Tree Hill's Finale: Burning Questions Answered!

It’s been a little over a week since we said a sad so long to Nathan Scott & Co., and — since we’re still in the early stages of mourning (aka denial) — we decided a trip back to One Tree Hill was in order.

Here, creator Mark Schwahn and star James Lafferty relive the series finale and answer your lingering questions, which likely include “What about Peyton?” “Why Bevin?” And, of course, “How come no one in Tree Hill ages?!”

Were any scenes cut from the series finale? | Schwahn tells us that, thankfully, the network agreed to air the uncut OTH finale, so we’ve seen it all. Ready to be shocked? Had the edited version been broadcast, the “I Don’t Want to Be” singalong would have been scrapped! “[That edit] was really odd,” he muses. “We went right into the U2 song ‘One Tree Hill’… and then the jump ahead.” Also edited out originally was “all of the twintern stuff with Chase and Chris Kellar.”

What was it like shooting the entire cast singing along to “I Don’t Want to Be”? | “It was cool,” Lafferty recalls. “We were all just shouting out the lyrics at the top of our lungs.” But for all you eagle-eyed viewers, go back and take a closer look — you might notice a little continuity error. “There’s one shot where you can see us in our old spots in the background, and then it cuts to us actually in the crowd,” the actor shares. All that said, Lafferty just hopes “it looks like we were having fun, because we were absolutely having every bit as much fun as it appeared.”

Why was Bevin chosen to return to the series in such a major way? | Explains Schwahn, “I didn’t want to use a day player…. [This character at the courthouse] works in Tree Hill, so I thought, ‘Is there someone [from the past] that would fit that?’” The showrunner adds that he and his trusty team “were also trying to maximize our opportunities to see old faces, so I thought that [Bevin] would be perfect there.” Plus, “Then there was the Skills payoff at the very end, so it just flowed.”

Relive the One Tree Hill Series Finale’s Best Moments – Plus: Mark Schwahn Thanks the Fans

In retrospect, is there anyone else the show wanted to bring back, but wasn’t able to? | As if there was any question, Schwahn says he would have loved to see Peyton back in Tree Hill. “That character was so significant,” he shares. “I loved [her] so much, and I think a lot of fans loved that character. So, it was a little odd not to see Peyton.” But, says Schwahn, showbiz is exactly that, and had circumstances been different, he “would have [brought her back], creatively.”

Why did no one age in the series-ending flash forward? | “We all had been taking really good care of ourselves at the exact moment and using the same anti-aging face cream,” Lafferty explains, with a laugh. “Contrary to popular opinion, our kids growing up actually made us look younger. It’s kind of an anomaly.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (78)

• I miss Peyton. But the finale was satisfying.

Comment by M. Ward – April 13, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • coogie ga gee.

Comment by brett skam – April 13, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i was not satisfied with the finale, i mean it was great but it ended as if there were going to be another season!! It has to be! the show must go on!!!! I love this show and its just not right to end it at season 9!!!

Comment by Tonya – November 8, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plz don’t stop the show everybody loves it its the best show ever plz don’t stop :’( :’( :’( :’(

Comment by ridzi fariha – November 14, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • u r ryt… plz don’t stop this show…
          this is the show which made me cry alot… love oth

