First Look Video: Glee Covers Whitney Houston's 'How Will I Know' - With a Twist

Glee is giving the Whitney Houston hit “How Will I Know” the acapella treatment.

In the following clip from next Tuesday’s tribute episode, Mercedes and her diva squad (Kurt included, natch) perform a stunning, stripped-down version of the late superstar’s ’80s dance classic.

Finale Spoiler Guide: Scoop on 55 Season-Enders (Glee Included)

Press PLAY and then hit the comments with your sure-to-be glowing reviews.

Loading video...

1. stittsyk says:

Beautiful! Such perfect voices together..

2. collins says:

this will be the first song i buy from Glee this season. undeniably fantastic.

3. Jeff says:

Works for me and it is great. The hormoines are wonderful.

4. ibs says:

Wow. That was amazing. I’m crying now… Bravo, Glee – good job!

5. rissa says:

They all look and sound amazing!

6. Julie says:

This is just beatuiful! THe arrangement is great and the voices blend together very well. They all sounded wonderful! I’m glad Naya didn’t oversing like she normally does. This is Mercedes moement and she didn’t overdo it. Chris and Lea were great in their parts, which were subtle and layered.

Well done, Glee!

7. Aurore says:

They’re so beautiful it hurts.

8. Michelle says:

That was amazing. I have tears streaming down my face. Thank you Glee. Thank you Amber, Lea, Naya and Chris. Best Glee performace ever.

9. Marianne says:

I LOVE this rendition.

10. yours truly says:

Stunning, but I wish they wouldn’t rely so heavily on auto tune. Especially not for these performers who CAN sing, very beautifully.

11. MLW says:

and I’m watching it again!

12. Romy says:

Remembering why I watch Glee now. THESE are the people who should be singing this much, not mediocre singers like Blaine.

13. Bianca says:

I need more of this and less of Blaine!

14. Kris says:

That was so beautiful! Definitely one of my favourite glee performances.

15. Tiffany says:

kinda wishing Santana had more vocals in this song

16. A says:

I miss Lea Michele. Like seriously the others were great and the song was amazing but I miss the old Rachel Berry who always sings beautifully and was ambitious and funny and always fighting for solos. Not the Rachel Berry who bases her decisions on all her songs on stupid Finn.

• Monkeyrat says:

If the reactions to last episode and the ratings are any indication, it’s safe to say that you’re definitely not the only one…

• Ana says:

I think it’s called ‘growing up’. Three years changes the perspective of a person. In the beginning she was also insecure, ridiculed and rejected by just about every one. She grew out of that stage as well. I think all the characters have grown and evolved as it should be. The selfish, bratty behavior just stops being cute or funny after a certain age. Rachel is still the same amazing singer, but so are the others and they deserve a chance to shine as well. IMO.

• Kim says:

She can grow but still keep her drive. Glee has made it as if having drive for Rachel is a bad thing. Also the other have shined, tired of that talk. Santana and Mercedes have sung as much as Rachel this season and have sung in more epsidoes. The only person who hasn’t really had a chance to shine much is Tina and spoilers seem to indicate she getting her chance soon.

• A says:

Thank you! There’s nothing wrong with her growing up but I mean they practically changed her entire personality to revolve around Finn over the past season. At the beginning of this season she was so driven to go to NY and to see her in the last episode say that she won’t go if he doesn’t want to. That pissed me off. She has real dreams that she has been trying to accomplish since the show started whereas he has no clue what he wants (which is understandable but still). Seriously, all of a sudden he wants to be an actor in one episode. I’m okay with Glee storylines not always making sense sometimes and being a little bit rushed, but this marriage storyline and her actually saying she’d give up her dreams to do what he wants was just stupid and annoying.

Also these last few episodes should be devoted to the seniors only in my opinion since they are graduating. Tina, Blaine, and all the others who aren’t graduating should be put on the back burner till next season.

• Monkeyrat says:

“All of a sudden he wants to be an actor in one episode” >> Yes, it was so ridiculous that I wasn’t even able to laugh at the stupidity of it.

First, Finn wanted to play football. When he found out that he can’t, he wanted to join the military, because learning about his father was an eye opener, a real calling, and he wanted to restore his honor. Surprisingly enough, when people talked him out of it, he didn’t give a second thought about it. Sorry Papa Hudson’s memory. Then he thought of taking over Burt’s garage for lack of anything better. Then Puck came up with his pool cleaning business in L.A. idea, which he seriously considered for like 15 minutes.

Now he says that he always wanted to be an actor deep down, despite the fact that he never even remotely expressed that wish over the course of three seasons.

Wait for an episode or two, I’m pretty sure he’s going to suddenly have a burning desire to become a videogame developper, a firefighter, a chef or whatever “dream” TPTB wants him to pursue that week.

Meanwhile, Rachel Berry has and always had one and only dream since the beginning of the show: go to NYC and end up on Broadway someday. But hey, it’s ok if she puts her dreams aside for a while, as long as Finn finds his own path. Also, she said it herself (or should I say her avatar): maybe Finn’s dreams are bigger than hers. She evolved, you know… now she’s “more than a woman”.

