Glee Sneak Peek: Matt Bomer and Darren Criss Cover Gotye's 'Somebody I Used to Know'

Looks like there’s tension brewing at Chez Anderson!

In a sneak peek from Glee‘s April 10 episode (8/7c on Fox), New Directions’ resident prepster Blaine and big brother Cooper (Darren Criss and guest star Matt Bomer) cover Gotye’s supercatchy breakup anthem “Somebody I Used to Know” in the McKinley High auditorium. And based on the brothers’ angsty expressions and the moody lighting throughout the performance, methinks the siblings’ issues run deeper than that mid-scene flashback of Cooper taunting grade-schooler Blaine by dangling an action figure over his head.

After watching the clip twice, three things stick in my brain: Bomer’s vocals sound pretty terrific; I definitely buy these guys as brothers; and I seriously want Blaine to unbutton that top button on his supertight polo shirt. Come to think of it, maybe that’s the source of the family fued!

Check out the Anderson Bros. take on Gotye below, then hit the comments and sound off with your thoughts on the performance!

1. Angela says:

That wasn’t bad at all. I love that song, interesting to see how they incorporate it into the show.
    Also, I’m not as familiar with this Matt Bomer guy as some here are, but you know, I can’t exactly disagree with those who find him attractive. I get it *Nods*.

2. Kat says:

What happened to Glee? What is wrong with that never ending hiatus. It’s like Glee season ended few months ago. I lost any interest in that show. Even Matt Bomer can’t save it. I suspect ratings will be even lower then they were.

3. Ann says:

I love this. Wonderfully acted by both parties, and anyone who says otherwise can go soak their head in a bucket of their own putrid bias and butthurt.

Their voices sound lovely together. Of course Blaine will have more of a lead in the song, because HE’S the main character, and it’s his story and perspective that matter (finally!). Cooper is there to serve Blaine’s story line.

But for those asking, yes, there will certainly be an extended version of the song (a full cover of the original) up on iTunes; they always cut them down for the show.

Matt and Darren are certainly gorgeous, and not only can I buy them as brothers looks-wise, but they clearly have a great rapport as actors that translates to some stellar chemistry. I can’t wait to watch this story unfold.

4. Pepper says:

I wish you could solve problems with a song in real life.

5. Magickster says:

How fantastic to hear my fellow Aussie, Goyte, on Glee. Brilliant.

6. Magickster says:

If the writers get rid of Sheuster, Bpmer would make a perfect replacement.

7. Magickster says:

I meant Bomer :P

8. sarah says:

I do not watch Glee but I love me some Matt Bomer and can not get enough of this, hope it is on Itunes so that I can add it to my Ipod