TV's Most Divisive Love Triangles: Which Pairings Get Your Vote?

When it comes to TV love triangles, there is no such thing as “in between.” You are either Team Ben or Team Noel. Team Stefan or Team Damon. Team Brandon or Team Dylan. Period.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes

If you doubt it, check any TVLine comments section that veers toward a discussion of Gossip Girl‘s Chuck/Blair and Dan/Blair, and you’ll get all the proof you need. Couch potatoes are as passionate about which couple should be/stick together as Republicans and Democrats are about who should be the next president.

In honor of this phenomenon, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of TV’s Most Divisive Love Triangles, from classic Gilmore Girls and Friends threesomes to current obsessions from The Vampire Diaries and Revenge. We won’t bother to remind you to hit the comments afterward to let us know where your allegiances lie and to chime in with any trios that we snubbed. That would be as silly as Frasier ending up with [insert the name of Diane or Lilith, whichever you didn't favor].

Comments (690)

• 26:6 is the ratio this list has of one girl and two guys love triangle to one guy and two girls love triangle not counting the Lost crew.

Jesus christ, a lot of these shows just need to add in another female to equalize these things.

Comment by Kalee – April 20, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One that was missed that is 2 girls 1 guy is Everwood – Amy/Ephram/Madison – I was team Amy all the way but I know a lot of people preferred Madison!

Comment by Rachel Addleman (@raddleman08) – April 20, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I start by saying that there’s nothing worse for a show than to resort to a love triangle just because the writers have run out of ideas? I don’t believe in triangles and I hate them with passion not to mention it makes the characters look awful. Especially if a triangle includes Elena who I desperately want Damon and Stefan to reject so they can ride into the sunset together like the amazing brothers they are. Anyways…

Pacey/Joey – Dawson’s Creek
    Big/Carrie – SATC
    Chuck/Blair- Gossip Girl
    Barney/Robin -HIMYM
    Jeff/Annie – Community
    Emily/Daniel – Revenge

Comment by Joanna – April 20, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, how can you not love LoVe (Logan/Veronica)???! They’re “epic,” after all! ;-)
    As for other pairings…
    –Jess over Dean a million times over (Gilmore Girls)
    –Team Luke/Lorelai all the way (GG)
    –Lucas + Peyton (OTH)
    –Zoe + Wade (HOD)
    –Will + Alicia (TGW)
    –Jack + Emily (Revenge)

Comment by mcgrathmag – April 20, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree w/ all ur picks especially Wade/Zoe

Comment by LuvWadeZoe – April 21, 2012 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto. Zade ftw.

Comment by APurcel314 – April 22, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • leyton-OTH
    delena and klaroline (as awesome as forwood is…)-TVD
    jacey-DC

Big/Carrie
    Eric/Sookie
    Stefan/Elena
    Caroline/Tyler

FYI: You forgot Veronica Mars, The Secret Circle & Smallville

Comment by qeee – April 20, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s funny how the majority of these triangles are one girl and two guys!

ross/rachel
    jeff/annie
    ted/robin
    carrie/aidan
    dan/blair
    elena and MATT ;)

Comment by isabel – April 20, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Favorite love triangle ever!!!!!!! Noel/Felicity/Ben. In 1998, I was sure that Ben was the one. I re-watched the series ten years later as a more mature adult with life experience and I see the error of my ways…Noel and Felicity were perfect together.
    I might also give a shout out to Duncan/Veronica/Logan. The Duncan/Veronica story was super sweet, but Jason Dohring was just so fabulous as Logan that it didn’t take me long to forget Duncan either.

Comment by Jaime – April 20, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter/Olivia/Fauxlivia
    Booth/Brennan/Hannah

How could you not have these?!

Comment by BonesFringeFan – April 20, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But does it count as a triangle when the man doesn’t know that there’s another woman? Questions you only have to ask on Fringe. I love it.

