Exclusive First Look Video: Castle Meets The Walking Dead as Zombies Attack Rick and Kate!

Shooting this week’s Castle must have made Nathan Fillion feel like he was back on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In the episode (airing Monday at 10/9c on ABC), our hero and partner in crimefighting Beckett (Stana Katic) come face-to-rotting-face with a real, live… well, semi-live zombie.

Season Finale Guide: 54 Big Finishes Spoiled — Castle‘s Included!

As you can imagine, wacky chaos ensues. Not that you have to imagine, mind you. TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek for you. All you have to do is click below to see just how animated a reanimated corpse can really be!

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: First Look, Video

1. I have been waiting soooooooooo long for this! So excited for this episode. It’s gonna be fantastic. I love how Kate wildly runs after the Zombie. And why aren’t they using Lanie?

2. Leigh says:

This will be a great episode before the finale. Can’t wait til Monday!

3. Rocio says:

ahahahahahahah lol bex screaming ahah xD

4. eridapo says:

I love the clip. It reminds me of early season 2 Castle so much.

5. sayenyuna says:

Reblogged this on Books, Movies and more and commented:
    I just thought this is it. How Beckett looks at the zombie. It’s hilarious. Thanks at the Blog of TVLine.

6. Lisa Terrell says:

My thought EXACTLY, where is Lanie? Why does that coroner look familiar?

7. Gabiroba says:

OMG, I am laughing so hard at this. I can’t wait for the episode. Finally one of Castle’s weird theories coming true. LOOOOOOL

8. May says:

What the frak is that? Good lord.

9. Sina Rink says:

I really love Castle and they are getting even better!!

10. Shira says:

Thank you for posting this! Too funny!
    Becks chasing zombie with her gun! And she’s scared!

11. Michel says:

I have been waiting for THE BIG moment? I LOVE the banter and chemistry between the Kate and Rick. I love these kind of episodes where they show them just nearly escaping death. When the scare is over they realize they did it together!!! Ohhhhhh just want them to kiss. Yes I am the biggest CASTLE FAN.

12. Andy says:

That’s great! Also that M.E. is awesome. His conversations with Castle are usually hilarious. He pops up normally once a season.

• jessie says:

I wish they’d use him more often – he brings a different dry, comic dynamic than Lanie and he plays off of Nathan well If next year they’re trying to get back to the humor and magic of the first few seasons bring Perlmutter back.

13. Liza says:

This cap Will be Amazing and FUNNY

14. CAM says:

Laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair at work. This is great and I can’t wait to see the full episode on Monday.

15. D.M. says:

Did you see Kate’s face …. Priceless :)

16. Robin says:

So excited about this episode!

17. Meh says:

This show is trying too hard to be hip or cool with these nonsense gimmicks.

• Justin says:

Ironically, this whole “zombie sub-culture” completely exists. So this isn’t so far fetched and gimmicky as you might think. Besides, watching the full episode might actually have it make sense as to the why’s.

• Castle writers have never attempted to take themselves too seriously or tried to be “uber authentic” like CSI or other shows. They have always tried to be offbeat and funny and goofy, just like Castle himself. Obviously it won’t appeal to everyone, but it has a respectable base of core fans.

18. Val says:

Wait.. Zombies in Castle? I thought this was meant to be semi-realistic.
    I agree with ‘Meh’ – trying too hard to fit in with the rest. Zombie apocalypses are over-used, it’s getting old now. It’s been done too many times now and it’s always the same concept. I love Castle, but this just puts me off. Not excited for this at all, it’s just weird.

• Shaun says:

Not much different than a Comicon episode….

• Ashley says:

So you find this to be less than “semi-realistic” huh? Obviously you’re not very in tune with the various subcultures found all through the U.S. and the world. Google “Florida + Vampires” (where a chick tried to eat a homeless dude and a group of wannabe vamps killed a teenager) or just “zombie subculture” and you’ll find that, oh yes, there really are people who run around playing dead. In real life. And they take it quite seriously. Fact is usually stranger than fiction.

• mufflednoise says:

Zombie apocalypses will not get old anytime soon. You’ve probably heard of The Walking Dead, you know, the hugely successful show they’re referencing in the title. It may be one of the least original themes a TV show can take on, but people still definitely want to see it.

19. Vannesa says:

Can’t wait…looking forward to seeing when Castle & Beckett finally reveal their true feelings for one another. ;) :D

20. Jean says:

This is my favorite show! Love Castle…….what a sexy guy! I can’t wait for their real feelings “to explode!” Don’t make us wait another season please!!!!

21. yoyo says:

Perlmutter is back! :D

22. Sue says:

HaHaHa!!! This episode is going to be hilarious. Can’t wait. Like the serious episodes, but love the funny ones.

23. greysfan says:

ROFL!!! Can’t wait. This is going to be a funny episode

24. aleks_andra2000@yahoo.pl says:

kocham Cię Castle :)

25. Tania says:

Yeah, my nephew was right; Castle is an “incredibly stupid series”. Gotta love the kid. :p

• Melanie says:

Poor kid.

• Ariyen says:

Bonjor, ya can’t knock it till you watch it all. It’s not meant to be “completely” serious, but does get into things that many cops do deal with in parts of the states. It hits on parts of life and other stories, etc. that’s part of our real lives. It has it’s funny, comic, moments as well as stories that may not seem “true”, till ya look the stuff up and realize how much is “true” and that more of it could be fact over “fiction” and it stays true to it’s source and where some writers get their stories.

26. Mari says:

LMAO! OMG!

27. Alana says:

“we’re all meat.” Not yet, we’re not! Very funny scene.

28. DJ says:

Personally I think people who take Castle so seriously and are trying to make it the next CSI are not getting what this show really is. It’s suppose to be fun. Yes it has it serious moments as most good shows do and of course there is always the love factor but the show is suppose to draw you in. It HAS to have its silly moments or else really, would it be Castle?? I think not =) I love Castle and think every episode just makes you fall in love with it over and over again. Of course we all want them to get together but….I’m pretty sure the writers just love seeing us squirm. lol

29. Jillian says:

Yeah. I think this episode looks kind of cheesy and unrealistic. Also, it seems like every episode has to have a theme-dog show, ballroom dancing, fairy tales. All crime drama get like this eventually, but Castle is only in it’s 4th season. I kind of expect more since they are still kind of a young series.

• ann says:

Ya they maybe young,but still keeps us going. you don’t want it to end so quickly by rushing a good thing. ;)

30. hahaha..love the reaction of Stana!!!and her dialogue so difficult to memorize; Woah, Woah, Woah !!Lo
    l xD

31. Lauren says:

Loved this clip until I saw the rest of the sneak peeks. Now it looks as though the episode is going to be another sad journey down the Castle-Beckett rift. ;-( PLEASE tell me that the finale will heal my broken heart.

32. John says:

I think that once we see the entire episode, it’ll be more believeable. I still want to see Stana on Dancing With The Stars!

33. ann says:

where will this relationship go with beckett, if the killer that killed becketts mom turns out to be castles dad!! now thats a twist.