Community Death Revealed! Find Out Which Human Being Is a Goner and What's Next

Warning: If you have yet to watch Thursday’s episode of Community, avert your eyes now! Everyone else, read on….

As a fitting end to its hilariously dramatic Law & Order homage, Community offed one of its own: Starburns.

While not a major character, Mr. ‘burns (aka Alex Osbourne) still felt like a member of the Greendale gang. He was a middle-aged community college student who rocked geometrically-shaped facial hair far better than most and often donned a mean top hat.

He was also Greendale’s premiere drug dealer, and, sadly, it ended up being the death of him. The victim of a meth lab explosion in the trunk of his car, Starburns and his weird ways will be missed.

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes — Including Community!

All that said, his portrayer Dino Stamatopoulos remains a consulting producer on Community (he co-wrote the classic stop-motion animated episode “Abed’s Uncontrollable Chirstmas”), so Starburns’ presence will continue to be felt on the quirky comedy… particularly next Thursday when Greendale hosts a lavish funeral in the cafeteria for its fallen Human Being.

So, Communies, what say you? Are you sad to see Starburns go? Were you shocked by the death? Wishing someone else had bitten the bullet? Hit the comments!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Commentary, Recaps, Spoilers

1. Dean says:

The link on TV Line’s facebook didn’t do a good job of hiding the spoiler.

• Amanda says:

There wasn’t a giveaway on my fb link unless you actually click on it and come to this page.

• CJ says:

I know one even worse than that: the show totally gave away the spoiler. It happened right there on national television!

• Rick says:

Dean’s probably on the West Coast. TVLine posts these recaps almost immediately after it airs on the East Cost.

• John Berggren says:

TVLine does a phenomenal job of hiding spoilers. TVGuide goes so far as to put spoilery pictures on their front page. I have no complaints here.

2. Chase says:

What? I wish it was Todd, I hate that guy. And his dumb baby.

3. amy says:

It was sad BUT I’m glad it wasn’t Leonard.

4. Stacy Gervais says:

BEST. EPISODE. EVER. So awesome…I loved L&O and this was a crazy, silly love letter to it! Never erasing from my DVR!

• rowan77 says:

I gotta agree, This was brilliant! I loved it even more than Modern Warfare which was my favorite episode. Megan Ganz was the writer on this episode, so kudos to her! I’m keeping this one was well.

• Angela says:

She’s written a few notable ones, if I recall rightly…:).

Shame to see him go, but I love the way they worked it into the show (and I actually got a bit nervous when the call came in announcing his death). Lavish funeral, eh? Okay, interested in that.

Loved this episode, too-Pelton was cracking me up throughout with all his antics and whatnot, Troy and Abed make a GREAT detective team, naturally, Annie was fantastic in the courtroom scene, their take on the opening theme and credits was brilliant, Jeff looked good in that black coat and whatnot…start to finish it was amazing. God, I love this show-hopefully NBC lets it be renewed for a fourth season *Crosses fingers*.

• jgrant794 says:

This one may be my new favorite as well but it’s a tough choice. Remedial Chaos Theory was excellent as well.

• rubytu says:

This really was a great episode! I think all the episodes of Community are rewatchable, unlike many other shows. You can keep them and rewatch them and enjoy them even more the 2nd and 3rd times!

5. Davs says:

His name was ALEX.

6. You know what’s kind of ironic? If the gang had gone back on their pinky-swear and told on him, he probably would have been busted for the meth lab, but he would still be alive. :|

7. Amy says:

Should have been Chang

8. Teag says:

Dang. I woulda preferred Vicki to go.

9. I’m just happy Leonard isn’t the one who died. Hope to see more of him soon.

I wish there had been more Pierce in the episode, but Community definitely outdid itself once again. That episode was excellent!

RIP Starburns

10. JoshJacksononOnceuponatimefan says:

I really thought it would be Chevy Chase.

11. Stacey says:

Loved this episode!! I was shocked about Starburn’s death – I completely forgot that one of the characters was supposed to die by the end of the season. Really wish they killed off Chang instead.

12. Todd says:

I wonder if Alex “Starburns” Osbourne will find his way down a Frankenhole…

13. Trish says:

What a brilliant episode!

14. florence says:

RIP Starburns
    PS: Am I the only one who as annoyed by the lack of Britta in last night’s episode? She’s my favorite character and she was like in one scene.

15. rubytu says:

Let it be a lesson to you all: don’t use the trunk of your car as your meth lab!!!

16. Me34 says:

I was hoping it would’ve been Magnitude… -_-

17. Ben says:

I thought it was going to be Garrett with the stuff a few episodes ago where they kept talking about having to save him. I’m sad to see Starburns go since he’s been a part of the show since the beginning, but I’m glad there was no cop-out by having a character die who had only been seen once or twice.

18. Sarabi says:

What are the chances that the meth lab was a nod to Breaking Bad? :)

19. maliu says:

I teared up when the teacher announced Starburns had died. Was I the only one? Terrific show all the way thru, I just didn’t expect that. But that’s why I love Community!