Hot Vampire Diaries Video: Lauren Cohan Is Back!

File this under How the Heck Did We Miss This?: Lauren Cohan is Vampire Diaries-bound once more.

The Walking Dead actress/Supernatural alumna appears briefly in a promo for the CW saga’s next new episode (airing April 19), reprising her role as Rose, the likeable vamp who midway through Season 2 suffered a horrific werewolf-bite death.

In the upcoming installment, titled “Heart of Darkness”, Damon and Elena head to Denver to check on Jeremy — and since they’re already there, why not have baby bro put to good use his “I See Dead Vampires” skills?

Vampire Diaries First Look: Jeremy Returns – and He’s in Trouble (Again!)

Press PLAY below to watch Rose send a message to the star-crossed twosome, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Cohan’s surprise return!

Comments (44)

• WHO CARES!! LAME ASS SHOW!

Comment by Scott – April 5, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t read it then…..

Comment by Lauren – April 5, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • then why go to the troublw to post a comment?

Comment by luli – April 5, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Obviously you care, since you took the time to read and comment…

Comment by Corinne – April 5, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares for this lame ass show?

Dude please don’t hate just because you saw a episode in the middle of the season without knowing what you were watching, and I can tell you this that this show is 100% better than Twilight and I gotta say that it’s sad to see that Twilight has ruined the vampire genre. So before commenting watch the first season and you will be hooked just like me.

Comment by Peter – April 5, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me think thou dost protest too much:

If you don’t care…. then why even come to this section, watch the video, and post a comment?

D&E in a bed…..

Comment by DamonsMoll – April 5, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually I watch with my sister only because she begs me to..It’s ridiculous it’s like 90210 got dropped in a coffin with a bunch of wannabe vampires…I don’t see how this show manages to keep it’s ratings..maybe the fact that the people who are casts in it are pretty even though they cannot act.

Comment by Scott – April 5, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why I don’t totally agree with Scott, I have to say I am starting to hate this show more and more. I have been a fan since day one and while I feel a certain loyalty to the show..it has gotten to soap opera like…The only thing good this season has been Cassidy Freeman..IMO she is the only one who can act on the show.

Comment by Jane – April 5, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL. I totally disagree. I wasn’t a fan of Cassidy Freeman’s over-acting as Tess on Smallville and I really wasn’t impressed with her as Sage. She kinda stinks up every scene she’s in IMO. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment by Jo – April 6, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know 1 in 5 people have an IQ of 80 or below (dumb as a box of rocks), and 1 in 5 are close enough. Now we know why we get certain posts…

Comment by Tarc – April 5, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Worst show EVER! Keep Maggie on The Walking Dead where she belongs, these CW people clearly never knew what to do with her.

Comment by white walker – April 5, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh my god….I want Delena!

Comment by Caygri – April 5, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Delena too! This episode looks like it will be Delenalicious! I can’t wait!!!!!

Comment by Susy – April 5, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Delenalicious” – my new favourite word! Haha! Very excited about this ep. Love Rose!

Comment by Hannah – April 6, 2012 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m glad you like “Delenalicious”! It’s a combination of Delena & delicious. I came up with it to describe any juicy Delena scene.Btw, we Delena fans are “Delenians”, which is a combination of Damon & Elena (and Nina & Ian)!

Comment by Susy – April 6, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch this show every week, and I’ve read the books too…Who is this DELENA you’re talking about? You must be new to V.D. There’s an “ELENA” on the show. Gyet it right!!!:-)

Comment by EvieP – April 5, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Delena it s the couple damon and elena

Comment by Caygri – April 6, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delena! Delena! Delena! Delena! Delena!

Comment by George2k – April 5, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Scott – Lame show, but you clicked the link to find out what happens on it. Either you love Laren Cohan or you watch the show enough to care what happens. It’s cool bro, we won’t tell.

Comment by James – April 5, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missed her…but we NEED more Elijah =(

Comment by max – April 5, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys are quite late on this! Haha No matter, can’t wait for April 19th so I can see VAMPIRE DIARIES and SECRET CIRCLE (we finally get to find out who the other Blackwell child is! YES) again.

Love the song they use in this promo by the way.

Comment by Anon – April 5, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I for one don’t have time to watch promos (too fast with the DVR FF button), so thank you TVline for blogging this! I appreciate your work.

Comment by lauren – April 5, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Huh? They show the new promos for the next episodes immediately after the new episodes end.

Comment by Anon – April 5, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the other Blackwell child is Faye, since her mom had this thing for John Blackwell. I pray I’m wrong, I can’t stand her.

Comment by EvieP – April 5, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I loved Rose! I really wish she hadn’t died so soon. When they mentioned her while tracing back the vampire bloodline last week, I was wondering if she’d be back in a flashback, since they need to find out who turned her.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 5, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Anon: it’s called Turn it back by Nik Ammar =)

Comment by eton12 – April 5, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOT HOT HOT. Hope this episode helps bring the second half of this season up some.. it hasn’t been as good as other parts of the show’s run for sure.

Comment by Danielle H – April 5, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay, rose is back! she is my fave, i was so sad when she died. i am one of the few people who doesn’t really care about ships on this show, delena or stelena, i’m ok with every ship :)

Comment by ksenija – April 5, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t understand what she says…..can anyone interpret, please?

Comment by Jason – April 5, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason: She says “Tell Damon I’m rooting for him and Elena” :)

Comment by katy917 – April 5, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And, to that, I say, “Me, too, Rose. Me, too.”

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – April 5, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well I guess you know where I stand.

Comment by I Heart Dan Humphrey (and Stefan Salvatore) – April 5, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • For shame! Though, I do like Dan and Stefan, too. Just, not as much. :)

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – April 5, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! The whole Rose arc is what actually got me into TVD. Her death was probably the most beautiful thing on the show IMO.

Comment by em – April 5, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I wept like a baby when she died.

Comment by Candy – April 5, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, I only watch Vampire Diaries out of boredom and cause my mum likes to watch them, I couldn’t wait for her to appear in this and I fell in love with Rose but then they had to go and kill her. Nothing effects me on this show, sad scenes, love scenes but her death was so beautiful and heartbraking that i had to go upstairs and cry like a baby. I think Lauren Cohen brought the character to life, if anyone else portrayed her then it wouldn’t have had the same effect on me, for sure.

Comment by CJ – August 10, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Rose! This show made me actually cry when she died. Please bring Jeremy! I want to know who else he has been seeing.

Comment by Diva – April 5, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Rose, happy to see her back even for one ep as a ghost.

Comment by Sandra – April 5, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This promo has been out for a week. How the heck DID you miss it?

Comment by Em – April 5, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Easy, nobody is watching The Vampire Diaries anymore. Seriously, why else to take her from The Walking Dead unless they desperately need the stunt casting?

Comment by white walker – April 5, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still wating for her to return to supernatural to have angry sex with Dean. But I guess this is better than nothing.

Comment by Jelly – April 6, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post