Comment by Sayyan Rabeez – November 15, 2013 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lets get one thing straight; Hilarie may play Peyton but she is not Peyton. So whatever reason Hilarie had to not come back, we can’t take those out on Peyton. Screw Hilarie if she thought she was too good for the show or screw the show for not asking her back- I don’t know the reason but the point is, Peyton and Lucas had vital roles in the show and it was stupidity to have them leave in the first place (if that was the case). But someone already said it, how are we to expect Leyton in the series finale when they don’t even show up to Brooke’s wedding? Or the birth of her twins? Or the birth of Haley’s second? Those were some of the episodes that I got really pissed off. It’s not about who’s fault it is anymore about them leaving. You fans out there that really got sucked into this show will understand with me that it just simply hurts to watch something be created and then have it be ripped away and feel like it never existed. I had an argument with my friend who is a Brucas fan and I am a sucker for Leyton. I explained to her that it wasn’t Lucas and Peyton’s relationship that I missed, it’s all the other ones! Maybe like the best friend relationship between Brooke and Peyton that we were so helplessly dragged through for six years of tears, cheers and sorrow. I’m sorry but I kind of got used to the fact that they were the unstoppable sisterly duo that could get through anything like messy love triangles and psychos and would always be there for one another- just like they promised each other, and then poof, Peyton’s gone. Or how about the first friendship that we saw on the show- Lucas and Haley, who have been loyal best friends through out years of growing up together, facing problems, hardship and heartache but getting through it by being there for one another and having late night talks at Karen’s cafe, or playing mini golf on the roof…you catch my drift.
      And then of course the wonderful relationships all 3 girls made- Brooke, Haley and Peyton. It was absolutely wonderful to see that develop over the years. Even Lucas and Brooke, unfortunately it never worked out for them romantically but come on, I loved their friendship. We all know he was destined to be with Peyton, but Lucas and Brooke definitely loved each other and had a meaningful connection. The fun and laughter between Nathan and Peyton and the two of them rehashing their past as boyfriend and girlfriend and how incredibly awful it was, which only reminded them of how lucky they were now to have true love in their lives. Last but not least, maybe the relationship between, hmm, I don’t know, the narrator of the show and the basis of what it evolved- his brother. Lucas and Nathan. I mean that’s what it was all about right. Everybody else was apart of them and apart of Tree Hill. It was the relationship between these two brothers that made it or broke it for others. From hating each other, to tolerating one another, to liking eachother and then finally to developing the true brotherly bond that they both secretly yearned for, it was sad to see that go.
      This just gets me all reved up again so I’m just going to accept the fact that this show is over and that we have what we have and we can remember the parts we want to and forget the ones that we don’t.
      Back to real life, it’s just tv right.

Comment by Sim – December 7, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completly agree with your analyzation! I thought about the same thigns after watching the finale. It was good but what about where the show started and the true meaning and heart of the show. Those two characters (lucas and Peyton) leaving really effected the flow of the storyline and to me made the show seem incomplete. We were never given a legitime reason as to why they left in the first place.

Comment by Trista – January 2, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hilarie married Ian Grange ( son of producer grange for one tree hill) and they then divorced…
        Pretty obvious now why they couldn’t bring Peyton back..Really miss the cast and thumbs up for a Season 10!

Comment by umar (south africa) – January 23, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You spoke the truth!!!!! I love one tree hill best tv show ever jst hsted the fact never got to see peyton or lucus or they never got mentioned nothing ! Got me mad bt the show was still good!

Comment by manuel alvarenga – March 7, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it relates to life in a way. I mean you’re long friendship sometimes just end. no explanation. And i think that’ why we got so connected with the story. I love the post you did and it really breaks my heart but sometimes life is like that.

Comment by Angela – September 4, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the finale. Great end to a really great series.
    Spin-off in 10 years please? Rivercourt can be rebuilt!!

Comment by Nicholas – April 13, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel like the finale kind of dispelled that. In the end, the entire cast was still in Tree Hill (including Chris/Chase) during their kid’s high school years so they couldn’t really do that without bringing the entire cast back, which I doubt they’d agree to.

Comment by dude – April 13, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I thought season 9 was great. Sad to see it finishing.

Comment by Fayann Beatty – April 29, 2012 02:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the finale was pretty good too, but I definitely wish they would have brought Peyton back. I’m not sure what the whole situation there was, but I wish they could have worked it out.

Comment by Laurie G. – April 13, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The situation was pretty simple. Hilarie Burton was bitter about being let go and refused to return. They tried to get her back several times, including for Brooke’s wedding last season and she said no. It’s really a shame that she’d let her pride get in the way of pleasing her fans.

Comment by dude – April 13, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • really? I thought Hilarie said that they never asked her to come back, and if they had she definitely would have. the whole situation is very “he said / she said” and it’s hard to believe anybody.

Comment by taylorrness – April 14, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s got a stable job on White Collar getting to kiss Matt Bomer everyday. I highly doubt she cares.

Comment by dee123 – April 14, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The actress who plays Peyton (Hilarie Burton) who started as a VJ on MTV…… left OTH under never fully disclosed circumstances. She now has a recurring role on White Collar on the USA network. They probably couldn’t agree on the monetary price for her coming back and she probably didn’t want to come back looking forward in her career as it is still developing. Her career seems to be the only one of the cast that has a glimmer of hope of carrying on.

