TV's Most Divisive Love Triangles: Which Pairings Get Your Vote?

When it comes to TV love triangles, there is no such thing as “in between.” You are either Team Ben or Team Noel. Team Stefan or Team Damon. Team Brandon or Team Dylan. Period.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes

If you doubt it, check any TVLine comments section that veers toward a discussion of Gossip Girl‘s Chuck/Blair and Dan/Blair, and you’ll get all the proof you need. Couch potatoes are as passionate about which couple should be/stick together as Republicans and Democrats are about who should be the next president.

In honor of this phenomenon, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of TV’s Most Divisive Love Triangles, from classic Gilmore Girls and Friends threesomes to current obsessions from The Vampire Diaries and Revenge. We won’t bother to remind you to hit the comments afterward to let us know where your allegiances lie and to chime in with any trios that we snubbed. That would be as silly as Frasier ending up with [insert the name of Diane or Lilith, whichever you didn't favor].

Comments (690)

• Jeff and Annie (Community)

Comment by Aileen – April 22, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jeff and Annie from Community get my vote as well!

Comment by famfam – April 23, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You missed Vaughn/Sydney/Will from Alias.

Comment by Mary – April 22, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the heck is Cordelia in the Spike/Buffy/Angel triangle? She was an integral part! Also, Nate/Blair/Chuck was a much meatier love triangle than Dan/Serena/Nate.

Comment by Ella – April 22, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • logan and veronica
    ross and rachel
    serena and nate
    buffy and spike
    damon and elena
    blair and dan
    summer and seth
    jeff and britta
    casey and cappie
    zoe and wade
    mark and lexie
    brooke and lucas
    robin and barney
    pacey and joey (they are the best!!!!)

Comment by MELI – April 23, 2012 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Team Lucas and Brooke!

Team Carrie and Aidan!

Team Sookie and Bill!

Team Henry and Betty!

Team Stefan and Elena!

Team Tyler and Caroline!

Team Duncan and Veronica!

Comment by Farijal Emanuels – April 23, 2012 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike&Buffy
    Damon&Elena
    Team Spike
    and
    Team Damon
    the hottest vamps ever! Angel and Stefan suck! LOL

Comment by Annie – April 23, 2012 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot Olivia, Peter and Fauxlivia on Fringe from Season 3. There is also the Peter, Olivia and Lincoln triangle from this season.

Comment by girlsinthegarage – April 23, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joey/Ross/Rachel shouldn’t even count, right? It wasn’t divisive. No one wanted Joey and Rachel! At least not many people…it was always Ross and Rachel.

Comment by Paige – April 23, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brenda/Dylan #BH90210
    Veronica/Logan #VeronicaMars …still waiting for the movie so I can have a LoVe endgame.
    In Smallville S9 did have a Clark/Lois/Oliver triangle but, at the end as always Clois ended the show endgame :D

Comment by SVClois – April 23, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felicity/Ben
    Fred/Wesley
    Kara/Lee-I always thought Anders was so boring!
    Buffy/Angel-I loved Spike too and they did have great chemistry, but I think she should have ended up with Angel
    Jeff/Britta-I do like Annie as a character though
    Joey/Pacey-Let’s face it, it was always Joey’s Creek really
    Rachel/Ross-Joey was just so wrong!
    Rory/Jess-Although I did like Dean in the first season
    Luke/Lorelai-I don’t know who could have ever liked Christopher
    Alicia/Will-Although I do like Peter too
    Dan/Blair
    Mark/Lexie
    Ted/Robin-I may be the only person left in the world who wants them together
    Jack/Kate
    Sawyer/Juliet
    Seth/Summer
    Peyton/Lucas
    Carrie/Big-Aidan always seemed to want to change Carrie too much
    Eric/Sookie
    Betty/Daniel-I always thought they belonged together
    Logan/Veronica-LoVe

