General Hospital Cheats Death as ABC Instead Ends The Revolution Talk Show

The Revolution will no longer be televised — as of July 9 — as ABC has elected to snuff the daytime self-improvement show, our sister site Deadline reports.

As such, ABC’s last remaining soap opera General Hospital, which was at risk of being sent to the morgue upon the September 10 arrival of Katie Couric’s daytime talker, has a new lease on life and will thus live to celebrate 50 years on air come April 1, 2013.

General Hospital Puts Another One Life to Live Vet on Contract

Filling the gap from The Revolution‘s end to Katie‘s debut will be GMA In the Afternoon, a companion show of sorts to ABC’s morning program.

What do you say, GH fans? Are you thrilled to dodge that bullet (unlike pregnant Carly was able to when Sonny popped her in the noggin)?

1. L. George says:

I was very upset when All My Children and One Life to Live were cancelled. I didn’t like
    The Revolution and might watch The Chew if it was in a different time slot, maybe on the food channel. I love General Hospital and I am glad that it is not being cancelled.

2. kimberly says:

I am not shock that the talk the revolution went off the air.HA!HA!HA!That is what happens when you mess with All My Children And One Life To Live Dedicated Fans!We turned the Chanel!

3. Bernice says:

I have been watching General Hospital since it started, but the writers have gotten so stupid in their writing because they make smart people appear dumb. This is getting boring, please improve the script or my friends and I will stop watching this show.

4. CC says:

So glad they 86 that show it and the Chew was boring in the beginning and a little better now and I feel better since they integrated OLTL and GH so I’m not so mad anymore but seriously ABC need to find a replacement Jason or find a body cause Sam just make me cry everytime they show her and Danny

5. Carolyn foster says:

I wish u would take the chew off and all the other day time shows that are on.Gh is the only show I watch on abc.they r all boring.

6. Rusty says:

Carly , of General hospital looks great! How did she lose weight so fast? I would love to try it as I constantly try. Thank you, A fan, she’s a great actress. Rusty

7. char1908 says:

I’m glad GH is still on I have looked at gn,amc,and oltl all my life I,m 36 and I miss oltl and amc so much I feel like I’am mising apart of my family

8. Kathie Wahl says:

been watching for I think the entire 50 years…..its like family and love seeing all the old faces again to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Would HATE it if it went off the air. I also will not watch The Chew because it took off All My Children, and I miss One Life To Live as well….have always been a dedicated ABC Soap Opera fan…..LOVE LOVE LOVE GH…

9. Sancra says:

PLEASE don’t ever scrap GH–and cant you keep the news from interrupting the program……Thanks for a wonderful hour each week day……