More like a dramatic downgrade from Rachel “don’t rain on my parade” Berry IMO, but who cares. Certainly not RIB apparently. It’s not like she was the star of their show or anything.

Oh well. At least she sings. Sometimes.

17. Cassandra says:

I’m actually shaking…Every time i’m going to drop GLEE they come out with things like this…THIS IS INCREDIBLE!
    By far the most beautiful perfomance ever!
    These 4 are AMAZING? Why do the never sing together?

18. bookworm87 says:

Honestly, I’ve never thought that Amber Riley’s voice was all that great, so I didn’t really like this one very much.

19. Sarah says:

i stopped watching glee after this year’s horrendous holiday episode. and i honestly don’t miss it. but this video was phenomenal. if glee was like this every week i would have never stopped watching!

20. Enza says:

Amazing!

21. Juan says:

Why can’t a larger percentage of Glee performances be like this, instead of the insanely auto-tuned Duran Duran piece from Big Brother?
    and Matt Bomer has an astounding voice that doesn’t even need that auto-tuning.

22. Trista says:

Great harmony!

23. Larissa says:

omg that was beautiful. that seriously gave me the chills. perfection.

24. matthew c says:

that was EXCELLENT! I loved it.

25. LC says:

loved every bit of it. These 4 can sing and harmonize very lovely together. :)

26. Renee says:

Glee can do no wrong all of them are fab.
    Thank you Glee cast for all of the great work you do.

27. Ana says:

Glee gets a rep for being a vapid, cheesy show but this shows how amazingly talented these performers are. Beyond the inappropriate, campy behavior of their characters and sometimes failed comedic attempts and the over the top gimmicks, at the core, this is a cast of deeply, deeply talented and gifted artists. A singer cannot hide behind the music when singing a capella and they pull it off beautifully here. Found new respect for these kids.

28. Jenny says:

Beautiful!! I’m excited for this episode.

29. Brittany says:

The show’s 4 diva’s! Love this. I keep replaying this!!!

30. Linderella says:

Worked great! Awesome tribute. Absolutely beautiful.

31. Lisa says:

LOVE IT !!!

32. IBrokeTheMold28 says:

Love this version! Of course nobody can do it like Whitney but this is awesome :)

33. FairyTaleLover says:

Jesus people, just go to Youtube and look it up!

34. Heather says:

Um, is it me or were Mercedes and Santana sharing some loaded looks through those bookshelves? Idk what that was, but I ship it. Hard.

• stop says:

what i hate most about the glee fandom every thing has to go down to shipping something. Also the constant need to pretend everyone is gay .

So silly.

35. kitqt says:

lol this performance just embarrassed everything else glee has tried to do this year. stop giving autotuned mess solos to people. Especially Blaine.

36. Lauren says:

Man some of you are so obsessed with Blaine it cracks me up. Why even mention him in a video that he isnt in? There’s a thin line between love and hate it seems…

• truth says:

Cause they know he will pop his over gelled hair up in a song and make it totally mediocre when better singers get nothing.

37. Chelsea says:

I can’t wait til Blaine sings his song next ep and everyone freaks out because he has another song.

• stittsyk says:

I can’t wait for the better vocalists to totally outshine and outclass him, again. It’s entertaining to watch, in a ha ha sort of way.

38. Ella says:

Very cool. Although, I would have loved to see the fast, original version as well.

39. Kathryn says:

that was great…why don’t they dress like that on the red carpet??? esp amber and naya.

40. disappointed that... says:

Kevin or Jenna were not on this instead of Chris. Then it would have been so much better and then a song with the best singers in the cast.

• Here with Stupid says:

Did you just really say that? Chris being part of this adds to their great harmonies + these characters hold their own when put together. If Kevin and Jenna would have been in it, it would have made no sense! Jenna maybe as Tina, but here they’re talking about their expectations for the future, the Seniors. So before you criticize someone as talented as Chris with your petty input think before you print. Idiot.

41. Vivi says:

Pentatonix does this better.

42. gleek says:

amazing flawless shaking crying overly emotional just wow one of my favorite glee songs! and about the whole rachel berry thing that everyones saying look im a HUGE rachel fan and yes she changed but she changed from a selfish girl who was a afriad to let others in to a girl who finally found her true love and she wasnt really going to give up NY….she was just saying that and showing finn they will figure it out and why does finn get so much hate it really amazes me like just stop….and blaine gets way to many songs like i love him but its really annoying give the seniors a chance

43. duranmom says:

THis was amazing. Great tribute.

44. Karen says:

WOW!! that was so irresistibly good. Can’t wait to watch it on my 60 inch tv. It will be even better then. Doing this song acapella was genius. If they graduate this group of 4, who will fill their shoes? Tina and Artie can’t do it all. I hope they have more characters to come that can sing this good. Oh by the way….. I watched my version through AOL

45. G says:

There can never be too much naya Rivera for me. She is a great singer and actress.