Idol Leaderboard: Who Is Your Favorite from the Top 6? (Take Our Poll!)

The American Idol Season 11 Top 6 hit the stage tonight with two numbers — one from the Queen songbook, another filed under “contestant’s choice — and I’d argue it’s the most evenly matched half-dozen vocalists in Idol history.

Yet while that means each week’s performances count more than ever in determining who stays and who goes home — the vocalist I ranked at No. 1 last week just got eliminated, for Pete’s sake! — it’s still fun to look in at who’s got momentum heading into the live show, and who’s already shopping for a lifejacket to wear for a special editing of Thursday Night Plank-Walking with Ryan Seacrest.

Check out my contestant rankings below, then take our poll and vote for your own favorite!

American Idol: 10 Dream Theme Nights!

6. Hollie Cavanagh (Last Week No. 7) | Landed in the Bottom 2 last week despite the fact that “Rolling in the Deep” marked her best-ever performance. One of the judges’ favorite punching bags is definitely stepping up her game, but is it a case of too little, too late? Definitely needs more careful song selection if she wants a Top 5 finish.

5. Elise Testone (Last Week No. 6) | Awesome one-two punch of “Vienna” and “Whole Lotta Love” seems like a distant memory in the wake of a strained “I Want to Know What Love Is” and awkward “Let’s Get It On.” Not entirely unjustified complaints about judges’ tough critiques might have played better had her vocals been spot on in both performances last week, but “No One” was nevertheless a pretty fabulous vocal. That said, Elise seems to have fared better — artistically and with voters — when she’s leaned toward rock/soul moreso than pop/R&B. (A good harbinger for Queen week?)

Idology: Heejun Han on Asian Clichés, Cowboy Drama, Hilfiger-Gate and His One Idol Regret

4. Jessica Sanchez (Last Week No. 3) | The Judges’ Save certainly gave her some added exposure and momentum, and put her fan base on high alert. Plus she’s hit so few bum notes this season that even Randy Jackson would be able to keep count. Yet while “Fallin’” was perhaps her personal best since Top 13 night, J.Lo has a point that Jessica needs to become a more dynamic stage performer — and avoid any missteps in song selection (i.e. “Try a Little Tenderness,” “Turn the Beat Around”) — if she wants to pull a Jordin Sparks and have her “This Is My Now” moment.

3. Joshua Ledet (Last Week No. 4) | “Runaway Baby” may have landed him in the Bottom 3 two weeks back, but it proved he can handle contemporary uptempo material with style and sex appeal to spare. Hopefully, that brush with elimination didn’t scare him into spending the rest of the season solely on soulful ballads backed by Gospel choirs, as “I Believe” and “A Change Is Gonna Come” were a little samey-samey. Perhaps a stripped down, intimate performance — think Fantasia’s “Summertime,” or Bo Bice’s “In a Dream” — would solidify his position as the season heads toward hometown visits?

2. Phillip Phillips (Last Week No. 5) | Only contestant this season to never land in the Bottom 3 — not that it did Colton Dixon much good — and he’s been very consistent at delivering growly, guitar-driven twists on a variety of artists’ tunes. Would be nice to see Phillip stretch his range a little — maybe something sparse and deeply romantic, or upbeat and bursting with good vibrations — but then the question becomes: Is it smarter strategy to remain rigidly in one’s wheelhouse and play to one’s base, or does an Idol winner need to spread his wings and make certain his fan base doesn’t get bored or apathetic?

1. Skylar Laine (Last Week No. 2) | Country has become a key component of the Idol landscape, and not even prior winners Carrie Underwood or Scotty McCreery could’ve matched this Mississippi firecracker’s stage presence and/or party-startin’ skills during their respective Season 4 and Season 10 runs. Skylar needs to be extra careful about maintaining vocal control — “Heard It Through the Grapevine” was right on the edge of disaster — but she’s wisely mixed up tempo and lyrical content over the last nine weeks without ever losing her sense of authenticity.

Who is your Season 11 favorite? Vote in the poll below, then explain your picks in the comments!

Comments (240)

• i hope next weeks list looks very different. not only because i want Elise higher, but because i’m loving the unpredictability this season. you know, like how the person in the no.1 spot last week was voted out the day after? it’s just compelling television. i still can’t get over the fact that idology isn’t behind Elise (except for Jason). this is the first time we haven’t agreed Slezak.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who is this Jason you keep talking about?

Comment by MamaLis – April 25, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He is the editor of the Idology videos.

Comment by moi – April 25, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the editor. all the captions, all the funny editing- that’s all him.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ohhh. So is he the one that finds those oh-so- funny tv & movie clips for Idology?

Comment by MamaLis – April 25, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • indeed! and since Parks and Recreation and Community are currently me 2 favorite shows on TV and Elise is my favorite on AI, Jason has become one of my favorite people.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:23 PM PDT
      • Btw, he’s @JasonAverett on Twitter (doesn’t tweet very much, but sure deserves follows and major accolades for his incredible editing of IDOLOGY – and it’s previous incarnation when it was IDOLOONIES — still worth watching years later, if you can find them on YT ;)

Comment by laurirose – April 25, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yikes, I’m sending myself to the Apostrophe Posse!! Deserving of another emoticon :(
          That should have been “ITS” previous incarnation..