Comment by Allie – April 23, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred and Gunn (Angel)
    Starbuck and Apollo (Battlestar Galactica)
    Brenda and Dylan (Beverly Hills 90210)
    Kelly and Brandon (Beverly Hills 90210)
    Buffy and Spike (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
    Joey and Pacey (Dawson’s Creek)
    Lyla and Tim (Friday Night Lights)
    Ross and Rachel (Friends)
    Rory and Dean (Gilmore Girls)
    Lorelai and Luke (Gilmore Girls)
    Serena and Nate (Gossip Girl)
    Blair and Chuck (Gossip Girl)
    Casey and Evan (Greek)
    Zoe and Wade (Hart Of Dixie)
    Lexie and Mark (Grey’s Anatomy)
    Robin and Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
    Kat and Jack (Lost)
    Juliet and Sawyer (Lost)
    Summer and Seth (The OC)
    Brooke and Lucas (One Tree Hill)
    Emily and Jack (Revenge)
    Sookie and Eric (True Blood)
    Betty and Gio (Ugly Betty)
    Elena and Damon (The Vampire Diaries)
    Caroline and Tyler (The Vampire Diaries)
    Veronica and Logan (Veronica Mars)

Comment by B.Chambers – April 23, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Summer/Seth
    Emily/Jack
    Big/Carrie
    Eric/Sookie
    Caroline/Klaus

Comment by ana caralinda – April 23, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ross/Rachel-even though I find Ross more annoying in reruns while they were dating. lol
    Brenda/Dylan- Remember just really hating Kelly during the time.
    Brandon/Kelly- I think Brandon brought the best out of Kelly. Loved them.
    Ben/Felicity- Just liked Ben more than Noel.
    Pacey/Joey- My favorite Primetime couple even though the writing for Joey was very annoying at times. The chemistry made the couple and I’m happy they ended up together.

Comment by cl – April 23, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred/Gunn (Angel)
    Dylan/Brenda (Beverly Hills, 90210)
    Brandon/Kelly (Beverly Hills, 90210)
    Buffy/Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) – GAH! Tough one for me.
    Rachel/Ross (Friends)
    Rory/Jess (Gilmore Girls) – Not as tough as Buffy, but still tough.
    Luke/Lorelai (Gilmore Girls) – Easy, didn’t like her with Chris.
    Tina/Mike (Glee)
    Nate/Serena (Gossip Girl)
    Chuck/Blair (Gossip Girl)
    Lexie/Mark (Grey’s Anatomy)
    Barney/Robin (How I Met Your Mother)
    Jack/Kate (Lost)
    Sawyer/Juliet (Lost)
    Summer/Seth (The O.C.)
    Peyton/Lucas (One Tree Hill) – I got my happy ending!
    Emily/Jack (Revenge)
    Eric/Sookie (True Blood)
    Elena/Damon (The Vampire Diaries)
    Caroline/Klaus (The Vampire Diaries)
    Logan/Veronica (Veronica Mars)

What about Dean/Rory/Logan (Gilmore Girls)? Or Bridget/Andrew/Siobhan/Henry (Ringer)?

Comment by Miranda Valenti (@EmmeElleVee) – April 23, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just gonna promote Community right now for Jeff/Britta! Duh doy!

Comment by Mia – April 24, 2012 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wesley/Fred (he was there for her until the end)
    Buffy/Angel (the classic love story that couldn’t happen)
    Dean/Rory (because Jared is just the best)
    Luke/Lorelai
    Mike/Tina (Artie/Brittany)
    Serena/Dan
    Chuck/Blair (Wish she hadn’t screwed things up with Louie so bad)
    Lexie/Mark (double dates with Mer/Der)
    Sawyer/Juliet (love them, but they’re second to Hurley/Libby)
    Peyton/Lucas (couldn’t stand either one. Show got show much better after they left)
    Sookie/Bill (Eric has to stay single so they don’t mess up female fantasies)
    Stefan/Elena (Damon needs to stay single for the same reason as Eric)
    Caroline/Klaus (Tyler can take a hike, we gotta keep Klaus on the show somehow, this works)
    Logan/Veronica (Don’t even remember Duncan)

Comment by Samantha – April 24, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tina/Mike (Glee)
    Nate/Serena (Gossip Girl)
    Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)
    Lexie/Mark (Grey’s Anatomy)
    Jeff/Annie (Community)

Comment by Pam – April 24, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we should watch tv together, i completely agree with every couple

Comment by klaw – April 26, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Seth & Summer – The O.C.
    George & Wade – Hart of Dixie
    Jack & Kate – Lost
    Caroline & Tyler – TVD
    Carrie & Aiden – SATC

Comment by anonymous – April 26, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You left off Angel/Drusilla/Spike! That was an amazing triangle which made the whole second season.

