Idol Leaderboard: Who Is Your Favorite from the Top 7? (Take Our Poll!)

idol colton skylarAfter last week’s Judges’ Save spared Jessica Sanchez, American Idol returns tonight with Top 7: Part Deux, featuring a “Then & Now” theme of contestants covering a contemporary track (2000-2010) and an old soul ditty.

Who has momentum heading into the live show, and who can already see cracks in the ice forming under their feet? Check out my contestant rankings, then take our poll and vote for your own favorite!

American Idol: 10 Dream Theme Nights!

7. Hollie Cavanagh (Previously No. 7) | Charming teenager managed to escape the Bottom 3 last week despite a slightly sleepy rendition of Pink’s “Perfect.” But while the judges’ rough comments probably earned her a one-week sympathy reprieve, she’ll need a Major Idol Moment during Top 7 Redux Week to avoid elimination.

6. Elise Testone (Previously No. 3) | Unlike some of her rivals, Elise’s voting support seems to be only as solid as her most recent performance. So while “Vienna” and “Whole Lotta Love” still rank as some of the season’s strongest performances, she’s landed in the Bottom 3 the last two weeks thanks to a strained “I Want to Know What Love Is” and a good-if-not-spectacular “You and I.” Needs to get fans on her bandwagon — and keep them there — if she wants a Top 5 finish.

Idology: Heejun Han on Asian Clichés, Cowboy Drama, Hilfiger-Gate and His One Idol Regret

5. Phillip Phillips (Previously No. 1) | One of only two contestants this season to never land in the Bottom 3, and while he fits the guitar-slingin’, song-rearrangin’ hottie profile that’s been very successful in recent Idol seasons, his last couple of efforts (“That’s All” and “Give a Little More”) have felt like watered-down renditions of his superior prior performances. Needs to embrace the idea of challenging himself (maybe reworking an R&B or country track?) and growing as an artist, or he could face a surprise early exit.

4. Joshua Ledet (Previously No. 4) | Whether or not you enjoy his over-the-top soul style, you can’t say he’s missed many notes during seven weeks of live performances. White-hot Top 7 take on “Runaway Baby” may have landed him in the Bottom 3, but it proved he can handle contemporary uptempo material with style and sex appeal to spare. Needs to consider a stripped down, intimate performance — think Fantasia’s “Summertime,” or Bo Bice’s “In a Dream” — to solidify his position as the season heads toward hometown visits.

3. Jessica Sanchez (Previously No. 2) | Scored the first “Idol Moment” of the season delivering a pitch-perfect “I Will Always Love You” on Top 13 night, but the judges now seem to hold her to a superhigh standard when it comes to doling out praise. And yet while unrealistic expectations may have led to her near-exit (stopped by the Judges’ Save) last week, there’s still a feeling that she hasn’t tapped into the gut-busting brand of soul she unleashed in her Vegas week performances. In any event, her brush with elimination should only serve to rally her fan base out of any kind of complacency. Seems like a Top 5 lock.

2. Skylar Laine (Previously No. 6) | Country firecracker has mixed uptempo rockers with big diva ballads that punctuate both her performance energy and serious pipes.Plus, she’s managed to communicate more about her persona in pre-performance clips than most of her competitors. Bringing out the guitar — and a storyteller vibe — for “Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You” was a smart move, too. If Lauren Alaina could make it all the way to No. 2 without Skylar’s breezy confidence, then the latter gal might be able to go the distance.

1. Colton Dixon (Previously No. 5) | Aside from occasional hiccups in the pitch and pronunciation departments, Colton has marched through seven weeks of live shows without a serious misstep, and last week’s intimate, piano-driven “Love the Way You Lie” was his strongest performance yet. He’s changed up tempo, lyrical content, and gender association in his song choices — and takes the competition seriously while still exhibiting a sense of humor. Plus, he might be peaking at just the right time.

Who is your Season 11 favorite? Vote in the poll below, then explain your picks in the comments!

1. angelstorm says:

lol so when I got to vote it was 50% Jessica, 50% Joshua ! 0% everyone else !!

• Joseph says:

I think Michael is pretty off because there is not a chance in heck of Hollie Cavanagh going home this week if we have a single elimination. Not saying she has the best technique but one of the Judge favorites will go home before Hollie.