PS. My favorites (as incredible mature singers) for Top 2 are Elise and Joshua…
          Just sayin’…

Comment by laurirose – April 25, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with everything you wrote.

Comment by Dick Whitman – April 25, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Elise is going to “rock” Queen, I would love to see her do “Stone Cold Crazy”….Ya Know!

Comment by gary – April 25, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i want “death on two legs”. things that will NEVER happen. no chance these songs were on the 7 songs list that the 6 of them probably got.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true. So sad.

Comment by J. May – April 25, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • but maybe “Under Pressure” for Elise?

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:25 PM PDT
        • OMG Death on Two Legs would be SO awesome! Why doesn’t anyone ever do that song—it rocks!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looks like Slezak is a member of the Shoutlaws… oops, I mean Skoutlaws. My ears hope she goes home this week.

Comment by PunkSkittle (@GashleyT) – April 25, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t hope for Elise to be higher… Colton was number one last power rankings, and he went home. So if Skylar goes next, you’d better pray that Slezak doesn’t rank your favorite as number one. Because either he is cursed or a terrible predictor.

Comment by Jake – April 25, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The poll is looking very good for my wgwg since my wgwp got sent home last week. Please say no to another country idol.

Comment by fullyCOOKed – April 25, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m in!

Comment by KrisFan – April 25, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does wgwg stand for white GIRL with guitar?

Comment by umbrella – April 25, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. THis doesn’t look good for Joshua – the most consistent and believable artist all season!!!

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right??!
      Most of my downloaded choices have been songs from Joshua.

Comment by Lunakit – April 25, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The polls here never correspond to the actual results. Let’s keep our faith on Joshua!

Comment by Leila – April 25, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry about this little old poll Jason. I’m not. And I agree-he is by far the most consistent and believable contestant this whole season.

Comment by TC – April 25, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Phillip, but I think it would be bad for the show if he won. Too repetitive in the wgwg winners. I hope he makes it to the top 3. I’d like 2 girls to be in the final 2. Skylar and another girl – I really don’t care who. This season is so evenly matched it’s hard to choose a consistent favorite.

Comment by Princess Adora – April 25, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the people with highest amount of votes should be in the final…whether it’s a guy or girl.

Comment by Nikki – April 25, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well obviously, I was just stating what I’m hoping for! :) It’s been too long since a female has won this competition.

Comment by Princess Adora – April 25, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hi, are you new here?

Comment by Lunakit – April 25, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can you please explain the Phillip love to me? I liked him the first time I heard him, now I find his yelling through songs and Dave Matthews-body movements irritating.

Comment by sneakin – April 25, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hmm…explain the Phillip love? Well I’ve never actually listened to Dave Matthews, so that might help lol I’ve read that he had a very painful stent put in for the kidney stones, so I’m pretty impressed that he’s literally still standing. And more importantly, I just really like his shouty voice, awkward movements/facial expressions and what he does with the songs he performs. It’s obvious that he has a lot of love and passion for music when he sings.

I didn’t say he’s my favorite however. I keep voting for Skylar, so she must be my fav (and I don’t even like country!), she’s just an amazing performer and has a great voice.

Like I said, it’s too hard to choose a fav this season, they are all pretty fantastic!

Comment by Princess Adora – April 25, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elise and Holly for the win! Philip in the top 3.

Comment by april – April 25, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the Colton interview, btw???

Comment by MamaLis – April 25, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was just gonna ask the same thing!

Comment by Krista – April 25, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I keep checking for that myself!

Comment by Sandi – April 25, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The interviews usually post on a Thursday or Friday. It has to go through editing first (just took place on Tuesday).

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • they’re usually posted on Wednesday.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • OK, cool. Thanks for the Intel, guys. :)

Comment by Krista – April 25, 2012 01:01 PM PDT
  • There is absolutely no way to predict how this will turn out, like Michael said it’s probably the most evenly-matched top 6 we’ve seen. I loved Hollie last week but her sudden rise to kick-ass-dom may have come too little too late for her – and I fear that if she does manage to keep up her momentum from last week it may be at the expense of her BFF Joshua (heaven forbid!).
    Also, from an international standpoint (I speak to you from Scandinavia) I kinda hope Skylar doesn’t win – if only because country music is impossible to promote outside the US. Scotty McCreery’s album isn’t even available on iTunes anywhere in Europe. The show is called American Idol and the American people rightly decide, and obviously Scotty’s done very well for himself in America, but the show has a lot of international fans like me who’d like to see a winner that can cross the continents the way Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry and Adam Lambert have done. I love Skylar’s personality but I’d like to see someone with a little more international appeal to get the confetti shower in the end.

Comment by Sara – April 25, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are absolutely right Sara. Country music rarely makes it internationally (but there is some recognition just not enough to warrant a tour).