Comment by Hazel – April 27, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spike/Buffy (OTP forever)
    Pacey/Joey
    Starbuck/Anders (although my favourite Kara pairing is Kara/Leoben)
    Wesley/Fred
    Mark/Lexie (don’t really care much, but I care even less about Jackson/Lexie)
    Jack/Kate
    Bill/Sookie
    Stefan/Elena
    Klaus/Caroline
    Logan/Veronica

Comment by Francy – April 27, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe i’m the only one that watches degrassi but what about ashley/craig/manny, sean/emma/peter, ellie/craig/manny, craig/jay/manny, holly j/spinner/jane, claire/kc/jenna. as for their list
    dean/rory
    luke/lorelai
    brooke/ridge(soulmates)
    chuck/blair
    seth/anna
    joey/rachel
    pacey/joey
    logan/veronica
    buffy/spike
    damon/elena
    ben/felicity
    barney/robin(i don’t don’t really want them to be endgam but i prefered them over ted/robin)
    nate/serena
    dylan/brenda
    kelly/brandon
    carrie/aidan
    brooke/lucas(brucas forever)
    casey/cappie
    zoe/wade
    jax/brenda
    sookie/eric
    mark/lexie

Comment by ashley – April 28, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luke and Lorelai
    Rory and Jess (although there was a bit of a logan and jess triangle kinda)
    Zoey and George
    Lyla and Tim
    kelly and brandon
    dylan and brenda
    lucas and peyton (although i really liked jake and peyton and i tolerated brooke and lucas but i just think this couple was meant to be)
    Cappie and Casey (that was an awesome triangle btw)
    Ross and Rachel
    Mike and Tina
    Robin and Barney (Robin and Ted is just annoying cause its impossible to work out)
    Blair and Chuck

Buffy & Angel
    Dawson & Joey
    Ross y Rachel (Friends)
    Barney y Robin (HIMYM)
    Jeff & Annie (Community)
    Fred & Gunn (Angel)
    Lorelai & Christopher (I love Luke, but I don’t like him with Lorelai)
    Seth & Summer (The OC)
    Lucas & Peyton (OTH)
    Klaus & Caroline (TVD)

Comment by Luz (@LuzStereo) – May 1, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the comments on these type posts. I wish there was a separate section for each couple. Then I could skip the comments about GG and other shows that I just don’t care about who’s fans dominate the entire conversation.

Comment by Dani – May 1, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Henry/Betty/Gio is my personal Sophie’s Choice. XD

Both guys were great. And then we had Daniel. Betty always end up with her boss in the telenovelas (which was sort of eluded to in thew series finale) but she could have ended up with either three and I would have been content.

Actually, after close consideration, it’s Gio all the way!

Comment by Sarita – May 2, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STELENA!

Comment by laboricua91 – May 8, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena and Damon
    DYLAN AND BRENDA (the best first love story ever)
    On General Hospital I am not a fan of Brenda at all really so I have to say Team Sonny and Carly!!!
    Luke and Lorelai of course
    Veronica and Logan
    Sookie and Eric (only if he is the badass version of himself)
    Sawyer and Juliet (the ending was beautiful)

Comment by Cat – May 9, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brenda/Dylan/Kelly and Sawyer/Kate/Jack!

Plus House/Wilson/Cuddy,haha :)

Comment by Kriszta – May 13, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many to love but my forever to-the-grave ships:
    Spike/Buffy
    Angel/Cordelia
    Brooke/Lucas
    Nate/Serena
    Pacey/Joey
    Felicity/Ben
    Sawyer/Kate
    Damon/Elena
    Apollo/Starbuck

Got my wish only two of them. :( so sad… Here’s hoping for the two still running: GG & TVD, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve learned to manage my inevitable disappointment.