2. JAO says:

I love Skylar, Joshua, and Elise…

3. casey says:

it’s really interesting how close these results are!

• noa says:

and that constant underdog Elise is always in the lead. if only Idology viewers represented the rest of the voting public!

• Ann says:

They do. The only difference is the young people texting their votes multiple times. Fans of Elise don’t have time to waste phoning into busy lines and texting all night.

• FreeHaley says:

Interestingly the person who got the most votes for Team Xtina on The Voice this week overall actually had the lowest downloads on iTunes, so yeah, power voting definitely can skew things.

• phoebe says:

Are you still single?? Here to find Soul Mate,meet cool interracial friends and someone single special—>B’l’a’c’k’W’h’i’t’e’P’l’a’n’e’t.c’0’m<-
            ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ Where To Seek The  Serious Relationship?
            Where  To Enjoy  The  Wealthy And Romantic Feeling?
            Where  Has The Best  Service  Fame?Interracial single LIKE Black, White girls and men ?
            It’s  Here! –

• SallyinChicago says:

Elise has a problem choosing the “right” song. She should be true to herself.

4. Lunakit says:

Ugh! Ever since I heard someone say that Colton sings like Peter Brady (teehee!) I can’t get that out of my head when I hear him. *When it’s time to chaaAAAnngeee…*

5. aljal says:

Gotta go with my girl Skylar. She’s the only one I could see myself purchasing music from or seeing in concert.

• Caribbean Girl says:

All I hear this girl sing IS THRU HER NOSE !!!!!!!!!!!! SHE CANT SING SHE CANT TALK, & SHE NEEDS TO PUT THE CURTIAN BACK ON THE WINDOW THAT SHE WORE WITH THE LEATHER TO NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

6. MamaLis says:

I honestly still don’t know if last week’s “Crazy Bottom 3/Save Moment” was “organic” or not, to use your phrasing. It seemed statistically improbable that Jessica – having never even seen the bottom 3 – suddenly not only lost a “portion” of her fan base, but plummeted to the very bottom. Just talking numbers – at this point in the competition – that’s a huge fall. Another poster said the truth could be found if she lands in that position again. [If she doesn't end up in the bottom again, last week was unlikely.] Though your explanation above – that her fan base is now “rallied” – could justify it. I don’t know, the whole thing felt odd.

• Templar says:

Not as incongruous as it seems. it took this long for Michael and Melinda to realize the lack of emotional connection to her songs and they’re pros. The viewers took a little while to spot this problem with Pia and Thia, too. Same problem, delayed reaction.

• Bobbi says:

Jessica showed more of her talent from her Vegas audition this week. Actually thought Elise and Jessica should have switched their Alicia songs. Both did really well and surprised me. I don’t like Fallin myself but Jessica did her take on it which I liked a lot. It’s the one song that Alicia does which causes her to sound strained on the chorus and Jessica went the other way with it which was refreshing.

7. Beth t says:

So as of this post Elise/Colton are 1/2.
    How I wish Idol voters went the way of Slezak voters!

8. blingedup says:

1) Elise
    2) Skylar
    3) Everyone else

9. Julie Taylor is a brat says:

I have no idea how to rank them, but I gotta say that there’s something to be said about Elise’s resilience in this competition. I don’t know if I can remember someone who’s been in the bottom 3 almost every week and stuck around this long. If Jessica was really eliminated (and I’m still sketchy about that….) she’s already ahead of Jessica’s pace.

I’d still rank Joshua high for the simple fact that people were clamoring to vote for Hollie last week (and Skylar for being 1st on Wednesday) and they’ll probably lose some of those votes this week. Sadly I think my top 3 is Colton, P2, Joshua (and only one of them deserves it.) and the girls will have to fight for who joins them. It will probably be Skylar unless the bus comes for her once they’ve successful tainted Hollie’s pretty blonde hair with tire grease. Me thinks it will. Or the save will propel Jessica for awhile and she can sneak in there. A week ago, I was 100% she’d make at least top 3, now I’m worried she won’t make top 4-5.

If P2 can stink up the place like he has the last few weeks while simultaneously refusing the advice of everyone on the show and not hit the B3, he’ll be here longer than he deserves. I’m almost ready to give in and use the tired “no girl can ever win this show again” meme. I was so hopeful for this season too.