Comment by Alice – April 20, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Jackson/Lexie
    Wade/Zoe
    Seth/Summer
    Jack/Emily
    Aidan/Carrie
    Eric/Sookie
    Stefan/Elena (today, I go back and forth)
    Matt/Caroline

Elena and Damon
    Caroline and Klaus
    Logan and Veronica

Comment by Leslie – April 20, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena and Damon-TVD

Comment by Elena Petrova – April 20, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Annie (Community), Luke (GG), Jess (GG), Ben (Felicity), Pacey (DC), Will (GW), Dan (Blair), Cappie (Greek), Jackson (GA), Wade (Dixie), Peyton (OTH), Aidan (SATC), Eric (TB), Logan (VM)… Boy do I have a lot of opinions on these subjects. Though Pacey, Annie, Logan and Wade seem like the most important to me

Comment by Karen – April 20, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woe, I think the number of Dair fans has really grown… I prefer Chuck/Blair, but I guess I enjoy both pairings. But Serena HAS to be with Nate! :)

Comment by Amy – April 20, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Zoe and Wade
    Carrie and Aidan
    Henry and Betty
    Caroline and Klaus
    Logan and Veronica

Comment by Halena – April 20, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barney and robin forever!!=-)

Comment by Marie – April 20, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rory/Jess
    Pacey/Joey
    Lexie/Mark
    Ben/Felicity
    Ross/Rachel
    all the way!

Comment by Lola – April 20, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • was there anyone rooting for evan and casey? team cappie all the way!!

Comment by maf23 – April 20, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair
    Jack and Kate
    Apollo and Starbuck
    Pacey and Joey
    Seth and Summer
    Logan and Veronica
    Sonny and Brenda
    Dylan and Brenda
    Brandon and Kelly
    Ross and Rachel

Comment by Tara – April 20, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okey, here we go!

Damon/Elena (If it doesn’t happen soon, and I’m talking about a real commitment, I will go all Yellowstone supervolcano!)
    Wesley/Fred
    Dylan/Brenda
    Ridge/Taylor
    Spike/Buffy (In my heart they were always the endgame.)
    Dawson/Joey (Actually mistyped it as Hoey at first…oops!)
    Ben/Felicity
    Rachel/Ross
    Rory/Dean (then Logan came along and I was like “Dean and Jess who?”).
    Luke/Lorelai
    Tina/Mike
    Nate/Serena
    Chuck/Blair
    Casey/Evan? (I know, right! But I can’t help it! I already had a crush on Jake McDorman since before Greek started and so I was blinded by that. Also, I kind of liked Cappie and Rebecca together…)
    Lexie/Mark
    Barney/Robin
    Kate/Sawyer
    Seth/Summer
    Brooke/Lucas
    Carrie/Aidan
    Eric/Sookie (Gotta support the hot viking!)
    Betty/Gio (They were so cute together!)
    Klaus/Caroline

Just realized that I may need to get a life…haha :)

Comment by Ella – April 20, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate and Jack- Lost
    Chuck and Blair- GG
    Angel and Buffy- Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment by Meg – April 20, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buffy/Angel, Wesley/Fred, JAX/Brenda, Felicity/Ben, Brandon/Kelly, Dylan/Brenda, Joey/Pacey

Comment by K – April 20, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wowza! This is an awesome list.

Luke/Lorelai
    Rory and Jess
    Felicity and Noel
    Kate and Jack
    Juliet and Sawyer
    Elena and Damon
    Caroline and Klaus ( I know this is not the popular vote, I just like those two together.)
    Eric and Sookie
    Buffy and Spike
    Emily and Jack
    Big and Carrie
    Zoe and Wade
    Lexie and Mark

Comment by Sue – April 20, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww, I love that Betty and Gio are on here. I miss Gio. Thought he was way better for Betty than Henry or Daniel. And I am sad CHAOS did not get picked up for a second season because Freddy Rodriguez actor is adorable. As was the Scottish guy on that show.

Comment by Alice – April 20, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rory/Dean
    Luke/ Lorelei
    Veronica/Logan
    Lucas/ Peyton (All the way)
    Angel/Buffy
    Mark/Lexie
    Ross/Rachel
    Tina/Mike
    Alicia/Will
    Dan/Serena
    Chuck/Blair
    Summer/ Seth (That isn’t even the main one my mind goes too, Alex/Marissa/Ryan or Marissa/Ryan/Taylor)

Ones that you forgot!

Addison/Derek/Meredith
    Denny/Izzie/Alex
    Izzie/George/Callie
    Sheldon/Violet/Pete
    Lex/Clark/Lana
    Chloe/Clark/Lana
    Hanna/Booth/Brennan
    Quinn/Finn/Rachel (obvious choice is Quinn/Rachel)
    Dean/Rory/Logan

Comment by Alicia L. – April 20, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friday Night Lights: Team Tim or Team Jason.

