TV's Most Divisive Love Triangles: Which Pairings Get Your Vote?

When it comes to TV love triangles, there is no such thing as “in between.” You are either Team Ben or Team Noel. Team Stefan or Team Damon. Team Brandon or Team Dylan. Period.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes

If you doubt it, check any TVLine comments section that veers toward a discussion of Gossip Girl‘s Chuck/Blair and Dan/Blair, and you’ll get all the proof you need. Couch potatoes are as passionate about which couple should be/stick together as Republicans and Democrats are about who should be the next president.

In honor of this phenomenon, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of TV’s Most Divisive Love Triangles, from classic Gilmore Girls and Friends threesomes to current obsessions from The Vampire Diaries and Revenge. We won’t bother to remind you to hit the comments afterward to let us know where your allegiances lie and to chime in with any trios that we snubbed. That would be as silly as Frasier ending up with [insert the name of Diane or Lilith, whichever you didn't favor].

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Commentary, Photo Gallery

1. Julia says:

No cartoon references but I HEART the Santa Barbara one.

2. Cynthia says:

OMG – how could I not comment on the Lost quadrangle?!

KATE AND SAWYER forever!

3. Ali says:

George/ZOE/WADE
    PACEY/JOEY/dawson
    Dean/RORY/JESS
    LUKE/LORELAI/Chris
    CHUCK/BLAIR/Dan
    Evan/CASEY/CAPPIE
    SUMMER/SETH/Anna

Clearly the names in all caps are my favorite couple out of the triangle!

4. JLove says:

Chuck and Blair
    Damon and Elena
    Finn and Rachel
    Pacey and Joey

I hate love triangles overall.

5. JStepbach says:

I love Chuck & Blair waiting for them to reunite. He is the love of her life.

6. aidagda says:

Apollo/Starbuck, Kelly/Dylan, Spike/Buffy, Delena, Skate, Alicia/Will, Chair, Zoe/Wade

7. Anissa says:

Westley/Fred-Angel
    Taylor Ridge-B&B
    Spike/Buffy-Buffy (as I like Angel w/ Cordelia)
    Joey/Dawson-Dawson’s Creek
    Rachel/Ross-Friends
    Tina/Mike-Glee
    Nate/Serena-Gossip Girl
    Blair/Dan!!!-Gossip Girl
    Robin/Ted-HIMYM
    Jack/Kate & Sawyer/Juliet-Lost
    Sookie/Bill-TrueBlood
    Henry/Betty-Ugly Betty
    Elena/Damon-TVD

8. shel says:

Fred/Wesley and Joey/Pacey hands down…Robin/Barney (I’d actually consider watching HIMYM again just to see them back together)…Dylan/Kelly.

Peyton/Lucas, although I did also like him with Brooke, and Buffy/Spike, even though I also like Buffy/Angel (and, ::gasp:: Buffy/Riley, for that matter. ;)) Basically, I liked Buffy with everyone except the evil Parker.

9. hannah says:

and thkfully lucas ended up with peyton <3

10. Kaitlyn says:

Summer/Seth/Anna? I’ve never heard of anyone rooting for Seth/Anna. I didn’t dislike them but I thought basically everyone wanted SS. They were perfect!

Also Dair is wayyy better than Chair. The battles over this triangle are the worst I’ve seen since Leyton vs Brucas, though! It’s kinda stressful lol.

• ashley says:

I was a seth and anna fan and rooted for them till the end of oc. I always thought they should of kept anna around instead of bringing on that alex girl. But i think they missed taylor/ryan/marissa (even though marissa died off fans were still split between the two)

11. Ali says:

Oh Team Daniel also for Revenge!

12. Timmy Bauer says:

Call me old, call me romantic, but… Cruz & Eden forever!!!

13. Jeannette says:

I’m a furniture lover 100%, so of course I choose Chuck and Blair!

And, heck yes, Logan & Veronica! Ross & Rachel! Luke & Lorelai! Lucas & Peyton! All the greats.

14. katie says:

Luke and Lorelai
    Logan and Veronica
    Jack and Emily
    Chuck and Blair
    Tyler and Caroline
    Jeff and Annie
    Ross and Rachel

15. Tina says:

Chuck and Blair! Always!!! <3

16. Oh my gosh I was totally team Cruz & Eden back in the day! I loved seeing them on this list so much, it made my day.

17. Jackie says:

Dylan and Brenda
    Pacey and Joey
    Chuck and Blair
    SONNY AND BRENDA :)

Hilarious that these couples are part of the triangle article, since all four of them are my absolute favorite couples of all time!

18. athena606 says:

oh i almost forgot Eric and Sookie!!

