TV's Most Divisive Love Triangles: Which Pairings Get Your Vote?

When it comes to TV love triangles, there is no such thing as “in between.” You are either Team Ben or Team Noel. Team Stefan or Team Damon. Team Brandon or Team Dylan. Period.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes

If you doubt it, check any TVLine comments section that veers toward a discussion of Gossip Girl‘s Chuck/Blair and Dan/Blair, and you’ll get all the proof you need. Couch potatoes are as passionate about which couple should be/stick together as Republicans and Democrats are about who should be the next president.

In honor of this phenomenon, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of TV’s Most Divisive Love Triangles, from classic Gilmore Girls and Friends threesomes to current obsessions from The Vampire Diaries and Revenge. We won’t bother to remind you to hit the comments afterward to let us know where your allegiances lie and to chime in with any trios that we snubbed. That would be as silly as Frasier ending up with [insert the name of Diane or Lilith, whichever you didn't favor].

Comments (690)

• Big and Carrie, such a huge SATC fan but kinda’ hated the movies
    Damon and Elena, and I don’t like Vampire love but Ian draws me there
    Chuck and Blair , I tried Dan and Blair and it doesn’t work,sorry
    Ross and Rachel, long time Friends fan

Comment by B.Bridges – April 21, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brenda/Dylan the Brenda/Dylan/Kelly triangle sure was epic. Anyone else remember that moment with Brenda and Kelly by their lockers staring at Dylan, and Dylan watching them and… Yeah, memorable for me.
    Logan/Veronica was my OTP, but that didn’t stop me from enjoying Duncan/Veronica and even Troy/Veronica. Piz/Veronica though… I hated them.
    Buffy/Angel because they were epic and I have a weakness for first loves.
    Fred/Gunn because Wes was annoying that season.
    Peyton/Lucas because they belong together.
    Stefan/Elena because Damon snapped Jeremy’s neck.
    Serena/CARTER because they were epic.
    Kyle/Jessi because their chemistry was intense.

How about Glee though? Klaine vs Seblaine or Klaine vs Kurtofsky? Seblaine and Kurtofsky for me.

Comment by Lila – April 21, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate/Sawyer
    Ross/Rachel
    Carrie/Big
    Lucas/Brooke
    Seth/Summer (obviously as if Anna was even a thing)
    Jeff/Annie
    Pacey/Joey (ALWAYS)
    Lyla/Tim Riggins
    Nate/Serena
    Chuck/Blair
    Alicia alone (both those guys don’t deserve her)
    Casey/Cappie
    Mark/Lexie
    Zoe/Wade
    Robin/Ted
    Dwight/Angela

And the only one I’m not a hundred percent sure on is Daniel/Emily/Jack. Sometimes I want Emily/Jack and sometimes I want Emily/Daniel but I feel like both relationships will never work out.

Also, anyone else want Alicia to have some hotness with Matthew Perry..? Just me??

Comment by Tommy – April 21, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Zoe/wade
    mark/lexi
    big/carrie
    betty/gio
    kelly/dylan

Comment by Laura – April 21, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The couples I love most? That’s easy :)
    1. Chuck + Blair “CHAIR”
    2. Damon + Elena “DELENA”
    3. Robin + Barney <33
    4. Caroline + Tyler "FORWOOD"

Comment by Mimi – April 21, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lucas/Brooke
    Ross/Rachel
    Brenda/Dylan
    Brandon/Kelly
    Joey/Dawson
    Felicity/Noel
    Rory/Jess
    Luke/Lorelai
    Alicia/Will
    Lexie/Mark
    Summer/Seth
    Daniel/Emily

Comment by Sequoyah Collins – April 21, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have preferences for most of these triangles, but I can’t say that I’m extremely biased towards one pairing. For example, right now, I love Jeff and Annie, but I still like Jeff and Britta. I can usually understand the appeal of another couple and more often than not, I switch between couples over the course of the show (Felicity, Beverly Hills with Brandon/Kelly/Dylan, GH and Gossip Girl all come to mind)

Of this list, the only couples I was never on the fence with were Jess and Rory, Joey and Rachel, Pacey and Joey, Spike and Buffy and Veronica and Duncan (or really anyone BESIDES Logan).