Comment by Jake – May 1, 2012 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sick of hearing about Hilarie Burton’s character. She was an ungrateful actress who couldn’t even take a simple week or two out of the year to film an episode or so. This show took a chance on her and built her career and she had nothing to show for it when it was coming to an end. If I knew this was the case 3 years ago, I’d have preferred that Peyton died during the birth of Sawyer and that Lucas had gone back to Brooke and they lived happily ever after. At least Chad Murray gave fans one last look at Lucas towards the end. That’s what I can respect for the fans.

Comment by Jarrod – April 13, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree! At least he made time for his fans. The fact that she didn’t just hows how ungrateful she is.

Comment by April Duke – April 13, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hilarie was not asked back. Period. End of story. It was not about the money. It was not about her being bitter. She was seen in Wilmington many times during the filming of season 9. If the producers had wanted her back all they had to do was send the crew van to pick her up. She said she wanted to come back. Mark said he wanted her back. She was in Wilmington. So simple Sherlock Holmes detective work says someone else in a position of power on the show kept her character from returning.

Do some simple research into it and you will find the rest of the story.

Comment by Ed Fury – April 13, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If this is true, give links to reputable sources. I doubt any exist, though.

Comment by Chris – April 15, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lie- Mark confirmed they asked her back but she declined “to be with her family during off shooting of WC.”

Comment by lorna – April 15, 2012 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we knew peyton wasnt coming back so who cares…would have rather seen Whitey,Jake,Mia and Sam

Comment by ggny – April 13, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH, friggin’ Hilarie Burton. Peyton was my favourite.

Comment by sam – April 13, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted Whitey too!! I loved it.. the non ageing thong haha made me lol. So glad, we did not see Jamie’s face

Comment by Lacy – April 13, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the final episode. I thought it was perfectly written. I too would have liked to have seen Samantha, Jake and Karen. I don’t see how Peyton fit into the current story line. If she didn’t come for Brooke’s wedding or the birth of the twins than why at the end?

Comment by Emelie – April 13, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • none of us know what was really going on with hilarie burton. if the people from the show don’t have a problem with her, why do yall? get over it because the show is over now and she probably doesn’t care what any of yall think. i still love the character of peyton and like hilarie burton and i’m sure she still has a bunch of fans who fill the same also especially if they stopped watching after she left.

Comment by Rachel Scott – April 13, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have loved to see Rachel return and kind of redeem herself but all-in-all it was a near-perfect way to go. Best final season I’ve seen of any series.

Comment by dude – April 13, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm are you all stupid or something Hillary’s schedule had conflicts and wasn’t able to be there. It’s called show business and it happens. Was I disappointed? Yea I would have liked to have seen the character come back. But don’t hate on ms burton bc she had scheduling conflicts. Ignorant people. Gosh!

Comment by Meres – April 13, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Out all the finales I love 4 the most. I would have put some of my favorite stuff from 4, 6, and this one together then I would have gotten a greatest show finale. I realy could have careless about Quinn and Clay. The little boy was cute though and could have careless about Chris K and Chase stuff to on that show. Love seeing Bevin back with Skills but would have loved to see or hear about past characters to. I wish Peyton and Lucas both came back for the finale. They were my favorite couple then it was Naley. As mush as I love Peyton and wished her back I do not think she owed the fans anything. She give us 6 great years. She not ungrateful she has a LIFE….. another show, a fiancé now, a son, and she does the Southern Gothic Productions Stuff. I do not think she left by choice and from Mark’s other interview a while back I think more went down then everyone knows because he took a little dig at Hilarie and at Chad.

Comment by M – April 13, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You really could have cared less?? Guess what, that means you cared about it. Learn to speak,

Comment by Glenn – May 20, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well the ones defending hilarie is stupid. It was a conflict with her scheduling. Her is Chad wanted more money cause they thought they were the stars of the show. Which got proven wrong. Clearly we know that since they weren’t on ANY more episodes. I did give props to Chad for proving to his fans he still love us. OTH produces should had killed her(Hilarie) off and Brook belongs with Julian. Its all about the cast and crew who stayed loyal to us…..their fans all these years. There will only be a One Tree Hill.

True Fan out

Comment by Brittany – April 13, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your grammar is atrocious. Maybe spend less time with the TV, and a bit more with a book or two.

