True Blood's Season 5 Trailer Has Arrived – and It's Extremely Spoilery!

Get More: First Look, Video

True Blood Season 5Waiting for the return of True Blood sucks even worse with the release of the HBO drama’s first official trailer, a thrilling 30-second clip featuring explosions, stripteases, grave digging, surprise couplings and a few conspicuous absences (might Tara really be dead?!).

Press PLAY below and hit the comments with your snappy judgments as well as an answer to this question: Who the heck is Eric kissing?!

Tags: ,

Comments (56)

• I was ready to tune out until Lucy Griffiths got cast. Love her. Is that her making out with Eric? I can’t quite tell. It’s def. her standing with Bill and Eric at :25

Comment by kat – April 1, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s Lucy’s character Nora that’s kissing Eric…my guess is that it’s Salome played by Valentina Cervi. The facial features match Valentina’s better than Lucy’s. Can’t wait to find out!!

Comment by Sarah Renee Bucklin – April 2, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god I HOPE Tara’s dead!

Comment by Marisa G – April 1, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hallelujah.

Comment by Jen (@jenspili) – April 1, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw the 2012 cast group portrait and Tara is right there, so they are either fooling us or she is back or she is back and turned.

Comment by TheBeach – April 2, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They aren’t going to give the answer to last year’s cliff hanger until the season starts.

Comment by Josh – April 2, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Definitely. That’s going to be a tightly-kept secret.

Comment by aleksa – April 2, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • looks like she becomes a vampire though

Comment by smallville944 – April 3, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Tara is turned.. and Pam is sitting in Sookie´s kitchen, why? i think she´s gonna do it.
    Eric is kissing either Nora, don´t buy it.. or Salome, more like.. it in front of an explosion!?!? what is going on?.. AND he´s shirtless coming out a container and Bill is waiting for him? Who is Alcide fighting with? Terry is NOT looking good..
    Russel is brought room service..YYYAAAAYYYY
    And poor Jason..i don´t think Jessica will get him out of this pickle..

Comment by Mary – April 1, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t remember where Jessica was when Jason was answering the knock on the door but wouldn’t she be more than able to beat the crap out of reverend whatshisname if she sensed Jason was in danger?

Comment by Squander – April 1, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jessica just left after they slept together, when Jason thought that it was her returning to his house, when he opened the door to find that reverend turned vampire standing there

Comment by TBFanNY12901 – May 12, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that is Nora that Eric is kissing, if he can’t be with Sookie then I think it would be nice to see them together!

Comment by Sarah – April 1, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not even eric northman can make incest sexy :-\

Comment by steph – May 3, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • now that I think about it there’s a lot of vampire incest… maybe he can pull it off lol

Comment by steph – May 3, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring it on!

Comment by Patrick maloney – April 1, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I’m so ready for TB5 please Tara don’t b dead ur undead come back as ur human self pretty please!!!!!!!

Comment by christina – April 1, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is that going to work? lol her brain was splattered all over Sookie’s wall.

Comment by Lexiel – April 2, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to rewatch this like 20 times or more to get a good look at everything but my first reaction was WTH is Eric kissing?! lol It looks pretty good though from this teaser. Is it June yet? 2 freakin months left of not knowing if Tara is dead or possible Vampire or who Eric is really kissing UGH. And who is that Narrating the promo?

Comment by TB fan – April 1, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Christopher Meloni maybe? I could def be wrong, just a guess though?

Comment by steph – May 3, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, now I remember why I keep HBO…

Comment by spotteddog – April 1, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELLO!! can it be June already!!! AHHHHHH

Comment by llws – April 1, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tara willbe turned into a vampire, she hates them and now she will be one and thats where her story will go this season on learning on how to be a vampire and how to love them and ally with them.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – April 1, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or it is just another reason for Tara to be pissed off and surly. Talk about zero character development. “Poor me, I hate this place. These people suck” has pretty much been her anthem from day 1. I rewatched the pilot, and I just don’t get what is appealing about her at all. Everyone else has grown in some way. Tara is still angry ALL the time.

