TV's Most Divisive Love Triangles: Which Pairings Get Your Vote?

When it comes to TV love triangles, there is no such thing as “in between.” You are either Team Ben or Team Noel. Team Stefan or Team Damon. Team Brandon or Team Dylan. Period.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes

If you doubt it, check any TVLine comments section that veers toward a discussion of Gossip Girl‘s Chuck/Blair and Dan/Blair, and you’ll get all the proof you need. Couch potatoes are as passionate about which couple should be/stick together as Republicans and Democrats are about who should be the next president.

In honor of this phenomenon, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of TV’s Most Divisive Love Triangles, from classic Gilmore Girls and Friends threesomes to current obsessions from The Vampire Diaries and Revenge. We won’t bother to remind you to hit the comments afterward to let us know where your allegiances lie and to chime in with any trios that we snubbed. That would be as silly as Frasier ending up with [insert the name of Diane or Lilith, whichever you didn't favor].

Comments (690)

• Since no one else has commented on it, Starbuck and Apollo.

Comment by Brandon – April 20, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also loved Ross/Rachel Wesley/Fred Angel/Cordelia and Buffy/Angel also a fan of Joey/Dawson Clark/Chloe and Chuck/Sarah!

Comment by Josh – April 20, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haa, it seems that I’m the only one who likes both Chuck and Blair and Dan and Blair, equally. Same goes for Dan/Serena/Nate. I’ve pretty much liked every couple on this show at some point…never seen a cast with so much chemistry! It ain’t right haha.

Comment by Katie – April 20, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least ur happy all the time:)

Comment by Ade – April 20, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Very true! Like, the opposite experience I had with OTH…loved Brooke/Lucas and wouldn’t accept anything else. :(

Comment by Katie – April 20, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Same thing for me with GG,only CB<3 but with TVD,i'm ok with all pairings:)) it's like every pair is built that way,it's good to have shows like this.

Comment by Ade – April 20, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred & Wesley / Angel – But I will admit she was cute with Gunn
    Buffy & Angel / Buffy
    Joey & Pacey / Dawson’s Creek
    Felicity & Noel / Felicity
    Rachel & Ross / Friends – Duh!
    Rory & Dean / Gilmore Girls

• Stefan and Elena
    Bill and Sookie
    Jack and Kate
    Caroline and Tyler
    Angel and Buffy

Comment by Ruby – April 20, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pairings that I prefer from the shows I watch(ed) are…
    Buffy/Angel from “Buffy”
    Jeff/Britta from “Community”
    Pacey/Joey from “Dawson’s Creek”
    Noel/Felicity from “Felicity”
    Ross/Rachel from “Friends” (They were the first couple I ever shipped.)
    Dean/Jess from “Gilmore Girls”
    Mike/Tina from “Glee” (I think Artie was kind of a jerk to Tina while they dated.)
    Barney/Robin from “How I Met Your Mother” (They are my favorite couple of all-time. If they don’t end up together, I don’t think I could ever watch the show again after it ends. I would probably just watch each episode once when it originally airs due to my love for Jason Segel, but I will never watch the show in repeats. I don’t understand people who think Ted/Robin can end up together b/c Future Ted stated on the very first episode of the series that Robin is NOT the Mother, and he refers to her as Aunt Robin to his kids. Barney/Robin at least could end up together in the end.)
    Jack/Juliet and Kate/Sawyer from “Lost”
    Dwight/Angela from “The Office” (I think they are a better couple than Andy/Angela, however, I think Dwight and Angela treated Andy awful. Angela should have never accepted Andy’s proposal if she was in love with Dwight. Andy is my favorite character on the show so I’m more invested in seeing him get a happy ending over Dwight and Angela ending up together. Also I like Andy/Erin better than Dwight/Angela anyways.)
    Stefan/Elena and Caroline/Tyler from “The Vampire Diaries”

Comment by Rachel – April 20, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK/BLAIR<33
    Nate/Serena
    Rachel/Ross
    Barney/Robin
    Summer/Seth
    Lucas/Brooke
    Basically love every TVD pairing;D
    Damon/Elena
    Stefan/Elena
    Caroline/Tyler
    Caroline/Klaus