Comment by em – April 21, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck & Blair ( my love for that couple is infinite!!!!)
    Damon&Elena
    Eric&Sookie
    Spike&Buffy
    Dean&Rori
    Lorelai&Chris
    Brenda&Dylan
    Ros&Rachel
    Klaus&Caroline
    Cappie&Casey
    Carrie&Aidan
    Pacey&Joey ( though i must admit my absolute favorite were Pacey&Addy)
    Kate&Sawyer
    Lukas&Peyton

Comment by chrys – April 21, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of the ones I actually care about…

Pacey/Joey
    Ben/Felicity – the one I’m most passionate about!!
    Tim/Lyla
    Ross/Rachel
    Jess/Rory
    Luke/Lorelai
    Barney/Robin
    Seth/Summer
    Lucas/Peyton
    Jack/Emily
    Henry/Betty
    Damon/Elena
    Logan/Veronica – Duncan was sooooo boring

I actually am torn on one of these… Dan/Blair/Chuck

Comment by soarin829 – April 21, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tina Artie and Mike Chang??? Where are Quinn/Finn/Rachel…. or Finn/Puck/Rachel/Jesse…. or Terri/Will/Emma (from Glee)…. or Hoyt/Jessica/Jason (from True Blood)…. or the great triangles in Grey’s Anatomy like Meredith/Derek/Addison….. or Karev/ Izzie / George… put out Avery/Lexie/Mark, they are boring

Comment by Fabricio – April 21, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Juliet&Sawyer
    Dwight&Angela
    Brooke&Lucas
    Eric&Sookie
    Damon&Elena

Comment by o – April 21, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great. I’ve had some silly intense discussions with girlfriends over some of these triangles over the years. I think I was most opinionated and invested in Felicity/Noel, Buffy/Spike, Joey/Pacey, and Logan/Veronica. I would get so excited talking about why, who should be with who, that I would start salivating a lot, and my friends would all make fun of me!

Comment by Kbooga – April 21, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Will & Alicia

Comment by Marie – April 21, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair
    Nate and serena
    Damon and Elena

Comment by sara – April 21, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred/Gunn; Apollo/Starbuck; Dylan/Kelly; Spike/Buffy; Jeff/Annie; Pacey/Joey; Tim/Lyla; Jess/Rory; Luke/Lorelai; Will/Alicia; Chuck/Blair; Cappie/Casey; Mark/Lexie; Wade/Zoe; Barney/Robin; Jack/Kate; Sawyer/Juliet; Seth/Summer; Lucas/Brooke; Eric/Sookie; Damon/Elena; Klaus/Caroline; Logan/Veronica.

Comment by beccy – April 21, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A lot of these triangles seem one sided and not much to compare to like the following:

Big & Carrie Aiden was a nice guy but not like Big was.

Chuck & Blair because they are so much better than Blair with Dan. I can’t believe there’s much of a competition.

Friends Ross and Rachel are the same as the “triangle” on Gossipgirl. Joey and Rachel never should have considered dating, they weren’t built to last and were weird.

Veronica and Logan same thing. Duncan was not quite as silly but Pez at the end? What was that. No comparison.

Comment by Harper – April 21, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dylan/Brenda
    Brandon/Kelly
    Felicity/Ben
    Ross/Rachel (I like Rachel and Joey too and it wasn’t really a love triangle anyway)
    Rory/Jess
    Lorelai/Luke
    Blair/Dan
    Zoe/Wade
    Kate/Jack
    Elena/Stefan
    Caroline/Tyler
    Veronica/Logan

Comment by Jelly – April 21, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked both Wes/Fred and Gunn/Fred just fine, but I really hated that they made it a triangle and ruined the Wes/Gunn friendship, they should’ve picked just one pairing and stuck with it, Angel wasn’t really a show that needed a love triangle
    Buffy/Angel
    Dwight/Angela
    Jack/Emily
    Stefan/Elena
    MATT/Caroline
    Duncan/Veronica

Comment by Lindsey – April 21, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buffy – Buffy/Spike (but really, that wasn’t a triangle for 99% of the show, those two relationships happened at different times, Buffy/Spike started way after Buffy/Angel was over. I liked Bangel in seasons 1-3, but later I loved Spuffy a lot more. The only time it became a triangle was for half an episode when Angel was brought for some fanservice in the series finale. Well, and in the comics.)

