Exclusive

Glee Exclusive Video: Watch Blaine, Brittany and Mike's Far-Out Disco 'Dancing' Threesome

A disco inferno rips through McKinley High in next Tuesday’s ’70s-soaked Glee, and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the totally tubular opening number featuring Blaine, Brittany and Mike.

52 Season Finales Spoiled —Including Glee, Grey’s, Gossip Girl and More!

In the following clip from episode, the shagadelic trio come down with a serious case of night fever in the middle of class and spontaneously start groovin’ to the Bee Gees classic, “You Should be Dancing.”

Glee Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Puck’s Dad!

Activate the time machine below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Was their performance dynomite, bangin’, bitch’n or outta sight? Oh, and if you’re in the mood for instant Glee scoop and spoilers, click here and hit the “follow” button. All the cool cats are doing it.

Loading video...

1. shksprsis says:

They should be in class.

2. Katelyn says:

everyone needs to stop trolling this song. they did an amazing job on it. and none of you could even sing a quater as good as them. so stfu and just go away

3. HFDC says:

I love it !! fantastic as always my beautiful prince .. and please, complaints directed to the writers of Glee .. Darren is not to blame for being so perfect and the directors love him for that .. hahaha ..

4. hannah says:

awesome

5. Wow, come on people! The whole cast of Glee are incredibly talented, and if THEY can support each other, what gives any of us the right to not support them? It’s only a TV programme, no need to be horrible to each other :)

6. michael says:

la saison 3 elle passe quand en france ?

7. Saber says:

First thought: Blaine, never sing falsetto again. I love Darren and his voice, but this is NOT the song for him.

Also, wouldn’t mind if they traded a few of those solos to Crhis/Kurt. Sadly underused talent.

8. Alita says:

This performance is evidence for the overuse of Darren Criss. This wasn’t the best song for him vocally, but that’s not even the point really- the entire song refers to “my woman” keeping him warm at night, etc., so why would they have the gay kid sing it? There’s clearly no critical plot point that this song highlights, so why not give it to Kevin McHale or even Santana or Brittany . . . someone who is actually into women, the entire point of the song.

9. HFDC says:

WOW!! great jump.. I love you Blaine/Darren.. and Mike and Brit too.. Bravo!!

10. Enza says:

Darren Criss is pure talent and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

11. Don’t knock it guys, it was a great performance. I think he was probably the only guy that could keep up with Harry and Heather as far as dancing is concerned and I think that’s amazing in itself.

12. Kay says:

Calling Darren untalented is blasphemy. His haters are such a joke.

13. munster says:

lol keep dreaming. It’s not a blasphemy to say he’s an untalented actor because that’s a fact. Even in AVPM he was the weakest in the entire cast. He’s decent as a singer and should really think about focusing solely on being a musician.

14. ibs says:

Why? Has the Roman Catholic Church bestowed sainthood on Darren Criss? They haven’t done that in years, last time I checked… He might not be untalented (though that’s a matter of taste), but what he IS is overused – when there is a spectacular group of people, um, sitting in the audience looking bored. I bet the rest of the cast is tired of smiling through their frustration…

15. Jen says:

LMAO Kay are you watching the same show as us?

16. Kay says:

It’s not a fact at all. He’s great at portraying emotions in scenes, even in background moments he’s 100% in character and his chemistry with Chris Colfer is amazing. He’s also talented at singing and dancing. Haters to the left!

17. Beth says:

Agreed with all of this.

18. Wouter says:

Lorainne and i are on the exact same page!

19. KimAMas says:

I’d love to see all the hater’s credentials who are calling Darren untalented. You certainly are entitled to your opinions, but that is what all that is being written is, your opinions. Seeing that Darren is skyrocketing in the industry – starring on Glee, a Broadway show under his belt, a movie coming out later this year, and sought after by numerous other projects – the FACT is he obviously has talent if he is excelling and getting this attention.

20. guest says:

While Darren’s not as good as Chris or Lea in the acting department, he is definitely getting stronger. The difference between his acting in Blame it on the Alcohol and Big Brother is incredible. He’s like any actor in their first season of a show, in that the first season of almost any show has noticeably weak acting by cast members all around.

Also Blaine’s characterization (and lack there of) has been changed so much that even seasoned actors would have a hard time keeping up.

21. mary says:

I mostly agree with lorainnes reply, except about McHale just being a great singer – he can really really sing and I’m thrilled he’s getting a lot more vocals this season, but one of my FAVORITE moments out of all 3 seasons so far is him doing Safety Dance lol. we don’t really get a good opinion of his dancing skills because I think to date he’s had two dances (safety dance and scream).

22. Victoria says:

Why do you even watch Glee?

23. Magui says:

And the duets and the group numbers!