Comment by NJBC – April 20, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate triangles I always end up hating the girl in the middle. As it is I’m hating Blair right now but I think Chuck has been amazing all season so since he still loves Blair then my list is:
    Chuck and Blair
    Rachel and Ross
    Logan and Veronica
    Angel and Buffy

Comment by Mini – April 20, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck/Blair Team Chuck

Comment by Sarah Lynn – April 20, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM CHUCK AND BLAIR! And Team Delena!
    And from the past Team Sawyer/Kate from Lost!

Comment by Antonia – April 20, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan/Blair <3

Comment by Katherine – April 20, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eric & Sookie
    Chuck & Blair
    Tim & Lyla
    marc & Lexie
    Nate & Serena
    Damon & Elena

Comment by RoXie – April 20, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Triangles are great for driving up comments on a website but I have to wonder if they actually add any viewers. Some of the combos Joey/Rachel and Dan/Blair come to mind were more to do an alternate pairing then something that made sense and really damaged their shows. I also think its something that usually damages the middle character. If they can not decide who to be with why does anyone want them? I hated Lucas for the Brooke/Peyton triangle. Joey was damaged by his love for Rachel. On Gossip Girl their respective triangles have damaged both Serena and Blair to the point where viewers actively hate the show.
    In conclusion the triangle is great for TV website but bad for viewers and shows and usually a sign of no creativity.

Comment by Melly – April 20, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All the awards! I ended up saying a similar thing (not as eloquently I might add) in my comment before I read this.

Comment by Judith – April 20, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, I think I’ll PASS on the ANNOYING requests to LIKE TVLine in Facebook. Especially with all the numerous requests and totally in your face repeats of the same advertisement.

Comment by Gord – April 20, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Dwight & Angela
    Big & Carrie
    Eric & Sookie
    Damon & Elena
    Tyler & Caroline

Comment by Erika – April 20, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Barney doesn’t want kids. He changed his mind in episode 7.12 and was just as thrilled as Robin when she wasn’t pregnant. So he can’t “deserve” something he doesn’t want.

Comment by Amanda – April 20, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously. And something about that statement really sits poorly with me. It’s almost misogynistic?

But most importantly, Barney has always been totally on board to be a cool uncle and only interested in kids because it’s what seems “mature” and part of “settling down.” I guarantee you he would pick Robin over kids without a single look back or regret.

And they will have awesome, super fun time adventures traveling the world together.

Comment by Anna – April 20, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair
    Ross and Rachel
    Noel and Felicity
    Tim and Lyla
    Cappie and Casey
    Damon and Elena
    Tyler and Caroline

Comment by teeting – April 20, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooke and Lucas
    Stefan and Elena
    Chuck and Blair
    Lexie and Jackson
    & even though they are not on your list
    Jason and Sam Morgan from GH!!!!

Comment by Jessica – April 20, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love old school couples. Eden/Cruz FTW!

Other teams:
    Dylan/Brenda (Kelly? Please)
    Buffy/Angel
    Rachel/Ross (The Joey stuff barely counted)
    Christopher/Lorelai
    Dan/Blair
    Ted/Robin
    Jack/Juliet AND Sawyer/Juliet
    Bill/Sookie
    Betty/Gio (only because Daniel isn’t an option)

Comment by nich – April 20, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM DELENA !!

Comment by Hannah – April 20, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelly/Dylan
    Pacey/Joey
    Ben/Felicity
    Tim/Lyla
    Rachel/Ross
    BRENDA/SONNY (fave TV couple ever)
    Alicia/Will
    Jackson/Lexie
    Zoe/Wade
    Jack/Kate
    Sawyer/Juliet
    Summer/Seth
    Jack/Emily
    Big/Carrie
    Henry/Betty
    Logan/Veronica

And its a toss up/depends on the day/episode/mood:
    Chair/Dair
    Delena/Stelena
    Leyton/Brucas

Comment by Shari – April 20, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe/Geogre, Dawson/Joey, Luke/loreLai,Seth/summer,Carrie/Aidan,Lucas/Peyton,.I like Blai with both Dan &Chuck, I like Elena with both Stefan and Damon(I think both guys have chemistry with the girl and brings out a different side of her. My other fave tv couples are Liam/Annie on 90210, Sabrina/Harvey on Sabrina teenage witch.