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just in response to country not being international. I’m from England and I love country music and there is an increasing interest in it over here. For example Carrie Underwood is set to play her first date here in the summer and Lady Antebellum are coming back for their 2nd tour (which I have tickets for, very excited!). I think the problem is people have a perception of what country is, only relate able if you come from America and in particular the south, whereas a lot of modern day country isn’t so boxed in. So saying all that I hope Skylar does win as it will only increase the interest in an overlooked genre of music in Europe! Also loving this season all the singers are exceptionally good!

Comment by rd1991 – April 25, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too I think out of the top 6 Hollie, Elise and Jessica has international appeal. Jessica already has a big following in the Philippines while Hollie is british who doesn’t love Adele? and Elise can be like the girl who sang bubbly like a singer/songwriter type :)

Comment by JC – April 25, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elise is a sneaky top three in your poll. Just like the silent minority keeping her from getting eliminated or even the bottom two last week. Disagreeing with Slestack. Yea for Jason!

Comment by gary – April 25, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @gary- another pro-Elise thread today? i’m all for it!

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Go for it. I’m in!

Comment by april – April 25, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i’m just getting excited for the show… everyone’s talking about the Queen part of the evening, but i’m really curious to see what she does for the “any song” part. don’t get me wrong- i love queen, and i’m confident she can do well with that, but i read that they got a really short list and that they all wanted the same song (hopefully it’s NOT somebody to love), so there might be trouble there. with the other song- she could be doing something great. can it start already please??
          oh- was has no one ever sung “Save Me”? that’s a great powerful Queen song for Idol. maybe i’m forgetting and someone has chosen it before.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too!

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • how could there not be?!?

Elise!

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Add me to #TheElites – seriously pro-Elise..

the “judges” and almost everyone else don’t get her..
      Getting ready to do a 2-hour straight voting marathon for her tonite

(even tho I also really appreciate Joshua, I’m going nonstop for the brilliant Ms. Testone…)

Mr. Slezak, a quick question for you & others:

else besides me wonder why P2 – Phillip has not yet done a Ray LaMontagne tune? I’ve expected him to do that every week…

He could win me over big time (and probably get me to buy it on iTunes) if he did any RL song…

Comment by laurirose – April 25, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY?! Why is Philip the favorite of the poll? What about him inspires his fans, the growling, the sameness? I think I finally understand America.

Comment by Sam – April 25, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Because he’s the only remaining contestant whose music I could see myself buying. I happen to like wgwgs,

Comment by Fran V – April 25, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, I guess correct grammar would be wgswgs.

Comment by Fran V – April 25, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Cuz Phillip Rocks.

Comment by PhillipRocks – April 25, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s blues hounds plus the tweener girls. It reallt has nothing to do with ‘understanding America’ beyond learning basic demos.

Comment by Tarc – April 25, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Would be nice to see Phillip stretch his range a little — maybe something sparse and deeply romantic, or upbeat and bursting with good vibrations”

Oh, I think that P2 can’t pull that sort of thing off. He’s not Bo Dice and it would only remind us of his limitations. If he did it, it would B3 and possibly goodbye for him. I’d love to see him take the risk, ‘cuz I’m ready to say goodbye to this cat.

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We heard his chest voice the other day – he could absolutely do something sparse and deeply romantic. I’m sure he could also do something very upbeat – but the song list is short. Remember all these kids have a lot of limitations on their material (and it’s not terribly fair – the countyr folks are hightly supportive, but other types of music are not necessarily).

Comment by Tarc – April 25, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Phil actually has a nice soft tone and could do a good job with a tender song, as long as he didn’t shout at the end. He has a lot of passion for music, but it would be nice if he pulled back once in awhile.

Comment by zaza – April 25, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read on Twitter that Phillip is sick and in a lot of pain today. #1) Feel better, Phillip! And hang in there! #2) It’ll be interesting to see if the judges try to make him cry about it…him being the only true artist on the show and all.
    Have to say, I think Elise is the shiz, but I dig Skylar too. She’s just so fun!

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :) oh, the spot on comments from MA are making me happy again.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to his loved ones he is fine and he will be performing. But I’d there’s a good possibility we’ll get an appearance from the medic (similar to when Season 10′s Alaina had vocal issues) on camera.

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You mean Dr. Blackscrubs? Cool!

Comment by zaza – April 25, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not get the love for Philip. A guy that moves like Joe Cocker, tries to imitate John Mayer with his weird facial expressions, and has the charisma of RedFoo of LMFAO (none) is not who I see winning. At least I hope not!

Comment by david7118 – April 25, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s all over hyped. It will balance out soon.

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you need 2 x chromosomes to truly understand the sexiness that is P2.

Comment by Jenay – April 25, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s possible that some of his awkward moves and grimaces are because he’s in pain. I;ve never had kidney stones, but when you sing harder/louder, you push from your diaphragm, which I would imagine would put extra pressure on your kidneys. Just sayin’ …. cut this guy a break.

Comment by Linda Foltz (@LindaDec1) – April 25, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This^^

Comment by LibbyD – April 25, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry but that’s just nonsense. That’s his style and it’s wearing thin.

Comment by Jb – April 25, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, you don’t get it. Maybe you should work on that.

