Hot Vampire Diaries Video: Lauren Cohan Is Back!

File this under How the Heck Did We Miss This?: Lauren Cohan is Vampire Diaries-bound once more.

The Walking Dead actress/Supernatural alumna appears briefly in a promo for the CW saga’s next new episode (airing April 19), reprising her role as Rose, the likeable vamp who midway through Season 2 suffered a horrific werewolf-bite death.

In the upcoming installment, titled “Heart of Darkness”, Damon and Elena head to Denver to check on Jeremy — and since they’re already there, why not have baby bro put to good use his “I See Dead Vampires” skills?

Vampire Diaries First Look: Jeremy Returns – and He’s in Trouble (Again!)

Press PLAY below to watch Rose send a message to the star-crossed twosome, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Cohan’s surprise return!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Scott says:

WHO CARES!! LAME ASS SHOW!

• Lauren says:

Don’t read it then…..

• luli says:

then why go to the troublw to post a comment?

• Corinne says:

Obviously you care, since you took the time to read and comment…

• Peter says:

Who cares for this lame ass show?

Dude please don’t hate just because you saw a episode in the middle of the season without knowing what you were watching, and I can tell you this that this show is 100% better than Twilight and I gotta say that it’s sad to see that Twilight has ruined the vampire genre. So before commenting watch the first season and you will be hooked just like me.

• DamonsMoll says:

Me think thou dost protest too much:

If you don’t care…. then why even come to this section, watch the video, and post a comment?

D&E in a bed…..

• Scott says:

Actually I watch with my sister only because she begs me to..It’s ridiculous it’s like 90210 got dropped in a coffin with a bunch of wannabe vampires…I don’t see how this show manages to keep it’s ratings..maybe the fact that the people who are casts in it are pretty even though they cannot act.

• Jane says:

Why I don’t totally agree with Scott, I have to say I am starting to hate this show more and more. I have been a fan since day one and while I feel a certain loyalty to the show..it has gotten to soap opera like…The only thing good this season has been Cassidy Freeman..IMO she is the only one who can act on the show.

• Jo says:

LOL. I totally disagree. I wasn’t a fan of Cassidy Freeman’s over-acting as Tess on Smallville and I really wasn’t impressed with her as Sage. She kinda stinks up every scene she’s in IMO. Different strokes for different folks.

• Tarc says:

You know 1 in 5 people have an IQ of 80 or below (dumb as a box of rocks), and 1 in 5 are close enough. Now we know why we get certain posts…

• white walker says:

Worst show EVER! Keep Maggie on The Walking Dead where she belongs, these CW people clearly never knew what to do with her.

2. Caygri says:

oh my god….I want Delena!

• Susy says:

I want Delena too! This episode looks like it will be Delenalicious! I can’t wait!!!!!

• Hannah says:

“Delenalicious” – my new favourite word! Haha! Very excited about this ep. Love Rose!

• Susy says:

I’m glad you like “Delenalicious”! It’s a combination of Delena & delicious. I came up with it to describe any juicy Delena scene.Btw, we Delena fans are “Delenians”, which is a combination of Damon & Elena (and Nina & Ian)!

• EvieP says:

I watch this show every week, and I’ve read the books too…Who is this DELENA you’re talking about? You must be new to V.D. There’s an “ELENA” on the show. Gyet it right!!!:-)

3. George2k says:

Delena! Delena! Delena! Delena! Delena!

4. James says:

@Scott – Lame show, but you clicked the link to find out what happens on it. Either you love Laren Cohan or you watch the show enough to care what happens. It’s cool bro, we won’t tell.

5. max says:

Missed her…but we NEED more Elijah =(

6. Anon says:

You guys are quite late on this! Haha No matter, can’t wait for April 19th so I can see VAMPIRE DIARIES and SECRET CIRCLE (we finally get to find out who the other Blackwell child is! YES) again.

Love the song they use in this promo by the way.

• lauren says:

I for one don’t have time to watch promos (too fast with the DVR FF button), so thank you TVline for blogging this! I appreciate your work.

• EvieP says:

I think the other Blackwell child is Faye, since her mom had this thing for John Blackwell. I pray I’m wrong, I can’t stand her.

7. Oh, I loved Rose! I really wish she hadn’t died so soon. When they mentioned her while tracing back the vampire bloodline last week, I was wondering if she’d be back in a flashback, since they need to find out who turned her.

8. eton12 says:

@Anon: it’s called Turn it back by Nik Ammar =)

9. Danielle H says:

HOT HOT HOT. Hope this episode helps bring the second half of this season up some.. it hasn’t been as good as other parts of the show’s run for sure.

10. ksenija says:

yay, rose is back! she is my fave, i was so sad when she died. i am one of the few people who doesn’t really care about ships on this show, delena or stelena, i’m ok with every ship :)

11. Jason says:

I can’t understand what she says…..can anyone interpret, please?

12. katy917 says:

Jason: She says “Tell Damon I’m rooting for him and Elena” :)

13. em says:

Yay! The whole Rose arc is what actually got me into TVD. Her death was probably the most beautiful thing on the show IMO.

• Candy says:

I agree, I wept like a baby when she died.

• CJ says:

Agreed, I only watch Vampire Diaries out of boredom and cause my mum likes to watch them, I couldn’t wait for her to appear in this and I fell in love with Rose but then they had to go and kill her. Nothing effects me on this show, sad scenes, love scenes but her death was so beautiful and heartbraking that i had to go upstairs and cry like a baby. I think Lauren Cohen brought the character to life, if anyone else portrayed her then it wouldn’t have had the same effect on me, for sure.

14. Diva says:

I miss Rose! This show made me actually cry when she died. Please bring Jeremy! I want to know who else he has been seeing.

15. Sandra says:

Love Rose, happy to see her back even for one ep as a ghost.

16. Em says:

This promo has been out for a week. How the heck DID you miss it?

• white walker says:

Easy, nobody is watching The Vampire Diaries anymore. Seriously, why else to take her from The Walking Dead unless they desperately need the stunt casting?

17. Jelly says:

I’m still wating for her to return to supernatural to have angry sex with Dean. But I guess this is better than nothing.