Exclusive: Charlie Sheen Recruits Ex-Wife Denise Richards For Anger Management Stint

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Charlie Sheen thinks his ex-wife Denise Richards is in need of some Anger Management.

Sheen has tapped his former spouse to guest star in his new FX comedy series, which is set to debut on Thursday, June 28 at 9/8c with back-to-back episodes.

Richards will play Lori, the new business partner of Charlie’s onscreen ex, Jennifer (Shawnee Smith).

SCOOP: Married With Children Returning to Fox!

Loosely based on the 2003 Jack Nicholson/Adam Sandler movie, Anger finds Sheen playing Charlie Goodson, a former baseball player with rage issues who himself ends up as an unconventional anger management therapist. The cast also includes Selma Blair as a therapist and possible love interest to Sheen’s character.

Soap Opera BLOODBATH: Days of Our Lives Fires Four Stars

This is hardly the first time the now-friendly exes have worked together. Richards played Sheen’s girlfriend on Spin City, and years later recurred as his ex on Two and a Half Men.

Press PLAY below to watch the first official teaser from Anger.

Comments (10)

• That had to have been an awkward conversation. Though, given how starved for work they both are these days, I can’t say I’m all that surprised. It certainly makes for an attention-grabbing headline.

Comment by wordsmith – April 11, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When Desperate Plaintiff divorces Desperate Defendant, they write a clause into the settlement saying they’ll agree to work together again six months after they stop getting press or when one or the other has a new project to pimp. If it hadn’t been this, they would have been in a commercial arguing who got their chocolate in the other one’s peanut butter.

Comment by Turnitup – April 11, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow wordsmith, Charlie Sheen is doing well so your jabs are inaccurate and useless..eyeroll but yep Denise needs work and Charlie is nice enough to give it to her.

Comment by Lulu – April 11, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right, I misspoke. Charlie Sheen is a kind and generous human being.

Comment by wordsmith – April 11, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • he is certainly more kind and generous than you that’s for sure ah and he has talent and charisma..you besides your bitterness on an internet board..not much to offer poor wordsmith
        Anger Management here i come !

Comment by elly – April 12, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice of Charlie, can’t wait to watch Anger Management; the teaser is fun.

Comment by ems – April 11, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Charlie’s new show! I’m sure it will be hilarious and I think it was nice of him to hire Denise though I don’t think it’s surprising. Charlie had issues but I think those two really loved each other.

Comment by Kathy – April 11, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never liked Two and a Half Men and when Charlie went crazy I was very annoying but this show has some solid actors and could turn good, ill most likely check it out.

Comment by Russ – April 12, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am excited to hear that Charlie is starring in a new sitcom. I loved him in Two and a Half Men and frequently watch the reruns. I am looking forward to his new show and can’t wait till It begins. I wish Charlie continued success!!!

Comment by Francine Flores – April 13, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted this to happen so bad….I preyed and preyed, it is so great that family can stick together..Good Luck Charlie…we all will be watching, all 30 million of us that can still pay for monthly tv bills….now……..get the girls and the twins………Charlie that would be sooo winning…..we want to see those cute kids of yours…The world loves your Charlie Sheen!
    Tiger fists and all….