It’s just a little too sad that 2 white guys in this year’s top 13 and the only 2 to not hit the B3 so far are those 2 white guys. America, land of diversity : /

• Mark says:

” I don’t know if I can remember someone who’s been in the bottom 3 almost every week and stuck around this long”

Um, Hailey, last season…In the bottom 3 four times from top 13 to top 7… Pretty much the same arc as Elise this year.

• Julie Taylor is a brat says:

lol me. Well then maybe Elise will give a performance that solidifies her in the competition like Haley’s RITTD at this point last season. (I’ve actually read that someone is singing that this week. Eery if it’s Elise.)

• noa says:

i saw the song list on twitter. i’m kinda hoping she’s doing an Alicia Keys song- there are 2 of them. my guess (could be wayyy off)- Skylar is doing Rolling in the Deep. i hope Elise is doing No One.

10. dude says:

I’m worried about Joshua. Every time he has gone up-tempo, he’s been in the bottom 3. The one time he tried a slow and restrained performance, it didn’t go so well. I’m worried he feels like he has to solely sing in an over-the-top style to get through, which will inevitably get him eliminated.

11. noa says:

i’m thinking that at this point Elise is my all-time favorite AI contestant. and there are some that i LOVED before. but i feel like she’s going to make an album that i won’t stop listening to, and that i would really like to see her in concert. this has never happened to me with an AI contestant before. i usually forget about them a little after the show… and maybe just go back to see their songs while on the show- not original stuff. so I’m going with Elise. having said that- i know that in other seasons most of these contestants could have been my favorite. this is a great group, tonight should be amazing.

• LEM says:

Elise is my fave. I’ve seen her perform in Charleston a few years ago. It didn’t surprise me when I found out she was trying out for Idol, let alone make it this far. Go Elise!!

• MA says:

I feel that way too. I think she’s my favorite contestant ever. Her sound, look, personality, everything. I don’t know why a lot of people don’t get her, but I do and think she’s spectacular.

• Made says:

I totally agree! Elise is the best contestant this season. So, stop posting here and VOTE-VOTE-VOTE for her!!! And Michael, this is the first time I’m disappointed on you :( You should be backing up Elise a lot more! My question is, at this point: whose album/song whatnot I would buy? Whose concert I would pay money to go? ELISE is my only answer this season.
      OK. *breath in, breath out* If you and Melinda don’t praise her performances tonight as you should, I will never follow/read/retweet anything that you say. Not that’s very important to YOU but is it to ME…

12. Sylvie says:

Colton is the only one who is the whole package. Great singer, performer, musician, attractive, smart choices, great personality. All the others are boring.

13. noa says:

so this is my personal rankings:
    1. Elise
    2. Jessica
    3. Joshua
    4. Skylar
    5. Phillip
    6. Colton
    7. Hollie

i love how uncertain everything is this season.

• Crissa says:

That’s exactly my ranking as well. Hope that many other Idol voters will think the same.

• Sandi says:

Funny, that’s almost my personal ranking as well but in reverse order. Reverse them and switch Jessica and Hollie and we’re on the same page. ;)

• Kate says:

I agree with Sandi. Reverse it, switch Jessica and Hollie, then put Jessica in number 1. That’s my list. I love Jessica. I think Elise is good too, but for some reason, I just don’t like her.

• Tim says:

Swap Jessica and Elise and that’s mine.

• Mary says:

I would put Elise on the bottom and move everyone else up one. Sorry I do not care for Elise
      at all.

• Caribbean Girl says:

Elise & Joshua Are The Only Ones that Can Sing.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wierd Things Are Going On With The Judges, They Have To Be Hearing How Good Elise Is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ann says:

I agree with you completely. The top three are definitely Josh, Jessica, and Elise…too bad the real final three will probably end up being Skylar, Colton, and Phillip…with Colton and Phillip duking it out in the finale.

• Marie says:

that’s my top 3 as well. Based on pure talent alone, Josh, Elise and Jess are the strongest. The idea that Colton, P2 and Skylar would finish past them makes me cringe

• FreeHaley says:

I have only watched parts of this season but perhaps:
      1. Elise (for sure)
      2. Colton
      7. Skylar

• I thought of it this way: whose album would I be most likely to buy? Stick these 7 in the studio of my mind, and who would be most likely to put out something I like?

