Glee Exclusive Video: Watch Blaine, Brittany and Mike's Far-Out Disco 'Dancing' Threesome

A disco inferno rips through McKinley High in next Tuesday’s ’70s-soaked Glee, and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the totally tubular opening number featuring Blaine, Brittany and Mike.

52 Season Finales Spoiled —Including Glee, Grey’s, Gossip Girl and More!

In the following clip from episode, the shagadelic trio come down with a serious case of night fever in the middle of class and spontaneously start groovin’ to the Bee Gees classic, “You Should be Dancing.”

Glee Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Puck’s Dad!

Activate the time machine below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Was their performance dynomite, bangin’, bitch’n or outta sight? Oh, and if you’re in the mood for instant Glee scoop and spoilers, click here and hit the “follow” button. All the cool cats are doing it.

Loading video...

1. Jo says:

Oh well, If I needed yet another reason to never watch Glee again, there it is: Darren Criss and Heather Morris singing falsetto.

• Ali says:

No, this was fantastic. He has a great voice. I actually really liked this.

• Brittany says:

Too bad girls don’t have falsetto. Their voices are naturally higher than guys, and their vocal chords usually don’t change much through puberty. Nice try though. :)

• Lea says:

Wrong. Men and women are both physically able to sing in the falsetto register. It is just commonly believed that women don’t have falsetto because, unlike with men, there is not as much of a change in the timbre of the voice.
        The falsetto register is the register above the modal register (the “normal” voice for singing and speaking) and below the whistle register, the highest identifiable register of the human voice. A famous example of the whistle register is the role of the Queen of the Night from Mozart’s Zauberflöte, and Mariah Carey!
        By the way, a contralto singer would probably disagree with the statement that female voices are naturally higher than those of guys, because a typical contralto has a voice span almost equivalent to that of a tenor, or sometimes even spanning into the tenor range (Toni Braxton).

• Rumor says:

Nice try to you as well…

• Bob says:

Check out Amber singing Disco Inferno. Glee still has some bright spots in terms of performers. These are not it.

• Lisa says:

this is so Fun, Darren Criss is a brilliant singer, dancer, actor, and damn he looks good too!

• cammtl says:

Complete package. I mean that in so many ways. He seems like a genuine guy.

• calynte says:

I totally agree. Darren Criss gives Lea a run for her money in the singing department, and Harry and Heather a run in the dancing department. This was awesome!!

• totally agree!!!! its fun and i loved it cant stand the beegees but loved this :)

• Melissa says:

I loved it. I seriously don’t get the Blaine haters.
          Will admit that it isn’t my FAVORITE, but it’s not bad either. I just have way too many other Darren/Blaine favorites. This is more of a dance number, because there isn’t that much of a song anyways.

• alison@yahoo.com says:

The singing was OK, but that had to be some of the worst editing of a dance number I’ve even seen on Glee (and that’s saying something). Yes, I realize they were trying to hide the fact that the three were completely out of sync with each other (and yes, I know they only have a week or so to rehearse dance number so they were doing the best they can) But the problem was that instead of hiding it, the crappy editing made that all the more apparent.

• Enza says:

If viewers have reasons to not watch Glee, then don’t watch it! They have plenty of viewers worldwide. All these negative comments are from non musicians. People in music always support and respect a performer.

2. Liam says:

Ugh Blaine. But yaya Brittany and MIke!

• Avi says:

Brittany and Mike are such good dancers, they looks so natural and easy. It’s like that is what they were born to do. When you have Blaine in the front trying to keep up with them it looks like a kid at a wedding trying to do the electric slide but not really knowing the moves. Whoever thought this trio was a good idea should be fired. Also, please for the love of all that is holy stop shopping for Blaine in the little boys section. His shirts are so tight I keep expecting him to hulk out and burst through the clothing.

• Razor1331 says:

• yep says:

LMAO Agree. He was so dapper in his Dalton uniform but absolutely ridiculous in his high waters and vests plus.

• A says:

In an interview, Harry himself has said that Darren is actually one of the best dancers (besides Heather of course). He says that Chord and Cory are the worst.

