Exclusive First Look Video: Castle Meets The Walking Dead as Zombies Attack Rick and Kate!

Get More: First Look, Video

Shooting this week’s Castle must have made Nathan Fillion feel like he was back on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In the episode (airing Monday at 10/9c on ABC), our hero and partner in crimefighting Beckett (Stana Katic) come face-to-rotting-face with a real, live… well, semi-live zombie.

Season Finale Guide: 54 Big Finishes Spoiled — Castle‘s Included!

As you can imagine, wacky chaos ensues. Not that you have to imagine, mind you. TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek for you. All you have to do is click below to see just how animated a reanimated corpse can really be!

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (51)

• :D

Comment by Youmna – April 26, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Catle’s plots! This one should be funny

Comment by Stranger – April 26, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been waiting soooooooooo long for this! So excited for this episode. It’s gonna be fantastic. I love how Kate wildly runs after the Zombie. And why aren’t they using Lanie?

Comment by Katy Johnson (@katy_j314) – April 26, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m wondering about Lanie, too. I miss her when she’s not the M.E.

Comment by RoadSinger – April 26, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be a great episode before the finale. Can’t wait til Monday!

Comment by Leigh – April 26, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahahahahahahah lol bex screaming ahah xD

Comment by Rocio – April 26, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the clip. It reminds me of early season 2 Castle so much.

Comment by eridapo – April 26, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Books, Movies and more and commented:
    I just thought this is it. How Beckett looks at the zombie. It’s hilarious. Thanks at the Blog of TVLine.

Comment by sayenyuna – April 26, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My thought EXACTLY, where is Lanie? Why does that coroner look familiar?

Comment by Lisa Terrell – April 26, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because he had already been on several episodes in season.

Comment by Siria – April 26, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They used him before in some episodes…M.E. Sidney Perlmutter!
      Mostly through season 2, but also at the end of season 3 (Pretty Dead 3×23)

Comment by Natalie – April 26, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, possibly because he was a regular on the show Ellen, or because he played a recurring role on The Practice. The actor is Arye Gross.

Comment by MelindaB – April 26, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Lanie this episode

Comment by JAA – April 26, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I am laughing so hard at this. I can’t wait for the episode. Finally one of Castle’s weird theories coming true. LOOOOOOL

Comment by Gabiroba – April 26, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the frak is that? Good lord.

Comment by May – April 26, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love Castle and they are getting even better!!

Comment by Sina Rink – April 26, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for posting this! Too funny!
    Becks chasing zombie with her gun! And she’s scared!

Comment by Shira – April 26, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been waiting for THE BIG moment? I LOVE the banter and chemistry between the Kate and Rick. I love these kind of episodes where they show them just nearly escaping death. When the scare is over they realize they did it together!!! Ohhhhhh just want them to kiss. Yes I am the biggest CASTLE FAN.

Comment by Michel – April 26, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great! Also that M.E. is awesome. His conversations with Castle are usually hilarious. He pops up normally once a season.

Comment by Andy – April 26, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they’d use him more often – he brings a different dry, comic dynamic than Lanie and he plays off of Nathan well If next year they’re trying to get back to the humor and magic of the first few seasons bring Perlmutter back.

Comment by jessie – April 26, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This cap Will be Amazing and FUNNY

Comment by Liza – April 26, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair at work. This is great and I can’t wait to see the full episode on Monday.

Comment by CAM – April 26, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did you see Kate’s face …. Priceless :)

Comment by D.M. – April 26, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about this episode!

Comment by Robin – April 26, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is trying too hard to be hip or cool with these nonsense gimmicks.

Comment by Meh – April 26, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ironically, this whole “zombie sub-culture” completely exists. So this isn’t so far fetched and gimmicky as you might think. Besides, watching the full episode might actually have it make sense as to the why’s.

Comment by Justin – April 26, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Castle writers have never attempted to take themselves too seriously or tried to be “uber authentic” like CSI or other shows. They have always tried to be offbeat and funny and goofy, just like Castle himself. Obviously it won’t appeal to everyone, but it has a respectable base of core fans.

Comment by Patricia Knightley – April 26, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait.. Zombies in Castle? I thought this was meant to be semi-realistic.
    I agree with ‘Meh’ – trying too hard to fit in with the rest. Zombie apocalypses are over-used, it’s getting old now. It’s been done too many times now and it’s always the same concept. I love Castle, but this just puts me off. Not excited for this at all, it’s just weird.