1. Hollie
      2. Elise
      3. Phillip
      4. Joshua
      5. Skylar
      6. Colton
      7. Jessica

This does not reflect the order I think they will finish on the show, however. But I’d probably buy Hollie’s album and play the snot out of it; same with Elise’s. Phillip and Joshua I’d probably buy several of their singles. Skylar’s album I’d probably buy and play once a year when I was in the mood for country. Colton… maybe a single or two. I can’t see buying or enjoying anything off of Jessica’s album at all.

14. MamaLis says:

I love the Idology, btw, and the little fading box of Slezak. Totally hilarious!!!!

15. Chris says:

I chose Elise because at this point she’s the only one I know I’d consider buying original music from and going to see live. She is at home on stage in front of a band.
    Jessica is a close second…but I can’t say with 100% conviction yet that I’d buy her originals. I know I wouldn’t go see her live.
    The rest are talented but I highly doubt I’d buy their music or go see them live regardless of where their careers go (or where they top out in the competition).

16. Sam says:

I agree with the list, except for Joshua. Ending up in the bottom 3 with his best only means no one likes him enough to vote crazy like the others’ fans. And I don’t blame the public. The shrillness of his voice and the awkward dancing just make me cringe every single week.

17. Tom says:

Here’s how I rank them.

1. Elise – Arguably, she’s had the most moments this season with “Vienna” and “Whole Lotta Love.” She isn’t the most consistent, but when she’s on her game, she’s magic. Her voice is divisive (which is probably why she keeps ending up in the bottom), but I personally love it as I do all unique, refreshing voices. If she avoids repeating Gaga and Adele tonight in favor of, say, Alicia Keys, and throws in some Sam Cooke, Otis, or Wilson Pickett, then I’d say she may have another fantastic showing tonight.
    2. Joshua – Easily the best male vocalist left. “When a Man Loves a Woman” was easily his defining moment, but he has yet to top it for me (although he’s been mostly solid since then). I wish he’ll avoid that dreck that is “I Believe,” although I doubt it. But if he let’s it rip on “Try a Little Tenderness,” I think he’ll steal the show. But if he veers toward Marvin Gaye, he’ll be in trouble.
    3. Jessica – She’s ready for the industry with her technically flawless voice. Narrowly missed being Pia’d last week, so she’ll have to ramp it up (although I think she’ll be safe regardless). She could nail Alicia Keys, but I’m a bit lost on the ‘then’ soul song. Earth, Wind & Fire perhaps?
    4. Skylar – She’s a little spitfire with an infectious personality and strong country stylings. I’m not a huge country fan, but I adore Skylar’s voice and storytelling. She should mix it up this week, so instead of Adele or Dusty Springfield, she should countrify Lady Gaga and then opt for either countrified Marvin Gaye or Wilson Pickett.
    5. Colton – Alt singer who has had some ups and downs with me, although he surged last week with his great cover of “Love the Way You Lie.” I’m expecting another redone hit – Lady Gaga, most likely. Then perhaps some Otis, Marvin Gaye or Sam Cooke for his second song.
    6. Phillip – He’s growing stale for me. The past few weeks have kind of jumbled together, as he’s been playing it too safe. I want him to remix Usher or… yes… Adele, and then sing something unexpected, like Earth, Wind & Fire. Although he’ll more likely opt for a safer pick, like Marvin Gaye, Wilson Pickett or Otis Redding.
    7. Hollie – She has a good voice, but her weakenesses have slowly emerged every week. She needs a little more time to mature. This week I can see her trying to stay in her comfort zone, so I’m expecting Adele and Dusty as her choices. Indeed, if she does do that, she may as well start packing her bags, as there’s no way either song will give her the moment she desperately needs to stay on.

• Chris says:

I don’ t know who left in the comp could pull of Earth, Wind and Fire… That was DeAndre’s wheelhouse. and one that will be interesting to see who might pull it off.

• gailer says:

This would have been DeAndre’s night. No wonder they didnt save him. Another conspiracy theory on my part. lol

• FreeHaley says:

Not a bad ranking, although I’d move Colton to her spot and Skylar down a ways.