Veronica Mars – Veronica/Logan

These are the only ones I really ship/love from that list. As for the others:

Angel – Wesley/Lilah (I don’t particularly care about either Fred/Gunn or Fred/Wesley, but the latter was really forced; maybe if they did it better, I’d care)
    BSG – didn’t care who Starbuck ended up with (and thought she was most interesting with Leoben); my ships were Baltar/Six and Tyrol/Boomer
    Lost – Sawyer/Juliet, stopped caring about Kate long time ago
    True Blood – both relationships are messed up, though at least Eric is more interesting than Bill, so I suppose Sookie/Eric because Sookie/Bill is really boring
    Friends – didn’t care
    Felicity – at first Felicity/Noel, but then I stopped caring alltogether
    The Vampire Diaries – meh, the brother/Elena/brother love triangle is tiresome (though I suppose Damon/Elena would at least be new because Stefan/Elena are pretty boring), and I have only seen the first couple of episodes of season 3 so I can’t say anything about Caroline/Klaus (but I did like Caroline/Tyler so far)
    Sex & the City – Carrie/Big (though I wasn’t a shipper and I grew tired of the show anyway)
    The rest – didn’t watch

For those not mentioned – maybe Brian/Angela/Jordan on My So-Called Life? I was all for Brian/Angela, of course (that last scene of the finale was so emotionally loaded)…

Comment by Ivana – April 21, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • However I think there’s only three epic triangles..that were almost setting up wars among the fans :)

Dylan/Brenda/Kelly – the original one, I remember I hated Kelly more than any other character before or after, although I liked her in later seasons and was rooting for her and Brandon

Pacey/Joey/Dawson – unexpected one- when your backup relationship becomes more popular than the original one and totally destroys it. That’s what happened in Dawson’s creek. After Stolen kisses, paintings on the wall, True Love and Winter’s tale..there was nothing left to D/J

Buffy/Angel/Spike

Rachel/Ross
    Tina/Mike
    Nate/Serena
    Blair/Dan
    Casey/Cappie
    Zoe/Wade
    Barney/Robin (Only cause we know Robin isn’t the mother)
    Summer/Seth (They were destined, but man, did Anna have to leave the show?)
    Peyton/Lucas
    Daniel/Emily
    Carrie/Aidan (I never liked Big)
    Eric/Sookie

Jake & Kate
    Casey & Cappie
    Summer & Seth
    Stefan & Elena
    Peyton & Lucas
    Veronica & Logan

Comment by Maruschka van Veen (@de3musketiers03) – April 21, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buffy/Angel
    Ben/Felicity
    Ross/Rachel (obvs)
    Big/Carrie (liked Aiden but it was obvious she wanted Big)
    Sonny/Brenda
    Luke/Lorelai
    Seth/Summer
    Chuck/Blair
    Damon/Elena (OTP)
    Logan/Veronica

Comment by Jess – April 21, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wowza- the best is the quads from Lost! Kate, Sawyer, Juliet, Jack win by a landslide! The rest are also interesting, and nowhere near as compelling as the Lost couplings.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – April 21, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liana I think you’re right Jack,Kate, Juliet, and Sawyer was the one you didn’t know which way things would go. I preferred Kate with Jack but I didn’t know what was going to happen and I ended up like Juliet with Sawyer more. Lost knew how to do that quad.

Felicity was Ben and Felicity
    Gossip Girl is Chuck and Blair
    True Blood is Eric and Sookie

Other than these I don’t have much else to pick from.

