The Secret Circle on the Bubble: Keep Or Cut?

Come mid-May (if not sometimes sooner), the networks will be making some tough calls as to which series will return for the 2012-13 TV season, and which … won’t. As we did last spring, TVLine is singling out select “bubble” shows to survey their prospects. Next up is a freshman drama hoping to conjure up a pick-up:

THE SHOW: The Secret Circle (The CW)

THE TIME SLOT: Thursdays at 9/8c.

THE CASE FOR KEEPING | With so many plots still to be resolved and mysteries to be delved into, a well-crafted season finale unleashing the right twists and a great cliffhanger could push the show into the Must See category alongside The Vampire Diaries. The ingredients are all there – an appealing cast (more Diana, please!), dark threats, intriguing power struggles – but it just needs that extra “something” to kick the show into full gear. Also, considering the timeslot competition (Grey’s, the red-hot Person of Interest, whatever’s airing after American Idol) and the challenges that come with a first year show finding its storytelling groove, it’s possible Secret Circle just hasn’t yet gotten a fair shot to show us everything it has up its sleeve.

THE CASE FOR CUTTING | The witchy drama is a solid companion to The CW’s vampy crown jewel, yes — but is that enough? There’s no sugarcoating it: Despite the build-up to its launch – It’s from Kevin Williamson! It’s also based on a L.J. Smith book series! It’s got magic! – TSC hasn’t been able to generate the same level of dynamic storytelling, ratings and buzz as its lead-in. And with so little real estate available – The CW only programs 10 hours a week – perhaps its time to give another series the plum perch behind the netlet’s most watched program?

Fox’s Fringe on the Bubble: Keep or Cut?

Vote below, then hit the Comments to make your own case for keeping or cutting The Secret Circle.

1. Isabel says:

i love tsc and i want it kept on the air. you can put it on nbc or cbs or even abc but just please put it back on the air..

2. The secret sircle says:

I say keep i cant wait to see what happens next. H0pe jake nd cassie get back together. They are a cute couple al0t of em0tion between them.

3. Angellica.T. says:

The Secret Circle is one of the best shows the CW had that’s why they should renew it because it was one of their two most watched shows who gets rid of one of their top two most watched shows that’s just stupid

4. Angellica.T. says:

The CW should renew The Secret Circle because it was one of the cw’s most watched shows there for is really good there for they should have kept it

5. cola says:

If they deleted secret circle I will suicide…. I really mean it… I just can’t leave without it..

6. Stacey says:

I think that The Secret Circle should make a 2nd season. You can’t just end the show on a cliff hanger its not right. I love that show, I even watched the entire season in just 4 days beacause I thought there was going to be more. Yes, at the end ratings might have dropped, but there is always a chance they might go up again. Please Continue The Show!!

7. firiyal says:

I thnk the secret circle deserves anoda chance to up its rating I totally luv the series nd thr whle killin of the main character nd replacing it wit anoda was genius plz bring us a season2

8. adrianna says:

I started the series n oily t too ling ago and just finished it they should add more they kinda left me hanging because it looked like het siblings were just arriving to town…

9. Lorenzo says:

please make season 2 Secret Circle thank you very much stop playing around its not fair to your Fans

10. raymond mortimer says:

The secret circle is a must see series there has to be a follow up

11. Ruuxiii says:

Good !!! Love,, The Secret Circle ‘is a serial of the best what we, the first season was great. Then when I heard that season 2 does not exist … it was horrible. Pretty please continue, you did a good job and would be really a shame (especially for fans) to give up !!! And have some wonderful actors. I hope you succeed !!! Success !!! P.S. : Excuse me for mistakes. [A huge fan]