I liked Philip at first but he does seem to be getting stale.

Hollie has a great voice at times but between her brainy way of over-thinking things coupled with all the crazy input and bashing down they give her they have kind of muddled her up I think, sad to say. She still does better than they give her credit for despite all their attempts at ruining her. Elise and Jessica are doing better than her though, certainly.

Elise had the best of the season and tends to be interesting. Not as many moments as Haley. My season favorite right from the first main round. The only one who really had anything to catch my attention fully. (And actually grew up only a couple miles away from me as I found out last week, just over the border in good old Kinnelon, NJ)

Colton actually has had some good performances. I’d way rather Elise over him but I don’t think he is as bad as the bashing he gets at times. He does seem kinda of American Idol-like.

Jessica usually sings really well (although she was really weak vocally to start that Clarkson group song) although sometimes she seems a touch programmed somehow. She seemed more natural, oddly enough, this week when she ended up last. She certainly deserves to be up there somewhere near the top and not at the bottom group.

Joshua is very good, but I’m not personally crazy about that style, I can see how it can be argued he belongs top 2 or 3 for sure but sometimes he goes a little too far for my tastes.

I find Sklyar’s voice very annoying, so twangy country country and the whole gun toting, etc. etc. blahh. A lot of time she really didn’t seem to sing all that well even ignoring my biases although I do have to admit she has had some stronger moments such as much of this week and the very last part of the week before.

18. NikkiQM says:

I know there will be many who disagree with me but I just dont like Elise’s voice at all and on top of it she personally comes off as a little angry. She’s been very inconsistant with her performances amd last weeks “You and I” was just mediocre to me. I know we all say we shouldnt draw comparisons to previous Idol performances but Elise’s “You and I” was nothing compared to Hailey’s version, she slayed it.

• gailer says:

Hailey is going to be at Lollapalooza this year. And I agree about Elise, dont see the appeal. But I think they all are weak at this point. Which is par for the course on Idol.

19. Sandi says:

Phil Phil is way too low on this ranking. He’s not my favorite at all but, as you said Slezak, he’s one of only two left that have never been in the bottom 3. Even on this poll (as it stands now) he’s third. I’d put his chances of winning above Jessica and probably Joshua as well.

20. jaime says:

so, remind me (and i apologize if this has been answered already), but are they eliminating 2 tonight? or because of Jermaine’s disqualification, are they a week ahead and will only eliminate 1?

• Tom22 says:

I’d kinda guess that they didn’t want to shorten the season because a contestant dropped out.

They could handle that a couple ways, including making the decision after the producers looked at the vote counts.

21. Randi says:

- I think I may be the only one on here that can’t stand Jessica. Yes she can sing, but if you watch how she acts on result show nights, she always has this “Yeah whatever I KNOW I’m good” act going on. I think she still has little growing up to do. I may be the only one who has noticed it but it gets on my nerves. I’ve even gotten to the point where I fast forward through her performances. I did the same thing with DeAndre(sp?) and Heejun(sp?).

-My top 3 are Colton, Elise, and Skylar. I could care less which one of them wins- beginning to lean toward Colton though. I would buy each of their albums. After them the order goes Joshua, Phillip, Hollie, and Jessica. Hollie maybe very meticulous but at least she doesn’t have a holier-than-thou attitude.

• gailer says:

i dont like jessica either. nothing would get me to buy music like that

• Templar says:

I have no problem with any attitude of hers. I just can’t stand to listen to her. Don’t like her song choices and don’t like her lack of spirit when she sings.

• Bobbi says:

Jessica’s shy when not on stage and I don’t get that snobbish impression at all. Every one of these idols have had moments when they don’t react the way we who sit at home viewing would expect them to. Case in point tonight was Joshua whom I was trying to will from my living room to say something when Ryan asked him about “foreshadowing”.Jessica’s so good at her young age that people can’t believe she can be humble but not outwardly show it so much. The candid way she answered the stage rush from last week was vastly different than what most people thought. Quite honestly at this point people will just say the same thing over and over again. I doubt any idol will change someone who already has a preconceived notion of their personality at this point.

• Kate says:

Jessica has never given me that impression. She seems very sweet and humble to me.

