Exclusive

Exclusive Secret Circle Video: Charles and Blackwell Face Off!

What happens when two alpha fathers with magic powers and a ton of unfinished business cross paths for the first time in over a decade? A seriously tense John Blackwell vs. Charles Meade face-off on tonight’s The Secret Circle (The CW, 9/8c), and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the witchy match-up!

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes — Including The Secret Circle

“I’m trying to do the right thing here,” John says of his return. “Don’t push me.”

But Charles hardly balks at the threat. In fact, he lobs back one of his own.

Press PLAY below and watch as the dueling parental witches exchange some long overdue words about what happened 16 years ago.

1. Anon says:

Omg, intense!! Did anyone else find it sooooo awesome that Blackwell called Charles, Charlie?

Can’t wait for this episode TONIGHT!!

2. wrstlgirl says:

Bout time Gale Harold gets some action on this show!

3. Lauren says:

OMG !!!!!! Sully and Brian Kinney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Alfred says:

What is this moral high ground thing with Charles? Didn’t you kill Cassie’s mom? Now you’re trying to take away her dad AFTER your mom almost killed the poor girl? Cassie can’t catch a break geeze.

• Farrah says:

I agree completely! Charles is a complete idiot and I hope John kills him for what he did to Amelia. Team Blackwell! And I love TSC btw, thanks for the video, I missed the show a lot!

5. Laura says:

OMG is absolutely right… WOW! Intense! I really want to like Blackwell… but against Charles (or should I say Charlie, lol)… I got to cheer for Gale all the way. Can’t WAIT for tonight’s episode! :)

6. verybookish says:

Love it! OMG, Gale Harold is awesome BAMF! Love this scene between Charles and Blackwell.

7. Hot dayum!!! This is the Charles we’ve been missing. More, plz!!!

8. ducdebrabant says:

Too little, too late. I came to this show for Gale Harold. I was promised he’d be as important as the teenagers. Instead they’ve left him off entire episodes, gotten him beaten up, taken away his powers, made him Dawn’s errand boy, and– the last straw– even left him (he’s the second billed male) out of the credits entirely on one episode. All anybody was talking about at the beginning of the season was (a.) how hot Phoebe Tonkin is, and (b.) how terrifying Gale Harold is (and not in that order). Miller and Williamson couldn’t wait to throw that away. Even Britt Robertson said in interviews she wanted more scenes with him. Well, she didn’t get them. They used him to get huge publicity and excitement for the beginning, and they’ve made him do about a hundred interviews, and they’ve used it all for the sole benefit of the younger stars and a parade of expendable prettyboys and one-episode wonders. Why should I help them get a second season, only to be bait-and-switched all over again, and see my favorite actor disrespected? Screw them. If the teenyboppers could hold me, after a whole season of having them shoved down my throat, there’d be no need to build up Charles Meade at the very last minute. If Joe Lando were really as charismatic as they seem to think he is, there’d be no need for it either. They had a huge asset and they misused him. And if I see one more fangirlish tweet from Andrew Miller about Chris Zylka’s cleavage, I’m going to puke. Zylka can go on to a better show, and so can Gale Harold.

9. Kalin says:

I think Charles having to kill Amelia may have been one of those consequences caused by Blackwell. I love Gale in this clip and I’d much rather see Charles defeat Blackwell than the other way around. IMO Blackwell is all in it for himself and is using Cassie to get the power he wants.

10. Lauren says:

Hey guys let’s try to trend #WhoistheotherBlackwellchild on Twitter tonight to celebrate the return of TSC!

11. ducdebrabant says:

No, Lauren, I don’t believe I will.

12. june says:

Gale Harold has become a “Where’s Waldo”? for all his fans – after using him to draw all his fans in. He should be the centerpiece, the meat (so to speak) of this series. When is he ever going to get a starring role in a well written show.

13. ducdebrabant says:

And now his daughter, who looks just like him, isn’t even his daughter? Hating this show right now.

14. everydaynyc says:

I knew it was going to be Diana, it had to be, sister rivalry for the same love is classic crazy drama.. Plus in some of the early interviews some of the actors said that no one ends up being who you expect them to be – i.e good really ends up being evil , and visa versa. However I DONT think that Jon Blackwell is Diana’s father….I bet that Dianas mother was Jon Blackwells sister! She was a Balcoin and the two of them changed their names to hide but devised a plan to stay together to try to protect each other. So I think that Cassie and Diana are actually cousins. and that she is still charles daughter

Also the witch helping the Hunters is Grandma Kate, helllo?!!! Remember when she was fleeing town she had that talk with Charles about coming over to their side before he loses everyone by going down the path he was on. And she did try to kill Cassie. She’s obviously pretty powerful and since whoever is helping Eben is clearly strong she makes a very likely candidate….It cant be Melissas father since his generation was stripped of their power and they just found her families crystal tonite so he couldnt have been using that for power at least it appears that way.

Ohh and any idea on wtf Grant really is…..He looked a lot more that just emotionally rejected in the garage when they wouldnt let him help with the crystal…..To me he looked very…..interested and nosy in a way that didnt just seem like he was randomly curious about what Diana was up to with Adam and Mel….Im just saying.

However I am am really going to care f-ing less about any of it if they raise Nick from the dead. Im sorry that is just Jumping the f-ing shark and its only the first season. If there is somehow a way to bring back dead people by some power then they can all just bring back their lost parents and and Jane and Fayes Voodoo idiot boy, and grandpa Henry and all the rest, and so whats the freaking point??? Sorry um no, Nick stays dead…

• ducdebrabant says:

I hope you’re right about Diana’s parentage, because Charles’s love for his daughter is one of the few things about Charles that has worked from the beginning and that they have never messed with up to now. They’ve done just about everything they could (when Gale’s been on the show at all) to undermine the public’s interest in Charles Meade, in the weird belief that this interest, once taken away from Gale’s character, is transferrable to any of the other actors.

15. ducdebrabant says:

So typical of this show. They show you a clip of Charles being strong to rope you in, then when you watch, they feed him to some other more favored character. We get to see him say “I’ll bury you” to Blackwell, then on the episode Blackwell tricks him into killing another adult (that’s one more excellent actor of the older generation, playing an interesting part, who gets eliminated to mae more room for Chris Zylka and his deep-V tees), and we find out that Charles isn’t even the father of his daughter. That just encapsulates the way the show has treated Gale Harold, Charles Meade, and all of Gale Harold’s fans from the very beginning.