Comment by J – May 14, 2012 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the best WILL/ALICIA E PETER

Comment by ana – May 17, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I don’t agree that you have to support only one relationship. When I was young I supported Buffy and Angel but I’ve seen season 7 – a few last episodes and fell in love with Spike and Buffy their moments were amazing. But I still like Buffy and Angel.
    Yeah Stefan and Elena is the true love of TVD but it’s just because they are written as a true love. YES their scenes are cute but actually from all tv relationships I’ve even seen on tv and I’ve ever supported they’re the least interesting tv couple. But that’s just my opinion.

Comment by yinloveyang – May 23, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favourite couples:

Michael and Nikita (from La Femme Nikita – Canada – 1997 but I like CW’s Michael and Nikita aswell but they’re not one of my best tv couples)
    Damon and Elena
    Jack and Kate – LOST (although I found out that Sawyer and Kate was awesome couple aswell I guess that one of the reasons why I wasn’t able to support them was their fans. Sorry to say that but it’s true.)
    Doctor and Rose (Doctor Who)
    Buffy and Angel / Spike and Angel
    Phoebe and Cole
    Clark and Lana (I don’t care that someone wrote Clark and Lois in the past. I don’t support a couple just because they wanted them to be endgame)
    Charlie and Claire – LOST
    Ralph and Maggie – The Thorn Birds
    Jeremy and Anna – TVD
    Robin and Marian – Robin Hood show from Great Britain

Au couples: Peter and Claire (heroes) / Harry and Hermione

It’s not the end of my list but you don’t know the rest because they are from the shows in Europe.

Comment by yinloveyang – May 23, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just wanted to comment on this and tell you I totally agree about Clark and Lana. They were perfect on smallville and Clark and Lois hated each other when they first met. I hated how they closed the Clark and Lana story and how they put Clark and Lois together. I stopped watching the show after the 7th season when Lana left and they killed off Lex.

Comment by Carly – January 27, 2014 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *mistake – not Spike and Angel but Spike and Buffy :))

Comment by yinloveyang – May 23, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team S-T-E-L-E-N-A<3
    Team Chair all the way ;)

Comment by Wendy – July 5, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for me it’s buffy and spike all the way! just looking over these comments it’s amazing how many people love both buffy/spike AND buffy/angel. if it’s one show usually people are passionately for one and against the other, but for this one i see an awful lot of people saying it’s the hardest one to choose or wanting her to have both, lol. i admit too, i loved Bangel in the early years, but my allegiances switched completely as the buffy/spike thing got going. they were so intense it made her and angel boring and i never even disliked angel!

now THAT’S how you do a triangle! so many people love, and i mean REALLY love both those relationships. i wonder what went so right with that one?

Comment by lily – July 10, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wesley/Fred
    Buffy/Spike
    Jeff/Annie sooo bad !
    Joey/Pacey
    Ross/Rachel
    Rory/Jess
    Luke/Lorelai
    Alicia/Will
    Dan/Blair/Chuck I am at a point where I really do NOT CARE !

Cassie/Cappie
    Lexie/Mark
    Zoe/WADE !!!!
    Barney/Robin
    Kate/Jack since day 1
    Summer/Seth
    Damon/Elena
    Tyler/Caroline/Klaus loved all side of this triangle

Veronica/Logan

Comment by Heba – July 13, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pjer-Spuffy-Delena-Breakfast Club-Clois-Java Junkie-Literati-Love-Exibitionist

Comment by Sarah – August 4, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon/Katherine
    Tyler/Caroline
    Stefan/Elena
    Buffy/Spike
    Robin/Barney
    Clark/Lex

Comment by Lily – September 4, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh and Angel/Cordelia

Comment by Lily – September 4, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • damon/elana
    spike/buffy
    In the famous words of spike “she needs a little monster in her man.”

Comment by jessica – October 5, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon/Elena is the true love story of the vampire diaries! OTP forever!

Comment by Rania – October 12, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan AND Rory

Luke and Lorelai

Peter and Alica (I agree w/ the puching)

Comment by htm16 – November 21, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post