22. George R says:

The whole Phillip mocking thing is getting old he has never been in the bottom three PEOPLE LIKE HIM THEY REALLY LIKE HIM obviously. I know Im a contrarian as I sent some votes to Hollie after they abused her so relentlessly, but cmon Phillip might not adhere to anyones suggestions but he is sailing along!!

• darcy's evil twin says:

I agree with your comments about P2. I would also argue Colton is a bit overrated but he sure sounds an awful lot like what’s on contemporary radio to me.

23. Niki says:

Phillip is my personal favorite; i can’t wait to buy his CD

My rankings:
    Phillip
    Colton
    Jessica
    Skylar
    Joshua
    Elise
    Holly

24. Isabelle says:

Colton, Phil and Hollie get my vote every week. And no I’m not some teenage girl I just enjoy the guys style more and will support them after the show too.

25. Joe says:

Here’s my rankings;
    1. Skylar – She has swooped to the top of my list since every performance she does excites me. She’s the total package when it comes to vocals, stage presence, personality. I’m stunned I even feel this way as I was anti-country Idol as anyone after the results of last year, but Skylar would have cleaned Hee Haw Barbie’s clock last year and probably given Scotty a run for his money. She’s my #1 by a nose.
    2. Joshua – The guy has a legendary voice. The kind of voice you don’t hear anymore. It’s a throwback sound, but after he slayed the Bruno Mars song I can now see him as a contemporary artist more than I could before. One of my favorite Idol contestants in a very long time and he never disappoints. He loses to Skylar for me because of an X-factor I can’t explain that she has.
    3. Colton – I want to not like Colton, but I can’t help it. His worst performance was Time After Time and even that was good. His most recent performance was his best and I have a feeling he’s building up to something better. I like that he plays piano.
    4.Jessica – Should be #1, but she doesn’t pull the emotion out of me that she should. It’s like watching a good athlete do their job well. One of the best vocalists they’ve had but there’s something personality wise that doesn’t connect as strong as the 3 above. I think it’s a combination of she’s too young and too good. Those shouldn’t be criticisms, but they don’t seem to add up well. That said, she’s beautiful, can sing anyone under the table and will have a long career. I’m not sure why it’s not connecting totally for me.
    5. Elise – Forgive me, but I think she’s riding Haley’s coattails. I think she’s getting a lot further than she should have because Haley paved the way for her last season. People who loved Haley seem to get behind Elise as a way to keep defending Haley. It’s bizarre. She’s a good singer. She’s had a couple of great moments. I like her personality. But I think that she’s Haley 2.0 and it all feels a little too soon-y for me.
    6. Hollie – I love her voice. She has a power pop voice. She’s just too raw. They were right not to put her through last season and maybe they should have waited on her this season. She tries very hard, her vocals sound good to me but her stage presence is just not right. I agree with everyone who thinks she is better in the group numbers.
    7. Phillip – Unoriginal. Derivative. Would like to see him attempt a song not like Dave Matthews stylistically to see what kind of artist he really is in there. Starting off quiet acoustic & then going into full band throwdown with screaming vocal at the end is the hallmark of a Dave Matthews song. As an Dave impersonator, he’s probably the best I’ve seen though so he should be given credit for that.

• Tarc says:

Sorry, but like pretty much everyone in the biz that’s been on the show, I find Phillip to be remarkably original and innovative. You’re confusing Phillip for Jessica (clones Whitney every other week), or Hollie.

• Layla says:

“clones Whitney every week” Jessica did not sound like Whitney, Beyonce, Alicia or Otis tonight. She sounded like Jessica and she put a ton of soul on tonight’s songs. Also enjoyed that she softened up her look. I think whomever was applying her makeup was actually giving her a more severe look and tonight I saw more nuances on her expressions. She looked younger and more relatable as a teen.

• LM says:

I’m a Haley fan who loves Elise because they both have soulful, bluesy, unique voices. It has nothing to do with defending Haley or whatever. That’s silly.

26. Brigette says:

I want the top three to be Elise, Skylar, and Jessica, but I know that’s only in my dreams. I will be so irritated if P2 and Colton are the top 2. White boys with instruments, taking over the world…

27. Name That Tune. says:

Agree 100% with MS’ rankings, but I still see P2 as top 4. He’s on a James Durbin type of run, only he isn’t as good as JD.