Comment by tripoli – April 14, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I meant it WAS NOT!!!!! I REPEAT WAS NOT A CONFLICT. She wanted more money and now her fans really should look at her differently and with little respect

Comment by Brittany – April 13, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I see is absurd speculations, hateful opinions and remarks about Hilarie not returning to OTH. It’s done and your opinion about her not coming back no matter what version it is, is completely stuck up. The producers and actors have said it, she couldn’t return period. What are y’all still carelessly blabbing about. Move on.

Comment by TheLonelyPlace – April 13, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HILARIE IS STUPID AND SUCKS AS A PERSON.SHE SHOULD NOT CALL HERSELF A CELEBRITY.YET ALONE A CAST MEMBER FROM OTH. Know what you talking about before you say it…

Comment by Brittany – April 13, 2012 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will take your word if you know her personally. Otherwise you are an overly emotional and delusional fan who is stuck with this show. Get a life

Comment by TheLonelyPlace – April 13, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who are you to call someone delusional. Kick rocks…you are not God. Leave those with opinions alone. DA

Comment by Brittany – April 13, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one will ever know the truth about what went down. It is funny though that Hilarie went and made a video telling people to still watch and has never said anything about the show but in an interview a few months ago Mark was acting like the baby when it came to Hilarie and Chad. As for when they left the show it was never the same IMO and the fans who left with them or after them show that.

Comment by M – April 13, 2012 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preach! That is all

Comment by TheLonelyPlace – April 13, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have brought back Tim!

Comment by A – April 13, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol at people that think they understand showbiz politics

Comment by mike – April 13, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People have the right to say whatever and be emotional and stuck in anything they want. Who are you to say differently. This is America freedom of speech.so if you have something to say than say it. I apologize for calling people stupid or was wrong. People remember you can feel what you want. No one has the right to say otherwise. Stay stuck on OTH and everything it meant to you. Shows like this help people throughout life.

Fans stay true….as all actors say WE besides God are the reason they made it so far. We love what they do and that’s why they do it.

Comment by Brittany – April 13, 2012 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here’s the thing, though. You have the right to say what you want, but I also have the right to disagree with you. You call someone stupid, they can absolutely say you’re stuck in OTH. And it turns out that people DO have the right to say that you can’t feel what you want, they, like you, can say whatever they want. They just can’t force you from feeling or stop you from saying something. A little civics lesson with your morning coffee (if you’re even old enough to drink coffee!)…..
      BTW – Peyton’s ridiculous drama annoyed me. I’m glad she didn’t come back.

Comment by kjess – April 14, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was a great finale! I believed that Hilarie Burton did not come back because of her schedule till she did a condescending interview when asked where she thought Peyton would be. It was something like, “I don’t know pregnant with like six kids I guess” thats when I realized she thought she got too big for the show. I loved the current cast and clay and Quinn were the perfect replacements!

Comment by Beth – April 14, 2012 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • then the jump ahead.” Also edited out originally was “all of the twintern stuff with Chase and Chris Kellar.”

Comment by Roxanna Beaty – April 14, 2012 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lucas thing wasn’t very satisfying. I wanted more closure between him & Dan. Also it would have been awesome to find out what happened in Jake’s life. Overall though, I liked the series finale.

Comment by meghan – April 14, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Finale was just… Perfect…
    I would have loved to see Peyton back… But the finale was perfect even without her…

It’s sad that Hilarie can’t find time for a comeback to the show that made her popular! :(

Comment by albtrex – April 14, 2012 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have loved to see Peyton in the finale .I loved the I don’t want to be sing along and then played ONE TREE HILL for the flash forward .The finale was a great ending to a perfect show .One tree hill will be missed .

Comment by Ashley – April 14, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sad that the show is over, the finale was good but lacked something….If they were going to bring back old characters….It would have been nice to see the original cast end at the rivercourt. There was so much meaning there for all the characters. I agree with the other fans who could of cared less about Quinn and Clay most of the time very boring relationship. Hopefully there will be a reunion one day I look forward to it.

Comment by Kim – April 14, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Megan, for asking the really tough questions that we all want answers to.

Comment by melaurel – April 14, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like I’m the only one who was glad when Hilarie Burton left. She is just not a good actress. Loved the finale.

