Bones Scoop: Cyndi Lauper Returns For Twisty, Change of Pace Episode

An upcoming Bones episode promises to be so unusual, and not just because it marks the return of Cyndi Lauper‘s recurring psychic Avalon Harmonia.

Executive producer Stephen Nathan confirms that the ’80s pop icon has signed on to reprise her kooky clairvoyant in one of the show’s Season 7 standalone bonus episodes.

“It’s a departure for us,” says Nathan. “We’re doing the entire episode from the point of view of the victim. It’s a stylistic challenge but one we’ve been thinking about tackling for quite a while. Since these four episodes are sort of free floating, this seemed to be the right time to do it.”

Bones creator Hart Hanson broke the news of Lauper’s comeback on Twitter Monday. “Writing dialogue for the incomparable Cyndi Lauper AKA Avalon Harmonia is a BLAST,” he wrote.

1. Kelly says:

Love Avalon Harmonia!!! Cyndi Lauper is perfect!!! Cannot wait!!!

2. Betty says:

Sounds good. She was a great character. I was hoping she would be able to return.

3. Alison says:

Fab loved her in Bones

4. Brooklyn says:

This is great news! Loved her and the song of hers they played in the “fountain” episode.

5. Doug says:

Oh it’s my fascination
    With the anticipation
    S2

6. AngelMoonGirl says:

YAY! I’m so excited! I love Avalon Harmonia. I hope she tells Booth and Brennan “I told you everything works out eventually” ;p

7. Doug says:

Why don’t you use your imagination?
    Make it what you have to make it

If you wanna grab a hold
    If you wanna grab a hold
    If you wanna grab a hold
    Let it go…

8. Doug says:

I LOVE CYNDI LAUPER
    KISSES FROM BRAZIL

9. Doug says:

We have no past, we won’t reach back
    Keep with me forward all through the night
    And once we start the meter clicks
    And it goes running all through the night
    Until it ends, there is no end

10. May says:

Ok Doug, we got it.

11. arnisson says:

I love the Cyndi Lauper song played in that episode. I think the title is ‘Fearless’ (released in 1997). Please play it again in the episode.

12. Girolamo says:

Yes yes yes love Cyndi on bones good idea

13. Darren says:

Ever since Cyndi was on Bones, I kept hoping her character would return. She is such a great actor.

14. spygirl4247 says:

i was just thinking about Avalon Harmonia today! I hope that she tells them something about their future together , Christine’s future , Parker’s future , and more possible siblings !! She knew about Brennan ‘s book / Booth’s dream involving the baby (pregnancy)

15. t says:

Is anyone else wondering where Parker is we haven’t seen him since before the pregnancy and I for one want to know what he thinks of Booth and Bones and also about the baby????

16. kenny says:

Cant wait. Love all THE BONES story lines

17. Nicholas says:

I Wan’t A Mom That Will Last Forever! Rugrats In Paris!

18. I do not know if my opinion counts, but I love the roll she plays and plays well-as for the show it fires on all Cylinders, thanks to everyone!

19. Irez says:

i think its awesome Bones gonna be sick cant wait til Mondays… lol most ppl dread it….

20. Irez says:

21. Sandy says:

BONES ROCKS!!!!! Love it ;)

22. Vince Price says:

Cindy also was a psychic in a movie with Jeff Goldbloom called Vibes. Same dingy person and great acting.

• Jennifer says:

I didn’t think anyone remembered that movie, but my sentiments exactly! :) great character and great role…can’t wait to see her return to Bones!

23. ThomD says:

I am THRILLED! I think Cindi Lauper was PERFECT as the charactor, and nailed the role. I’m so excited to see that she will be returning.

24. Erin says:

As a Bones fan since the start I am so glad to see Booth & Brennan finally together, I dont think the producers could’ve dragged out the sexual tension much longer w/ out losing some die-hard fans (though some actual culmination of 7 seasons of tension would’ve been nice, I know they had a real baby bump to work around but a flash back is a possibility since these 4 episodes are floaters, we were even denied seeing the oh ‘finally’ reactions of the squint team & sweets head split, a flashback of all that would be satisfying) but outside of the personal character developement, which has everyone basically on track, which leaves 2 options for interesting direction A. Jump the shark & start w/ soap opera style personal drama, or hopefully B. Bring back the super smart, writes malware on bone, serial killer, as an ala grave digger, Dexter style Big-Bad that will send Booth into ultra protective mode & ultimately bring the team closer together & rekindle that edge of your seat, cant wait til next week, passion!

25. daniel says:

Noooo! Not another “bonus” episode!!?? Every single time they try this stuff, they fail! I mean who can forget that horrible “Booth in a coma, seeing his hallucinations” episode, I was so disappointed when they did that, so I really hope they keep their alternative narrative to a minimum this time! Wish they would focus more on the new serial bad guy, who supposedly is even worse than Howard Epps, Gormogon and the gravedigger all rolled into one… anyway just my thoughts, live the show, and hope it continues for years and years :-)

26. LynnD says:

Personally I think the entire season has been “off”. There couldn’t be less chemistry between Bones & Booth than there ever was. We longtime fans desire some romance.
    It is amazing to me to me that the Writers of these shows ruin ther own shows. My now they should know what the audience wants. Other examples are anything David E Kelly has writen. He starts off great and then it’s ridiculas. And Sandra Rymes, she ruins everyone of her own shows. Let’s get on the ball here and think about your audience!!

• Jillian says:

Ummm….we did get some romance in the very last episode. They made out on the staircase and then, they went upstairs to have kinky ice cream sex, but I guess that’s not enough for you. Nothing will ever make you happy.

27. Lynn says:

I agree the show is off this season. I personally get annoyed when babies are brought into shows – it always ruins them. The writing goes down hill and the story lines end up being centered around baby junk instead of focusing on the main reason we watch this show – the crimes and the forensics to finding the bad guy and the likeable characters. I’m personally so tired of the mommy/daddy complaining from Angela and Hodgins, and the talk of babies. Hopefully the episodes with Cyndi will take this show back to being the smart funny show that it used to be.

• Karen Jenkins says:

I could not agree with you more,they have lost the reason we watch the show,Crimes being solved not raising kids.

• Jillian says:

Ummm…the last time I checked this show was still about solving crimes not babies. I don’t know what show you are watching…

• suzi says:

Not the one I watch, where likable characters have had children but still solve crimes–gooey, gross skeletal-crimes–with intelligence and humor.

28. Jillian says:

I can’t wait until Cyndi Lauper returns. I LOVE this season!!!

29. zulma says:

Solo espero que cuando esta temporada llegue a Colombia………… todos los comentarios no sean tan negativos aunque yo si estoy muy ansiosa por ver la nueva temática

30. kate says:

Please let her make a I told you so reference to Booth and Brennan..please!!!!!!!!!!she told them it would work out.

31. Luis says:

There’s always room for more Cyndi Lauper in the world.

32. Patty says:

I want Zack Addy back. That is all I have to say.

33. cyndi felicidades mexico te ama por ciempre