Ratings: Revenge Returns Steady, ABC's B—- Dips, SVU Hits New Low
ABC’s Revenge didn’t exactly return with a white-hot vengeance on Wednesday night, but in today’s ratings climate, “holding steady” gets chalked up as a big, fat win.
The freshman sudser came back from its seven-week-slash-interminable break with 7.6 million total viewers and a 2.3 rating, dipping just a tenth in the demo.
Time slot rival Law & Order: SVU (5.7 mil/1.5) meanwhile dropped 12 percent in the demo to hit a new series low. Keep Or Cut the long-running procedural? Get your vote in now!
Elsewhere on the night….
* American Idol’s Top 7 Sing-Off Redux drew 16.5 mil and a 4.7, down just a few percentage points week-to-week.
* Survivor was flat at 9.4 mil/2.7.
* Of ABC’s sitcoms, Suburgatory (5.8 mil/2.0) and Modern Family (10.1 mil/4.0) slipped just 5 percent each, while that very entertaining B—- in Apartment 23 (6.6 mil/2.6) was down 10 percent.
* Over on NBC, Off Their Rockers (6.2 mil/1.7) saw a slight uptick, Best Friends Forever (3.2 mil/0.9) added a few viewers and Rock Center (2.9 mil/0.7) surged double digits.
* Top Model grew 20 percent, hitting 1.35 mil and a 0.6.
What were you watching this Wednesday?