Comment by bad kevin – April 20, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Nate and Serena
    Dylan and Brenda
    Seth and Summer
    Wesley and Fred

Comment by Zara – April 20, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena&Damon
    Tyler/Caroline/Klaus (I could never choose!)
    Veronica&Logan

Tim/Lyla
    Ross/Rachel
    Sonny/Brenda
    Rory/Jess…what now Jess/Rory/Logan?
    Luke/Lorelei ALL THE WAY
    Mark/Lexie
    Zoe/Wade if he can get his act together
    Robin/Barney

Kelly/Brandon over Dylan…who was better with Brenda – Bev 90210
    Spike/Buffy over Angle…just liked him better – Buffy
    Jeff/Annie —Its just better chemistry – Community
    Jess/Rory over Dean (He’s better as Sam anyways) -Gilmore Girls
    Luke/Lorelai – Chris stunk from S1 and never got better – Gilmore Girls
    Casey/Cappie- Greek
    Summer/Seth – Liked Anna, but come on, they were the couple in the series -.O.C.
    Logan/Veronica -Duncan was ok, no where near as interesting as Logan – Veronica Mars

Others not on list:
    Chloe/Clark/Lana and later Lois on Smallville – Can I just say I got to the point of actively rooting for Lana to die as I was that annoyed with her character

Can you count Shippers vs nonromance then I’ll go Tiva/no romance – NCIS – BTW if done correct I’m team Tiva

Olivia/Peter/FauxOlivia -Fringe -is it weird I liked over there Oliva better?

Comment by Tony – April 20, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nope, i like Faulivia better, too! and i loved her with alt-lincoln :(. agreed with your entire list, and i’ll barney/robin and dan/blair.

Comment by Anna – April 20, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck/Blair, Ross/Rachel, Pacey/Joey, Dylan/Brenda, Big/Carrie

Comment by Marissa (@_mar_issa) – April 20, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben/Felicity

Dan/Serena
    Tayler/Caroline
    Juliet/Sawyer

Comment by Jeniffer – April 20, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bill and Sookie
    Sonny and Brenda
    The Professor and Mary Anne :-)

Comment by Claire – April 20, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair (Gossip Girl)
    Riggins and Lyla (Friday night lights)
    Jack and Kate (Lost)
    Damon and Elena (The Vampire Diaries)
    Robin and Barney (HIMYM)

Comment by Chloé – April 20, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • - spike & Buffy
    - Annie & Jeff
    - Pacey & Joey
    - Tim & Lyla
    - Rory & Jess
    - Luke & Lorelai
    - Serena & Nate
    - Chuck & Blair
    - Tyler & Caroline

Comment by Zari – April 20, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buffy/Angel – I couldn’t stand Angel with Cordelia or Buffy with Spike
    Dylan/Brenda – I stopped watching when Brenda left
    Sonny/Brenda – Although currently, I’d say Sam and Jason!!
    Mark/Lexie
    Brooke/Lucas – Peyton was probably my least favorite character
    Big/Carrie – No one else ever came close
    Stefan/Elena
    Eric/Sookie – Bill is boring!!

Comment by C.C. – April 20, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAN AND BLAIR!!!!!!! Best think on GG, just so sweet!!!

Brenda/Dylan
    Pacey/Joey

Comment by Star – April 20, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the idea of capitalizing my choices, so here goes…

BRITTA/JEFF/annie

• Klaus and Caroline.
    Peyton and Lucas
    Chuck and Blair
    Damon and Elena
    Cappie and Casey :)

Comment by Mel – April 20, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Wesley &Fred (Angel)
    2. Buffy &Angel (difficult one) (Buffy)
    3. Jeff & Annie (community) best show on earth
    4. Joey & Pacey (Dawson’s Creek)
    5. Felicity & Ben (difficult one) Felicity
    6. Lyla & Jason (FNL)
    7. Rachel & Ross (ridiculously easy)
    8. Rory & Jess (Gilmore Girls)
    9. Lorelai & Christopher (Gilmore Girls)
    10. Tina & Mike (Glee) I hate this show though
    11. Alicia & Will (The Good Wife)
    12. Nate & Serena (because she is bad for Dan) GG
    13. Blair &Dan &Chuck (GG) I can’t decide I love her with both but I guess Dan is better for her and he is the more mature durable relationship. (toughest one yet)
    14. Casey & Evan (Greek)
    15. Jackson & Lexi (Grey’s Anatomy)
    16. Zoe & Wade (Hart of Dixie)
    17. Robin & Barney (HIMYM)
    18. Kate & Sawyer, Jack & Juliet (Lost)
    19. Summer & Seth (The O.C)
    20. Dwight & Angela (the office)
    21. Lucas & Brooke (OTH)
    22. Emily & Jack (revenge)
    23. Betty & Gio (ugly betty)
    24. Elena & Damon TVD
    25. Caroline & Klaus (I know he is evil but I don’t care) TVD
    26. Veronica & Logan (easy as pie)

Comment by lonestarjrs – April 20, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Sookie with ALCIDE? That’s my preference.

