American Idol Exclusive: Kris Allen Set to Perform on April 19 Results Show

Don’t say Nigel Lythgoe & Co. haven’t got “vision.” Season 8 champ Kris Allen will return to the American Idol stage to perform his addictive new single, “The Vision of Love,” on the April 19 results show.

Heejun Han on Asian Clichés, Cowboy Drama, Hilfiger-Gate and His One Idol Regret

The track, which is the lead single from his forthcoming album Thank You Camellia (due May 22), was released to iTunes and other digital retailers last week, and its powerful video hit the internet today. Check it out below, then hit the comments and go “squeee” over this awesome news!

1. ktbanks says:

Squeee indeed! I’ve been waiting for this news all season! :)

2. PeetaForever says:

Woooooooot!!! So excited at this awesome news! It will be fantastic to see Kris performing this song, I just love it! *insert squeeeee*

3. rod says:

now im just waiting for Adam Lamber to perform too

4. Nicole says:

YESSSSSS!!!!:D So excited!

5. T says:

Ask and you shall receive… squeeee!!!! :)

This is great news. Can’t wait to see Kris perform this live (and I’m assuming with a full band).

6. Grace says:

Ok, I’m game….. SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I’m so excited!!! Now if radio would just get behind this great song too, it’d be perfect!!!!

7. Camellia says:

Love everything about Kris Allen! And you too, Slezak! =) I hope you get the exclusive interview on his album track listing for “Thank You Camellia”! *fingers crossed*

8. Madeleine says:

YES! I’m so glad he got to sing it on idol #win
    Love that song!!!

9. squeeeee! so glad Kris gets to go back on Idol and sing the new song.

10. mick says:

So excited. Love the song & video & naturally the singer. Can’t wait to watch him return to the idol stage. Thanks for the news, Michael.

11. Mark says:

The song and video are alright. I’d almost forgotten about the guy. Is he trying to be a hipster with that album title, or did he marry a different woman since the last time we saw him?

12. HopeFor says:

I thought this day couldn’t get any better, but it is! I can’t wait to see it, and to see the KAB back together again!

13. pj says:

CAN’T WAIT FOR THE PERFORMANCE! And for more people to hear this killer tune. It rocks, Kris, rocks, epic song, epic video.

14. the Ricker says:

Kris, the song, as well as the video are all terrific. Hope the song sticks and becomes a mainstream hit. I’m thrilled that he’s performing as well. The eye candy is FABULOUS!!!!!

15. Tessa Marie says:

He looks so “angelic” in that picture you chose, Slezak! But we all know that Kris is not the nice guy everybody seems to think he is. =P Kris’ words, not mine! LOL

16. Dorwal says:

The melody is quite similar to a U2 song……….can’t recall which one…….Nice song, cute little guy. Outside of Arkansas, radio probably wont play it.

17. Faze Craze says:

Love the song. Also, were Kris Allen’s arms always that nice?

18. Wicked says:

Love the song and the video! So happy to hear Kris will be on AI too.

19. lori49 says:

Great song and excellent video. Thanks for the heads-up on the Idol appearance Michael. You’re a sweetheart!

20. SBSenior says:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! This has been long overdue-but he has a GREAT song to sing this year. Thanks for the scoop-you are the BEST!!!!

21. Sherrie Richey says:

Love this video and Kris. It is a perfect love video for an amazing artist and humanitarian. Thanks for the great news about Idol. I hope it will help propel this song up the charts, where it belongs.

22. Chris says:

aw, i wish he’ stop singing songs where he’s straining his voice so much. or that he’d get a vocal teacher. that false falsetto is only pleasant to my kitty ears, not mine. his arms are hot tho, i’ll squee!!

23. bren says:

Can’t wait for Kris’ performance. Love the song and the video.

24. Kim says:

Love Kris and I love this song. Looking forward to his new music and seeing him on Idol. I think it’s cool you got the exclusive, Michael! Thanks!