Comment by Tarc – April 25, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have so many favorites this year. All these contestants are winners in my book. I really wanted a Colton, Skylar, Hollie, and Joshua final four, but last week ruined that for me.

I guess the one that’s been up there is Skylar. Girl is so mega confident and spunky. She has a great voice.

I hope Phillip feels better. The poor guy seems to be in a lot of pain. I can’t imagine.

Comment by J – April 25, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Queen is right up Elise’s alley. I’m 99% sure she’ll do well, if not completely blowing us away. Given the fact that she was probably the only one who was alive during the ’80s and the rather poor performance she gave that week, though, I’m forced to allocate the other 1% to another I Wanna Know What Love Is performance. :/

Obviously, my favorite is Elise. If it were up to me, top 3 would be Elise, Joshua and Skylar, with Jessica a very very close fourth. I used to adore Phillip after he did Movin’ Out, but now I’m kinda sorta over his growly, gritty voice. I thought You Got It Bad was amazing, and if he does more of that kind of songs I’m sure he’s a mortal lock for the finale, if not the winner altogether. Though he’s kind of already there anyways. With back-to-back Jessica and Colton eliminations (or pseudo-elimination, in the former’s case), I think he’s in some danger anyways if the voters get too comfortable.

I loved Hollie after Rolling in the Deep, but I agree with you, Michael; I’d make her walk the plank next. I love her Celine Dion-esque voice, but she’s just too inconsistent. Flashes of brilliance here and there (Reflection, RITD, All the Man That I Need) but it was still dotted by lackluster ones (Son of a Preacher Man, Perfect (or, as Idology reiterated, “Pah-Fec”, Honesty). Before I replayed most of her performances on Youtube I was ready to jump aboard her bandwagon should Elise leave; however, this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. :/

Comment by Static – April 25, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol, Elise may have been alive in the 80′s but she would have been a small child…probably listening to Seseme Street more than Queen! However, she does seem to be (musically) an old soul, so she probably will do well with Queen. At least, I hope so.

Comment by zaza – April 25, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know…I think the Muppets did Bohemian Rhapsody at some point.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I pick Jessica, Elise, and Joshua for the top three. I like Hollie, Phillip and Skylar (I’ve liked all of Season 11) but would be overjoyed to see someone from my top three win.

Tonight will be either extremely fun to hear or a bad cover waiting to happen (Queen songs). The ‘one other song’ will probably be the save of some of them. I hope they do the Queen covers first. I am looking forward to the show tonight either way!

Comment by Chris – April 25, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^THIS!^ great top 3…

Comment by Lunakit – April 25, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica and Joshua are both very nervous about the Queen theme as stated in their AI interviews. They only had 13 songs to pick from and Hollie (as well as Elise) have said they’ll all end up going for that ONE song. Plus, that telephone book singing Randy keeps talking about is bogus, he discounts why people buy music and why it’s rare to have every song on a album become a mega hit. If this was true then ANY Queen song would be fine with the Idols. Certainly was not the fault of Freddie Mercury’s vocals.

Comment by Suggestor – April 25, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WOnder which song everyone fought for. Figure Holly or Jessica will do Show Must Go On(Most likely Jessica) Elise will probably do Bohemian Rhapsody, Joshua will get stuck with Somebody To Love, Philip will do a werird song choice no one’s ever heard of and Skylar will country up Crazy Little Thing Called Love. That will leave Holly with We Are The Champions.

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Phil could kill We Will Rock You. There are decades of choices, of course, and Mercury could sing everything.

Comment by Tarc – April 25, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Jessica got Bohemian

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who hasn’t jumped on the Philip bandwagon. I really don’t get the hype.

Comment by wtalexander – April 25, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He seems to be very polarizing. I don’t get him either.

Comment by Leila – April 25, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t not like him, just not a commanding presence on stage. He’s interesting in a quirky way but I think his interviews are funny. The recent one concerning Katy Perry’s appearance is P2 at his best. As long as he doesn’t tire out the marginal voters he won’t be in trouble.

Comment by Suggestor – April 25, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Of all the recent WGWGs who’ve made it to the finals, only Lee DeWyze was worse. You can make a case for Kris Allen, David Cook and Scotty Mc as being the best in their seasons, but P2 is 4th on my list this year.

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Isn’t it great that we all have our own opinions? The world would be crazy boring if we all had the same taste. I, for one, have jumped on the Phillip bandwagon. I think he’s great, and I have only purchased his songs on iTunes.

Phil Phil for the Win Win. lol

Comment by karenb – April 25, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think being 4th on your list is still pretty darn good! ;-)

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 4th is way too high. The guy is dreadful.

Comment by Jb – April 25, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “that even Randy Jackson would be able to keep count. ” LOL!

Comment by Bonnie A. – April 25, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sat and stared at the poll for a long time before finally clicking an option. I really do not have a favorite this year. It seems that evenly matched makes for wishy-washy voters. There are favorite performances, but not really a favorite artist. (Look Randy, I used artist when referring to all of them!) Today, I picked one, but tomorrow, it may be another. I have to say this is the first time that has happened to me in Idol history.

