90210 Scoop: Max Returns -- But There's a Twist!

Naomi Clark’s dweeby dreamboat is 90210-bound once more.

TVLine has learned that Josh Zuckerman will return to the CW soap (airing Tuesdays at 8/7c) for multiple episodes this May, reprising his role as loveable geek Max. But is he back to reclaim his ex-ladylove — who is now on the verge of marrying someone new?

Oddly enough, Max does not return with reconciliation on his mind. Rather, he’s prepping to swap vows of his own, and his bride-to-be has — unbeknownst to everyone involved — hired Naomi to plan their impending nuptials.

Your Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes — Including 90210!

This turn of events will throw the reformed Mean Girl for a loop, and — in typical Naomi fashion — she’ll end up on an emotionally confusing journey in hopes of reuniting with the nerdy love of her life. (It therefore seems unlikely she’ll find her happily ever after with current fiancé Preston, played by Nick Zano.)

Zuckerman’s arc begins May 1 and will continue through the May 15 season finale.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. ggny says:

good hopefully he returns next season full time…Naomi had such a great arc with him and became a great character

2. Lindsay Ley says:

Awww. I miss him so much. Pls let them be together. :(

3. JJ says:

So, as a freshman he college, he got over Naomi, met someone new, and is now engaged, all within the course of a year? Riiiiiiiight

• Nina says:

and apparently so did Naomi, since she’s engaged as well. This show is not known for it’s realistic writing, obviously. I don’t really see either wedding happening.

• dude says:

It’s not known for good writing either. This season has just been horrid. I sat through the awfulness that was season 2, praying for it to get better and even I couldn’t stomach this season. Pure crap. I had to stop watching.

4. sarah says:

I predict that the wedding that will take pace will be Naomi and Max. I heard the wedding would not be who we were expecting so that is what I am guessing !

5. H. says:

I’ve never watched this show, and turned into it last season and fell for this story-arc, absolutely gutted that it ended, will be tuning in again now! Yay!

6. limeswt says:

wait! what?! Naomi is getting married with someone she just met for a few epis, and now… Max? Wow! Everything seems to be moving way too fast this season! :-O

7. Dana says:

Hey, this guy was on Breakout Kings this week! I liked him.

8. Steffy says:

The I don’t care meter is at 10 out of 10 w/ this one.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, I gave up on this show once they wrote Teddy off. You could basically combine all the good things that have actually happened on this show and it might equal one seasons worth of episodes. And yet, it’s been on for four. Go figure.

9. ggny says:

I really hope the wedding is Max and Naomi like people are predicting…Nick Zano character and Austin need to go away

• dude says:

If Annalynne has any pull, she’ll end up with Austin. She’s been really vocal about wanting to keep him as her love interest.

10. Jaselle says:

I stopped watching after Teddy, Trevor Donovan left

11. Naomi’s ark with Max was the best arc of her character. She was amazing with Max. They truly complemented each other, and I would like them to be end game because Max was literally the best character introduced to the show!

12. Sam says:

Yeah I have to agree, this show sucks. But isn’t Teddy returning? I thought I read that somewhere, could be wrong though.

13. Fabricio says:

Besides Max Ethan, Teddy and showrunner Rebecca Sinclair should return to end for good this show. Life Unexpected showrunners destroyed Naomi and Max’s relationship

14. I love Naomi and I loved her most when she was with Max.

15. Ella says:

I’m tired of Naomi, the lead female character, getting guest star love interests. I liked Max but not enough for him to be a regular. PLEASE can we have Liam and Naomi back together? I miss them ridiculously and he hasn’t had even remotely comparable chemistry with any other female character on the show, least of all Silver and Annie, UGH.

16. emy says:

wah! can’t wait! love Maxomi… <3 <3

17. Hannah says:

Finally! I loved them together, they were so adorable!

18. Yay, Max is back!!! I had absolutely no clue who the groom might be of the wedding Naomi was going to plan but the moment I read the title of this article, I was like, OMG Max is the groom!! It’s a great twist, can’t wait to watch the episode!

19. Abby says:

Good News! I had quit watching earlier in the season because the show had gotten so bad, but I am willing to tune in again for Max.

20. andrea says:

YES! Naomi and Max were the only couple I cared in 90210, they were so great together. Really excited to see him coming back

21. Radina says:

Boy, I feel like the only person who didn’t like Max…

22. Stina says:

I didnt think Max was all that great, but he was ok and i liked him and Naomi as a couple. Max and Naomi, Annie and Liam, Silver and navid, adrianna and dixon….im a sucker for the originals… Im sooo not liking the Liam and Silver thing….

23. elianny1987 says:

After a really crap season, finally a good news!! I stop watch 90210 since the 6º episode of this season because honestly I think was sucks!! The new showrunners totally ruined the show.. I hope he stay around for a while, he could be a good adiction for the next season

24. Hanna says:

Naomi and Liam made this show. Don’t know what the writers are thinking. This show is going down the drain, Max needs to leave already!