24. Chelsea says:

he really butchered all the songs last week when somebody that i used to know is sitting at number 4 on iTunes. rightttt

25. Beth says:

We live in a world where people like LMFAO sell millions of songs. Sales aren’t indicative of actual talent.

26. Chelsea says:

well it wouldn’t be selling if it wasn’t good.

27. Keke says:

Lol, such a delusional thing

28. Boy says:

Seriously, did they miss the part where Katy Perry recently broke Michael Jackson’s selling records? Jesus.

29. Tina says:

GiuVe – You’re gonna let me ship my Finchel, or else my dad, the king of the vampires, he’ll fly into your bedroom and bite your face off! Is that what you want?

30. Callie says:

See, I’m fine with that. But there’s absolutely no use in complaining. Do you think RIB’s going to actually do something about it? I don’t think so, considering how massive Darren’s fan base is. If they got rid of Darren, there’s a large chance I’d probably stop watching. I’m sure a fair amount of others would stop watching too.

31. Monkeyrat says:

Considering that S1 had the best ratings and that Darren wasn’t in it, I think Glee would do really fine actually.
    Blarren fans out = people who stopped watching because of the annoying amount of screentime/solos he’s getting coming back. Like Santana would say: it’s like the best deal ever.

32. yep says:

Darren usually is spot on with vocals but this fell short IMO. Disco was my era and I loved the song but not Darren’s cover. I do love their dancing.

33. You suck! says:

Acually S2 had the highest rating and you would know this because you looked it up right? Don’t make stupid blanket statements without looking things up. There is this little thing called the internet where you can look things up. Give it a try.

34. fiya says:

^ lol.
    omg.

35. Monkeyrat says:

Actually, I looked it up. But thanks for the suggestion, I wonder what I would do without your supreme stan insight, because you know, like you said, I’m stupid.

Well, if you were honest you would add that “small” detail: S1 ratings were not accounted the same way S2 did (-2 episodes; besides the first ones were in a slightly different context in the sense that the show was still building up its audience). Also, S2 was helped by the fact that the show moved to the 8pm slot, which means that tweens got on board.
    Still, S1 ranked higher than S2 in the average viewership. Maybe you could explain this nonsense to me, since you’re obviously the ratings master?

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night hun. If you are THAT desperate for recognition, here, bask in that flat-out lie, I hope you won’t faint at the thought though: DARREN IS THE BEST AT EVERYTHING !!1!!11!! THE REST OF THE CAST IS RIDICULOUS LOLOLOL !!11!1!!1! HATERS TO THE LEFT !1!!1!1 (Hmmm, needs moar !!1!11!1 to be believable. There, that’s better).

Ah, Blainers… they give me life. They’re so unbiased, genuinely nice, extremely mature… also friendly and polite like no others! Not to mention that they NEVER twist their facts to suit whatever agenda they have at the moment, not like the rest of us in the fandom :)

Oh, by the way, how well did the episodes heavily featuring saint Blaine this season? Especially Big Brother which was Blaine-centric? Oops. Yeah I know, I suck, you’re right! Sorry, I can’t help it :/ I’m not a chosen one, so…

36. James says:

Actually Big Brother had great ratings Monkeyrat. It is an episode that came back after a 7 week hiatus, after the time change too and if you check out all shows, their ratings are down across the board. So if you truly want to compare, compare OMW and BB, then come back. Excellent ratings, that many shows would kill for, that is keeping them on number 4 of Forbes’ list for the making money in half an hour list. Glee is very healthy and isn’t going anywhere any time soon. Now you can hate all you want and display your irrationality all you want and guess what? Who ever you are stanninng for, though I can probably guess, still isn’t going to get more and Blaine still isn’t going anywhere, on the contrary. Life is good. Do carry on.

37. Monkeyrat says:

Irrational me took a look at the numbers (which is indeed an irrational behaviour, you can’t deny it): 6.76 millions for BB. It’s one of the worst ranking in Glee history, not to mention that they hit a season low with that ep. OMW did 7.46, which is not outstanding but still better nonetheless. But a Blaine-centric episode should have drawn more viewers since he’s the golden boy and has so many fans, right? Right.

38. Sushi says:

I’m with ibs on this one. The cast is has nothing to do because of this overexposed d-bag. And you Darren fangirls rush to his aid despite how obviously valid our frustration is. And you like how Glee is a shell of its former self with absolutely no soul to it.

39. elos says:

haha, keep believing that if it makes you feel any better

40. B says:

While that’s true, you cannot just write off anyone who sells as having no talent. Just because Glee refuses to give Darren the soul/folk acoustic songs that are actually in his wheel house doesn’t mean he’s not talented. Anyone whose heard him live can attest to the fact that he does have a beautiful voice. Honestly I expected songs like Fighter to be worse thatn they were, but he does what they ask and made it work fine.