Comment by Holly – April 25, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had a hard time picking because I like Elise, Joshua, Skylar and Phillip all the same, I can’t really pick ONE.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The person who sings “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” will go home. My ears still bleed from Tim Urban’s performance. Love of My Life would be a great song for Elise to sing.

Comment by Scott – April 25, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ew, that would be PERRFECT for P2

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hollie has probably picked Love of My Life by now. Or maybe Joshua.

Comment by Leila – April 25, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and I seem to recall Taylor Hicks kicking a$$ with that song

Comment by Cip – April 25, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about Killer Queen for Elise? I can see that working.

Comment by Miscellaneopolan – April 25, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phillip Phillips 27.56%??? What is the world coming to? I assumed people on here would be more discerning.

Comment by Baby C – April 25, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m afraid he’s getting Colton’s votes.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The herd is coming over to vote.

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, where are all those White Teenage Girls gonna fling their text votes at without Colton?

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fortunately, this poll is “non-scientific” and is not powered enough to mean squat. To think Josh is at the bottom is proposterous given he’s by far the most well rounded of all the contestants. Take this poll with a grain of salt as it’s isn’t indicative of greater America.

Comment by TopCat – April 25, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there any truth in the story that chicks vote, guys don’t? That would be the reason why white guitar-playing hearthrobs have won these past few seasons. No, Lee DeWyze doesn’t count.

Comment by Claudia Costa Chaves – April 25, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would say yes. If your general male music fan watches I doubt he votes and his girlfriend might.

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Among my acquaintances, most men don’t even WATCH idol, but a lot of females do. Hard to vote, if you don’t watch.

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with this. I don’t know any men who watch American Idol, much less vote, unless they’re doing it with girlfriend/wife or daughter.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just gonna say it. I don’t think Holly is in the same caliber as the other remaining contestants. I mean, if we’re really having to make the tough choices now. She’s sweet as candy but…. just my opinion :o

Comment by MamaLis – April 25, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this completely. I adore Hollie, but if we’re going on skill, talent, and performance ability alone, she should go next. On the other hand, if we’re going on “who do you think is the most darling and want to put in your pocket and carry around,” she should win the whole thing.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sandy Duncan, if you ask me. Which means her wheelhouse is Musical Theatre. Would be nice for Idology to pull some old Sandy Duncan tapes for us.

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously? She’s prettier than Miley Cyrus, she sings better, has a better figure and is much classier. There’s room for her in show business,

Comment by Brynn – April 25, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We like him deal with it. He is different than all the rest. Is he the best? no, I am not deaf but he has a lot of the all around qualities I like in an Idol same with several of the others.
    Just like America..

Comment by GeorgeR – April 25, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to hear Skylar sing something straight ahead rock like she did in week 1 with the Faces song. She proved she could rock without the country twist. I’d also like to hear Jessica sing Who Wants to to Live Forever.

Comment by J. May – April 25, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would be surprised but really don’t think Skylar is going to veer away from country. She has a twang and slang in that voice permanently (cute but country).

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok! they posted the list. it’s tiny, so i can’t really read the contestant’s choice songs but here is the Queen list. let the guessing begin:

1. The Show Must Go On
    2. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (of course)
    3. Fat Bottomed Girls
    4. Bohemian Rhapsody
    5. I Want It All
    6. Save Me (yay!! great choice for Idol IMO)

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and now they posted a bigger picture, so here are the other songs:
      1. dance with my father (hey, as long as Jermaine isn’t coming back…)
      2. the climb (Hollie? first audition song from season 10)
      3. ready for love by India Arie
      4. Bold as Love by Jimmy Hendrix
      5. something i don’t quite understand- any help guys?
      6. tattoos on this town

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 5 is “the [blank] – [blank] [blank] band.

my guess- Phillip is doing the stone by Dave Matthews Band.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In honor of his kidneys?

Comment by Brynn – April 25, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Would LOVE for Elise to do Bold As Love!!!!

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m putting my money on Elise and Jimi Hendrix, and I’m going to try not to jinx her by thinking already that it will be frakkin’ awesome.
        Do we know which “The Climb” it is? Why can I only think of the No Doubt song (which I like a lot, but it seems awfully obscure for Idol).

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it’s Miley Cyrus…

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh, good lord.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 01:10 PM PDT
          • Apparently, Hollie already does a cover of The Climb, so I’m guessing it’s probably her doing it tonight—Joshua most likely is singing Dance with my Father

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 01:21 PM PDT
        • I would assume it’s Miley Cyrus (possibly a Joshua tune for the night…maybe Skylar).

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • and of course Elise is doing Hendrix. especially if i’m right about Phillip and DMB (which i really want to see, could be really great).

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dance With My Father? Again? I kind of wish the show didn’t allow the same song to be sung twice in one season, but oh well.

Comment by Miscellaneopolan – April 25, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did it say “Ready for Love” was by India Arie, because it could be Bad Company’s “Ready for Love” if not.

Comment by 30CamdenSquare – April 25, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would laugh (and secretly adore it) if Joshua did Fat Bottomed Girls and rocked it out. Something tells me Skylar may go after that one though.

