Survivor: One World: Is There Any Way [Spoiler] Can Win? Take Our Poll!

survivor one worldYou’ve got to hand it to Kim: I can’t remember a player in recent Survivor history who’s been able to juggle multiple, conflicting alliances without so much as getting a suspicious eyebrow from one of her (soon-to-be-betrayed) comrades.

Of course, after this week’s episode — in which Kim, Chelsea, Kat, and Sabrina used basic math to decide that a six-way ladies alliance was preferable to a seven-way Salani alliance, and then got Troyzan and Jay to join them in giving Michael the boot — I’ve got to wonder: Is there any way a man can overcome the 6-to-4 gender imbalance and pull off a victory this season?

Take our poll below, and for all my reality TV coverage, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. erin says:

I’m expecting a Sabrina and Kat to make the finals with either Chelsea or Kim, but I think that they’ll split the two of them up knowing their allegiance to one another. I’m fully expecting a Sabrina win at this point, but not really sure why. Just a hunch.

• Rolfe says:

If I were Sabrina I’d want to go with Kim and Chelsea instead of Kat and on of them. Kim and Chelsea could split a lot of jury votes and Sabrina could win with three.

2. Rolfe says:

Look at Vanuatu.. Chris was the last man standing and ended up winning. (The core four girls seem strong though.) I love Kim. Think she is one of the best players I’ve seen in season. I just hope she didn’t make her move too soon.

• Cameron says:

I think the girls this season are much better players then Vanuatu. They have a much stronger core with Sabrina, Kim and Chelsea. I don’t think any guy will break that alliance. The only hope is Troyzan will do something smart with his idol to bring him and Jay just alittle further in the game. I like Jay is actually thinking ahead -but once he goes that’s it for any of the guys.

3. João says:

of course, remember Vanuatu? hahaha

4. Cole says:

I think that the two people with the best shot at winning are Kim and Jay. Both of them are two of the smartest players this season and continuously do well in challenges. Personaly i am rutting for Kim.

• dan says:

You have to include Sabrina as having a good shot at winning. Everybody seems to like her, she is a major threat to anybody, and she is making good decisions without ticking people off. Kim has a great chance at winning and Jay…well…the man is easy on the eyes, but I don’t expect him to win (unless he is the last man standing and the girls split votes between Kim and Sabrina while the guys all vote for him).

• dan says:

Sorry, should’ve re-read my entry before posting. I meant to say that Sabrina “isn’t” a major threat to anybody. My bad.

5. I think Jay is poised for a coup d’etat. Now whether or not it will work is another question entirely.

6. Taiquaishia says:

In the previews, it looked as though the men were trying to rally up the women on the outs, Christina and Alicia. I don’t know if that will work, though.

7. Depends on how next week’s elimination plays out. If the men can get at least Christina and probably Kath and Alicia who are clearly on the outs in the women’s alliance, they can certainly change the way this game is played out. Hopefully it does because I love it when people do scramble to make the game truly exciting and unpredictable.

8. Laura says:

Kin is getting an incredible winners edit. It’s not even subtle. I really hate when the game boils down to a battle between the sexes. Mainly because it is so predictable that the girls get their act together and destroy the guys. I think it is an ongoing theme in almost every Survivor season about a girls allegiance -and usually the women win out. The guys are always two steps behind all the calculating ladies and make so many missteps along the way. Colton and Tarzan destroyed any chance for a guy to win this season. Colton, if he had stayed, would had gone to the women’s side -and Tarzan is so intimidated by the young guys that these two single-handedly made this season very hard for the guys. Next week will tell us if the girls go all the way -Troyzan’s idol is the only hope the guys have and if the guys can get Christina or Alyssa who seem to be on the outs of the girls alliance. I’m expecting tJay to go next week if he doesn’t win immunity and then it will be all down-hill for the guys. I really am dreading another Vanuatu but it looks that way again.

9. Simon says:

The guys need to take down two women to get to even numbers and make this a fair fight. While I think they might be sucessful once -I kind of doubt the odds will work in their favor twice. Jay needs to win next week -so the girls target Troyzan and he uses his idol to save himself. If the guys target Kim and get her immunity idol out of the game -then the rest of the season will be a free-for-all. But I doubt it is going to work out that way. One of the girls definitely needs to be swayed to help out the guys.

10. JBS says:

This is definitely turning into a season similar to Vanuatu. But I personally think unlike Vanuatu, the women this season will stick together to the end eliminating all the guys.
    Plus, the majority of the guys this season seem to be dumber compared to Chris. Of course, he played in the era before the HII even existed.
    I think the only 2 guys who have a shot at winning the whole thing are Jay(physical threat and not as dumb as he looks) & Troyzan(same reasons as Jay PLUS his HII.) A lot of things have to happen for one of them to win, but if Colton can be evacuated due to a medical emergency, then anything is possible.

• dan says:

C’mon…you don’t think Lief has a chance? The man can flip off of any object and he loves bar-b-que! Seriously, either Troyzan or Jay have to win immunity next week and then somebody needs to play the HII (even if that means Troyzan gives it to another guy) otherwise the women will pick off the guys one by one.

11. B says:

I’m remembering just a few weeks back, when the exact opposite question was being asked after week two: Do the women have any chance at all?

You never know what twists the producers may still have up their sleeves for the rest of the season, or how the remaining contestants might change something up.

12. Chris says:

Which player is Kim again? I don’t even know what she looks like.

• dan says:

She is the very pretty (long, brown hair), bridal shop owner from Texas. Always whispering with Sabrina and/or Chelsea (she of the fake boobs that Tarzan thinks created a hate for plastic surgeons).

13. Josh says:

I think Jay is toast if he doesn’t win immunity in the next Episode i see Sabrina Kim and my baby momma Chelsea sticking together along with Kat i want Sabrina/Kim/Chelsea or Kim/Kat/Chelsea Final 3

I think Kim is playing the Best Game and will likely win but i would love for sexy mama Chelsea to win!

14. Teag says:

I think Kim will win.

15. Joe says:

Kim’s showing that she’s a great player. She’s running the show but letting Chelsea and Sabrina think they’re all equals. If she blows this, it’ll be a major upset.

16. Cyrus says:

Don’t you think it is crazy that Christina survived another week? I think she actually stands a chance LOL

• Joe says:

It’ll be interesting to see what Kim’s end game is. She can’t possibly want to go the final tribal with Sabrina and Chelsea. Sabrina, a bit more than Chelsea, could beat her since she’s played a straight up game and helped lead the women early on.

I’m wondering if at some point Kim decides she needs to drag a Tarzan, Christina, Alicia or Leif to the final tribal while remaining loyal to Chelsea, to increase her odds.

17. D says:

So refreshing to see an attractive female player getting by on her smarts.