28. darcy's evil twin says:

I’m sticking with my order.
    Elise is my favorite, followed by P2 and Joshua, not necessarily in that order depending on the performance.
    Skylar probably comes in fourth for me. She is very good and probably has an excellent shot at winning.
    After that I like Hollie, and then Colton or Jessica.
    But I think the top 3 will be Colton, P2, and Skylar.

29. Davey says:

Oh dear, Michael’s love for Skylar continues. No way is she no. 2!

• Emma says:

Can’t under-estimate the country vote. When it got down to the top 4 last year I was 100% sure it would be a Haley/James final 2, I would have bet money on it. Sadly it ending up being the exact opposite, a country teen idol hoe down show down. SMDH.

30. Davey says:

Jessica, Elise, Joshua, Colton, Phillip, Skylar, Hollie. That’s my order.
    Though I think Skylar is talented I’m just not a country fan and would never buy her album. And I like her more than Lauren and Scotty.

31. kateshomesick says:

What I think will happen:

1.Colton
    2.Phillip
    3.Jessica
    4.Elise
    5.Hollie
    6.Skylar
    7.Joshua

what I would like to happen:

1.Phillip
    2.Colton
    3.Skylar
    4.Elise
    5.Joshua
    6.Jessica
    7.Hollie

32. ToM says:

With All the positive feed back i see about Elise…Make sure to VOTE for her tonight!

33. Karen O says:

Look at that spread! Tight race this year. Whatever, I like Joshua.

34. James says:

As of this post Colton is number one baby! Elise right behind and Jessica and Phillip right after…

35. Justin says:

Really hope Elise and Joshua nail it tonight. They don’t have the “bible belt appeal” and thus don’t have the luxury of coasting along on less-than-stellar performances like Colton, Skylar and Phillip have been doing. Jessica will have a temporary boost from this past week, so it’ll be down to Elise, Hollie or Joshua as to who goes home. I’ll just say I hope it’s neither Elise nor Joshua who gets booted and leave it at that.

36. MA says:

My rankings would be…
    Elise
    Skylar
    Phillip or Joshua
    Colton
    Jessica
    Hollie

I don’t get all the Elise/Haley comparisons or hate. Ok, they’re both blond, they’re both sort of vintage, they’re both underdogs, and they both seem to have a really strong sense of self. But as singers and performers they’re totally different. Haley has a very pure tone to her voice, like ringing a bell. And even though I loved her and she was good on stage, she wasn’t a pro and you could see that sometimes. Elise has a voice that’s like grit and gravel and hard work. She’s capable of producing a really beautiful sound, but that’s not her wheelhouse. She’s all badass power, and no one on this season is more comfortable in front of an audience than she is. There’s no fear in her and no hesitation, at least none that she lets you see. But why compare them at all? Isn’t there room in the world for two cool blond chicks?

37. FreeHaley says:

Hollie had a pretty good start there. Finally unleashed. Not as interesting or magical as Haley’s but very well sung and done with quite a power voice take on it. Judges actually praised it (although Randy had to add in a few weird little snipes about pitchy).

38. FreeHaley says:

Wow, Elise had a GREAT one!

39. Donna says:

David Cook could take Phillip Phillips any day – so sexy, so creative….

40. FreeHaley says:

tough night, everyone doing well

maybe I’d rank it:
    1. Elise
    2. Philip
    3. Jessica

4. Hollie
    5. Colton

but even #5 was a very solid job, which is not something that can always be said on Idol

• FreeHaley says:

Round 1:
      oops missed most of Joshua so basing on just the little I heard of it, so I could be wrong

1. Elise
      2. Joshua
      3. Philip
      4. Jessica

5. Hollie
      6. Colton
      7. Sklyar

but even #7 was at least fine, which is rare for all 7

41. Tarc says:

Joshua just ruined (in the worst way) ‘Cange Is Gonna Come’ – it was terrible. Skylar and Phillip totally trounced everyone tonight.