Comment by IdolFan – April 25, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bohemiam Rhapsody. Elise?

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Elise sings “The Show Must Go On”. Melody that have a lot to work w/, like that one, are the type of songs that show of her greatest strength, which is her phrasing. Plus, like Haley, songs that are at least partially in a minor key work better for her.

Comment by 30CamdenSquare – April 25, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so the second list is pretty obvious:
    1. Joshua
    2. Hollie
    3. Jessica
    4. Elise
    5. Phillip
    6. Skylar.

how about the Queen songs? i’m having a hard time guessing…

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now why would Josh sing “Dance with my Father”?

Comment by Marie – April 25, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • who else?

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no. sorry-you are right. I didn’t reallize it was a Luther song ( I was thinking of another song sung by a female). ugh….I hope he kills it then. He’s my favorite

Comment by Marie – April 25, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • i hope everyone kills it tonight. i think it’s going to be an amazing show.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 01:30 PM PDT
    • I don’t know. Does it make sense that Jessica will sing Fat-Bottom Girls & Ready for Love? That sounds like something Skylar would try.

1. Joshua – The Show Must Go On/Dance With My Father
      2. Jessica – Crazy Little Thing Called Love/The Climb (Jimmy wants her to go younger)
      3. Skylar – Fat Bottomed Girls/Ready For Love
      4. Elise – Bohemian Rhapsody/Bold As Love
      5. Phil – I Want It All/ ————–
      6. Hollie – Save Me/Tattoos On Town

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh, the numbers i wrote were only for the second list. i still think Hollie is doing the climb, but i could be wrong.
        i’m not sure about the Queen songs. can’t decide.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I learned last week that the songs are not necessarily in order of appearance. So just because someone gets the first song on one list doesn’t mean he/she also gets the first song on the next list.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But that’s a photo of a list on the web. My guess is jotted down in order of appearance. Elise is so perfect for Rhapsody, and she’s doing Jimmy. Skylar needs to change it up this week and do something slow like Ready For Love. And only Hollie would be dumb enough to tackle Save Me.

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • it’s never in the order of appearance. they post it every week. they wouldn’t give away that much before the show.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 01:51 PM PDT
          • It was the same last week. It’s not in order of appearance. I believe they write down the songs and take the photo specifically to “leak” it to the web.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 01:53 PM PDT
          • I’ll go with Aldean’s song for Skylar, but Fat-Bottom Girls is in her lane. So that would make Hollie doing Save Me and Ready for Love.

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 02:00 PM PDT
      • No way anybody but Philip is doing Fat Bottomed Girls. I Want It All is probably Skylar. Would love if Joshua did Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Show must go on is the big diva ballad so will probably be Hollie. Elise will definitely do Bohemian Rhapsody. JEssica will get Save ME (I’ve never heard this song though.)

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just listen to it on YouTube. it’s not the type of thing Jessica needs to do right now. She needs to go light and Crazy could work for her, but Hollie could take it on. But I agree that Joshua needs to balance Dance With Your Father with something light.

My guess is that whoever takes on Save Me better blow it out the box, or they are goin’ home.

Comment by Name That Tune – April 25, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • i hope Hollie is doing Save Me. good be great for her.

Comment by noa – April 25, 2012 02:50 PM PDT

The Climb-Miley Cyrus
    Ready for Love- India Arie
    Bold as Love-Jimi Hendrix
    Tattoos on this Town-Jason Aldean
    The ______ – _____ ______ Band

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The list is up and here are my prediction:

The Show Must Go On – Joshua
    Fat Bottomed Girls – Phillip
    Bohemian Rhapsody – Hollie (start off a capella like last week)
    Save Me – Jessica
    Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Elise
    I Want It All – Skylar

Dance with My Father – Joshua (the luther comparison has been there all season)
    The Climb – Jessica (age appropriate like Jimmy mentioned for her)
    Ready for Love – Hollie
    Bold as Love – Elise
    Dave Matthews Band (assumption) – Phillip
    Tattoos on this Town – Skylar

Comment by Alli – April 25, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow a Jimi Hendrix song. The guy sang like two notes his entire career. That has to be Philip’s song right? If it’s Elise unless she totally reinvents the song she is going home for sure!! Could be epic rearrange or epic failure.

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously?? Jimi Hendrix is fantastic! I wish she’d gone for something more rocking, but I think this is a good choice.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not saying Jimi Hendrix is not incredible. As a guitar player. As a singer? Come on!!! Not so much. Especially in the American Idol need a power vocal moment category. Plus Bold As lOve is a known song but not too the American Idol viewers. Love Hendrix but it may go down as well as Jason Castro doing Bob Marley.

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Then again that may be why it could just work. She can totally make it her own if she sings the hell out of it!!!!!! But she may be taking their advice to choose something like Zeppelin too literal.