Comment by Brandy – April 20, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK AND BLAIR ALL THE WAY!!!!

Comment by gg – April 20, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • some of these made me lol…

Comment by Jess – April 20, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In order of how much I care:
    Chuck/Blair
    Ross/Rachel
    Carrie/Big
    Seth/Summer
    Dylan/Brenda
    Sonna/Brenda (although it’s been like 15 years since I watched GH, haha)
    Dwight/Angela (more for hilarity than “shipping”)

Comment by Maria (@maribells01) – April 20, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Chuck and Blair, no question. Dan makes me yawn.

I am actually somewhat conflicted about TVD. I love Stelena, but I would really like to see Delena get a shot too.

Pacey and Joey, of course.

Ben and Felicity.

Sonny and Brenda.

Comment by Amanda – April 20, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair over any of them. DB is just a sucky image on screen.
    When will we get Chuck and Blair loveeeeee i only want them <3

Comment by Diane – April 20, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooke & Lucas
    Ross & Rachel
    Damon & Elena
    Brenda & Jax

Comment by Susie – April 20, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair – Gossip Girl always and forever. Fell in love with these two at first sight.

Comment by Crystal – April 20, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me:

Eric/Sookie
    Damon/Elena
    Carrie/Big
    Caroline/Klaus

Comment by Tv Fan – April 20, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of the ones I care about
    Fred/Wesley
    Starbuck/Apollo
    neither Spike or Angel for Buffy
    Britta/Annie. Not possible? Fine then Annie/Jeff.
    Tina/Artie
    Robin/Barney only because we’ve known she’s not the mother since episode one
    Angela/Dwight since Erin/Andy work well together
    Betty/Henry

Buffy and Angel
    Pacey and Joey
    Emily and Daniel

Comment by Carrie – April 20, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luke/lorelei
    Dean/Rory
    Ross/Rachel (come on…did Joey ever stand a chance? I mean Ross is her lobster.
    Dylan/Brenda ( only because I think Kelly belonged with Brandon)
    Brandon/Kelly
    Jack/Kate
    Sawyer/Juliet
    Jack/Emily
    Chuck/Blair
    Dan/Serena
    Barney/Robin
    Dawson/Joey (probably the only legit love triangle on the list where viewers opinions split evenly)

Comment by Mel v. – April 20, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And of course
      Starbuck/Apollo
      Lucas/Peyton

Can’t leave out these

Comment by Mel v. – April 20, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM CHAIR FTW!!!!

I have shipped them since 1 and I will ship them even when the show is over!!!

Comment by 4everchair – April 20, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i feel exactly the same, i do not get or will ever get why safran but dan and blair together

Comment by Spuffy4Life – April 20, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike & Buffy (sooo much chemistry) + Chuck and Blair
    gotta love the antiheroes <3

Comment by Spuffy4Life – April 20, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not mentioned, that I like…

Chuck / Sarah / Bryce–from Chuck
    Morgan/ Alex / Catrina (Cat Squad!)–from Chuck
    Logan / Max / Alec–Dark Angel
    Michael / Nikita / Jurgen–La Femme Nikita
    Peter / Olivia / Bolivia or Alt Olivia or whatever you want to call her–From Fringe

Comment by Thank God it's Friday – April 20, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My list:
    Angel: Fred/Wesley
    BSG: Starbuck is awesome – I don’t care who she dates
    Beverly Hills 90210: Never liked the Kelly ships – I’m team Brandon/Andrea and Brenda/Dylan all the way!
    Buffy: Buffy/Angel – my first love!
    Dawson’s Creek: Joey/Pacey
    Friends: Rachel/Joey (please go somewhere far, far away, Ross)
    Gilmore Girls: Rory/Jess was the only Rory pairing I cared about even the slightest
    Gilmore Girls: Luke/Lorelai (there are no words for the hatred I carry towards the C-word)
    Veronica Mars: Veronica’s awesome, but her taste in boyfriends leaves a little to be desired…

The other shows – don’t watch or I don’t care!

