Falling Skies Season 2: Watch the First 3 Minutes (Featuring a New, Trigger-Happy Badass)

Season 2 of Falling Skies doesn’t descend upon us until June 17, but TNT has let loose with a teaser clip revealing the sophomore run’s first three minutes.

TNT Sets Summer Premieres for Dallas, Falling Skies, The Closer‘s Finale and More

As seen in this video (which premiered last week at the Emerald City Comicon), the new season at first picks up where Season 1 left off — with Tom (played by Noah Wyle) offering himself as sacrifice to Earth’s extraterrestrial abductors. (Blink and you’ll miss “Cinderella”!)  We then leap forward three months, where the rebel faction, led by Captain Weaver (Will Patton) and John Pope (Colin Cunningham), is luring some mechs and skitters into a turkey shoot.

Casting News: Lost’s Terry O’Quinn Lands Arc on TNT’s Falling Skies

Yes, you’ll see Sarah Carter’s plucky Margaret firing off a critical kill shot, but you may be surprised to see which of the human(-ish) survivors is now a bit of a trigger-happy E.T.-hater.

1. Velvet says:

No, thank you.

2. Michael Sacal says:

V done differently. More action-oriented.

3. Joe says:

I’m excited and enjoyed this series, but I totally. forgot why Noah Wylie got on the ship with his son’s g/f who has the alien on her back. What happened at the end there? Anyone?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I’m a little hazy on this, admittedly, but I think Richard Dreyfus urged him to…?

• wordsmith says:

The aliens basically came to him and said “Congratulations, you’ve been annoying enough that we finally take you seriously, so let’s talk.”

• Laurel says:

TNT has been replaying Season 1 every Monday at 12 am EST.
      The final 2 episodes will be on 4/9 and 4/16 if you want to refresh your memory before Season 2 starts.

4. heather_kaye says:

More precisely, it’s V and The Walking Dead – and I love it. Can’t wait for it to come back!

5. Mike says:

Nothing about the first season made any sense.

6. meggo says:

So pumped!

7. wordsmith says:

I kind of like Super Ben: Alien Slayer. I guess it depends on the writing, but at least it opens up some fun action scene possibilities.

• wordsmith says:

Though it is a bit odd how being harnessed turned Ben into a super soldier, when all of the kids who are actually still harnessed seem to be like clumsy, shambling zombies.

8. Sarah El says:

The only post-apocalyptic series of late that makes me compare it favorably to Battlestar Galactica. I am really excited for it to come back. It will never be as good as BSG, but it’s generally more interesting than The Walking Dead and definitely better than the V remake ever was.

9. Lena120 says:

My friend and I watched this show out of habit not desire. We really want to like it but we’re having a hard time caring about any of the characters. Everytime I see Noah Wylie, I’m like, “I’d rather see you in another Librarian movie.” Hopefully season 2 is better. And is it just me or did the kid who plays Ben hit a rapid growth spurt? He looks a lot older now.

10. MathieuD says:

It should be interesting but V was clearly more attractive (never understood why they cancelled the show…)

11. Linderella says:

Love it! Can’t wait for June. Noah Wyle was always the best thing about ER and he’s the best thing about Falling Skies.

12. Ruby says:

I can’t wait! This was one of my favorite shows last summer. So many shows have tried to recreate the Battlestar Galactica thing, and I think this show is the closest. I absolutely love it and am relieved that it was renewed.

13. Noah says:

The Ben character should be much cooler, but the kid who plays him is such a bad actor. He also looks a bit like Justin Bieber here, which I found distracting.

14. Z says:

Ben hit puberty.

15. Wysten says:

HOO-AH! ALRIGHT BENJI! SLIT THAT BIG ROACH’S THROAT!