Hart of Dixie Hot Shots: Wade and Zoe Finally Get Close — But Will Justin Hartley Interfere?

Erstwhile Green Arrow Justin Hartley makes his Hart of Dixie debut in the CW charmer’s April 16 installment, and wouldn’t you know, that handsome face of his is already rocking the ‘ship that is Wade and Zoe.

The upcoming episode, titled “Bachelorettes & Bullets,” finds Hartley playing a patient who grows rather fond of his pocket-sized doc.

Zoe, being a sane woman, graciously accepts his invite to lunch — but based on the following scoopy pics, we’d say she’s still got Wade on the mind (and vice versa!). And then there’s (of course) George, who also makes a quick photo cameo.

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Smallville‘s Justin Hartley Cast as Love Interest For Zoe

Flip through the hot shots below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on this equilateral love triangle.

Comments (50)

• He’s so hot! Like she needs more hot guys vying for her attention.

Comment by Carrie – April 4, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha!! love this.. I thought two was more than plenty and now we add a gorgeous 3rd!! Man, she is one lucky girl… LOL

Comment by Sarah – April 5, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can;t wait:D

Comment by joanna – April 4, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My number one choice for Zoe: George!
    My number two: Jesse
    My number ZERO: Wade = I DON’T like them as a couple!!!

Comment by Caro – April 4, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you!! I feel like I am the ONLY person that wants Zoe and George together. It might be because of my love for Friday Night Lights but… TEAM GEORGE!!!!!!!!

Comment by amandareynolds – April 4, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I prefer Zoe and George, too!

Comment by Lexi – April 4, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Wade and Zoe have absolutely no chemistry IMO. I like George for her but Justin Hartley’s character would be really nice to look at week after week. :o)

Comment by tp – April 4, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s funny, I think it’s the other way around. George and Zoe to me are like platonic friends in the chemistry dept.

Comment by AMS – April 16, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • GEORGE AND ZOE ARE BASED ON ROMANCE, SOMETHING THAT’S LASTING. SHE’D BE DONE AND BORED WITH WADE AFTER ONE ROLL IN THE HAY… :)

Comment by Villara – April 16, 2012 10:23 PM PDT
          • This is in response to Villara who shouted in all caps: “GEORGE AND ZOE ARE BASED ON ROMANCE, SOMETHING THAT’S LASTING. SHE’D BE DONE AND BORED WITH WADE AFTER ONE ROLL IN THE HAY” But WE would be bored with George and Zoe DURING the roll in the hay…zero chemistry those two.

Comment by meleliot – April 17, 2012 05:46 AM PDT
    • IMO I think Zoe and George would make a dull couple. I think Wade and Zoe have more fireworks.

Comment by meleliot – April 5, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree!!!

Comment by Tracie – April 16, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited and happy its back on soon. He is indeed hot!

Comment by Leola – April 4, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wade + zoe!!! all the way. George is a nice guy, but I like the George-Lemon-Lavon triangle. And I adore Justin from Smallville but my vote here goes for Wade

Comment by aidagda – April 4, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! And I don’t even watch this show but from the recap I always catch after GG I like Zoe & Wade. George is too good!

Comment by Liz – April 4, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wade :) Oh, I missed him. Now can Zoe and Wade please get together? And on another note: I really do hope the CW gives the show a 2nd season. That would be perfect!

Comment by Jen – April 4, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. To all of it.

Comment by Danielle H – April 4, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • def needs another season! It is such a good show!!

Comment by Sarah – April 5, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was all for Zoe and Wade until I heard about this guest spot (still am, really if Justin Hartley isn’t sticking around–any chance he is?)

Comment by Kristina – April 4, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not likely he’ll stick around because he got cast as the lead in another CW show. though they might make him appear now and then

Comment by Chelsea Granger – April 4, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been in love with Justin Hartley since his days on Passions on NBC!!! Love that he’s on one of my favorite shows. He would be the only person I would approve to temporarily put the Zoe/Wade show on hold for awhile!

Comment by Bella – April 4, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could live with that. They have to slow things down with the whole Zoe/Wade/George and Justin is so much better than Judson

Comment by aidagda – April 5, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, TEAM GEORGE!! It is driving me crazy!!! But the show would end if they ever brought them together. So sad.

Comment by Kate – April 4, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited to see another handsome talented actor on the show, but I’m TEAM GEORGE for sure. Can’t wait to see their journey continue.

Comment by Kert – April 4, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, I love and lust Justin Hartley, but the Zoe/Wade pairing should’ve happened like yesterday. The one thing I don’t want to see happen is pairing her with George, who is one of the two or three most boring characters on network television. I like Scott Porter, but I’m just not blown away by George.

Comment by ChrisGa – April 4, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you!!
    I am also team George! I don’t ever see wade and zoey as a serious couple! I just DON’T see it!

Comment by Jasmeen – April 4, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OK, seriously, this is so annoying when people say this. This is the very beginning of the show. Wade is not going to stay the same throughout the whole series. He’ll grow just like everyone else. So if you’re problem is w/ his immaturity, that’s not going to be a problem in the long run. And believe me, Wade and Zoe will be a couple one day. Wade’s main storyline is w/ Zoe, so it’s going to happen.