25. Paula says:

This is great news, Michael! I love Kris’s music and The Vision of Love is a great song with a beautiful video! I’m looking forward to seeing him on Idol :)

26. OMG! OMG!! iI am excited I can’t even type! Kris will be on Idol 2 days before I see him perform in Vegas at the Pet A Palooza on 4/21. I love this new song and fell in love with the video! The song and video has such an important message and OMG, Kris’ voice! Out of this world!

27. et says:

So excited to see him perform on idol!

28. buffy522 says:

oh boy. another wgwg on Idol. Amazing. The song is okay, but video is like an after school special. bland

29. Tracy says:

ya! So excited :)

30. vighorois says:

What?? It’s not a Mariah Carey cover? lol

31. Melanie says:

Squee indeed. You know us so well Slezak.

32. Jess says:

YAY for Kris! Will this become the first time I tune in this season? we shall see… goes off to listen to the new song…

• Jess says:

Love the song. So i guess i will be tuning in for the live performance! God, does this mean I have to sit through an hour or more of randy on my TV?! ugh >.< the things I do for you, kris allen…

33. amrita says:

OMG you used my fave picture of that grey shirt ( It could make excellent stylist, Tommy!)

and OMG!!! I’m so in squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mood

LOVE the song LOVE the music video LOVE on my radio! Need to be hit!

34. What wonderful news! I can’t wait to see Kris back on American Idol singing this song. I thought today couldn’t get any better and it just did. I absolutely love the MV for ‘The Vision of Love’.

Thank you, Michael! Now see if you can extract a track list from him for ‘Thank You Camellia.’ :)

35. Applesdefinitely says:

Not so sure about singing VOL on Idol, actually. The falsetto is nice on the studio version, but he seemed to struggle with it quite a lot in the Mint vids.

*shrugs* still will be great to see him on Idol again.

• britney says:

yeah i don’t think a live performance is going to revive this puppy. ought to be fun for the lutz tho

• Mary says:

He might surprise you. That was the first time he sung the song, but that studio is not noted for the best acoustics. I have faith in his ability. Nothing can be as bad as nikki whatever her name is was last week.

36. Susan says:

Love the song, the layered vocals and yes the falsetto too! Can’t wait to see Kris on Idol again! Looking forward to the new album with more amazing songs!

37. Linda says:

Love the song. Love the video; really well done. Can’t wait to see him on Idol.

38. Annie says:

I love the video. I was so afraid that it would be cheesy, but it’s really well done. It fits the song, and Kris sounds and looks amazing.

39. Applesdefinitely says:

also, that boy in the vid totally looks like a hottie lesbo girl I used to know. So prettyyy. :)

40. Syl says:

Love the song! Love the Video! Can’t wait to see him on Idol!

41. Aiden says:

Pardon my incoherence and 14-yr old behavior but, c’mon, it’s freakin’ Kris Allen. Therefore….

42. ToM says:

Fantastic! Been wondering when they were gonna have him on to perform his brand new awesome single! Will you stand for “The Vision Of Love”?

43. Emma says:

SQUEE x1,000 for KRIS ALLEN!

Awesome song and video. I’m really happy to hear he will perform it on Idol. It’s a great tune! :0)

44. realityrana says:

So excited! Kris is so talented! And I love The Vision Of Love!

45. Mary says:

Love the song and the message it sends. Video was perfect for the song not cheesy at all. I am so excited to see him back on the stage and can’ t wait for the album. It is a good week to be a Kris Allen fan.

46. w. says:

Well I tweeted Nigel just yesterday hoping for this – I’m not saying he did it because of my tweet but I like to think so….

47. Marianne says:

He is my favorite Idol and a true artist. I love “The Vision of Love.” I can’t stop singing it.

48. omfug says:

The album drops on my birthday, 5/22 so I am so psyched! Great to hear that Kris is getting support from the AI machine.

49. Barb says:

Thanks for this fantastic news, Michael!! I can’t wait! I really hope you will have an exclusive interview. You are amazing at getting brand new information from Kris. Also, it goes without saying (but I’ll say it anyway) that the song is a hit and I Love the video!

50. Elizabeth says:

Oh my gosh so excited about the video I was up at 12:00 waiting for it at Vevo! What a powerful song!