19. albtrex says:

Kelly & Dylan!
    Taylor & Ridge!
    Joey & Pacey!
    Ben & Felicity!! (yeah!!! I hated Noel!)
    Jess & Rory!! (they were AWESOME!)
    Luke & Lorelai!!! (though I used to LOVE Chris)
    Will & Alicia! (<3)
    Mark & Lexie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Shonda, PLEASEEEE!!)
    Barney & Robin!!!!!!
    Jake-Kate & Sawyer-Juliet!!!! <3 <3
    Anna & Summers (XDDD. No, I'm joking, Seth & Summers = Seth & Anna… I loved them both!!)
    Brooke & Lucas!!!!!! (LOVED them together… Though in season 6 I become Brucas & Leyton! :D)
    Big & Carrie!
    Daniel & Betty (come on!!! They were PERFECT together!!! Between Gio & Henry, I'd say Henry!!)
    Logan & Veronica (LoVe, always… Movie, pleaseeeee!!)

20. Steven says:

Fred/Wesley. Even Illyria recognized it.
    Buffy/Spike. Angel was always meant for Cordelia.
    Jeff/Britta. I love Annie, but I think this week she started outgrowing him, and Jeff and Britta kind of deserve each other.
    Rory/Jess (though part of me was always holding up for Marty)
    Lorelei/Christopher. I could go either way with this, but by the end, Luke came with April, and April was terrible.
    Alicia/Peter. Alicia’s affair with Will was, far and away, the worst thing to happen to the show.
    Jack/Kate and Juliet/Sawyer obviously worked, so good for the producers wrapping it up that way.
    I don’t think anyone is actually ready to “ship” Angela, whether with Dwight or Andy.

21. Samantha says:

Am I the only person on the planet who love Nate and Blair? The show should have done a Serena/Nate/Blair triangle, like in the books. However, since there’s no hope for Nair, I’m all about Dan/Blair at the moment. Chuck and Blair is so unhealthy.

• dee says:

i agree with you..i really wanted them to stick to the book …about the blair/serena/nate pairing..i think it would be more interesting..

22. Linda says:

I’m surprised you didn’t include Jake/Adam/Cassie or Adam/Cassie/Diana from The Secret Circle

23. lili says:

Chuck and Blair
    Ross and Rachel
    Rory and Jess
    Serena and Nate
    Lexie and Mark
    Barney and Robin
    Big and Carrie

24. Ade says:

Starting with who i ship most,ending with who i like:
    Chuck and Blair – Gossip Girl
    Nate and Serena- Gossip Girl
    Big and Carrie – SATC
    Tyler and Caroline – TVD
    Damon and Elena (thouh i’m still fighting the urge to ship him with Katherine) – TVD
    Ted and Robin – HIMYM
    Angel and Buffy – BTVS
    Ross and Rachel – Friends
    Mark and Lexie – GA
    Dean and Rory – Gilmore Girls
    Luke and Lorelai – Gilmore Girls

25. j says:

Chuck and Blair
    Serena and Nate
    Damon and Elena
    Tyler and Caroline

26. Manie says:

Angel: Team Wesley/Fred
    BtvS: Team Spike/Buffy
    Dawson’s Creek: Pacey/Joey (I just couldn’t stand Dawson as a character, anyone with Joey other than him would have made me happy LOL)
    Gilmore Girls: Team Rory! LOL and Luke/Lorelai
    Glee: Artie/Tina/Mike I can’t decide, love them both!
    The Vampire diaries: Team Salvatore (Can’t stand Mary Sue!Elena), Tyler/Caroline (They are destroying Klaus, leave my Hybrid man alone!)

27. R says:

Grey’s had Alex/Izzie/Denny triangle too! and whoc can forget THE CLIFFHANGER of season 2: McDreamy/Meredith/McVet or Addison/Derek/Meredith for instance!

So does Secret Circle (Adam/Cassie/Diana) and Ringer (Bridget/Andrew/Siobhan)

BTW, All hail TEAM DELENA!!

28. Nicole says:

29. Amanda says:

Eric/Sookie
    Sawyer/Kate
    Buffy/Angel
    Dan/Blair

30. Megan says:

I loved the Lost triangle! I really didn’t know who was going to end up with who until the very last episode.

Right now, Damon/Elena and Dan/Blair are my favorites!!

31. Braywen says:

Mike Tina
    Ross Rachel
    Pacey Joey
    Summer Seth
    Gio Betty

Adding Finn Puck/Jessie Rachel and going for Finn and Rachel
    Finn/Shelby Quinn Puck and choose Puck and Quinn.

Also adding Brennan(bones) Booth and Hannah
    Of course choose BNB

32. Larrin says:

I just want to say that Sonny/Brenda/Jax was the best triangle ever written. I am hardcore S&B, but man.. good times it was. I miss those days. Triangles these days are so lame.