• jaxguy says:

I thini Phillip is terrible. He ruined In the Midnight Hour. I wanted to change the channel. And the judges must have skipped Adam Lambert’s A Change Is Gonna Come, it blew Josh’s out of the water. Hollies stripped every ounce of soul out of Son of A Preacher Man. Skylar yells too much for me. Elise was good tonight.

42. jaxguy says:

The judging is dispicable. The standing ovation for Phillip was awful. Sorry, I’ve tried, but standing on the stage trying to take a crap while singing has finally done me in. I hated both his performances. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.
    Skylar is adorable. But………
    Elise was really good tonight and as usual the idiot judges are trying so hard to get her eliminated.
    Her Let’s Get It On was great. only a couple other contestants were on her level. Hollie and Phillip ruined their soul songs. Phillip was so bad it was putrid.
    Colton was ok for me and I usually like him ok.
    Jessica is by FAR the best singer on the show. Both of her performances were perfect, but it’s so obvious that the judges are pimping Skylar, Josh and Phillip for final 3. If that happens this TV goes off and NEVER again will I be sucked into this crappy judging.
    The 3 judges have ruiined this show and it’s no wonder that the ratings are slipping even though top to bottom this was one of the more talented years.
    But at the rate it’s going the most mediore contestants will be left standing like last year and it will prove now and forever that AMERICA has taste for excrement.
    My top performances of the night are
    Jessica – Fallin’
    Elise – Let’s Get It On
    Josh – I Believe
    Jessica – Try A Little Tenderness
    Hollie – Rolling In the Deep
    Elise – No One
    Skylar – Born this Way
    Everything else was pretty forgettable, at least for me.

• Caribbean Girl says:

You are so right about all of it except to me Jessica RUNS all of her words together. For me the only two sinders are #1 ELISE & #2 Joshua. I just dont know what the judges are HEARING!!!!!!!

43. FreeHaley says:

Some of the comments to Elise on the second song were weird. The other week they were stop emoting and connecting and focus on finer points and then today they were like you need to connect and show emotion? SHe actually seemed to be doing that anyway. A bit odd.

44. cwoverfi says:

Tonight I thought Skylar, Joshua and Elise shone.Holly was not good enough and Jessica didn’t do the songs justice. I think Colton is excellent but I’m prejudiced because he comes from one town away. I’d send Holly home. Phillip could go too, it annoys me when they comment on how unique he and his moves are – haven’t they ever seen or heard Dave Matthews??? Really!

45. Marsaili says:

I had a hard time picking one favorite on the poll, so for tonight I picked Joshua, but it changes every week! My favs tonight were:

Joshua—he is so good—he really could sing the phone book–he just needs more confidence in himself!
    Skylar–she killed it totally tonight, both songs!
    Elise–I loved her first song, I agreed with the judges that I didn’t totally feel the sexiness of “Let’s Get it On” but she did sing it really well-it started out perfectly but she got a little too screamy towards the end and it lost the sexiness that it needs.
    Phillip–Did a great job tonight–he is just so good!!
    Hollie–She was great both songs, really, really great! the judges didn’t DARE criticize her, and they shouldn’t have because she was great!
    Colton–I liked the Gaga song, I didn’t really care for the Earth, Wind and Fire song.
    Jessica–Jessica sangs both songs really, really well–and I think I even felt some emotion from her–but she needs to work harder on putting herself and her feelings into the song–I still didn’t feel a connection—but she is getting better!

46. Elise All The Way says:

I THINK AMERICAN IDOL NEEDS NEW JUDGES. THEY TRULY ARE NOT HEARING WHAT WE ARE HEARING, VERY FEW PEOPLE LIKE JESSICA, WHY ARE THE JUDGES SO CRAZY ABOUT HER. I DONT GET IT & NEITHER DO MY FRIENDS.

47. JESSICA SANCHEZ is really deserving to WIN this season..

48. MY RANKINGS:
    1. JESSICA
    2. COLTON
    3. JOSHUA
    4. PHILLIP
    5. ELISE
    6. HOLLIE
    7. SKYLAR

49. Jozzy says:

If you’ll base on the voice and stage presence, it will be Jessica, Joshua and Elise. But as per the the fan base it will be PP and Colton, Skylar will be a dark horse. Regarding my own choice Jessica, Joshua and PP in that particular order.

50. Tristan Dacayo says:

I can’t see the poll. Where’s it?