TV's Most Divisive Love Triangles: Which Pairings Get Your Vote?

When it comes to TV love triangles, there is no such thing as “in between.” You are either Team Ben or Team Noel. Team Stefan or Team Damon. Team Brandon or Team Dylan. Period.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes

If you doubt it, check any TVLine comments section that veers toward a discussion of Gossip Girl‘s Chuck/Blair and Dan/Blair, and you’ll get all the proof you need. Couch potatoes are as passionate about which couple should be/stick together as Republicans and Democrats are about who should be the next president.

In honor of this phenomenon, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of TV’s Most Divisive Love Triangles, from classic Gilmore Girls and Friends threesomes to current obsessions from The Vampire Diaries and Revenge. We won’t bother to remind you to hit the comments afterward to let us know where your allegiances lie and to chime in with any trios that we snubbed. That would be as silly as Frasier ending up with [insert the name of Diane or Lilith, whichever you didn't favor].

Comments (690)

• No cartoon references but I HEART the Santa Barbara one.

Comment by Julia – April 20, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wasn’t that an AMAZING storyline? One of the best ever in the history of soaps.

Comment by Dee – April 20, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG – how could I not comment on the Lost quadrangle?!

KATE AND SAWYER forever!

Comment by Cynthia – April 20, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you! Hard to get past this on the finale.

Comment by Breeze – April 21, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • George/ZOE/WADE
    PACEY/JOEY/dawson
    Dean/RORY/JESS
    LUKE/LORELAI/Chris
    CHUCK/BLAIR/Dan
    Evan/CASEY/CAPPIE
    SUMMER/SETH/Anna

Clearly the names in all caps are my favorite couple out of the triangle!

Comment by Ali – April 20, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair
    Damon and Elena
    Finn and Rachel
    Pacey and Joey

I hate love triangles overall.

Comment by JLove – April 20, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too I hate them ..but I loved your list <3

Comment by dtse – April 22, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Chuck & Blair waiting for them to reunite. He is the love of her life.

Comment by JStepbach – April 20, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apollo/Starbuck, Kelly/Dylan, Spike/Buffy, Delena, Skate, Alicia/Will, Chair, Zoe/Wade

Comment by aidagda – April 20, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with ALL. These are all win.

Comment by APurcel314 – April 22, 2012 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • <33

Comment by dtse – April 22, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Westley/Fred-Angel
    Taylor Ridge-B&B
    Spike/Buffy-Buffy (as I like Angel w/ Cordelia)
    Joey/Dawson-Dawson’s Creek
    Rachel/Ross-Friends
    Tina/Mike-Glee
    Nate/Serena-Gossip Girl
    Blair/Dan!!!-Gossip Girl
    Robin/Ted-HIMYM
    Jack/Kate & Sawyer/Juliet-Lost
    Sookie/Bill-TrueBlood
    Henry/Betty-Ugly Betty
    Elena/Damon-TVD

Comment by Anissa – April 20, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred/Wesley and Joey/Pacey hands down…Robin/Barney (I’d actually consider watching HIMYM again just to see them back together)…Dylan/Kelly.

Peyton/Lucas, although I did also like him with Brooke, and Buffy/Spike, even though I also like Buffy/Angel (and, ::gasp:: Buffy/Riley, for that matter. ;)) Basically, I liked Buffy with everyone except the evil Parker.

Comment by shel – April 20, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and thkfully lucas ended up with peyton <3

Comment by hannah – April 20, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Summer/Seth/Anna? I’ve never heard of anyone rooting for Seth/Anna. I didn’t dislike them but I thought basically everyone wanted SS. They were perfect!

Also Dair is wayyy better than Chair. The battles over this triangle are the worst I’ve seen since Leyton vs Brucas, though! It’s kinda stressful lol.

Comment by Kaitlyn – April 20, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was a seth and anna fan and rooted for them till the end of oc. I always thought they should of kept anna around instead of bringing on that alex girl. But i think they missed taylor/ryan/marissa (even though marissa died off fans were still split between the two)

Comment by ashley – April 28, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Team Daniel also for Revenge!

Comment by Ali – April 20, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and how could I forget… Probably one of the only Serena/Nate fans left :(

Comment by Ali – April 20, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NO WAY! There’s a lot of remaining. Nate/Serena is still — and always will be — my favorite couple on the show! :)

Comment by Angela – April 20, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too. I have been on team Nate since the very first episode.

Comment by Ange – April 21, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Call me old, call me romantic, but… Cruz & Eden forever!!!

Comment by Timmy Bauer – April 20, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a furniture lover 100%, so of course I choose Chuck and Blair!

And, heck yes, Logan & Veronica! Ross & Rachel! Luke & Lorelai! Lucas & Peyton! All the greats.

Comment by Jeannette – April 20, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luke and Lorelai
    Logan and Veronica
    Jack and Emily
    Chuck and Blair
    Tyler and Caroline
    Jeff and Annie
    Ross and Rachel

Comment by katie – April 20, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair! Always!!! <3

Comment by Tina – April 20, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh I was totally team Cruz & Eden back in the day! I loved seeing them on this list so much, it made my day.

