90210 Scoop: Max Returns — But There's a Twist!

Naomi Clark’s dweeby dreamboat is 90210-bound once more.

TVLine has learned that Josh Zuckerman will return to the CW soap (airing Tuesdays at 8/7c) for multiple episodes this May, reprising his role as loveable geek Max. But is he back to reclaim his ex-ladylove — who is now on the verge of marrying someone new?

Oddly enough, Max does not return with reconciliation on his mind. Rather, he’s prepping to swap vows of his own, and his bride-to-be has — unbeknownst to everyone involved — hired Naomi to plan their impending nuptials.

Your Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes — Including 90210!

This turn of events will throw the reformed Mean Girl for a loop, and — in typical Naomi fashion — she’ll end up on an emotionally confusing journey in hopes of reuniting with the nerdy love of her life. (It therefore seems unlikely she’ll find her happily ever after with current fiancé Preston, played by Nick Zano.)

Zuckerman’s arc begins May 1 and will continue through the May 15 season finale.

Comments (34)

• good hopefully he returns next season full time…Naomi had such a great arc with him and became a great character

Comment by ggny – April 16, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it sucks without Teddy

Comment by Jaselle – April 16, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww. I miss him so much. Pls let them be together. :(

Comment by Lindsay Ley – April 16, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, as a freshman he college, he got over Naomi, met someone new, and is now engaged, all within the course of a year? Riiiiiiiight

Comment by JJ – April 16, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and apparently so did Naomi, since she’s engaged as well. This show is not known for it’s realistic writing, obviously. I don’t really see either wedding happening.

Comment by Nina – April 16, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not known for good writing either. This season has just been horrid. I sat through the awfulness that was season 2, praying for it to get better and even I couldn’t stomach this season. Pure crap. I had to stop watching.

Comment by dude – April 16, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I predict that the wedding that will take pace will be Naomi and Max. I heard the wedding would not be who we were expecting so that is what I am guessing !

Comment by sarah – April 16, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never watched this show, and turned into it last season and fell for this story-arc, absolutely gutted that it ended, will be tuning in again now! Yay!

Comment by H. – April 16, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wait! what?! Naomi is getting married with someone she just met for a few epis, and now… Max? Wow! Everything seems to be moving way too fast this season! :-O

Comment by limeswt – April 16, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, this guy was on Breakout Kings this week! I liked him.

Comment by Dana – April 16, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah i saw this yesterday. Rodnie, bad guy! ;p

Comment by tweezt – April 16, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The I don’t care meter is at 10 out of 10 w/ this one.

Comment by Steffy – April 16, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I gave up on this show once they wrote Teddy off. You could basically combine all the good things that have actually happened on this show and it might equal one seasons worth of episodes. And yet, it’s been on for four. Go figure.

Comment by ChrisGa – April 16, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope the wedding is Max and Naomi like people are predicting…Nick Zano character and Austin need to go away

Comment by ggny – April 16, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Annalynne has any pull, she’ll end up with Austin. She’s been really vocal about wanting to keep him as her love interest.

Comment by dude – April 16, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • she probably said that because many fans want that cowboy to GTFO! lol.. just kiddin’.. ;D

Comment by l8y8x – April 16, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching after Teddy, Trevor Donovan left

Comment by Jaselle – April 16, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Naomi’s ark with Max was the best arc of her character. She was amazing with Max. They truly complemented each other, and I would like them to be end game because Max was literally the best character introduced to the show!

Comment by Danielle Lowry – April 16, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed

Comment by ggny – April 16, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! Her relationship with Max was the only time I actually felt like she cared about her boyfriend, and she didn’t end up lying to him and screwing it up.

Comment by L – April 16, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I have to agree, this show sucks. But isn’t Teddy returning? I thought I read that somewhere, could be wrong though.

Comment by Sam – April 16, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Besides Max Ethan, Teddy and showrunner Rebecca Sinclair should return to end for good this show. Life Unexpected showrunners destroyed Naomi and Max’s relationship

Comment by Fabricio – April 16, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Naomi and I loved her most when she was with Max.

Comment by The Buskalo Kid – April 16, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m tired of Naomi, the lead female character, getting guest star love interests. I liked Max but not enough for him to be a regular. PLEASE can we have Liam and Naomi back together? I miss them ridiculously and he hasn’t had even remotely comparable chemistry with any other female character on the show, least of all Silver and Annie, UGH.

Comment by Ella – April 16, 2012 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wah! can’t wait! love Maxomi… <3 <3

Comment by emy – April 16, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! I loved them together, they were so adorable!

Comment by Hannah – April 17, 2012 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, Max is back!!! I had absolutely no clue who the groom might be of the wedding Naomi was going to plan but the moment I read the title of this article, I was like, OMG Max is the groom!! It’s a great twist, can’t wait to watch the episode!

Comment by Tanvi Chitnis – April 17, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good News! I had quit watching earlier in the season because the show had gotten so bad, but I am willing to tune in again for Max.

Comment by Abby – April 17, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Naomi and Max were the only couple I cared in 90210, they were so great together. Really excited to see him coming back

Comment by andrea – April 18, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boy, I feel like the only person who didn’t like Max…

Comment by Radina – April 25, 2012 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am with you on this a hundred percent! Max needs to leave!

Comment by Hanna – December 4, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didnt think Max was all that great, but he was ok and i liked him and Naomi as a couple. Max and Naomi, Annie and Liam, Silver and navid, adrianna and dixon….im a sucker for the originals… Im sooo not liking the Liam and Silver thing….

Comment by Stina – April 30, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After a really crap season, finally a good news!! I stop watch 90210 since the 6º episode of this season because honestly I think was sucks!! The new showrunners totally ruined the show.. I hope he stay around for a while, he could be a good adiction for the next season

Comment by elianny1987 – May 1, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Naomi and Liam made this show. Don’t know what the writers are thinking. This show is going down the drain, Max needs to leave already!

Comment by Hanna – December 4, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post