Comment by Val – April 26, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not much different than a Comicon episode….

Comment by Shaun – April 26, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you find this to be less than “semi-realistic” huh? Obviously you’re not very in tune with the various subcultures found all through the U.S. and the world. Google “Florida + Vampires” (where a chick tried to eat a homeless dude and a group of wannabe vamps killed a teenager) or just “zombie subculture” and you’ll find that, oh yes, there really are people who run around playing dead. In real life. And they take it quite seriously. Fact is usually stranger than fiction.

Comment by Ashley – April 26, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Zombie apocalypses will not get old anytime soon. You’ve probably heard of The Walking Dead, you know, the hugely successful show they’re referencing in the title. It may be one of the least original themes a TV show can take on, but people still definitely want to see it.

Comment by mufflednoise – April 26, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait…looking forward to seeing when Castle & Beckett finally reveal their true feelings for one another. ;) :D

Comment by Vannesa – April 26, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my favorite show! Love Castle…….what a sexy guy! I can’t wait for their real feelings “to explode!” Don’t make us wait another season please!!!!

Comment by Jean – April 26, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perlmutter is back! :D

Comment by yoyo – April 26, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HaHaHa!!! This episode is going to be hilarious. Can’t wait. Like the serious episodes, but love the funny ones.

Comment by Sue – April 26, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROFL!!! Can’t wait. This is going to be a funny episode

Comment by greysfan – April 26, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kocham Cię Castle :)

Comment by aleks_andra2000@yahoo.pl – April 26, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, my nephew was right; Castle is an “incredibly stupid series”. Gotta love the kid. :p

Comment by Tania – April 26, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Poor kid.

Comment by Melanie – April 26, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bonjor, ya can’t knock it till you watch it all. It’s not meant to be “completely” serious, but does get into things that many cops do deal with in parts of the states. It hits on parts of life and other stories, etc. that’s part of our real lives. It has it’s funny, comic, moments as well as stories that may not seem “true”, till ya look the stuff up and realize how much is “true” and that more of it could be fact over “fiction” and it stays true to it’s source and where some writers get their stories.

Comment by Ariyen – April 27, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMAO! OMG!

Comment by Mari – April 26, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “we’re all meat.” Not yet, we’re not! Very funny scene.

Comment by Alana – April 26, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I think people who take Castle so seriously and are trying to make it the next CSI are not getting what this show really is. It’s suppose to be fun. Yes it has it serious moments as most good shows do and of course there is always the love factor but the show is suppose to draw you in. It HAS to have its silly moments or else really, would it be Castle?? I think not =) I love Castle and think every episode just makes you fall in love with it over and over again. Of course we all want them to get together but….I’m pretty sure the writers just love seeing us squirm. lol

Comment by DJ – April 26, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! I agree with everything you said so now I don’t have to elaborate. ; o] Thanks.

Comment by RoadSinger – April 26, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah. I think this episode looks kind of cheesy and unrealistic. Also, it seems like every episode has to have a theme-dog show, ballroom dancing, fairy tales. All crime drama get like this eventually, but Castle is only in it’s 4th season. I kind of expect more since they are still kind of a young series.

Comment by Jillian – April 26, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ya they maybe young,but still keeps us going. you don’t want it to end so quickly by rushing a good thing. ;)

Comment by ann – April 30, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahaha..love the reaction of Stana!!!and her dialogue so difficult to memorize; Woah, Woah, Woah !!Lo
    l xD

Comment by ~PiapE~ (@stanathan_marvz) – April 26, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this clip until I saw the rest of the sneak peeks. Now it looks as though the episode is going to be another sad journey down the Castle-Beckett rift. ;-( PLEASE tell me that the finale will heal my broken heart.

Comment by Lauren – April 27, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ma’am, please read what DJ wrote.

Comment by Ariyen – April 27, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that once we see the entire episode, it’ll be more believeable. I still want to see Stana on Dancing With The Stars!

Comment by John – April 28, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where will this relationship go with beckett, if the killer that killed becketts mom turns out to be castles dad!! now thats a twist.

Comment by ann – April 30, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post