Comment by Christine (@christine_9774) – April 20, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dylan and Brenda
    Pacey and Joey
    Chuck and Blair
    SONNY AND BRENDA :)

Hilarious that these couples are part of the triangle article, since all four of them are my absolute favorite couples of all time!

Comment by Jackie – April 20, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh i almost forgot Eric and Sookie!!

Comment by athena606 – April 20, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelly & Dylan!
    Taylor & Ridge!
    Joey & Pacey!
    Ben & Felicity!! (yeah!!! I hated Noel!)
    Jess & Rory!! (they were AWESOME!)
    Luke & Lorelai!!! (though I used to LOVE Chris)
    Will & Alicia! (<3)
    Mark & Lexie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Shonda, PLEASEEEE!!)
    Barney & Robin!!!!!!
    Jake-Kate & Sawyer-Juliet!!!! <3 <3
    Anna & Summers (XDDD. No, I'm joking, Seth & Summers = Seth & Anna… I loved them both!!)
    Brooke & Lucas!!!!!! (LOVED them together… Though in season 6 I become Brucas & Leyton! :D)
    Big & Carrie!
    Daniel & Betty (come on!!! They were PERFECT together!!! Between Gio & Henry, I'd say Henry!!)
    Logan & Veronica (LoVe, always… Movie, pleaseeeee!!)

Comment by albtrex – April 20, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred/Wesley. Even Illyria recognized it.
    Buffy/Spike. Angel was always meant for Cordelia.
    Jeff/Britta. I love Annie, but I think this week she started outgrowing him, and Jeff and Britta kind of deserve each other.
    Rory/Jess (though part of me was always holding up for Marty)
    Lorelei/Christopher. I could go either way with this, but by the end, Luke came with April, and April was terrible.
    Alicia/Peter. Alicia’s affair with Will was, far and away, the worst thing to happen to the show.
    Jack/Kate and Juliet/Sawyer obviously worked, so good for the producers wrapping it up that way.
    I don’t think anyone is actually ready to “ship” Angela, whether with Dwight or Andy.

Comment by Steven – April 20, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only person on the planet who love Nate and Blair? The show should have done a Serena/Nate/Blair triangle, like in the books. However, since there’s no hope for Nair, I’m all about Dan/Blair at the moment. Chuck and Blair is so unhealthy.

Comment by Samantha – April 20, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with you..i really wanted them to stick to the book …about the blair/serena/nate pairing..i think it would be more interesting..

Comment by dee – April 20, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised you didn’t include Jake/Adam/Cassie or Adam/Cassie/Diana from The Secret Circle

Comment by Linda – April 20, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair
    Ross and Rachel
    Rory and Jess
    Serena and Nate
    Lexie and Mark
    Barney and Robin
    Big and Carrie

Comment by lili – April 20, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Starting with who i ship most,ending with who i like:
    Chuck and Blair – Gossip Girl
    Nate and Serena- Gossip Girl
    Big and Carrie – SATC
    Tyler and Caroline – TVD
    Damon and Elena (thouh i’m still fighting the urge to ship him with Katherine) – TVD
    Ted and Robin – HIMYM
    Angel and Buffy – BTVS
    Ross and Rachel – Friends
    Mark and Lexie – GA
    Dean and Rory – Gilmore Girls
    Luke and Lorelai – Gilmore Girls

Comment by Ade – April 20, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair
    Serena and Nate
    Damon and Elena
    Tyler and Caroline

Comment by j – April 20, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angel: Team Wesley/Fred
    BtvS: Team Spike/Buffy
    Dawson’s Creek: Pacey/Joey (I just couldn’t stand Dawson as a character, anyone with Joey other than him would have made me happy LOL)
    Gilmore Girls: Team Rory! LOL and Luke/Lorelai
    Glee: Artie/Tina/Mike I can’t decide, love them both!
    The Vampire diaries: Team Salvatore (Can’t stand Mary Sue!Elena), Tyler/Caroline (They are destroying Klaus, leave my Hybrid man alone!)

Comment by Manie – April 20, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s had Alex/Izzie/Denny triangle too! and whoc can forget THE CLIFFHANGER of season 2: McDreamy/Meredith/McVet or Addison/Derek/Meredith for instance!

So does Secret Circle (Adam/Cassie/Diana) and Ringer (Bridget/Andrew/Siobhan)

BTW, All hail TEAM DELENA!!

Comment by R – April 20, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Nicole – April 20, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eric/Sookie
    Sawyer/Kate
    Buffy/Angel
    Dan/Blair

Comment by Amanda – April 20, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the Lost triangle! I really didn’t know who was going to end up with who until the very last episode.

Right now, Damon/Elena and Dan/Blair are my favorites!!

Comment by Megan – April 20, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Mike Tina
    Ross Rachel
    Pacey Joey
    Summer Seth
    Gio Betty

Adding Finn Puck/Jessie Rachel and going for Finn and Rachel
    Finn/Shelby Quinn Puck and choose Puck and Quinn.

Also adding Brennan(bones) Booth and Hannah
    Of course choose BNB

Comment by Braywen – April 20, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to say that Sonny/Brenda/Jax was the best triangle ever written. I am hardcore S&B, but man.. good times it was. I miss those days. Triangles these days are so lame.

