What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Thursday

Get More: Previews, What to Watch

On TV this Thursday: A Vampire Diaries dance turns deadly, Community channels Law & Order, 30 Rock goes live (again), The Mentalist stops by a cross-dressing cabaret and more. In addition to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Missing (ABC) | Becca is forced to recall details of a traumatic former case in order to prove her innocence now. Michael, meanwhile, goes to new lengths to protect himself and Oksana.

8 pm The Vampire Diaries (The CW) | At the school’s ’20s-themed dance, Bonnie and Jamie’s double date with Elena and Stefan takes a deadly turn when the brothers must undo a spell that could prove devastating for everyone. (Check out Five Scoopy Bits From the Episode!)

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Wolowitz’s wedding plans are in jeopardy after Bernadette uncovers his sexual history. Spoiler alert: As these photos attest, all will be OK.

8:30 pm 30 Rock (NBC) | In the show’s second live episode, the Kabletown bosses announce they will no longer pay for TGS to broadcast live, triggering a Kenneth-led “magical” look back at the studio’s rich history. The best part? Community‘s Donald Glover makes a cameo as a young Tracy Jordan!

Exclusive: Watch Community‘s Take on the Infamous Law & Order Theme Song!

9 pm The Secret Circle (The CW) | Cassie’s loose grasp on her dark magic threatens to destroy any possible alliance when their pursuit leads them to the “Creepiest Place on Earth.” They’re going to Marie Osmond’s doll factory?

9 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | The Machine’s latest mark puts Reese undercover as part of an armored truck crew — a case that brings back memories of his last CIA mission and the painful decisions he was forced to make. A Gifted Man‘s Pablo Schreiber guest-stars.

9:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | While Leslie goes toe-to-toe with Bobby Newport in their big televised debate, Ann, Tom and Chris work in the media spin room, and Ron goes the extra mile to save a party for Leslie’s donors. (Check out an exclusive first look video!)

Grey’s Anatomy Preview: A Surprise Hook-Up, Plus a Finale in Which ‘Anybody Could Go’

10 pm Scandal (ABC) | After the Amanda Tanner case takes a shocking turn, clashing viewpoints leads Cyrus to research Olivia and the team’s personal lives; Quinn goes on a date with a scoop-thirsty reporter. Michael Ausiello guest stars. (We kid.)

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | Jane and the CBI try to find the killer of a man found outside a female-impersonator-filled cabaret club. Not-so-surprisingly, the list of suspects is filled with the victim’s bullies. Dirty Sexy Money‘s Samaire Armstrong returns as Summer and Falcon Crest‘s William R. Moses guest-stars.

10 pm Punk’d (MTV) | Pretty Little Liars‘ Lucy Hale pranks co-star Ian Harding as well as Vanessa Hudgens and Hunger Games heartthrob Josh Hutcherson.

Comments (49)

• I can’t wait to watch this episode of Community! Also, it’s a good day to be a Donald Glover fan.

Comment by amy – April 26, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Touch….Touch….Touch
    I am loving this new show, thats what i will be watching

Comment by Mel – April 26, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Rec and Punk’d for me this evening. And I still need to check out Missing!

Comment by Kendal Walworth (@Kendal_) – April 26, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person Of Interest for me.

Comment by Renee – April 26, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At first I had a hard time getting into Person of Interest, but now I am really enjoying it. I think they are building up the characters and storyline nicely. Good acting all around!!

Comment by Rosie – April 26, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to the NBC comedy block (except, sadly, for The Office). I loved the previous live episode of 30 Rock and this season has been so excellent…Community taking on Law & Order and the P&R debate between Leslie and Bobby both look great!

Comment by Dr. Bombay – April 26, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I admired the previous live episode of 30 Rock more than enjoyed it–it’s the same reaction I usually have to Improv shows. I appreciate the talent and hard work involved in such endeavors, but I don’t laugh as much ore get involved in the story like I do with regular preprepared and taped episodes.

Comment by CJ – April 26, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots to watch tonight:

Community
    Parks & Rec
    Awake
    Person of Interest
    Mentalist
    Touch
    Missing
    Scandal

Comment by Balaji K – April 26, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community! (Dun dun)
    And the Mentalist.

Comment by Morgan – April 26, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tvd decade dance is going to be epic! Been waiting since the march announcement for nick to return on the secret circle hoping tonight will be the night!

Comment by Heather – April 26, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought you wrote TWD decade dance. I was excited that The Walking Dead was coming back, but unsure about a dance episode

Comment by hibsta – April 26, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love TVD and TSC Thursdays! I miss Nick too… could he really come back tonight? I really wish Cassie and Jake could get back to where they were… I loved them together! I hope tonight will help Elena realize she needs to be with Stefan!
      I’ll also be watching Grey’s Anatomy and DVRing Scandal. I’m saving up the episodes to watch when I have some down time… maybe I’ll actually like it.

