First Look: What Is House's Big News?

Is Gregory H about to get some bad news on House? The following images from the April 23 episode, “Body and Soul,” certainly paint an ominous picture.

It’s also worth noting that the episode airs a week before the provocatively titled “The C Word.” Might a health scare be the reason the closed-off doc is sharing “an emotional moment” with green card bride Dominika?

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. D says:

Please let him be pregnant! Let’s go the full crazy!

• Chris says:

How about “The C Word” means “Cancelled” and the show pulls a Moonlighting and House and Wilson rush to the Fox President’s Office and try to keep the show on the air?

• sarcastic jerk says:

It’s like you don’t know how to be funny.

• O of many O's says:

It’s like you don’t know how to take a joke, and instead be a joke, like the rest of the jokes in this joke of a joke. Stop joking yourself, you’re too much of a joke to joke around with jokes you don’t even know how to align. In the end, Chris has a point, considering the show is taking about 5 episodes to dramatize, clearly in order to gain publicity, and somehow raise the bar in order to see if there’s ANY form of hope to continue the show. Except there isn’t, the show is and has been a twofold joke compared to the many joke of jokes they’ve made throughout the entire series. They’ve given themselves their own punchline, and now they’re out for the count, regardless of what anyone has to say.

• alise says:

o yeesssssssss!He is pregnant from Wilsom and their newborn girl will call Sofia

• Axle says:

YES! C can stand for Child… or Conception…

• Susan says:

Whatever happens please don’t kill off the programme either with cats, childbearing or cancer!

2. rubytu says:

Has any man on tv ever been as sexy as Hugh Laurie? oh how I hate to see him go!

3. Helen says:

Breaks my heart to know that there are only a few more episodes… :(

4. HHH says:

The House/Dominka moment looks like a goodbye hug. I hope not. She really grew on me. It would be sad to see her go.

5. J says:

The C word stand for “cat”. Wilson’s diabetic cat has run away and House and Wilson go on a road trip to find her before PETA “rescues” and kills her.

6. dane says:

How lame would it be if House has Cancer and that’s how they plan to write the finale..

7. louie says:

I always thought it would be extremely ironic if the show ended with House having lupus

8. shiremaid says:

These pics were available well over a week ago. How about some NEW news????

9. Michael says:

Have his year of taken that white pill give him so sort of cancer

10. Breck says:

Wilson will have cancer

11. Jules says:

Can some of you just enjoy the last 6 episode remaining than try to figure out or annoy us with lame titles for the upcoming episode that Hlaurie’s directed…
    Honestly, just the fact he take time to upload his work hrs to act/direct this season,it’s simply amazing and show us how commited he is & dedicated towards his co-stars and the crew over 8 years….that’s a true leader!

And I blame mostly the TV|Line gang coming out with stupid/not good spoiler/articles since the beginning of the countdown through the end…I’m fed up…

But i love the pictures -specially I’m anticipating seeing “our” favorite (Mr.Music) miserable limping diagnostician play his grand piano at least one more time bfore the finale…
    That’s always fun to hear him play with such passion and feel what he’s (House or even HLaurie himself) expressing or thinking at this moment….it’s priceless!

12. Florian says:

Can that shameful *wife* of his go away so that we can finally have Hilson now?
    Worse storyline ever to bring her back!

13. spotteddog says:

I am wondering if the bad news is about the health of the pseudo-wife. And bad news could be anything from a grave illness to her being pregnant.

• Brendan says:

Dealing with children (a ‘c’ word) last week could have been foreshadowing. House tricks Wilson into thinking he has a kid, and shortly thereafter ends up with a kid of his own… I could see them going that direction.

14. Wanda says:

I say that its Wilson who has cancer not House. Wilson dying would probably be the worst thing that could ever happen to House.

15. Tom says:

I think the “C” word in this case is “cancelled.” The show runs in syndication so I doubt they’ll kill off House in the finale. But I don’t care one way or the other. This show lost me a long time ago.