But in any case.. Damon and Elena, Chuck and Blair. That’s who I currently ship.

Comment by Larrin – April 20, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pacey/Joey, Damon/Elena (although she can’t go wrong either way), Dylan/Brenda, Spike/Buffy, Jeff/Annie

And of the Joey/Rachel/Ross thing, always and forever Rachel and Ross. What was Friends thinking?

Comment by Amber – April 20, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ugh, agreed. joey/rachel was SO weird.

Comment by rach – April 20, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahaha love how the article mentions the wars on the comment sections of TVline gossip girl articles. so true lol…but yeah, i’m gonna say Dan/Blair for that one.

felicity/ben, always!

Comment by rach – April 20, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair
    Jess and Rory (pref. LOGAN & Rory, but didn’t have the option!)
    Veronica and Logan
    Spike and Buffy (don’t hate)
    Seth and Summer (and all 3 as FRIENDS)

Comment by justamodernrock – April 20, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes although I would always choose Jess over Dean, Logan/Rory ended up being my favourite pairing.

Comment by Ange – April 21, 2012 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, fun!

Ross and Rachel
    Dylan and Brenda
    Pacey and Joey
    Sonny and Brenda
    Chuck and Blair
    Serena and Nate
    Brandon and Kelly
    Damon and Elena
    Carrie and Big
    Buffy and Angel

Comment by JMLF – April 20, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • funny thing :) i ship couples that don’t end up together….. ever!

Comment by jk – April 20, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK AND BLAIR ♥
    At this point, Serena and Nate
    Damon and Elena
    Wade and Zoe
    Luke and Lorelai
    Eric and Sookie
    Ross and Rachel
    Klaus and Caroline, but I also like Tyler and Caroline so even though I prefer Klaroline I’ll still be happy to see Tyler and Caroline.
    I was Jack and Emily because I never really felt anything with her and Daniel but now I’m neither here nor there with either ship so Nolan and Emily. They are the relationship/sibling/friendship that I love the most about the show.

Comment by Ships in the Night – April 20, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily/JACK
    Caroline/KLAUS
    Blair/DAN
    Lexie/JACKSON

Comment by lucy – April 20, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck!

Comment by nowaffling – April 20, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loujack, Beth and Phillip from GL – I know, this goes way back, but what a love story that was!

Comment by Mon – April 20, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Juliet/Sawyer
    Seth/Summer
    Lucas/Peyton
    Elena/Stefan
    Caroline/Tyler

Comment by Ashlee – April 20, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm, anyone else here prefer Zoe with George? Mainly because I love the idea of Wade and Lemon…

Comment by Taylor – April 20, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure how Buffy/Angel/Spike qualifies as love triangle when Angel was long gone when Buffy and Spike got it on.

Comment by Jaja – April 20, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I’m getting the brush off for Captain Peroxide!” Angel came back and caused issues between Buffy and Spike at the very end. There was a lovely scene where Spike pasted a picture of “Tall, dark, and forehead” on a punching bag and went at it. Buffy commented that one day she was going to put the two of them together and let them wrastle it out. Possibly with oil of some kind. So it was a brief triangle.

Comment by Alice – April 20, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just don’t think that one scence makes love triangle. In that case Riley, Parker, Robin Wood, Drusilla or Harmony would be more suitable.
        I do understand why they included Buffy/Angle/Spike in this, I just wouldn’t label it as a love triangle.

Comment by Jaja – April 20, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pacey/Joey
    Ben/Felicity
    Tim/Layla
    Sonny/Brenda
    Chuck/Blair
    Barney/Robin
    Big/Carrie

All super passionate sexy big epic true love couples :)

I preferred Spike/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Klaus/Caroline and Kate/Sawyer too (also super sexy and passionate) but Spuffy and Kate/Sawyer weren’t endgame and I question if Damon/Elena and Klaus/Caroline will get real shots sadly.

Comment by Kelley Anne – April 20, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What does it mean ‘endgame’? You say that Spike/Buffy weren’t endgame. What was?

Comment by Ivana – April 22, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan/Veronica
    Carrie/Big
    Chuck/Blair
    Damon/Elena
    Seth/Summer
    Ross/Rachel
    Dylan/Brenda
    Barney/Robin

Never really cared about Dawson/Joey/Pacey, since Joey was so annoying I didn’t see the point in fighting over here. I’m rapidly getting to that point with Blair on GG too.

Comment by CT – April 20, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is too funny about Joey and Blair. Blair, this season especially, I don’t even recognize her from the bad-ass she was in the first few seasons. They’ve really done a number on her. I choose Chuck and Blair because I want him to be happy. Same thing for Pacey and Joey. Joey annoyed the hell out of me, but Pacey wanted her so… haha.

Comment by JMLF – April 20, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG those pics of Apollo/Starbuck/Anders brings back memories. Oh how I miss that show. And Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet were great too!

Comment by wrstlgirl – April 20, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Annie
    Pacey
    Ben
    Tim
    Ross
    Sonny
    Dean or Jess and what about Logan? Team Logan!
    Luke