Comment by Kristen – April 26, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots to watch, DVR, or catch on demand! Definitely Community, then Vampire Diaries, then Parks and Rec. Maybe saving 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, and Awake for another day.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 26, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much good on one night!

Watching:
    The Big Bang Theory
    POI
    Mentalist

DVR:
    Missing
    Touch
    Scandal
    The Great American Manhunt

Comment by kirads09 – April 26, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching NFL Draft and Dvring TVD TSC Touch Big Bang Theory and Punk’d

Comment by Josh – April 26, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m DVRing the draft tomorrow. Falcons don’t have a 1st round this year.

Comment by Renee – April 26, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC comedies tonight, followed by Scandal.
    (Yay Community! Yay 30 Rock! Yay Donald Glover! Yay Parks and Rec!)

Comment by Leah – April 26, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries
    The Big Bang Theory
    American Idol
    30 Rock
    Grey’s Anatomy
    Person Of Interest
    The Secret Circle
    Punk’d

That’s all for me!!!! Some good stuff comin on.

Comment by Kissan – April 26, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries and Person of Interest

Comment by LLL – April 26, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me tonight
    Vampire Diaries
    Secret Circle
    Greys (recording and watching after) I am surprised it is not on the must watch list!
    POI (recording) So happy it is back I love that show
    Awake (recording) Surprised it is not on the watch list
    Office (very reluctantly recording but my husband likes the show and it is one of a handful we watch together)
    Thursday nights are the best!

Comment by sarah – April 26, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • greys is on the list lol. its in bright red

Comment by L – April 26, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community
    30 Rock
    Person of Interest
    Already seen Parks and Rec.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – April 26, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching Person of Interest; I’ll TiVo Touch, Awake, Scandal, and the Nationals/Padres game, which starts at 10. As we get up early, I have to catch the 10 pm shows later. I’ll go through the game highlights while I get dressed tomorrow morning.

Comment by Doris – April 26, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • way to much on tonight

The Big Bang Theory
    30 Rock
    The Officce
    The Mentalist
    Punk’d
    and of course The NFL Draft!

Comment by matthew – April 26, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh and how could I forget about Community?!?!

Comment by matthew – April 26, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community, Person of Interest & Awake. On Demand: Touch. :-)

Comment by bad kevin – April 26, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Awake taking a break?

Comment by niks – April 26, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, it’s new. Guess they don’t consider it as something that is necessarily “MUST SEE” tonight.

Comment by Mike – April 26, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s a shame because barring the last episode, Awake has been pretty great.

Comment by niks – April 26, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe ‘Awake’ has decided to get in ‘Touch’ with its sleep which it has been ‘Missing’ to watch ‘Person Of Interest’.

Comment by Daniel – April 26, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vd, SC

Comment by Brandy – April 26, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awake, Awake, Awake
    Grey’s Anatomy
    No Must See TV love for Awake and Grey’s? I know GA is a sure thing for renewal but Awake needs all the support it can get. C’mon let’s show a little Awake love, TV Line!

Comment by Linderella – April 26, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • VAMPIRE DIARIES and SECRET CIRCLE for me! Watch them both LIVE tonight everyone.

I’ll DVR Person of Interest and Awake and watch them afterwards.

Comment by Anon – April 26, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVD, Persons of Interest, and then Scandal!!

Comment by jmknight3 – April 26, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVD, TBBT, Parks & Rec,Community, 30 Rock, The Office (if it’s new and begrudingly), Grey’s Anatomy, and Scandal!

Comment by Cody – April 26, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching The Big Bang Theory and Person Of Interest. Love both of these shows.

Comment by Holly – April 26, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang THeory!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY! i feel like it hasnt been on in forever.
    Greys- my favorite! :)
    Mentalist- even tho i barely ever watch this show.

On demand: Missing

Comment by L – April 26, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing, The Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, Parks and Recreation and The Office. Good night for tv!

Comment by Justin – April 26, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t Be Tardy For The Wedding
    Scandal

Comment by Jared – April 26, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal!!!!

Comment by Zee – April 26, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its getting better every week, along with the veep. Good shows.

Comment by terry – April 27, 2012 02:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching the NFL draft live.
    DVR’ing:
    Idol Results
    Touch
    Missing
    Grey’s
    Scandal
    Awake
    POI
    Mentalist

Thank goodness for multiple DVR’s.

Comment by Andrew – April 26, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVD,Greys and Mentalist….others will watch online

Comment by Shaun – April 26, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely be watching Community and Parks and Recreation, and definitely not be watching The Office.

Comment by Ann – April 26, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

• TBBT
    30 Rock
    POI (Love it!)

Comment by BLT – April 26, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tvd and poi

Comment by ollie – April 26, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle, Community, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, The Office, Greys, Scandal & Awake.

Comment by theresa – April 26, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post