• jackie says:

Blaine is an excellent dancer!!! Why the hate? He can do anything…sing, dance, skate act, play about eight instruments…….and very easy on the eyes. Hell, with that voice…he can sing about toilet paper, I would buy it. Quit hating…..don’t watch the show if it doesn’t appeal to you. One more thing show me someone who can do what Darren /Blaine does.

• Tyrone Douglas says:

3. Mallie says:

Hot damn Hemo! Girl is werking it!

4. Andy says:

Ok, this is lively and endearing, but, wow, this episode will have no plot whatsoever.

5. brittana says:

6. Bianca says:

Sick of Darren Criss already!!! Can Chris Colfer leave the show so I can stop watching this Sh***??

7. Lisa says:

Must we always have so much Blaine?

8. tirpse says:

YAY, Blaine. It’s great to hear him sing so high. He sounds great in this number.

9. SaraK says:

Really sick of Blaine, Glee needs to stop shoving him in our faces all the time with his millions of unnecessary solo’s. Brittany and Mike owned this.

10. Donna Roucoulet says:

OMG!! My daughter and I will be plugged in!!

11. cecelily says:

this has to be the funniest performance they’ve ever done on glee lmao

12. Sean C. says:

They’d have done better to lower the key to better fit those singers (falsetto isn’t Darren and co.’s strong suit), but the dancing was very fun.

• Brad says:

The dancing was fantastic and I love Darren dearly but… his falsetto sounds so much better live and not for an entire song.

13. Magui says:

Other guys can sing too, right?? Like… Chris Colfer!!?? n(One solo in this season, ONE!!) NO MORE BLAINE!!

• fabulous says:

what was “I am the greatest star”, tho
      because I’m pretty sure that was one solo

• Magui says:

Yes “I’m the greatest star” was the ONLY solo of Chris Colfer this season! ONE! This voice is so unique, but he has real talent, he doesn’t need to see sex or watever…

• Michelle says:

I agree! He is having a solo for the Whitney episode but still, two solos in a whole season?!! Bad Glee! More Chris Colfer!!!!!!

• Jesse says:

I agree! I’m not even that big a fan of Chris Colfer and even I have noticed that he hasn’t gotten to sing as much as Darren. It seems as though Darren is always singing. As much as I adore Darren, I would like to see and hear a little less of him and a little more from one of the other Glee guys.

• ointi says:

yeah. why they don’t give solo to Chris colfer? he is one of the best. different.

14. MarcyAlexander says:

The dancing was great. That falsetto almost killed me (not in a good way)

15. Tracey says:

This was really entertaining. Love them all in it. Great dancers and singers.

16. Ems says:

Wow, Darren Criss was just made to do that! Amazingly though not a number that Heather killed, her dancing seemed off to me?

17. I love it. After this weeks lame (no pun intended about wheelchairs) episode, I’m looking forward to Saturday Night Glee-ver. It looks exciting and fun, the reason I fell in love with GLEE in the first place.

18. Kay says:

People need to stop being assholes about Darren. Why has nobody commented on the fact that Hemo has next to no singing talent? smh.

19. Claire says:

omg Darren. Awesome!

20. Nicole says:

Darren’s voice was absolutely amazing, as was Heather and Harry’s dancing. There’s no need for all this hatred. It’s a TV show, and Darren is extremely talented. Let’s just watch it!

21. Keke says:

I quess Blaine is singing and why do we need other 2? Well at least one of them can sing.

22. Nora says:

I love it. The dancing is great in this one. It’s great that Darren can keep up with Heather and Harry.

23. Kevin says:

Blaine? Again?? SRSLY?! I’m sick of him!!!!

24. Lauren M says:

I loved this! Although I can’t imagine the episode has much plot, it looks fun and I can’t wait to see it. They sounded great, in my opinion.

25. Nocturne says:

grabby hands for all the Blaine and all his dance moves *C*

26. A_J says:

it’s so funny how the same blarren haters spend all their lives waiting for anything about blaine so they can log in under 10 different usernames to spread the hate. this number was ADORABLE and funny, and actually looks like S1 Glee at it’s best – more of this please!!