Comment by Alex – April 14, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the finale! Few things that could of been included: since no peyton return they could of mentioned where they were, or doing, & in the time jump when Julian cawed Brooke could of yelled out to Haley something abou peyton calling her & telling her that Luke’s job has finished and they are moving bak to tree hill. Whitey, jake, Karen, Sam, could have been in or mentioned. Lastly I wasn’t a fan of the twintern stuff so that didn’t need to be in it. Overall loved it & will miss it…just some closure was needed on the leyton life. Goodnight one tree hill!

Comment by Rene – April 14, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A mention at least would have been nice. I mean I had rather a 3 mintue mention then a Quinn/Clay scene or even the whole Chase/Chris K twin stuff in the finale. I just heard they are doing a GG movie and that is what I hope maybe they can do in a few year with OTH. That all the actors/actress can take a break right now and do other things and then they all can come back including Peyton and Lucas. Hey, I can hope.

Comment by M – April 14, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Overall, it was a well-done finale whether or not Peyton and Lucas came back or not. Mark Schwahn and Company did an outstanding job. Of course we all would have done a few things differently because we love different characters for different reasons. My favorite parts were everyone at Tric singing with Gavid Degraw, and the very end at Jamie’s b-ball game. The couples were still together, they were living in Tree Hill, and still supportive friends.

Comment by meleliot – April 14, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love peyton. shes my favourite character..and i always thought that mark schwahn loved peyton too. so i thought he would really put her in.. but… :(

Comment by mary – April 16, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have like to have seen Jake (Bryan Greenberg) and Jenny in the finale…he totally could have played at Tric!

Comment by LMM – April 24, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone needs to get over Hilarie not returning, she had no obligation to any of the fans. Get over yourselves and grow up already, LET IT GO. She left on bad terms with the show, because Mark’s an asshole.

Comment by Veronica Perrotta (@rogueassassins) – May 4, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that James Lafferty isn’t busy with OTH, I wonder if he’d go to my Marine Corps ball with me?!

Comment by Christina – May 14, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i LOVE OTH they should DEFINITELY make like a reunion movie or something just to show were the characters end up that would be awesome!! <3

Comment by pay-backs a b*tch – May 16, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just waiting to see a flashback of Peyton and Brooke or Peyton and Lucas. It would have been SOO significant for the old fans and definitely would have made me cry harder.
    Such a shame but amazing to have Gavin DeGraw and I love that the producers actually told the story and showed everyone living happily ever after!
    The Chase and Chris Keller with twins was a little silly and waste of precious last episode time personally. I really would have liked to see Brooke wink at Peyton during her Cheerleading flash back! And the opening scene to be Lucas playing basketball on the Rivercourt, because we know that was always his court!

Comment by ming.y.lee8@gmail.com – May 21, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wat i kip wonderin is did lucas leave peyton at home acordin 2 da movie or wat?for wat its worth i wil always love n miss the main n ma favourite xters namely peyton,lucas,nathan,brooke n haley.nobody cud ever replace ‘em n i mean nat ever no matter wat season.

Comment by Keith – June 2, 2012 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mark definitely did a good job with the finale but it would’ve been perfect to include lucas and peyton. even if they couldn’t be in the final episode they should’ve been mentioned in the finale interviews…

Comment by jnell – June 17, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no one really knows why chad and hilarie left but the consensus is Chad wanted more $$$ they said no. Hilarie had been thinking about leaving to pursue other things but with chad gone the Leyton storyline is gone so I’m sure they made Hilarie’s choice to leave easier. They were the heart and soul of OTH and if you don’t believe that then why did the ratings drop significantly after they left.

Comment by dean – August 31, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly wish that Chad and Hilarie had no conflicts at all so they would have remained on OTH, things would have been so much different!

Comment by Rocky – September 3, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it weird if I still miss OTH? To this day I sill wish that Leyton came back one last time to be with the gang, in my mind there is only one way to end the show, that is the whole gang is complete including Rachel and even Jake and Karen will be there. This show has touched my life so much that every single character for me was part of the gang including Whitey of course. I just wish no one had to say goodbye to complete the hapiness, I know that’s too much wishing, just saying. Also if Julian wasn’t around I kinda hope Chase is Brooke’s husband. Loved the finale though seeing most of them are still living there,just wish everybody was there, it would have made it totally different. Music of OTH is the best!Love it!

