Office Hot Shot: Andy Returns to Work… Kinda

Get More: First Look, Previews

Last Thursday’s The Office found Andy Bernard ditching his role as Dunder Mifflin Regional Manager in favor of, well… that’s TBD. But based on the following spoilery shot from the NBC comedy’s upcoming eighth season finale (airing May 10), it seems the Nard Dog is back in business.

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes — Including The Office!

Per an official description for the season-ender, “Andy returns to Dunder Mifflin as a janitor, harboring a secret plan” — a plan which, showrunner Paul Lieberstein tells TVLine, is centered on James Spader’s increasingly icky Robert California.

Take a peek at the preview pic below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Andy’s new gig.

Tags:

Comments (14)

• He isn’t a very good janitor, if he’s using a mop on a carpeted floor.

Comment by Char – April 23, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahahahah

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 23, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So what do you use when someone spills on the carpet? A towel? No. You use a dry mop to soak it up,

Comment by Nate m – April 23, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and down this show goes….

Comment by corey – April 23, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show just keeps getting stupider and stupider.

Comment by Joe Strummer – April 23, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for the love of god, just get rid of catherine tate, he charact is beyond awful, its killing the show!

Comment by paul – April 23, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I love the office and didn’t mind Nellie as something different in Florida, but the last episode with Robert California allowing her to take over was just crap. I felt sooooooo angry and frustrated. They might need something different, but I don’t think that Nellie is it.

Comment by hw216 – April 23, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I was ok with some of the last few episodes with Catherine Tate, but this last week just pushed me over the edge. Refusing to give Andy his job back? James Spader being ok with it? And giving her the job? It’s just ridiculous. The Office used to portray over-the-top versions of things that could actually happen in an office, which is why it was so funny — you could see little bits of your own workplace in The Office. Now it’s just completely implausible, which I find really frustrating and annoying rather than funny.

Comment by Paige – April 24, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll start watching the show after they get rid of the Nellie character. Her character is killing the show for me. I honestly can say that I haven’t really laughed once with any of the scenes that she is in.

Comment by Randall – April 23, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey look he is using a mop on a carpeted floor that is hilarious and ground breaking stuff….

Comment by ggny – April 23, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh. I used to love this show so much. It is truly sad to see what it has become.

Comment by Ann – April 23, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL i’m totally in, and I still feel the show is still funny.

Comment by KYle – April 23, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Michael leaving would tank the show, but its still pretty funny without him…admited the better days are far behind it.

Comment by Ken – April 23, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still enjoy the show but can’t stand Catherine Tate’s character.

Comment by Bob – April 23, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post