27. Astoria says:

We get it Glee, Darren is the new teen idol and sell, the poor guy is like a making money machine for others… anyway, people is getting tired of Blaine, but, I still love Klaine, AND. I need more Kurt/Chris in my life.

28. Alice H says:

I’m impressed that Darren managed to keep up with Heather and Harry, two professional dancers. He did a great job on this number.

29. Abby says:

Enough Blaine. Make it stop. Please please make it stop.

30. cecelily says:

all of them are amazing actors and performers and singers. blaine has had little to no story line before last episode and he has less chance of getting a solo than rachel but i see no one complaining about her stealing the spotlight. harry shum, hemo and darren criss are all talented so please stop hating on the video

• Hannah says:

Newsflash , he still doesn’t have a storyline. And he came off as an immature brat because no real reason for his resentment of his brother was given

• yeah. No. says:

Newsflash, he had a major story line in Big Brother, it just wasn’t good. Maybe it’s because Blaine is pretty much a pointless character that brings nothing to the show…

31. Jenny says:

I love this! Fun song and a great trio to sing/dance it!

32. French Fangirl says:

Are you telling that If I break into songs in school, I can cut classes like that ? Glee : Helping you ditch school since 2009. (also werq it, Hemo.)

33. Gina..... says:

Sorry but, why do you guys are like; EWW BLAINE?! NO!
    haha but I think he is good at singing and he is pretty hot! (: just don’t judge him rudely.

34. Bianca says:

Too much of a good thing, isn’t always a good thing.

35. Wowie! I am so excited about this episode, and of course seeing Darren do Barry GIbb?! YES! And where have you been hiding that toe-touch, good sir?!

36. Victoria says:

I love the Blaine haters! They’re getting exactly what they deserve, MORE BLAINE! :D I’m so glad the talented and handsome Darren Criss is being a huge part of my favorite show. I loved this number, I was giggling the whole way through it, and I felt so ridiculously proud of the fact that he could actually keep up with Heather and Harry in this number, because he has just gotten into the groove of New Directions. He’s an amazing actor, and a great singer, and this number was no exception. Plus, I love the little turn they did at the beginning in the middle of the classroom!

And to the Blaine haters, suck it up! You’re stuck with the guy, so stop watching Glee if you hate him so much! ;D

37. Jenn says:

omg. The Glee Fandom is just terrible. They complaining over everything & are never satisfied.

38. logic says:

Another pointless Blaine solo hat is absolutely horrible. Why can’t they give him something his voice is suited for? Like some songs in season 2?

39. Diana says:

<3 Darren baby!!! This is certainly not the best thing Ive seen compaired to the wonderfulness that was this weeks episode, but its not bad. Darren brought it once again, especially with the dancing. I just think the episode overall is going to be one of those WTF episodes.

40. Steph says:

I think this was fantastic!! Especially Brittany and Mike! I can’t wait to see this episode.

41. chanteyrose says:

Really excited about the choreography, wary on the content/context. As much as I enjoy Blaine/Darren, I think the writers should lay off a little so they a) have potential plotlines for next season (as he will still be around), and b) showcase the other wonderful talent and characters on the show.

• Becky says:

I agree with you! I love Blaine/Darren, but even I can see that he’s been getting a lot of solos lately. I personally love it, but I can see why people who aren’t fans of him get annoyed because the other characters aren’t getting as many songs. And yeah, I think they should clear things up with the leaving characters first, and focus on Blaine’s storyline a bit more next season, since he’s staying.

• James says:

They are ALL staying. Seriously people, at least get informed before commenting. Rachel, Kurt, Finn, Santana, they are just moving on within the story, they are not leaving. Sheesh.

42. I love how no matter what Glee sends Darren’s way he makes it so amazing. That boy can sing anything!!! and he can dance with the best of them!!!!!

43. Kira says:

The best 2 dancers, Mike & Brittany, get THAT??? Seriously!?!?!?! Heather Morris is seriously underused. I don’t hate Blaine but I’m tired of Mike, Tina, and Brittany getting the shaft to further his storyline. Considering they’re leaving you would think there would be more focus on them.

