Bones Scoop: Cyndi Lauper Returns For Twisty, Change of Pace Episode

Get More: Casting News

An upcoming Bones episode promises to be so unusual, and not just because it marks the return of Cyndi Lauper‘s recurring psychic Avalon Harmonia.

Executive producer Stephen Nathan confirms that the ’80s pop icon has signed on to reprise her kooky clairvoyant in one of the show’s Season 7 standalone bonus episodes.

“It’s a departure for us,” says Nathan. “We’re doing the entire episode from the point of view of the victim. It’s a stylistic challenge but one we’ve been thinking about tackling for quite a while. Since these four episodes are sort of free floating, this seemed to be the right time to do it.”

Bones creator Hart Hanson broke the news of Lauper’s comeback on Twitter Monday. “Writing dialogue for the incomparable Cyndi Lauper AKA Avalon Harmonia is a BLAST,” he wrote.

Comments (42)

• Love Avalon Harmonia!!! Cyndi Lauper is perfect!!! Cannot wait!!!

Comment by Kelly – April 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good. She was a great character. I was hoping she would be able to return.

Comment by Betty – April 16, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fab loved her in Bones

Comment by Alison – April 16, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! Loved her and the song of hers they played in the “fountain” episode.

Comment by Brooklyn – April 16, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh it’s my fascination
    With the anticipation
    S2

Comment by Doug – April 16, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I’m so excited! I love Avalon Harmonia. I hope she tells Booth and Brennan “I told you everything works out eventually” ;p

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – April 16, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly!

Comment by Katrina – April 17, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why don’t you use your imagination?
    Make it what you have to make it

If you wanna grab a hold
    If you wanna grab a hold
    If you wanna grab a hold
    Let it go…

Comment by Doug – April 16, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE CYNDI LAUPER
    KISSES FROM BRAZIL

Comment by Doug – April 16, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We have no past, we won’t reach back
    Keep with me forward all through the night
    And once we start the meter clicks
    And it goes running all through the night
    Until it ends, there is no end

Comment by Doug – April 16, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok Doug, we got it.

Comment by May – April 16, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Cyndi Lauper song played in that episode. I think the title is ‘Fearless’ (released in 1997). Please play it again in the episode.

Comment by arnisson – April 16, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes yes yes love Cyndi on bones good idea

Comment by Girolamo – April 16, 2012 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ever since Cyndi was on Bones, I kept hoping her character would return. She is such a great actor.

Comment by Darren – April 17, 2012 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was just thinking about Avalon Harmonia today! I hope that she tells them something about their future together , Christine’s future , Parker’s future , and more possible siblings !! She knew about Brennan ‘s book / Booth’s dream involving the baby (pregnancy)

Comment by spygirl4247 – April 17, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone else wondering where Parker is we haven’t seen him since before the pregnancy and I for one want to know what he thinks of Booth and Bones and also about the baby????

Comment by t – April 17, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They referenced him moving away with his mom sometime last season, if I remember correctly.

Comment by Gail – April 17, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait. Love all THE BONES story lines

Comment by kenny – April 17, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Wan’t A Mom That Will Last Forever! Rugrats In Paris!

Comment by Nicholas – April 17, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not know if my opinion counts, but I love the roll she plays and plays well-as for the show it fires on all Cylinders, thanks to everyone!

Comment by Bill Florenzano – April 17, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think its awesome Bones gonna be sick cant wait til Mondays… lol most ppl dread it….

Comment by Irez – April 17, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Irez – April 17, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES ROCKS!!!!! Love it ;)

Comment by Sandy – April 17, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cindy also was a psychic in a movie with Jeff Goldbloom called Vibes. Same dingy person and great acting.

Comment by Vince Price – April 17, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t think anyone remembered that movie, but my sentiments exactly! :) great character and great role…can’t wait to see her return to Bones!

Comment by Jennifer – April 17, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am THRILLED! I think Cindi Lauper was PERFECT as the charactor, and nailed the role. I’m so excited to see that she will be returning.

Comment by ThomD – April 17, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a Bones fan since the start I am so glad to see Booth & Brennan finally together, I dont think the producers could’ve dragged out the sexual tension much longer w/ out losing some die-hard fans (though some actual culmination of 7 seasons of tension would’ve been nice, I know they had a real baby bump to work around but a flash back is a possibility since these 4 episodes are floaters, we were even denied seeing the oh ‘finally’ reactions of the squint team & sweets head split, a flashback of all that would be satisfying) but outside of the personal character developement, which has everyone basically on track, which leaves 2 options for interesting direction A. Jump the shark & start w/ soap opera style personal drama, or hopefully B. Bring back the super smart, writes malware on bone, serial killer, as an ala grave digger, Dexter style Big-Bad that will send Booth into ultra protective mode & ultimately bring the team closer together & rekindle that edge of your seat, cant wait til next week, passion!

Comment by Erin – April 17, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo! Not another “bonus” episode!!?? Every single time they try this stuff, they fail! I mean who can forget that horrible “Booth in a coma, seeing his hallucinations” episode, I was so disappointed when they did that, so I really hope they keep their alternative narrative to a minimum this time! Wish they would focus more on the new serial bad guy, who supposedly is even worse than Howard Epps, Gormogon and the gravedigger all rolled into one… anyway just my thoughts, live the show, and hope it continues for years and years :-)

Comment by daniel – April 17, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • These episodes will focus on cases, not another dream sequence…

Comment by Jillian – April 18, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I think the entire season has been “off”. There couldn’t be less chemistry between Bones & Booth than there ever was. We longtime fans desire some romance.
    It is amazing to me to me that the Writers of these shows ruin ther own shows. My now they should know what the audience wants. Other examples are anything David E Kelly has writen. He starts off great and then it’s ridiculas. And Sandra Rymes, she ruins everyone of her own shows. Let’s get on the ball here and think about your audience!!

Comment by LynnD – April 18, 2012 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ummm….we did get some romance in the very last episode. They made out on the staircase and then, they went upstairs to have kinky ice cream sex, but I guess that’s not enough for you. Nothing will ever make you happy.

Comment by Jillian – April 18, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree the show is off this season. I personally get annoyed when babies are brought into shows – it always ruins them. The writing goes down hill and the story lines end up being centered around baby junk instead of focusing on the main reason we watch this show – the crimes and the forensics to finding the bad guy and the likeable characters. I’m personally so tired of the mommy/daddy complaining from Angela and Hodgins, and the talk of babies. Hopefully the episodes with Cyndi will take this show back to being the smart funny show that it used to be.

Comment by Lynn – April 18, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could not agree with you more,they have lost the reason we watch the show,Crimes being solved not raising kids.

Comment by Karen Jenkins – April 18, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ummm…the last time I checked this show was still about solving crimes not babies. I don’t know what show you are watching…

Comment by Jillian – April 18, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not the one I watch, where likable characters have had children but still solve crimes–gooey, gross skeletal-crimes–with intelligence and humor.

Comment by suzi – April 19, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait until Cyndi Lauper returns. I LOVE this season!!!

Comment by Jillian – April 18, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Solo espero que cuando esta temporada llegue a Colombia………… todos los comentarios no sean tan negativos aunque yo si estoy muy ansiosa por ver la nueva temática

Comment by zulma – April 18, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let her make a I told you so reference to Booth and Brennan..please!!!!!!!!!!she told them it would work out.

Comment by kate – April 19, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s always room for more Cyndi Lauper in the world.

Comment by Luis – April 23, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Zack Addy back. That is all I have to say.

Comment by Patty – April 24, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cyndi felicidades mexico te ama por ciempre

Comment by Roberto Contreras – April 25, 2012 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post