But in any case.. Damon and Elena, Chuck and Blair. That’s who I currently ship.

33. Amber says:

Pacey/Joey, Damon/Elena (although she can’t go wrong either way), Dylan/Brenda, Spike/Buffy, Jeff/Annie

And of the Joey/Rachel/Ross thing, always and forever Rachel and Ross. What was Friends thinking?

34. rach says:

hahaha love how the article mentions the wars on the comment sections of TVline gossip girl articles. so true lol…but yeah, i’m gonna say Dan/Blair for that one.

felicity/ben, always!

35. justamodernrock says:

Chuck and Blair
    Jess and Rory (pref. LOGAN & Rory, but didn’t have the option!)
    Veronica and Logan
    Spike and Buffy (don’t hate)
    Seth and Summer (and all 3 as FRIENDS)

36. JMLF says:

Wow, fun!

Ross and Rachel
    Dylan and Brenda
    Pacey and Joey
    Sonny and Brenda
    Chuck and Blair
    Serena and Nate
    Brandon and Kelly
    Damon and Elena
    Carrie and Big
    Buffy and Angel

37. jk says:

funny thing :) i ship couples that don’t end up together….. ever!

38. Ships in the Night says:

CHUCK AND BLAIR ♥
    At this point, Serena and Nate
    Damon and Elena
    Wade and Zoe
    Luke and Lorelai
    Eric and Sookie
    Ross and Rachel
    Klaus and Caroline, but I also like Tyler and Caroline so even though I prefer Klaroline I’ll still be happy to see Tyler and Caroline.
    I was Jack and Emily because I never really felt anything with her and Daniel but now I’m neither here nor there with either ship so Nolan and Emily. They are the relationship/sibling/friendship that I love the most about the show.

39. lucy says:

Emily/JACK
    Caroline/KLAUS
    Blair/DAN
    Lexie/JACKSON

40. nowaffling says:

Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck!

41. Mon says:

Loujack, Beth and Phillip from GL – I know, this goes way back, but what a love story that was!

42. Ashlee says:

Juliet/Sawyer
    Seth/Summer
    Lucas/Peyton
    Elena/Stefan
    Caroline/Tyler

43. Taylor says:

Hmm, anyone else here prefer Zoe with George? Mainly because I love the idea of Wade and Lemon…

44. Jaja says:

Not sure how Buffy/Angel/Spike qualifies as love triangle when Angel was long gone when Buffy and Spike got it on.

• Alice says:

“I’m getting the brush off for Captain Peroxide!” Angel came back and caused issues between Buffy and Spike at the very end. There was a lovely scene where Spike pasted a picture of “Tall, dark, and forehead” on a punching bag and went at it. Buffy commented that one day she was going to put the two of them together and let them wrastle it out. Possibly with oil of some kind. So it was a brief triangle.

• Jaja says:

I just don’t think that one scence makes love triangle. In that case Riley, Parker, Robin Wood, Drusilla or Harmony would be more suitable.
        I do understand why they included Buffy/Angle/Spike in this, I just wouldn’t label it as a love triangle.

45. Kelley Anne says:

Pacey/Joey
    Ben/Felicity
    Tim/Layla
    Sonny/Brenda
    Chuck/Blair
    Barney/Robin
    Big/Carrie

All super passionate sexy big epic true love couples :)

I preferred Spike/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Klaus/Caroline and Kate/Sawyer too (also super sexy and passionate) but Spuffy and Kate/Sawyer weren’t endgame and I question if Damon/Elena and Klaus/Caroline will get real shots sadly.

46. CT says:

Logan/Veronica
    Carrie/Big
    Chuck/Blair
    Damon/Elena
    Seth/Summer
    Ross/Rachel
    Dylan/Brenda
    Barney/Robin

Never really cared about Dawson/Joey/Pacey, since Joey was so annoying I didn’t see the point in fighting over here. I’m rapidly getting to that point with Blair on GG too.

• JMLF says:

This is too funny about Joey and Blair. Blair, this season especially, I don’t even recognize her from the bad-ass she was in the first few seasons. They’ve really done a number on her. I choose Chuck and Blair because I want him to be happy. Same thing for Pacey and Joey. Joey annoyed the hell out of me, but Pacey wanted her so… haha.

47. wrstlgirl says:

OMG those pics of Apollo/Starbuck/Anders brings back memories. Oh how I miss that show. And Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet were great too!

48. Izz says:

Annie
    Pacey
    Ben
    Tim
    Ross
    Sonny
    Dean or Jess and what about Logan? Team Logan!
    Luke