44. em says:

oh, darren<3

45. Broadway did amazing things for Darren’s voice and his dancing! Darren baby you are star and all of your fans are so proud of you!

46. Ana says:

Guh, my Blaine! He’s so gorgeous, and talented, and tiny, and funny! I just love him to bits. I agree with the people who are saying he gets too many solos, I’d love to see Chris having a little bit of spotlight too, but to be fair, I’m just glad Darren had some character development in the last episode, it’s the first time we actually learn something about the guy. He’s one of the reasons why I still watch the show…

47. Beth says:

Holy f*ck, that falsetto was horrifying. Why not use the guys that can actually pull that off, like Kevin and Chris? Darren would have been perfectly fine singing something else from the SNF soundtrack, but he completely butchered the BeeGees.

48. Tina says:

Oh look the ontd_glee haters are here. Mission in life…say nasty things about Blaine and Darren regardless of content. Wow – you must have such a fulfilling life. Congrats on making the world a nicer place…oh wait…

• Sand says:

You’re seriously myopic if you think the only people sick of him singing so much are from ontd_glee. You’re also deaf if you think Darren can sing falsetto.

• Beth says:

I’m not sure what ontd_glee is (a chat room?), but I can vouch that not all of us unsatisfied with this song and most of his others are from there. We’re just people with ears.

• ibs says:

ontd_glee is a community (think posting board) on LiveJournal. We’re a pretty active community of people who love Glee enough to see where its flawed, are angry at the inferior show we’re being handed, and clearheaded enough to not be dazzled by it. The moment Darren Criss was annointed ‘savior’ of Glee, the rest of the cast practically disappeared. Other than Rachel and Finn, and Kurt-as-long-as-he-is-just-an-appendage-of-Blaine, that is…

• Beth says:

Oh. I don’t see anything wrong with a group of people with similar likes and dislikes congregating on a message board to share that. People need to stop being so sensitive about people not liking the same things they do.

• James says:

Ha ha, ONTD_Glee is a joke for the rest of the sane fandom. And I do mean sane. Like calling the three songs Blaine/Darren had last episode flops or calling for a boycott of those and saying buy just the other two. Didn’t work out too great for them. SMH at so much hate, hate both for a fictional character but more importantly for an actual real person as that is exactly what they spread. Not to mention pretty vile rumors. Collective therapy would not be amiss.

• Beth says:

So if they’re so bad, then why do you keep checking the board enough to know all of this? You come off as a tiny bit obsessive.

• munster says:

Fighter was a flop for people who like their ears and aren’t deaf from their stanning.

• James says:

Actually I don’t go to ONTD Glee, I see their posts on Tumblr, as people cap them and then we all have a good laugh about it. And no backpedalling – we all know what you losers hoped for, especially as you actually called for a boycott – that is just incredibly out there because really?! Ha, ah the laughing stock of the fandom.

• Lilit says:

Ontd_glee is a brunch of grannies. They r such a bad joke :D

• ibs says:

If a “grannie” is someone who speaks in complete sentences and writes out complete words – guilty! (And thank goodness, too.)

• Uma says:

Blaine is ALWAYS an appendage of Kurt storyline-wise. He just sings more than him.
          The only two episodes where Blaine had a storyline not Kurt-related were Hold on to sixteen and Big Brother.
          But Kurt has tons of storylines without Blaine: Nyada, the Unicorn thing, Hummelberry, Karofsfky, scenes with Burt, scenes with Finn, Kurtcedes (I miss that tho they seem to have forgotten about their friendship) even the Sebastian stuff was more about Kurt than Blaine.

• munster says:

learn the difference

49. Chelsea says:

people need to calm down about Blaine having this number. a number that he killed btw. this is one number of MANY during the episode.

50. ibs says:

Man, I love how the rest of them were sitting there stone-faced. What’s up with that? Are they just as bored with Blaine and tired of Blaine’s showboating as the rest of us?