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2012 04:55 PM PDT
          • Yeah, I think she’s better off doing something that isn’t super common because then viewers don’t have anything to compare it to. She also may play this song with her band (they do some Hendrix covers, though I don’t know about this one for sure). If she knows the song and already likes it, that’ll go a long way too. Part of the problem on Idol, I think, is that the singers often only get a short time to learn the songs, and practice really does help make things better. All that side, I don’t know…I think Jimi is one sexy dude, and sure, the guitar playing is the main reason, but the voice is pretty good too.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 05:01 PM PDT
          • Bob Marley, on the other hand, puts me to sleep. Jimi couldn’t put me to sleep if he sang lullabies.

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 05:03 PM PDT
          • SUpposedly even Hendrix himself never thought he was a good vocalist. They had to talk him into doing it I believe. He definitely has a cool style and vibe to his vocals just not a whole lot of range like say Robert Plant.

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2012 05:09 PM PDT
          • Fair enough. We shall see! (Fingers crossed!)

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 05:13 PM PDT
    • What a shame that no one is doing “Who Wants to Live Forever”. That has to be Queen’s most beautiful haunting melody ever and I’d love to hear Hollie or Skylar do it. Joshua or Jessica would put too many runs and junk into it and Elise’s voice would make it sound awful (like most of the non-rock things she sings).

Comment by C – April 25, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe they’re saving Who Wants to Live Forever for a group number tomorrow. That, Champions, and maybe Radio Gaga.

Comment by Claudia Costa Chaves – April 25, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe the mystery song is the Joker by the Steve Miller Band? That would be cool!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love your reviews Michael, but I think your love for Skylar is showing a bias in this list.

Comment by bwatt27 – April 25, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually think poor M. Slezak is a little nuts on this one.

Comment by Yo' – April 25, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of all The DMB songs The Stone seems to be a very odd choice

Comment by c freddy – April 25, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My rankings of the top 6:

1. Elise
    2. Phillip
    3. Skylar
    4. Joshua
    5. Hollie
    6. Jessica

Eh, Hollie and Jessica are pretty much tied. The rest of them are in the correct order. Elise is definitely my favorite this season. But Phillip and Skylar are awesome too. It’s a testament to how talented Skylar is that I like her a lot even though I’m not a fan of country.

Comment by Stephen S. – April 25, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good list, I can agree with that! :-D

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good list – I might swap Skylar and Joshua, depending on their individual performances, but that’s pretty much how I see it as well.
      I won’t be able to watch the program until later on DVR. BOO! I’ll be Pacific Time.

Comment by darcy's evil twin – April 25, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m on board with this list!

Comment by MA – April 25, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, guys, we can all agree Uncle Nigel is One Very Lucky Bastard. American Idol is whipping the crap out of The Voice in ratings and the the talent this year is unbelievable. Less talent and an 11-years-old show could go down on ratings very fast. You rock, Nige!

Comment by Claudia Costa Chaves – April 25, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to admit, I like the changes he’s made this year–but there are still many improvements that need to be done—like the voting system. and the judges idiocy. and the song choices—they need to open them up more. and the voting. and the fact that the judges have to do a “Haley treatment” to someone every season. and the voting…….

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • completly agree with your list this week. This season= season 4

Comment by Michal – April 25, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More people like Hollie than Joshua here? The Idology viewership? Geeez, I’m surprised! I may have to do some power-voting tonight.

I’m hoping for a Joshua victory, very different for me cause I’ve wanted a female winner for the past few seasons (Save the Rocker! Bowersox! HALEY!)

Comment by Sean D – April 25, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could deal with a Joshua win—honestly, I’d be happy if Elise, Phillip, Joshua or Skylar win. I can’t pick one favorite out of the 4 of them, which is strange for me because I usually have my one picked during auditions! (Haley, Adam, David Cook, Chris Daughtry—obviously I don’t have much luck with my picks as far as winning goes—but they are mostly all more successful than the winners)

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Woops, I forgot Crystal, too!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t vote because, I’m sort of “meh” about all the contestants. I’m not crticizing their talent so much as saying they just don’t do it for me.

As a long time viewer though, I think Hollie is actually in a position to win it all.

Her singing will have something to do with it of course and she’d need to put her best performances in from this point out as the ones behind wouldn’t justify her winning

But looking at her past performances, her styling improves each week correcting a previous weekness, and her stage nerves kept her from being 100% relaxed, which is also on an upward trajectory.

She has been fairly chaming all along, and I think its very easy for a great percentage of the viewers (even if that isn’t you, think of an average viewer) to really hope the best for the young girl.

There is no question she has a very strong voice even if she needs improvement here and there as a singer in a greater “musician” sense.

Its easy for me to see where she might improve… its easy for me to remember contestants that improved or became more confident as the season went on. … IF she puts in a very good performance tonight and again next week, she stands a huge chance of winning it all as in terms of relation to the greater audience on a charm level, at least a few are struggling.

Comment by Tom22 – April 25, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, as much as I love my 4 contestants, I think it would be awesome if Hollie just came up and took it all. I really like her, even if I don’t think she’s ready for it!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Jessica really came alive tonight with her first performance!

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She did do a great job, although I am with J-Lo as I wish she would have played the rocker part since she did do a rocker song—but I liked how she sang the song, however butchered as it was–it seemed she should have had enough time to sing the second verse and then just do a “nothing really matters” at the end—then the song wouldn’t have seem so cut up. I hate how Idol arranges songs sometimes.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow so they are praising a very average Skylar performance like mad even though Jessica was way better. They love to support their country middle america voting core.