Stefan/Elena, Jeff/Annie, and Dan/Blair right now!!

Comment by Anna – April 20, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW, just realized I’ve invested more time in TV relationships than real ones :) Here’s my list!!

-Starbuck & Anders (Apollo was too complicated)
    -Ben & Felicity (I know he was a dick, but still)
    -Rachel & Ross (before it got annoying)
    -RORY & JESS (I’m still mad about this one!!)
    -Lorelai & Luke (she just really wasn’t into Chris)
    -Tina & Mike (I guess, was never aware there was much of a triangle there)
    -Nate & Serena (at this point)
    -Blair & Dan (Don’t crucify me please; I just love how cute and smart they are together)
    -Robin (just Robin, she’s too independent to be with either Barney or Ted)
    -Sawyer & Kate/ Jack & Juliet (In true unconventional fashion, Lost needed to have a love square! Lol)
    -LUCAS & BROOKE!! (still mad about this one too!)
    -Daniel/Emily/Jack (i’m still not sure, I change my mind every week)
    -Betty & Gio (I always loved them together, but what about Daniel??)
    -VERONICA & LOGAN (best couple ever!! seriously who even cared about Duncan??)

Comment by Gwin – April 20, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • aww, you won’t be crucified, a lot of people LOVE dan and blair. just as much fans for them as for chuck and blair, really.

also i agree about revenge…i always switch sides on the triangle! guess i like both!

Comment by lola – April 20, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Robin actually WANTS a relationship! Why is being an independent woman and having a life partner necessarily mutually exclusive?

(Sorry, I’m a bit of an evangelical BrOTP shipper. Carry on.)

Comment by Anna – April 20, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tyler/Caroline (Klaus who?)
    Penny/Leonard
    John/Aeryn (Farscape)
    Jack/Allison (Eureka)
    Buffy/Angel

Comment by Elodie (@ripleyaeryn_) – April 20, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK AND BLAIR FOREVAA!! THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE LOVE ON GG. YOU BAN FANS BETTER PREPARE TO CRY. HAHAHA NO ONE LIKES BLAIR WITH THE MUPPET. EVEN THO BLAIR SUX RIGHT NOW, CHUCK IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN FIX HER. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES, THE CHAIR FACTORY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU

Comment by CF – April 20, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Christ, give it a rest, Dair fans. No one’s buying that garbage.

Comment by Maria – April 20, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL DAIRS THE GARBAGE, SORRY BAN FAN.

Comment by CF – April 20, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Soooo this comments’ section was relatively peaceful/respectful until this happened. Ughh, leave it to Gossip Girl to have the most annoying fans. And what the heck is chair factory?

Comment by Katie – April 20, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A pretend pro-Chair organization that basically describes itself like a terrorist sleeper cell. It was invented in an attempt to smear the opposing fanbase, by a middle-aged man who lives in his mother’s basement and spends his time posting disturbingly in-depth analyses of Penn Badgley’s chest hair on the internet. Sadly, not a single word of that is exaggerated. God, this fandom gives me serious second-hand embarrassment sometimes…

Comment by Maria – April 20, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I feel really sorry for people who have to deal with insanity like this in their fandoms. That sounds horrifying.

Comment by Angela – April 21, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh my. Thanks for explaining. That is hilarious and pathetically sad at the same time.

Comment by APurcel314 – April 22, 2012 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck/Blair
    Damon/Elena
    Jeff/Annie
    Barney/Robin
    Ross/Rachel
    Tyler/Caroline

Comment by Jeniffer – April 20, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair
    Damon and Elena
    Ross and Rachel
    Big and Carrie

Comment by Nugget (@ourlittlenugget) – April 20, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon and Elena because they’re one of the most complex and powerful couples I’ve ever witnessed. Every other couple pales in comparison to those two.
    Also, there’s nothing quite as beautiful as the way Damon loves Elena. Damon, in being flawed, is one of the best characters I’ve ever watched. All the awards for Damon Salvatore – and the man who plays him.

Comment by Annie – April 20, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post