Community Hot Shots: Law & Order Lives!

Dun-dun! Community‘s hotly-anticipated Law & Order homage is just one week away (airing Thursday, April 26), and we’ve got your first look at the incredibly innovative (and eerily accurate) installment. Plus, find out which mothership vet makes a surprise cameo!

In “Basic Lupine Urology”, the Greendale gang — collectively donning the procedural’s signature trench coats — works tirelessly to investigate the alleged sabotage of their yam-sprouting science experiment. And who better to help solve the crime than Leslie Hendrix, aka longtime Law & Order medical examiner Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers?

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes — Including Community!

Take a peek at the pics below — including two of Hendrix — and then hit the comments with your snappy judgements on what we promise is a thoroughly enjoyable tribute to the long-running drama franchise.

Comments (21)

• EPIC!

Comment by anniesboobs – April 19, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is no way I’d CHANG the channel on this one.

Comment by Carmichael – April 19, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for the Spiderman tie! Perfect.

Comment by Aimee – April 19, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • six seasons and a movie!

Comment by Russ – April 19, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Munch?

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 19, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my gosh, that would be awesome if they got him! They probably didn’t, but I’ll hold onto some hope.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 19, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg that would be awesome! *crosses fingers*

Comment by Jess – April 20, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Todd! Well, I’m stoked.

Comment by Vixela – April 19, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is the other actor in the ‘Todd’ pic Michael Ironside? He’s not credited in the photo. What character does he play in the episode?

Comment by Nic – April 19, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, that’s Ironside.

I wonder if they’ll replace dun-dun with Chang-Chang…

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 19, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I have been waiting for this! Abed is channeling a pretty good Lennie Briscoe there. I can’t quite figure out who Troy is supposed to be. Which cop on the show wore a leather coat? My gut is saying Logan.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 19, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t Benjamin Bratt’s character Ray wear a leather coat?

Comment by Jeff – April 20, 2012 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Logan is correct.

Comment by Auntie J – April 20, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MOTHERFREAKING M.E. RODGERS. Sorry for my enthusiasm but I’m sort of an unhinged L&O freak.

Comment by Mía – April 19, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rodgers: I got another body coming in. Guy took a javelin to the chest.
    Briscoe: Why are you still in this line of work?
    Rodgers: Free javelins.

Comment by Mía – April 19, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CAN. NOT. WAIT!!! The only better than watching my favorite show is watching it combine with my favorite cancelled show!

Comment by Mal – April 20, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rodgers!! Woo Hoo!! I love shout-outs like this.

Comment by Amiee – April 20, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in and I don’t even watch this show! Love Rodgers!

Comment by Toby – April 20, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best. Title. EVER.

Comment by heather_kaye – April 20, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m LOVING Troy and Abed in those trench coats. The pictures of them standing by the sinks make me smile for some weird reason.
    Yeah. I have a passing enough familiarity with “Law & Order”, so I’m very curious to see their take on it, but even if I didn’t know of the show, I’d still be excited. I’ve heard so much talk about this episode, I can’t wait to finally see it for myself. Thanks for the pictures!

Comment by Angela – April 20, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post