Office Hot Shot: Andy Returns to Work... Kinda

Last Thursday’s The Office found Andy Bernard ditching his role as Dunder Mifflin Regional Manager in favor of, well… that’s TBD. But based on the following spoilery shot from the NBC comedy’s upcoming eighth season finale (airing May 10), it seems the Nard Dog is back in business.

Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 52 Big Finishes — Including The Office!

Per an official description for the season-ender, “Andy returns to Dunder Mifflin as a janitor, harboring a secret plan” — a plan which, showrunner Paul Lieberstein tells TVLine, is centered on James Spader’s increasingly icky Robert California.

Take a peek at the preview pic below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Andy’s new gig.

TAGS:
GET MORE: First Look, Previews

1. Char says:

He isn’t a very good janitor, if he’s using a mop on a carpeted floor.

2. corey says:

and down this show goes….

3. Joe Strummer says:

This show just keeps getting stupider and stupider.

4. paul says:

for the love of god, just get rid of catherine tate, he charact is beyond awful, its killing the show!

• hw216 says:

I agree. I love the office and didn’t mind Nellie as something different in Florida, but the last episode with Robert California allowing her to take over was just crap. I felt sooooooo angry and frustrated. They might need something different, but I don’t think that Nellie is it.

• Paige says:

Agreed. I was ok with some of the last few episodes with Catherine Tate, but this last week just pushed me over the edge. Refusing to give Andy his job back? James Spader being ok with it? And giving her the job? It’s just ridiculous. The Office used to portray over-the-top versions of things that could actually happen in an office, which is why it was so funny — you could see little bits of your own workplace in The Office. Now it’s just completely implausible, which I find really frustrating and annoying rather than funny.

5. Randall says:

I’ll start watching the show after they get rid of the Nellie character. Her character is killing the show for me. I honestly can say that I haven’t really laughed once with any of the scenes that she is in.

6. ggny says:

hey look he is using a mop on a carpeted floor that is hilarious and ground breaking stuff….

7. Ann says:

Sigh. I used to love this show so much. It is truly sad to see what it has become.

8. KYle says:

LOL i’m totally in, and I still feel the show is still funny.

9. Ken says:

I thought Michael leaving would tank the show, but its still pretty funny without him…admited the better days are far behind it.

10. Bob says:

I still enjoy the show but can’t stand Catherine Tate’s character.