Hart of Dixie Hot Shots: Wade and Zoe Finally Get Close -- But Will Justin Hartley Interfere?

Erstwhile Green Arrow Justin Hartley makes his Hart of Dixie debut in the CW charmer’s April 16 installment, and wouldn’t you know, that handsome face of his is already rocking the ‘ship that is Wade and Zoe.

The upcoming episode, titled “Bachelorettes & Bullets,” finds Hartley playing a patient who grows rather fond of his pocket-sized doc.

Zoe, being a sane woman, graciously accepts his invite to lunch — but based on the following scoopy pics, we’d say she’s still got Wade on the mind (and vice versa!). And then there’s (of course) George, who also makes a quick photo cameo.

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Smallville‘s Justin Hartley Cast as Love Interest For Zoe

Flip through the hot shots below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on this equilateral love triangle.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: First Look, Photo Gallery

1. Carrie says:

He’s so hot! Like she needs more hot guys vying for her attention.

• Sarah says:

haha!! love this.. I thought two was more than plenty and now we add a gorgeous 3rd!! Man, she is one lucky girl… LOL

2. joanna says:

Can;t wait:D

3. Caro says:

My number one choice for Zoe: George!
    My number two: Jesse
    My number ZERO: Wade = I DON’T like them as a couple!!!

• Thank you!! I feel like I am the ONLY person that wants Zoe and George together. It might be because of my love for Friday Night Lights but… TEAM GEORGE!!!!!!!!

• Lexi says:

I prefer Zoe and George, too!

• tp says:

I agree. Wade and Zoe have absolutely no chemistry IMO. I like George for her but Justin Hartley’s character would be really nice to look at week after week. :o)

• AMS says:

That’s funny, I think it’s the other way around. George and Zoe to me are like platonic friends in the chemistry dept.

• Villara says:

GEORGE AND ZOE ARE BASED ON ROMANCE, SOMETHING THAT’S LASTING. SHE’D BE DONE AND BORED WITH WADE AFTER ONE ROLL IN THE HAY… :)

• meleliot says:

This is in response to Villara who shouted in all caps: “GEORGE AND ZOE ARE BASED ON ROMANCE, SOMETHING THAT’S LASTING. SHE’D BE DONE AND BORED WITH WADE AFTER ONE ROLL IN THE HAY” But WE would be bored with George and Zoe DURING the roll in the hay…zero chemistry those two.

• meleliot says:

IMO I think Zoe and George would make a dull couple. I think Wade and Zoe have more fireworks.

4. Leola says:

Very excited and happy its back on soon. He is indeed hot!

5. aidagda says:

Wade + zoe!!! all the way. George is a nice guy, but I like the George-Lemon-Lavon triangle. And I adore Justin from Smallville but my vote here goes for Wade

• Liz says:

I agree! And I don’t even watch this show but from the recap I always catch after GG I like Zoe & Wade. George is too good!

6. Jen says:

Wade :) Oh, I missed him. Now can Zoe and Wade please get together? And on another note: I really do hope the CW gives the show a 2nd season. That would be perfect!

7. Kristina says:

I was all for Zoe and Wade until I heard about this guest spot (still am, really if Justin Hartley isn’t sticking around–any chance he is?)

8. Bella says:

I have been in love with Justin Hartley since his days on Passions on NBC!!! Love that he’s on one of my favorite shows. He would be the only person I would approve to temporarily put the Zoe/Wade show on hold for awhile!

9. Kate says:

I agree, TEAM GEORGE!! It is driving me crazy!!! But the show would end if they ever brought them together. So sad.

10. Kert says:

Excited to see another handsome talented actor on the show, but I’m TEAM GEORGE for sure. Can’t wait to see their journey continue.

11. ChrisGa says:

Okay, I love and lust Justin Hartley, but the Zoe/Wade pairing should’ve happened like yesterday. The one thing I don’t want to see happen is pairing her with George, who is one of the two or three most boring characters on network television. I like Scott Porter, but I’m just not blown away by George.

12. Jasmeen says:

Thank you!!
    I am also team George! I don’t ever see wade and zoey as a serious couple! I just DON’T see it!

• AMS says:

OK, seriously, this is so annoying when people say this. This is the very beginning of the show. Wade is not going to stay the same throughout the whole series. He’ll grow just like everyone else. So if you’re problem is w/ his immaturity, that’s not going to be a problem in the long run. And believe me, Wade and Zoe will be a couple one day. Wade’s main storyline is w/ Zoe, so it’s going to happen.

And a question I’d like to ask Z/G fans, how do expect Z/G to be interesting as a couple? Can you really picture that being something that keeps people watching when they’re together. As it is right now, they aren’t catching a lot of people’s attention, and the build up is supposed to be the most interesting part. If they become a couple, there would be no way to keep them interesting at all. Wade and Zoe as a couple, because they are different, would have a lot of obstacles to deal with and drama in their relationship. They would have to work on communication and trust. That’s what makes good TV relationships.

