What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Thursday

On TV this Thursday: Community heads to the carnival, Grey’s Anatomy answers to a new chief, Scandal safeguards an A-list client list and more. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are eight programs to keep on your radar.

Exclusive 30 Rock Video: Tracy’s Nightmare Comes True – His Son Is a [Spoiler]!

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | As the Top 7 are whittled down to a half-dozen, Season 3 finalist Jennifer Hudson, Ne-Yo and Rick Ross perform “Think Like a Man,” and Season 10’s James Durbin performs his new song, “Higher Than Heaven.” (Check out Michael Slezak’s latest recap and the latest Idology episodes.)

8 pm Missing (ABC) | Becca takes matters into her own hands to uncover clues to Michael’s whereabouts — just as Michael plots his escape.

8 pm Community (NBC) | When Britta’s old flame (Kirk Fox aka Parks and Recreation‘s “Sewage Joe”) returns to town, Annie, Troy and Abed try to keep her occupied while Jeff and Shirley stake out the guy’s workplace — a traveling carnival. (Check out our exclusive clip!)

Exclusive First Look: The Office‘s Andy and Erin Reunited at Last – But There’s a Catch!

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | Cristina tries to get Owen to spill details about his affair (watch our exclusive first look video); Chief-for-the-day Mark butts heads with Richard; Meredith is dubbed the first resident ready for the boards; Callie & Co. plan a much-needed ladies night for Teddy.

9 pm Touch (Fox) | Martin’s laptop is stolen on the day of Jake’s important evaluation, and that somehow links them to a woman avenging the death of her family.

Up All Night Boss Previews Tonight’s Musical, Emotional Finale, Looks Ahead to Big Baby Dilemma

10 pm Scandal (ABC) | When a D.C. madam comes under investigation, Pope & Associates works to keep under wraps her client list, which is literally a “who’s who” of powerful politicos (plus maybe one of Olivia’s team members); former White House intern Amanda Tanner continues to be a threat to the president; Lie to Me‘s Brendan Hines debuts as an ambitious reporter on Tanner’s trail.

10 pm Awake (NBC) | An unexpected tip leads Britten to an empty warehouse tied to a case he was investigating before his accident; Dr. Evans helps Britten make a tough decision as Hannah prepares for the move to Oregon. (Get scoop!)

10 pm Punk’d (MTV) | Heroes‘ Hayden Panettiere, with help from Gossip Girl‘s Jessica Szohr and Jersey Shore‘s JWoww, pulls pranks on Zac Efron, Snooki and Glee‘s Dianna Agron. Watch a sneak peek:
Vodpod videos no longer available.

1. Ashlyn says:

Haven’t seen Touch yet. Is it worth catching up and getting invested?

• kirads09 says:

I personally think so. Beautifully done.

• alysa says:

i do too.. i find myself at the end of every episode smiling at how perfect it was.. and i only just got into it a week ago.

• TV Watcher says:

No. Its overly schmaltzy and by wrapping up the (well telegraphed) connections each episode, its too procedural for a show that should be about the long story arcs. You’d be better off investing time in Person of Interest and Awake or even Scandal (maybe, we’ll see how the second episode goes). The only reason to watch Touch is so you don’t watch Missing which is even worse.

• Katy says:

Having seen both person of interest and touch I much prefer touch. I agree that it is a bit ggoey, but certainly well written with an interesting plot (with certain items which come up in several episodes in a Fringe like way..). Person of Interest lost my interest after 3 episodes. touch has left me wanting more and Kiefer Sutherland got hot..when did that happen?! I recommend touch if you are a fan o series such as Greys Anatomy which are well written some action and a soft touch.

• Katy says:

*gooey, of

• TV Watcher says:

I think the premise of Touch is fantastic which I think contributed to my disappointment with the execution. for a show based on the “interconnectedness of it all”, I imagined there would be a more extended story arc than one episode. It makes sense to me from a marketing standpoint to have a show with minimal serialization so that your casual viewer can pick it up here and there and always be able understand what’s going on but my personal preference bends to heavy serialization with rewards to the viewer for being able to pick up a call back from a season or 2 ago (the “ah, so that’s how that played out” kind of moment). touch seemes overly concerned with making everyone feel good in 43 minutes to ever really challenge itself. I also can’t buy Kiefer as a sensitive dad type. That’s just not who he is to me so I have casting concern there as well.

I think you’re right, people who are watching Grey’s and Missing are probably also liking Touch but I am not in any of those categories. Thanks for the reply!

2. JJ says:

Everyone watch Up All Night season finale tonight!!!!

3. Nick says:

Just have awake tonight

4. Community and DVRing Awake. I’m giving up 30 Rock for now – it just hasn’t been very funny lately. I’m definitely interested to see what happens in Awake. The twist at the end of the last episode was great!

5. bad kevin says:

Touch & Awake.

6. nnest says:

touch and awake

7. nnest says:

touch , awake and DVR Missing

8. Philippa says:

Grey’s sucks now, and I gave Scandal a try, and it was so boring.

9. Scandal is SO good… but this episode was on hulu, so I have nothing to look forward to tonight. :/

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com says:

I just watched the finale this morning (aka Episode 7) and it gets BANANAS, I tell you.

• jenna says:

personally I was really disappointed by scandal, I felt that the writing was just really wordy and repetitive, I guess that’s shonda’s style but the repetition was just so much that it kept ruining the dialogue for me

10. Amy says:

Community is going to be awesome. More shirtless Joel

11. Chrissy says:

Sewage Joe! :)

12. Steven says:

Watch live: Community, 30 Rock, The Office, Awake. (I’ll probably walk the dog during Up All Night.)
    Hulu tomorrow: Missing, Scandal. I wish one of them were on at 9/8c, to fill up the holes–I’m not so attached to The Office anymore that I couldn’t skip it.

Thank the Lord, though… next week, Community, 30 Rock and Parks & Rec!!

13. Punk’d is a must, Up All Night finale (cute little show!) and I MUST check out Missing at some point.

14. Holly says:

Person of Interest repeat at 10:00 pm.

15. Melissa says:

Is Scandal worth watching, i’m intrigued, but only willing to add another show if it is worth it.

16. Amy says:

There’s no new Big Bang Theory, right? If yes then please watch Community everyone!

17. William says:

just Awake

18. Justin says:

Missing and The Office for me tonight.

19. G says:

With all the repeats, looks like just Missing for me.

20. juan says:

Of course Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal, can’t wait for the new episode of Grey’s and my whole fam and I liked Scandal. I wish something I would like to watch were on at 8.

21. l says:

Missing and Grey’s!!!!!

22. theresa says:

Watching Community & Greys. DVR 30 Rock, The Office, Up All Night & Awake. Watching Missing & Scandal online this week end.

23. Rosemarie says:

I love ABC…I’ve been watching ABC since I was a kid & had to watch soap operas during my summers off :) so for me, its DVRing Missing & Scandal b/c I am also a basketball Junkie so I watch BB everynight…If not on NBA on TNT then NBA League channels…(watching Heat/Bulls now) If not watching those, then I’m gone down to Philips Arena to watch the Atlanta Hawks in action…so I pretty much have to watch my ABC programs on Fridays or wknds on DVR..& yes I like GCB too but would have rather watched PanAm :(… I just wanna see Jennifer Garner in ALIAS again….. LOL she was my fave SHERO!!!