Comment by Guro B (@themisskitten) – April 20, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I think of love triangles the one that immediately comes to mind is always Brooke/Lucas/Peyton from One Tree Hill. People were crazy about that triangle! For 6 years fans fought hardcore about whether Lucas was really in love with Brooke or if Peyton actually deserved to be with Lucas. Even after Lucas/Peyton left people still fought about it. I was always Team Brooke myself but Lucas never really appreciated how amazing she was.

Comment by dude – April 20, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brandon/Kelly (90210)
    Buffy/Angel (Buffy)
    Joey/Dawson (Dawson’s Creek)
    Tim/Lyla (Friday Night Lights)
    Ross/Rachel (Friends)
    Dan/Serena (Gossip Girl)
    Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)
    Cappie/Casey (Greek)
    Mark/Lexie (Grey’s Anatomy)
    Brooke/Lucas (One Tree Hill)
    Daniel/Emily (Revenge)
    Bill/Sookie (True Blood)
    Stefan/Elena (The Vampire Diaries)
    Veronica/Duncan (Veronica Mars)

• Starbuck/Apollo
    Spike/Buffy
    Carrie/Big
    Kate/Jack
    Rachel/Ross

Comment by scifishipper – April 20, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred/Gunn (Loved that she called him Charles)
    Spike/Buffy
    Jeff/Annie (Britta was so season 1!!)
    Dean/Rory
    Loreli/Christopher
    Lexie/Mark
    Jack/Kate Juliet/Sawyer
    Summer/Seth
    Dwight/Angela
    Peyton/Lucas
    Eric/Sookie
    Damon/Elena
    Caroline/Klaus

Comment by Nicole – April 20, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck/Blair (Dair can never compete)
    Angel/Cordelia (Buffy and Angel were too tragic and annoying)
    Spike/Buffy (OTP)

Brenda/Sonny
    Carly (TB)/Sonny
    Carly Snyder/Jack Snyder
    Lucy/Alan-Michael
    Brooke/Lucas
    Buffy/Angel & Spike/Angel & Spike/Dru
    Spike/Fred (wanted them to happen)
    Brandon/Kelly
    Ben/Felicity
    Stefan/Damon
    Stefan/Elena
    Klaus/Caroline (I want it bad but will take Forwood)
    Sookie/Eric (but no more puppy dog Eric…it was cute but got old. If she loves it it has to be for who he is)
    Barney/Robin
    Emily/Daniel
    Fitz/Liv (new ship)
    Juliet/Sawyer (Kate drove me nuts wth the back and forth but I was satisfied with her and jack…happy even)
    Sydney/Vaugh
    Bobby/Pam (Dallas 1.0)
    Sue Ellen/Jr Ewing
    Mack/Karen (knots and my first ship)
    Nikki/Victor
    Ryan/Victoria
    Cricket/Danny romalotti
    Gus/Harley

Comment by Cort – April 20, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops more

Mark/lexie
      Merder
      Big/Carrie
      Seth/Summer

Comment by Cort – April 20, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Damon

Comment by Sarinha – April 20, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team SPUFFY!!!! Chair and Delena!!!!!

Comment by Josie – April 20, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Logan! And I’m talking Veronica Mars, and Gilmore Girls (How was Logan snubbed, he totaly won me over against the second time Rory was with Dean)

Comment by Drawn – April 20, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was upset that Logan was snubbed. I put him anyway, because Logan was the guy I liked best with Rory.

Comment by Jill – April 20, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE triangles! The majority of the time they are poorly done and are totally unrealistic. If a show is focused around a triangle, I generally turn out.
    That said three of my (very short list of) OTPs are in that list:
    Logan/Veronica