What obstacle would Zoe and George have to overcome once Lemon was out of the picture? She is the only obstacle. It would be like watching an old married couple. I think even a lot of people who ship them now would get bored. I’m just being honest.

• Villara says:

George and Zoe are a romantic couple, a deeper connection that will last. Wade and Zoe are based on sparring banter, that will fade and get old fast. She’d be done and bored with Wade in a week!

• mar says:

And we would all ge bored and tired of George and Zoe if they ever became a couple simple as that. Deeper connection? Ha! All I see is some really goof friendship not ppotential love. I just don’t see them happening…Wade and Zoe are way more nteresting as a couple than George and Zoe.

13. Melosm says:

Just when I thought this show couldn’t be better, Green Arrow stops by!! I am really looking forward to the next new episode. Love Wade and Zoe. I can’t understand why this show is not more popular. It is one of my favorites of all the new shows.

14. Lorena says:

I almost have a heart atack!! the 6 picture!! Damn!

15. Lauren says:

I don’t even care, as long as they keep George and Zoe far away from each other. I really hated the last episode where they made it seem like Zoe was in love with him after they hadn’t really interacted in ages. I don’t mind if Zoe and Wade aren’t together but I want the show to know that they are the OTP of most viewers, and we want to see more of them, not George and her. Looking forward to seeing Justin Hartley, he’s hot.

• Ashley says:

Agreed with every word. Even imply that Zoe loves George is ridiculous. It’s infatuation. She doesn’t even know him that well.

16. MVitto says:

finally back to Zoe and Wade, yes!

17. Jessica says:

Team Wade!!! I hope he gets his chance. Z/W should have gotten together like yesterday. George might be a nice guy but he is very vanilla to me. And frankly I find him and Zoe together very boring.

18. Hannah says:

I prefer Zoe and George too, but that picture looks pretty cute :D

19. MGL says:

I like Zoe with George. I think she has the most chemistry with him and they have similar interests. I like Wade, but in they really don’t have a lot in common. Team George!

20. sarah says:

I really liked this show when it started. However with the 2 long breaks my love for the show as gone way down, however I will keep watching. I prefer Zoe and Wade but some of the things they do to each other is super immature. I like the addition of Justin Hartley but we know he will not be on for more than 1 show as he has Green Arrow.

21. Vannesa says:

Can’t wait to see Justin Hartley again on the CW. :)

C’mon CW…pick up FIRST CUT. ;) :) :D

22. essie20 says:

Zoe and Wade! Zoe and Wade! Zoe and Wade!!

And I think Wade has the most chemistry with EVERYONE on the show from Zoe, Lavon, George and Lemon.

The show creators would be an idiot not to step up his role in this show. I would stop watching if they didn’t go with Zoe and Wade.

23. Linda says:

Wade is adorable!!! I think that Zoe and him have great chemistry! I can’t wait for them to get together!!

24. Katie says:

I really want George to end up with Zoe and I really want Lemon to end up with Lavon just saying…

25. lacey says:

Zoe and George belong together. Yeah, there might be a physical attraction to Wade but once it’s dealt with they’ll both realize they’re too different for it to work. And then fiiiiinally Zoe will get the good guy she deserves, which is GEORGE! :)

• Ashley says:

That’s what you want to happen, but in real life different people work as couples all the time. There is no correct formula for a relationship. And what does Zoe really know about George besides what she’s seen on the surface and built up in her head? Nothing really, except that he’s tied to NY. You don’t know they would work as a couple. And IMO it’s been portrayed as more than a physical attraction b/w Z/W. She looked very disappointed when Wade refused to admit he had feelings for her. And they also are friends. So that’s a good foundation for a relationship.

26. LoveWADE says:

Team Wade..George is too boring. IMO

27. Ashley says:

George is dull and boring, no layers, no dimension, and has no clue what a sense of humor is. Wade is Zoe’s match. I think something will happen with those two by the end of the season. I love them together. And they definitely have a lot more chemistry. With Z/G it’s like watching two besties or something. I know Zoe is infatuated with/fixated on Georgeright now, but she also has feelings for Wade, it’s obvious.

28. anonymous says:

`Zoe and Wade! :) They’re too cute! Lemon and Lavon! And George and a new character on the show!

29. Jo says:

Zoe and Wade!
    George is not interesting, Zoe doesn’t know him,
    and they have just one conection, NEW YORK, nothing else…
    I really really really want Zoe and Wade together
    they have fire, and fun, they’re perfect together…

30. kelly says:

Zoe and wade. All the way george will always have lemon on his mind and wade is hot and he can change he’s a lot more fun than george to but I always go 4 the bad boys myself