Report: Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis Out at SNL – Who Would You Miss Most?

Get More: News

Is Saturday Night Live facing a mass exodus?

US Weekly is reporting that Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis will depart NBC’s late-night institution at season’s end.

An SNLrep, however, tells TVLine, “No decisions have been made and won’t be until the end of the summer.”

The news comes a week after our sister site, Deadline, broke the news that SNL is looking to add a new female regular, possibly to fill the void left by Wiig. One of the frontrunners for the spot, Big Gay Sketch Show alum Kate McKinnon, will get a tryout on this weekend’s show hosted by Sofia Vergara.

Comments (123)

• Has to be Samberg. To this day one of the funniest things I’ve seen on SNL was the digital short “Lazy Sunday” with him an Chris Parnell.
    Plus all the songs with Timberlake were comedy gold.

Comment by Polly – April 4, 2012 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s get something straight, Kristen Wiig is not funny, nor will she ever be funny. Every time I see a skit with her in it, she’s playing the same role: crazy, loud, annoying. Target lady might be her only funny character, but it’s so hit or miss that I don’t care half the time.

Comment by GK – April 4, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO; NO ;NOOOOO they can’t do that, they have to stick around…I love all of them but seriously Kristen Wiig is the best part of SNL she can’t leave!? :’(

Comment by Line – April 4, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooo, I love Andy!

Comment by Sarabi – April 4, 2012 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin Wiig IS funny when she’s not recycling old characters and pretending they’re new. Thankfully this season she stopped doing that, but for several years she became a one trick pony.

Jason Sudakis is a great utility player. He fits in anywhere, like Phil Hartman in his day or Chris Parnell. I think losing him will be the bigger loss.

Andy’s short films are either raucously funny or horribly unfunny. Never in the middle. I still hum “It’ll be a great day” and always laugh at the end where he spits up a little. Hopefully he can transition into bigger parts.

As long as Bill Hader is sticking around I’m happy. And now that Kristin is on the way out, Nassim may have even more room or her ever expanding list of characters. She’s terrific.

Can Fred call it a day, too. His comedy has been more miss than hit lately. And if he’s not going to even try to do a decent impression of President Obama, let Jay Pharaoh do it. His is spot on.

Comment by rowan77 – April 4, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww. I’ll miss Andy and Kirsten. Loved the Digital Shorts Andy would do especially the strange but likable Galaxy Olympics and the hilarious Dick in a box he did with Justin Timberlake. Kirsten was hilarious in some things she did but I could do without the large forehead and tiny hand one…. Creepy! Just curious who would do Romney when Jason leaves.

Comment by Karen – April 5, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Kate McKinnon!. She’ll fit right in. They need to get rid of Seth Meyers. He’s done a terrible job as head writer since Fey left.

Comment by Olive – April 5, 2012 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s too bad that all 3 of them are leaving seeing how Jason, Andy and Kristen were the ones that got me back into watching SNL regularly again before then I was just watching it on occasion after Will Ferrell and Tracy Morgan left. But it looks like all 3 of them are moving on with their film careers and Andy will still continue to do the Lonely Island stuff.

Comment by StuBrew – April 5, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I’m a fan of Kristen Wiig, so I will definitely miss some of her characters and for me, her departure would be somewhat an end of an era. But I would certainly also miss Samberg, as he’s the brains behind most of the Digital Shorts.

Comment by Katie – April 5, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For every person/thing that’s popular, there is a legion of people who hate it for that exact reason. At the end of the day, Kristin Wiig is the MVP of SNL and her departure will leave a huge void in the cast. She’s hilarious and very talented but has a bright future ahead of her in film so I’m not really worried. SNL should be though.

Comment by dude – April 5, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I keep waiting to hear the news that Kenan Thompson is gone…that guy has really overstayed his welcome

Comment by fugly – April 5, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buh-bye!

Comment by Katt – April 5, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Call me old fashion but I never like this new “generation”
    Sometimes the guest hosts were more interesting than the cast…
    But still miss the “OLD GANG” -DCarvey,MMyers & cie..
    I even prefer watching old repeats(DVD) with JBelushi…..
    than watch predictable/annoying comedian who pretend to be funny… And there not…

Comment by Jules – April 5, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t watched SNL in awhile but I heard something about Joe Piscopo getting the axe! Please say it ain’t so!!!!!!!!!! He’s my favorite!!!!!

Comment by David – April 5, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of you who say Kristen Wiig is not funny, go to hulu and watch her “surprise lady” videos. Then come back and tell me she’s not funny

Comment by Luis – April 5, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy. :( </3

Comment by Nina – April 5, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See you in hell Target Lady! Sudeikis was a good supporting player. Samberg will certainly be the biggest loss. He has that rare comedic quality about him where you just look at him and laugh. I can still see him doing Lonely Island debuts, but who knows.

Comment by Nick Vitto – April 5, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching when Keenan Thompson became a cast member ….talk about not funny at all, he just plain SUCKS!!!!! Wigg is decent, Andy is o.k, Jason is actually very funny.

Comment by bigblue56 – April 5, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never liked any of Kristen Wiig’s characters.

Comment by Velvet – April 5, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bill Hader is definitely the best cast member on SNL currently. Sad Samberg and Wiig are leaving, but don’t really care about Sudeikis.

Comment by Wes – April 5, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss all of them! I love Kristen so much! I would have thought it was Kenan, Fred and Seth’s time to go this season!

Comment by Conor Shanahan (@ConorShanahan) – April 5, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally I may be able to stomach a show now that the least funny people will be off (Wig & Andy)! How and why they get more air time is anyone’s guess but the show is horrendous and has been for many years! A little more diversity wouldn’t hurt! How this show has stayed on for so long is a feat in itself!

Comment by Frank – April 5, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just really hope that they do at least one more Kickspit Underground Rock Festival before Sudeikis leaves!

Comment by Winnie – April 7, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen Wiig has carried SNL since she got on the damn show. So who’s the great SNL star on? Keenan Thompson? Jason “Boring Characters” Sudeikis? Vanessa “When Will She Leave” Bayer? I mean if it wasn’t for Kristen Wiig’s plethora of funny characters and expressions, SNL wouldn’t have half of the viewers it does. She is a comedy legend. She will be greatly missed and I hope the show recovers. Because lord help us all if Saturday comedy is left up to Jay Pharoah and Vanessa Bayer.

Comment by Mack Guillory – April 8, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post