And a question I’d like to ask Z/G fans, how do expect Z/G to be interesting as a couple? Can you really picture that being something that keeps people watching when they’re together. As it is right now, they aren’t catching a lot of people’s attention, and the build up is supposed to be the most interesting part. If they become a couple, there would be no way to keep them interesting at all. Wade and Zoe as a couple, because they are different, would have a lot of obstacles to deal with and drama in their relationship. They would have to work on communication and trust. That’s what makes good TV relationships.

What obstacle would Zoe and George have to overcome once Lemon was out of the picture? She is the only obstacle. It would be like watching an old married couple. I think even a lot of people who ship them now would get bored. I’m just being honest.

Comment by AMS – April 16, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • George and Zoe are a romantic couple, a deeper connection that will last. Wade and Zoe are based on sparring banter, that will fade and get old fast. She’d be done and bored with Wade in a week!

Comment by Villara – April 16, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And we would all ge bored and tired of George and Zoe if they ever became a couple simple as that. Deeper connection? Ha! All I see is some really goof friendship not ppotential love. I just don’t see them happening…Wade and Zoe are way more nteresting as a couple than George and Zoe.

Comment by mar – April 28, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just when I thought this show couldn’t be better, Green Arrow stops by!! I am really looking forward to the next new episode. Love Wade and Zoe. I can’t understand why this show is not more popular. It is one of my favorites of all the new shows.

Comment by Melosm – April 4, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I almost have a heart atack!! the 6 picture!! Damn!

Comment by Lorena – April 4, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love this!! same feelings too! So damn sexy together! :)

Comment by tanner15 – April 4, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even care, as long as they keep George and Zoe far away from each other. I really hated the last episode where they made it seem like Zoe was in love with him after they hadn’t really interacted in ages. I don’t mind if Zoe and Wade aren’t together but I want the show to know that they are the OTP of most viewers, and we want to see more of them, not George and her. Looking forward to seeing Justin Hartley, he’s hot.

Comment by Lauren – April 4, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed with every word. Even imply that Zoe loves George is ridiculous. It’s infatuation. She doesn’t even know him that well.

Comment by Ashley – April 16, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finally back to Zoe and Wade, yes!

Comment by MVitto – April 5, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Wade!!! I hope he gets his chance. Z/W should have gotten together like yesterday. George might be a nice guy but he is very vanilla to me. And frankly I find him and Zoe together very boring.

Comment by Jessica – April 5, 2012 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer Zoe and George too, but that picture looks pretty cute :D

Comment by Hannah – April 5, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Zoe with George. I think she has the most chemistry with him and they have similar interests. I like Wade, but in they really don’t have a lot in common. Team George!

Comment by MGL – April 5, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this show when it started. However with the 2 long breaks my love for the show as gone way down, however I will keep watching. I prefer Zoe and Wade but some of the things they do to each other is super immature. I like the addition of Justin Hartley but we know he will not be on for more than 1 show as he has Green Arrow.

Comment by sarah – April 5, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see Justin Hartley again on the CW. :)

C’mon CW…pick up FIRST CUT. ;) :) :D

Comment by Vannesa – April 5, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe and Wade! Zoe and Wade! Zoe and Wade!!

And I think Wade has the most chemistry with EVERYONE on the show from Zoe, Lavon, George and Lemon.

The show creators would be an idiot not to step up his role in this show. I would stop watching if they didn’t go with Zoe and Wade.

Comment by essie20 – April 5, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wade is adorable!!! I think that Zoe and him have great chemistry! I can’t wait for them to get together!!

Comment by Linda – April 9, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want George to end up with Zoe and I really want Lemon to end up with Lavon just saying…

Comment by Katie – April 10, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe and George belong together. Yeah, there might be a physical attraction to Wade but once it’s dealt with they’ll both realize they’re too different for it to work. And then fiiiiinally Zoe will get the good guy she deserves, which is GEORGE! :)

Comment by lacey – April 10, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what you want to happen, but in real life different people work as couples all the time. There is no correct formula for a relationship. And what does Zoe really know about George besides what she’s seen on the surface and built up in her head? Nothing really, except that he’s tied to NY. You don’t know they would work as a couple. And IMO it’s been portrayed as more than a physical attraction b/w Z/W. She looked very disappointed when Wade refused to admit he had feelings for her. And they also are friends. So that’s a good foundation for a relationship.

Comment by Ashley – April 16, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Wade..George is too boring. IMO

Comment by LoveWADE – April 16, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • George is dull and boring, no layers, no dimension, and has no clue what a sense of humor is. Wade is Zoe’s match. I think something will happen with those two by the end of the season. I love them together. And they definitely have a lot more chemistry. With Z/G it’s like watching two besties or something. I know Zoe is infatuated with/fixated on Georgeright now, but she also has feelings for Wade, it’s obvious.

Comment by Ashley – April 16, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • `Zoe and Wade! :) They’re too cute! Lemon and Lavon! And George and a new character on the show!

Comment by anonymous – April 17, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe and Wade!
    George is not interesting, Zoe doesn’t know him,
    and they have just one conection, NEW YORK, nothing else…
    I really really really want Zoe and Wade together
    they have fire, and fun, they’re perfect together…

Comment by Jo – April 24, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe and wade. All the way george will always have lemon on his mind and wade is hot and he can change he’s a lot more fun than george to but I always go 4 the bad boys myself

Comment by kelly – April 30, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post