TVLine Items: Fox Stages X-Files, 90210 Reunions, Bent Star Joins CBS Pilot and More!

Fox is throwing a star-studded bash to celebrate its 25th anniversary — and we’re all invited.

Premiering Sunday, April 22 at 8/7c, the special will feature Fox cast members, past and present, reuniting to reminisce about their time on respective series, including That ’70s Show‘s Ashton Kutcher, Wilmer Valderrama, Mila Kunis and Laura Prepon, The X-Files‘ David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, Beverly Hills 90210‘s Shannen Doherty, Jason Priestley, Ian Ziering and Gabrielle Carteris and In Living Color‘s Keenan Ivory, Shawn and Marlon Wayans.

American Idol’s Jennifer Lopez and Ryan Seacrest are also slated to join the party, along with Kiefer Sutherland (24), Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal), the Married… With Children fam and Patrick Warburton (The Tick).

A host for the festivities is expected to be announced shortly.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Glee, Thrones, True Blood and More

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Bent star David Walton is replacing Bryan Greenberg (How to Make It in America) as the male lead opposite JoAnna Garcia in CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti comedy pilot, Deadline reports. Greenberg exited the project after a Wednesday table read indicated he wasn’t right for the part. Walton’s pilot gig is technically in second position (see definition) to Bent, should the NBC comedy get renewed.

In other pilot casting news from our sister site, Superbad/Greek alumna Martha MacIsaac will now co-star in NBC’s 1600 Penn, replacing the previously cast Brittany Snow.

• OWN has ordered a third season of Oprah’s Master Class, as well as 10 additional episodes of Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s.

• Recurring Royal Pains players Campbell Scott and Brooke D’Orsay have been promoted to series regulars in the USA Network dramedy’s upcoming fourth season, per TVGuide.com.

Bravo Orders 11 New Series, Including Top Chef and Beverly Hills Housewives Spin-Offs

The Real Housewives of New York City Season 5 will premiere Monday, June 4.

• Chris Caldovino (The Sopranos) will recur in Boardwalk Empire‘s third season, Deadline reports, playing a driver and strong arm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Tags: ,

Comments (21)

• That Fox special actually sounds like a lot of fun.

As for Bryan Greenberg, I’ve liked him since I saw him on Unscripted years ago. I hope he finds a new gig soon.

Comment by DL – April 5, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you.

As for Greenberg….he’ll always be Jake Jagielski of OTH to me.

Comment by Vannesa – April 5, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sure you left the name “Chris Carter” off the list of X-Files people getting back together. It’s always killed him that he wasn’t as famous as his show’s stars, and he never misses an opportunity to inject himself into things.

Comment by dee – April 5, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does David Walton signing onto a new pilot means the chances of NBC picking up Bent for a second session slim to none? One of the fresher comedies NBC has had in quite some time, would be a shame if it gets the axe.

Comment by Lesley – April 5, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is technically in “second position” to BENT, yes; this has been clarified. – Management

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 5, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I loved Bent and I love David Walton so I will check out the new show if it gets picked up

Comment by sarah – April 5, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t the second season of Boardwalk Empire already over?

Comment by scoboot – April 5, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s with Brittany Snow always dropping out of TV projects? First Harry’s Law and now this?

Comment by K – April 5, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I”m pretty sure NBC retooled and kicked Snow and the young black man at the firm out of the show after season 1 ended. She didn’t choose to leave I don’t think.

Comment by Danielle H – April 5, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer I was digging the idea of Bryan Greenburg being back on network tv. I hope he lands another show soon. I love him!

Comment by Sarah – April 5, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MARRIED WITH CHILDREN REUNION! So excited!

Comment by Carmen – April 5, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two people I was happy to be cast in pilots now aren’t even starring in them.
    Really sad about Bryan Greenberg and Brittany Snow. Two of my favorites now out of work. :(

Comment by Darcy – April 5, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unless they do a Herman’s Head reunion I am not watching the FOX special!!

Comment by Jared Negron – April 5, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN! (Except I think the boss guy, Mr. Brackett, is dead.)

Comment by scoboot – April 5, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather Bryan Greenberg….And I’d rather Brittany Snow than other people I don’t know…I’d be more likely to tune in if the show has someone I know in it.
    Fox is 25…goodness it’s a few years younger than I am! It’s been around as long as I can remember though…pretty much. I would be thrilled if Party of Five could be added to that list of cast reunions…

Comment by Robin – April 5, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One word: “Firefly”.

Comment by Courtney – April 5, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Nathan Fillion, Alec Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Jewel Staite, Morena Bacarrin, and Sean Maer need to have a reunion. Those guys are IT!

And I’m a total fangirl for squealing like a child that David and Gillian of XFiles are going to be on the special. I love both of them. And fans have been clamoring to see them together again since XF2. And btw, FOX, we’re WAITING FOR XF3!!!

Comment by Jen – April 5, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder which accent Gillian Anderson will bring to the show…

Comment by Manton – April 5, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment by Nikita – April 5, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy to read the news about Royal Pains!!! Campbell Scott’s Boris is one of my all time favorite USA characters and I am a major Evan/Paige (Brooke D’Orsay) shipper. I sincerely hope this means the wedding will happen!!!

Comment by GeekGirl13 – April 6, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I maybe not jumping up & down about the FOX special
    But it will fun to see/heard the “old gang” of Married with childrens and my ultimate first addiction(bfore [H]ouse)
    THE X FILES…back then FOX RESPECTED MORE THEIR SERIES…now it’s totally different…and sad…
    Anyway..I may watch…but if I miss it…it will not be the end of the world either…
    I’m still more hook/Interested by the last 7 episodes remaing and upcoming special of [H]ouse, than to listen to predictable stories by former FOX’ stars recounted anecdote how much fun/long hrs…shooting theirs series..

Comment by Jules – April 7, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post