Catwalk Bloodbath: America's Next Top Model Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

Nigel Barker J. Alexander Jay Manuel America's Next Top ModelNigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel are in the running towards becoming America’s Next Top Model has-beens.

The show’s longtime mentors/judges were fired on Thursday as part of a major overhaul ahead of this fall’s 19th cycle, the New York Post reports.

ANTM host and exec producer Tyra Banks confirmed the dismissals on her Facebook page. “To my Nigel Barker, Miss J, and Mr Jay: Thank you for all of our years together on America’s Next Top Model,” she wrote. “Working with you is always an absolute pleasure. Excited for what the future holds for us.”

Added fellow EP Ken Mok in a statement: “Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander have been an integral part of the America’s Next Top Model brand and they helped turn this show into the household name it is today. They have been amazing assets to the show and will always be a part of the ‘Top Model’ family. We will continue to actively work with each of them on future projects.”

In a blog post, Barker said his departure will “allow me to take on new projects and turn my attention to other business prospects in the worlds of fashion, beauty and entertainment. I also have a number of new ventures that have been in the works.”

No comment yet from Alexander or Manuel.

Thoughts? Are you in the running towards becoming Model‘s next lapsed viewer?

1. Lou says:

Nigel is a hottie. No point watching it if he has gone.

2. Kimmie says:

These guys weren’t at fault for the ratings going down. It was the crap that eventually became ANTM. It’s just going to be the Tyra show next season, and Miss Banks is going to get a painful slap in the face when everyone boycotts the show.

3. Mark P says:

This show should’ve ended in Cycle 15. Cycle 16 and onwards are just stupid and annoying.

Really sad for this. Although I was expecting for Nigel to leave, I didn’t expect that they will fire Mr and Ms Jay. Taking Ms. Jay out of the judge’s table is one thing, taking him out of the show is another.

And btw, it’s not only Tyra who decides to fire people. There is Ken Mok too. I’m sure Tyra feels bad about this.

Lastly, if they bring Twiggy back as a judge, I might watch again.

4. FairyTaleLover says:

Um….WTF? With these three gone there is no America’s Next Top Model. I’d rather Leon be fired.

5. Megan says:

Question – how do you watch the other countrie’s NTM? I’d love to watch something that actually is true to the modeling world, not some Tyra-centric crap with booty-tooching, smizing, and pot ledom nonsense. Where do you find the episodes?

6. kewi94 says:

This show confuses me to no end. All Tyra talks about is being yourself, having your personality shine, and being a role model blah blah blah. Yet now they have “branded” the girls and expect them to BE their brand even if that’s not who they are? I feel terrible for Ebony, they’re not defying their opinion, you’re just telling her WHO TO BE, and she’s acting the way she is.

Ugh.

7. I think getting rid of the three judges was such a big mistake. Somebody needs to step up and beg all three judges to come back, they actually made thr show.

8. PAT FROM PA says:

I AM ASHAMED OF TYRA’S SELFISH BEHAIVOR AND DON’T PLAN TO VIEW ANTM AGAIN. THIS SEASON SHE SEEMS TO HAVE COPPED A HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE WITH HER TITLE SPOT WIGGLING AND ASKING ‘YOU WANT SOME?’ AFTER SWIPING HER BEHIND.
    I KNOW HER MOTHER HAS TO BE EMBARASSED TOO. SO SAD.

9. peaches says:

Ive heard of Tyra being unloyal to the people that helped make her hit show..and this just proves it..im so sick of watching her parade around,.always having to be in the spotlight..the best move that the show could make would be to get rid of her and keep the trio of guys..and Cutrone? please take her away..i use to think Tyra was a role model..now i know she just steps on whoever to keep her show and face on the air..shameful..

10. Gintare says:

Though Nigel is a cutie, I could imagine the show without him. Miss J too, he could be a guest star sometimes. But without Jay Manuel? How is that gonna work?? He has been amazing with the models throughout all the seasons, and has a really friendly, relatable personality.
    The PR “legend” is really a no go for this show, I understand they thought they needed an edgy, painfully honest celebrity (like Simon Cowell), but this Kelly is a judge with a grudge!!!
    I think the show might go until the 20th cycle, but that should be it. Fashion stuff like photoshoots are super entertaining, but the reality show thing going on there is so fake. It’s getting tiring, they need to give their time slot to something else.

11. William says:

We all have to remember this is a business, not everything will be what we want. Sometimes shaking things up could boost ratings. Keep in mind Dancing with the stars, American Idol, etc: these shows need shaking up too. Sometimes old judges can be boring!! I miss the three amigos too but the show should be about modeling not who you like.

12. lethera says:

I love ANTM but for the past two cycles something was missing and I figured out that it’s like eating your mother or grandmother’s food and leave home and go to college where you het to have an appreciation for a home cook meal. Well with ANTM Nigel Barker, Twiggy, and definitely the J’s brought a special flavor to the show and even though live far away in the Bahamas I am most excited about watching the past cycles where each judge played an integral role and truly believe that the network could of reinvent the wheel but keep the former judges. This is not to offend the presence judges but sometimes no matter how you try and reinvent the wheel with new cast members its not always for the best so good luck to the show and I eagerly look forward to any projects Tyra Banks or any of the former cast members brings to the fore front.

13. I totally agree Tyra must of had too much hairspray. She ruined the show. And Kelly Cutrone as a judge??? LOL she’s a ho bag wannabe model. I can’t stand her

14. Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting
    a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!