Major Vampire Diaries Spoiler: What'd You Think of Elena's Big Move?

Vampire Diaries Damon and ElenaWARNING: If you have yet to watch Thursday’s The Vampire Diaries, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, you may proceed….

The Vampire Diaries delivered a long-awaited payoff during tonight’s episode: Elena finally confronted her feelings for Damon and attacked him with her lips kissed him.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes — Including Vampire Diaries!

Things started out innocently enough with the pair road-tripping to Denver to visit Jeremy. They were on a quest to get him to use his special ghost powers to question Rose about who turned her. Damon decided to enjoy an alcoholic beverage with his shirt open, of course, while Elena lay in the motel bed. But she wasn’t sleeping. Instead, Elena was taking in the view – and she was caught doing it mid-stare by Damon, who decided to join her in the bed.

“Why don’t you let people see the good in you?” she asked, referring to what he’d done for Rose as she was dying. He explained that it makes people expect you to be good, and he doesn’t want to have to live up to anyone’s expectations. As his fingers grazed hers, Elena bolted outside. If she was hoping some fresh air would cool her down, then her plan failed miserably because what followed was a major, heated Florence + the Machine-set make-out session, up against a wall, initiated by our gal! Too bad Jeremy the Interrupter broke it up with his judgey stare.

In the car, Rose set Elena’s kid brother straight about the bad boy vamp. “It’s not just that she makes him a better person,” she said. While Stefan’s “love is pure” and he’ll always be the good, safe choice, “Damon challenges her, surprises her. He makes her question her life, her beliefs.”

“Damon is either the best thing for her or the worst,” she concluded. But you won’t find out which one it is until you try, right, Elena? Alas, she was back to her indecisive ways by episode’s end when Damon flat-out asked if she had feelings for him.

“I don’t know,” she replied. “You sabotage things.”

“I’m sorry, Elena,” he lobbed back. “This time I’m not going to make it so easy for you. This time you’re going to have to figure it out for yourself.”

Elsewhere in the episode: Caroline and Tyler’s happy reunion was cut short when he discovered the drawing Klaus had given her — and he was not happy when she couldn’t come up with a reason why she kept it…. Stefan literally attacked the dark alter-ego out of Alaric to help find the last stake capable of killing the Originals…. It’s also back to square one for the gang in finding out where Stefan, Damon and Caroline’s bloodline come from since Kol took out Rose’s maker, Mary Porter…. Oh, and speaking of those dastardly, Old World vamps, Rebekah’s body is now being possessed by the spirit of her dead witch mom, Esther!

Was the big kiss everything you imagined it would be and more (or less), Delena fans? What does it mean for first love, Stefan? And what do you think Esther is up to? More importantly, is Rebekah OK?! Weigh in below in the comments.

1. Lindsey says:

AHHHHH! finally! this episode was amazing all around. cannot wait to see what happens in the upcoming episodes. BEST SHOW

2. Peng9803 says:

While they needed to protect Jeremy from Kol, they didn’t necessarily need him as a medium. Isn’t Matt also a medium?

3. TMW says:

I DEFINITELY WANT SOME MORE HOT SCENES BETWEEN HELENA AND DAMON. …

4. Kristy says:

I love Elena and Stefan together. Damon seems too old for her somehow. She just doesn’t seem grown up enough for him.

5. Rae says:

I agree with everything that Rose said to Jeremy in the car. I love Damon and Elena. Give him something to live for. Enough with him always coming in second to his brother.

6. applesmakegoodmissiles says:

Really didn’t like this episode, probably the worst one for me out of all three seasons so far :( Other than Tyler’s comeback, pretty much the only other thing I liked was the ending. I’m glad the writers did SOMETHING with the Delena relationship since the sideways looks every few minutes were getting irritating, but the kiss scene was… So. Awkward. It was the strangest, most uncomfortable feeling ever, sort of like watching your dad trying to pick up a girl at a bar(or something equally disturbing). It feels really forced, but I don’t know how to explain it or why it happened like..that. I know the producer is an extreme Delena fangirl, so maybe its her hard selling (of Delena) that is turning me off it.

But hey, Elena and Elijah, anyone? He’s my supreme bias for sure :D Besides, Damon fans who are saying they like the “bad boy” better don’t know the meaning of bad boy. Although I guess Elijah is more of a badASS than a bad boy ;) ;)

7. dizzbird says:

Elena, girl, you need to choose and you need to choose fast, or you’re gonna end up losing both. Sure, I understand half the show is based around deciding between the brothers, but at least put her with one and stop giving the other false hope – at least for a while. she has remained undecided for too long. I understand, though, that she needed some time to think things over, but at the end of this season, a decision, even if it’s temporairy, would be good?

In real life, the brothers would probably have dumped her already. but thats just the beauty of television.

i’m a delena shipper, i’m with the bad boys ;) though i just keep hoping there’s someone out there more WITH Damon. more sure, decided. no false hopes. Someone better. elena’s fine, but we all just want the best, don’t we?

I need to do something else now. i just poured my thoughts out, and it’s exhausting.

8. Gomo says:

I think everyone should just calm down and be objective when it comes to delena/stelena issue. If you look at the entire series as a whole, damon has always been more stable while stefan has gone off the bandwagon more than once. Elena is a very thoughtful & selfless person who thinks things through & it matters to her how her decisions affect others. I am not cheering for either damon or stefan but after hearing rose’s comment in the car to jeremy, I started to wonder if elena feelings towards the brothers respectively was about change and be different. I’m going to be honest now but elijah & elena had a connection, so it wouldn’t be such a bad thing if elijah & katherine come into the picture again for the finale or season 4. And by the way a flashback of tatia would have been nice during season 3.

9. cattis says:

oh my gooood ! i loved this scene , DELENA !! i wnat STELENA to , i can’t choosee…in the last episode, she may well just take a salvatore in Each arm, and then they live happily ever after .. that’s my dreaam ;D

10. Nicole says:

I absolutely loved the make out sesh and the rose and Jeremy moment the make out sesh was hot and sexy and it was about time Elena made a move and as for the Rose and Jeremy moment in the car I found it adorable she was right Damon makes Elena challenge herself in ways you wouldn’t believe