16. Tracy Murray says:

The bad news on ” Body and Soul ” is definitely going to be cancer, but we really don’t know who has it, it may be House, it may be Wilson, perhaps Dominika, or maybe, but I heavily doubt it, Cuddy, even though she had her health crisis last season. If House was being told he has the big C, wouldn’t we need to see him get sick and go in for some tests sometime during the first or second act of ” Body and Soul ” and have the meeting with Wilson near the end of the episode? I have a gut feeling it could be the good oncologist ( irony ! ) ,I hope I am wrong.

17. Jules says:

I’m with you on that Wanda!
    Plus “IF” Wilson died..after doing his own his bucket list…
    As they do it together or seperatly..whatever… House will died of loneliness or just simply overdose or shoot himself with his dad gun..
    But with only 6 episodes renaming…I tired of speculating or try figure out in advance what may happens…I just want (with my friends)enjoy the last ride and celebrate the farewell of this amazing addiction during 8 years…

18. Cindy says:

It looks like a pretty emotional episode…I´m very excited what the finale arc will be though it makes me sad at the same time. I´ll miss House very much.

19. AJ says:

They should tell House he has Lupus in the finale lol

20. KB says:

House runs into Cuddy somewhere and she has another Child with the most beautifull blue eyes. Wait that would be a double big C wouldn’t it? Cuddy with a Chlid that looks like House. I know this is just dreaming and it’s not going to happen but…

• Huddy4ever says:

we can dream:P
      i wish with all my heart C is for CUDDY! but i think is for Changes…

i can even stand the idea C is for CAMERON!!! its too much plz dooont!

21. jen says:

I think the c word could mean commitment… After tonight’s episode it seems he might want to try things for real with Dominika.

• I thought the same thing before tonight’s episode… that “Cancer” was too obvious of an option.

My prediction: House’s big challenge in the close of the series is truly connecting with another human being. The series will end with him continuing on with business as usual with the diagnostics team, giving us the lesson that life goes on.

BTW: Where was Foreman last night?

• Wilson Cancer Give Me a Break says:

The other C word would apply to DS especially since he’s killing Wilson with cancer.

22. Juppers says:

The C word is “CITIZEN”.

23. Wallace Smith says:

Could C stand for “Cure”?

24. Kriszta says:

Really an silly hooker the ideal partner for House?I don’t think that…..

25. Hank says:

i’m afraid dominika is saying farewell to house..

26. If Dr. House dies in the last episode, it’s gonna be the most UNCOOL, FAKE, TRITE scenario of the most inspired and innovative series ever. Don’t fool us Mr. Yaitanes and Mr. Shore PLEEEEASE. If House dies the hole series it will be remembered as “A HOLE IN THE WATER”

27. Barry says:

Its constipation, The Vicodin has finally caught up with Dr. Hoise and he cannot take a massive dump and it is interfering with diagnosing his patients.

Real talk yo

28. James Logan says:

If he’s sick, then it’s not cancer… it’s Lupus! oh wait, it’s NOT lupus nevermind… I haven’t learned anything these 8 years.
    Btw, the C word is Cuddy or the 4 letter version House probably calls her after sending him to prison.
    Also, the season finale (perfect title: “Everybody Dies”) refers to 13 who we all knew would die sooner than the others… well, except for Kutner who cheated.

29. James Logan says:

… and CTB (Wilson’s ex) who nobody cares about.
    Anyway, great show… it will be missed!!!

30. Wilson Cancer Give Me a Break says:

Wilson dies from cancer

31. I think Wilson will die (which would explain most of the old characters coming back – for a funeral), which would be bizarre since thymomas are not aggressive (only a 10% mortality rate), but given the state of the medicine on House recently, I’m surprised someone hasn’t pooped a lung and been diagnosed with an ingrown toenail at this point.

As I’ve said here and elsewhere: this is leading up to about the only conclusion I can imagine for this series outside of the trite “House Dies” line. It will end with House’s team gathering in the conference room, House saying “good morning”, and the team beginning their next case.

In other words, “Everybody Dies”, but life goes on.

32. If house is seeing Kutner then how would wilson be the one to die? I think it’s house that dies