Wow they are so over the top for Skylar good grief.

Good grief.

Jessica was so much better!!

YOu knew they were just setting her up for the finale. Just like last year they want their Nashville Idol.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree—-Skylar ruled that song, I felt every bit of the song, every bit of emotion, Jessica was great but Skylar was even better—to me. I agree with the judges. Since Jessica is their obvious favorite, I doubt they are trying to set up Skylar over Jessica—and I sincerely doubt if the “plan” is to have another country singer.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What? Her voice was so plain on it, it was boring too. Jessica did a million more things with her voice, crazy things, and was actually the more dramatic and exciting one this time.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t really care about runs—I care about how the song is translated and felt and conveyed. Although, Jessica’s runs were HOT, I will admit that—but the emotion that Skylar put through with that song trumped any vocal acrobatics for me.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t know I just didn’t feel the emotion from Skylar on this, all three others so far I felt it more from. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:44 PM PDT
          • Yeah, that’s cool! We all have different ears and different musical ideals :-)

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:45 PM PDT
        • I mean Skylar wsn’t bad but it was whatever where the others all had some degree of special.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Honestly, they ALL sound at their very best tonight, I am so impressed—I hope Phillip and Hollie can keep it going!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:44 PM PDT
      • I think they might want Skylar vs Joshua finale and then Skylar easily winning.
        Of course who really knows.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you kidding me? Jessica the judges favorite? The judges have thrown Jessica under the bus, and are all Team Joshua and Skylar!

Comment by Kate – April 27, 2012 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah. Elise rocked it out!
    Judges gave praise too.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was awesome, I just love Elise!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s funny how everyone’s guesses have been way wrong as to who sings what Queen so far (from what I recall skimming through the posts above).

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not my favorite Philip performance. (Side note: Poor dude can barely move and when he had to dance in intro looked to be in bad pain. Hate to see that.)

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JLo did have a point though, didn’t sound like Dave Matthews at all. Randy had a point too! that is was solid but not at all his best.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I hope he’s not in trouble. I could tell he’s in pain—it is obvious. It was good, and it was great to see him do something upbeat and totally different, but he was flat in areas and he did have a hard time moving. UGH!!!! I hope he’s ok!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say Elise did the best and Jessica and Joshua also in top three group. Then Hollie/Sklar/Phillip.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Other than over praising Skylar I actually couldn’t really disagree with anything the judges said.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Poor Hollie, after that from the judges either she’s gonna be saved by her fans and someone else is going home or she’s gonna go home. I thought it was good, I liked it.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Still think it’s insanity for JLo to declar Skylar winner of that one. Come on. You can at least admit it the one time it’s in Elise’s wheel house. And Joshua seemed better to me and Jessica to, although I guess some (you at least hah) disagree on the latter.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, honestly I would name Elise the winner of this round.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, she just started singing and I’m already crying. Damn. This is the best song she has sang on Idol–I believe her on this one!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Jessica did great on this one (and, IMO, really well on the first, second to only Elise or maybe, maybe Joshua).

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, Jessica finally blew me away! That was beyond awesome (and she just blew Jacob Lusk so far out of the water with that) Wow.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah she has really come into her own this week, just totally!
        I’d love an Elise/Jessica finale, although we know that won’t ever happen on Idol. :(

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked this Skylar less than the first one. Twangy and screamy.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it wasn’t as good as her first song–I love Tattoos on this Town—I love Jason Aldean, I think she did a good version of it but it didn’t blow me away.

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I’m done with idol after last week’s “predictable” exit. I told my wife that was going to happen before the show even started. After reading about the “problem” the producers had with Colton’s frequent references to God, and their pleading for him to tone it down, it was no surprise to me that he was voted off! (or was he VOTED off?)
    I personally believe that America did not vote Colton off!
    Just my personal opinion, but I know a lot of people who had their own doubts before talking to me!

Comment by Dave – April 25, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where did you read about the problem the producers had with his God love? Just curious, I hadn’t heard anything. Unfortunately, I do think he was voted off—many of his Christian followers took a personal offense to him singing Gaga, i saw some of it on Facebook, it’s ridiculous. It’s shame, I think he would have killed during Queen week!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica should win AI Season 11. This girl has the whole package- beautiful voice, exotic looks, youth, charisma and a good fashion sense. Go, go Jessica!

Comment by marie – April 25, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, I would say that the judges are looking to push Joshua into the finish line—double standing O’s for how many weeks now? Having said that WOW I LOVE Joshua!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah as I said i think, a guess obviously but…., TPTB want Skylar+Joshua finale and then an easy Skylar win.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Randy shut up. Elise ROCKED that song—that is the best for me so far!

Comment by Marsaili – April 25, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah he’s just lost it I just do not get the man at all. He’s been the worst judge for sure the past two seasons.

JLo actually seems to have gone back to her original self of the very first couple weeks of last season though, which is good, for the most part.

Comment by FreeHaley – April 25, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post