Comment by Carol – September 26, 2012 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought season 9 SUCKED! I feel like Mark just made up a random script and through it all together. It could have been WAY better. I think they should make a OTH movie maybe.. called the reunion or something. They should bring back EVERYONE. Except the people who died of course. They should have another concert with ALL the people that performed at tric.. like Haley, fall out boy, mia, jacks mannequin, Lupe fiasco, Jimmy eat world, Nada surf, Alex, Erin, kid cudi, the honorary title, Sheryl crow, the wreckers, Nick lachey, and Gavin.. everyone. Then being back all the old characters like of course Lucas and Peyton. Felix and Anna, whitey, Karen and Andy, Rachel, Shelly, bevin, Jake, tim, fergie and junk, deb, Cooper, Glenda, Sam, Larry, Mick, Derek, Chris, chase, grubbs and Miranda, Taylor, Victoria, Paul, Owen, Lauren and David, Erica, Gigi, Marcus, Abby, Jack, ALL the kids(age as they are not older). Just have them reminisce about all the fun times. Do something with the school.. like a game or something. Then the concert at tric and end at the river court. Put the music of one tree hill in the special features and summarize where everyone ended up. That would be an ideal ending to this show! Just a thought though.. maybe it could happen in the next couple years. #Hoping #Wishing #FingersCrossed

Comment by Nicole Burns – November 7, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ENDING WAS GAY. PEYTON SHOULD HAVE CAME BACK WHEN LUCAS DID. SHORT TIME IS BETTER THAN NO TIME AND BEVIN BACK? LOL, ABSELUTE WASTE WERE PEYTON COULD HAVE BEEN.

Comment by Psawyer – December 20, 2012 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ll to start off I love this show so much and I just finished the last show. I would love if they could make more and bring Peyton back she is one of the main characters and her and Lucas were so cute but how they left the last one I can see from now there has to be more if there isn’t I don’t know what is going to happen I am obsessed with that show. We’ll that’s all I have to say I hope they make more. Bye

Comment by Kailyn – February 13, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was definitely one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. I mean it’s kinda sad it has to end with just 9 seasons. I would have definitely loved to see Peyton and Lucas back in Tree Hill, but I guess that just wasnt possible. Anyway, I really do wish that somehow the show makes a comeback. We all want more. It was a lovely finale though.

Comment by Priyanka – May 13, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they going to bring all the actors back together to do any tv specials like a Christmas show.? Or Mabie a movie? This was my favorite show and I so so miss it

Comment by Krista Rafuse Lawrence – July 13, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why isnt there a season 10

Comment by Taylar – October 27, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its a great show…ONE TREE HILL not because i was entertained or amused by the series…i didn’t ever take it as a series …i can tell it from that heartache in me when i was counting even last 30 seconds of that final episode ..I though hoped it to be too surprising like ( Lucas and Peyton back to Tree Hill ) but whatever it was …I didn’t ever feel like i was watching this show in front of my desktop ..I felt like i was living there seeing everything..those characters fighting for their lives, learning from their mistakes and growing up to THAT person that i didn’t even think of they would be…Its been a part of my life and i literally cried when it ended ( not like i have next episode to watch,but like its never …never ever coming back ) ,…loved everything..those fighting backs,those hatred,those love,that friendship and those relationships…All i can say is BEST SERIES EVER and MARK SCHWAHN ..you are a successful director because you just defined the motto of every movies or series
    ” making people believe in what they see and making them believe that as a movie ends happily like HAPPY EVER AFTER …we can live it too..

– LOVE ONE TREE HILL

Comment by Monica – January 7, 2014 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the network cancelled it that’s why no season ten and no bringing it back anytime sophia has made that very clear, hil left to run sogopro and she had a baby n also conflictions for returning not only on WC but also GA . now chad said that he wasn’t asked back for season 7. the show was the best from season 1 to 9 and I love all the cast even paul (dan) the shows last was amazing it just sucks that the uk didn’t play the always n forever or the interviews or any of the extra stuff the US got. at the end for the day its over and all of the cast are doing wonderfuly from films series and tours and they all have one tree hill to thank for launching a worldwide fan base to lift career n help with what they are doing now!! would I love to see something like maybe what 90210 did but it won’t happen so never mind I still love the show

Comment by kylie – February 26, 2014 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post