Ryan Seacrest Inks New Deal With American Idol

It’s official: Ryan Seacrest is sticking with American Idol.

Fox announced Monday that the Emmy-nominated emcee will continue as host of the reality juggernaut.

“For the last 11 seasons, I’ve had the privilege to be a part of one of television’s most iconic shows,” Seacrest said in a statement. “It’s been a wild ride, and I’m excited for my journey with American Idol to continue. The legions of fans, amazingly talented contestants, judges, and producers, along with the hard working Idol crew, impress me every time we go on air and make hosting the show a dream job.”

The network isn’t revealing the length of Seacrest’s new pact, but The Hollywood Reporter puts it at two years.

Are you excited Idol won’t be Seacrest-less for the foreseeable future?

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: American Idol, Contract Talks

1. fiona says:

yay! i love ryan seacrest as the host of idol..

2. No surprise here. The spotty performances by the hosts of other top-shelf singing competitions only serve to highlight what a pro Seacrest is.

3. Not A Dawg! says:

I’m okay with Ryan returning. Now if they would just be kind enough to get rid of Randy “dawg” Jackson, then I might start watching again.

Seriously, the guy has single-handedly made the show unwatchable for me. His opinions are repetitive nonsense, usually with little or no relation to the performance he has just watched. Every time he opens his mouth, I cringe. It’s like watching your dad trying to relate to your friends and failing badly to look even close to cool.

I put up with him last year, despite the fact that he was clearly out of his depth as the ‘senior’ judge and despite his obvious and clear bias towards certain contestants (and against others) but I couldn’t even make it through the auditions this year.

When Randy goes, I’ll maybe watch again. Until then, gimme The Voice any day of the week.

• idolover says:

I actually think the the judging has improved immensely this season. And I find myself agreeing with Randy often. Who knew?

Anyway, back to Ryan! He is a true professional who is a major part of the reason why this show is still on today.

• Marie says:

Unfortunately even though Dawg doesnt make sense, his presence is needed. Casual viewers not I doloonies have to have a feeling of familiarity now that the judges have gone through changes.

• Lee says:

I actually agree with a lot of Randy’s comments too. He was right about Elise singing the Foreigner song off-key. He was also right about Elise getting the vibe of the Marvin Gaye song all wrong. If any judge was to go–I wish it would be JLo. To me, she gives the worst criticism–especially to the women!

• Dave says:

I couldn’t agree with your take more. Fortunately, the show is bigger than any one person, even Seacrest. That’s how I make it through the show, despite the cliche and useless critique the “judges” offer each contestant.

4. Rick says:

He’s the best and makes that show you could replace everyone but him and the show would go on.

5. Laquisha tryunpiolezauses says:

Yay he can continue hosting this show as it continues down its path of unrealistic crappy talentless stupidity. I also am in love with potholders.

6. Gorm says:

One hopes that Ryan sent Steve Jones a massive bouquet of flowers in thanks for laying the foundations of a massive and secure contract with Idol. Ryan’s agent could just queue up 6 youtube clips of ol’ Steve “THANKSGIVING!” Jones rather than waste a minute actually speaking at the negotiating table.

7. jonathon says:

this has been the best season in a long time, they judges may be too nice but they are fun to watch and Ryan is the perfect host. great talent may not always be there but at least for two more years this show will have the best host.

• JC says:

Agreed. Sounds like your a fan. You should checkout the American Idol Aftershow on AfterbuzzTV.com & iTunes. It’s on live Wednesday night at 10 PM Pacific. We’ll tell you what the judges didn’t say.

8. Liz says:

Love him or hate him he is great at what he does. I look forward to him continuing with the show. Now Randy could go and I wouldn’t shed any tears.

9. Danielle H says:

God they must have offered him a ton of money.

• Ty says:

as far as I know, he might be making more than some of the judges, he makes ALOT of money, I think that was one of the reasons Paula was disgruntled. This whippersnapper announcer getting more money than SHE does ??!??!?!?!?!?

10. jr says:

people still watch this show?

11. Lauren says:

@jr Seeing as Idol commentary is one of the main reasons – if not THE reason – why people frequent this site your comment isn’t ironic or clever. At all.

12. Cat says:

Good to hear! Seacrest is really good at what he does, hardly even blinking when he has to kill time or try to get an awkward contestants to talk. He probably should make more than the judges at this point.

13. Ash says:

Are we having Idolatry this week? No?

14. Chris says:

Ryan is a great host overall. I just wish they’d get rid of Randy. I really, really, really do.

15. J says:

IMO, Ryan deserves more money than all of those judges. He keeps the show going, is likable, funny, and is the best at what he does.
    Thank you Idol for realizing Seacrest’s importance to the continuity of this show.