Comment by Gabby – April 21, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Team Seth/Summer
    Team Lucas/Peyton
    Team Jack/Emily
    Team Carrie/Big
    Team Eric/Sookie

Comment by tinna – April 21, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wesley/Fred (although, Fred & Gunn were cute together but she and Wes were just meant to be!)
    Dylan/Brenda (Dylan and Kelly were a complete train wreck!)
    Brandon/Kelly (one of the more functional couples on this show…until the lame breakup)
    Spike/Buffy (Nothing against Bangel but Spuffy had amazing chemistry!!)
    Pacey/Joey (Dawson was just so immature and selfish, Dawson & Joey might be the only couple parring out of all of these that I truly hated)
    Ben/Felicity (I do remember liking her and Noel too though…I think in the end, I thought Noel was too good for her)
    Ross/Rachel (Rachel & Joey were cute but, Phoebe said it best about Ross: He’s her lobster)
    Dean/Rory
    Luke/Loreali
    Wade/Zoe (but I do like George too…I guess time will tell – if the show’s not cancelled)
    Barney/Robin
    Lucas/Peyton
    Aidan/Carrie (I felt bad for Aidan. Carrie was just always too screwed up for him!)
    Logan/Veronica (but, hey, Veronica and Duncan were also MEGA cute together and if they had more time as a couple and Duncan had more time on the show, I probably could’ve leaned that way…)

Comment by Justine Thomas – April 21, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Brucas 4L.

Comment by andjuliesaid – April 21, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sonny and brenda
    dawson and joey
    dylan and kelly
    buffy and angel
    veronica and logan
    stefan and elana

Comment by Jessica Dart – April 21, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best trianlge ever: Farscape

Aeryn and Moya/Crichton & Talyn/Crichton. That was really painful but absolut perfect.

Comment by imzadi76 – April 21, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brenda/Dylan all the way! Hated Kelly.

Felicity/Noel for sure. Ben was such a downer.

Joey/Dawson.

Jax/Brenda

Comment by matthew c – April 21, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felicity/Ben
    Buffy/Angel
    Pacey/Joey
    Ross/Rachel
    Rory/Dean
    Luke/Lorelai
    Robin/Ted
    Jake/Kate
    Sawyer/Juliet
    Emily/Jack
    Veronica/Logan (although I wanted to like Veronica/Duncan)

Comment by Beth – April 21, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You missed Rachel/Finn/Quinn

Comment by Annie – April 21, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon and Elena for sure! Their chemistry is off the charts! They sizzle when they are together!

Comment by Susy – April 21, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Best chemistry in tv right now!

Comment by Rania – October 12, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Angela/Dwight
    Carrie/Big
    Betty/Henry
    Elena/Damon
    Caroline/Klaus

Comment by Sims – April 21, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Spuffy, Delena, LoVe, PJo, and Chair.

Chair is my ultimate OTP though!

Comment by Sara – April 21, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually like Stelena and Delena, and I also liked Noel/Felicity and Ben/Felicity. I don’t have that many opinions about most of these love triangles.

I definitely have an opinion about Gossip Girl, though. Dan and Blair are so cute and good for each other, and Chuck/Blair have been so awful for each other for multiple seasons, who could forget him punching the wall next to her head or selling her for his hotel. I think the show has written Chair like obsessive love and Dair like real love, so I hope Dair wins in the end.

Comment by Beth – April 21, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree about Dair. They bring out the best in each other and I can’t wait to see what’s next.

Comment by maddyb – April 21, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Emily/Jack
    Carrie/Aidan
    Sookie/Bill
    Betty/Gio
    Elena/Stefan
    Veronica/Duncan

I have the tendency to choose the unpopular side of the triangle.

Comment by Feky – April 21, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heh, Spike/Buffy is not the unpopular part of the triangle, except with the media. The fandom, however…

Comment by Ivana – April 22, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeff/Britta
    Ross/Rachel
    Rory/Jess
    Dan/Blair
    Peyton/Lucas
    And I still ship Ted/Robin but I think that Barney/Robin is more likely to happen…

Comment by Jenna – April 21, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair (Chuck and Blair is perhaps the most offensive relationship to ever exist in a female centric teen drama, and Dan and Blair is the perfect, adorable antidote to years of angst)
    Pacey and Joey (never has a titular character ever been so annoying)
    Logan and Veronica (poor Duncan never stood a chance)

Comment by kim – April 21, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Veronica & Logan, Rori & Jess of course to me! Welcoming you to the unique video on life goo.gl/HtYmY

Comment by Saif Eye (@thesaifeye) – April 22, 2012 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delena FTW!!!!!!!!!! Please let them happen.

Comment by Maryam – April 22, 2012 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post