Comment by Alice – April 2, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree can Tara stop being angry all the time how about putting her with Alcide give her something to smile about and I think she will live one way or another

Comment by Tufts Augusta – May 21, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • um why was sookie sitting in the shower? who were they burrying in the yard? and what got blown up?

Comment by Helen – April 1, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she killed debbie, alicide’s ex at the end of last season. my guess is she’s burying debbie and pulling a lady macbeth in the shower.

Comment by seras – April 2, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wonder if she’s burying Tara and Pam together (for three days)…because putting Debbie in her front yard would be pretty damn stupid. Even for Sookie.

My guess is that it’s Laf helping her bury Tara (and Pam) and Debbie is still in the house.

Comment by Sarah Renee Bucklin – April 2, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having watched it a couple of times, I can guess at a few things –

* it looks like Pam has been crying (over her broken bond with Eric?)
    * it’s a car that gets blown up in the end
    * Scott Foleys character is beating the living crap out of Terry
    * Sam looks like he’s constantly fighting
    * Alcide doesn’t look too happy with a shorter, bald black man. I’m guessing it’s a pissing contest over the Bon Temps territory
    * Sookie is covered in blood when she’s burying someone in the backyard. My guess is Tara and that’s why she’s crying in the shower
    * Lafayette looks sad and surprised to see someone. Ghost Tara?
    * no idea why Eric is shirtless but I’m not complaining

Comment by Belinda – April 2, 2012 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget she also has to bury Debbie Pelt. And clean the blood out of her kitchen. Again.

Comment by Alice – April 2, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My guess is they showed her digging to get people to believe it’s Tara, but Debbie seems more likely. She’s not going to bury Tara in the backyard unless she’s burying her with a vampire, if she is being turned.

Comment by Josh – April 2, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sookie is burying Debbie. But with whom?!? And Eric is kissing Sookie or at least he should! :P

Comment by Spela – April 2, 2012 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my thoughts exactly!!! Eric and Sookie!!!

Comment by Erin Remen – April 2, 2012 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to the books, Eric helps Sookie out with Debbie because he holds that over her in theme in a couple books until she tells the Pelts the truth when they try to kidnap Sookie and Quinn after the Queen’s and King’s wedding and her cousin Hadley’s true death.

I hope it’s Eric and Sookie kissing but doubt it since Alcide and Sookie are supposed to be in the romantic limelight this season.

But I could be wrong.

Comment by Gna7019 – April 2, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Look at those clothes on the person helping her bury the bodies. Maybe amnesiac Eric would dress like that to bury someone. But our Eric would never wear those pants. I’m guessing Lafayette.

Comment by Alice – April 2, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You know that is a better guess. I agree with you. He was upstairs when it all happened.

Comment by Gna7019 – April 2, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gna7019 what do you mean Alcide and Sookie are supposed to be in the romantic limelight? Is that confirmed somewhere and if so can you cite it? thx

Comment by steph – May 3, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looks like eric is kissing nora freeze on the scene and look at the nose!!!!! not happy ;-(

Comment by Sabrina – April 2, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, this is awesome! And I’m assuming the guy with Jessica is Claude, right? I hope they do him justice, he’s one of my favorites in the books! Now I’m curious if we’ll see Quinn and Sookie’s witchy-roommate… Forgot her name… Guesses?

Comment by Morgan – April 2, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amelia is witchy roommate with cat Bob, who was a witch too but she accidentally turned him.

Comment by Gna7019 – April 2, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amelia. And from what I’ve read online, it looks like they’re bringing in a lot of new vamps and I haven’t heard anything about the said book characters being cast this season… I checked it out good because I was hoping Christopher Meloni would be Quinn :(

Comment by steph – May 3, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t been keeping up with TV tv show spoilers but I have read all the books, and I can’t remember who Nora is. what am i missing?

Comment by Ashley – April 2, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’ve departed a good deal from the books (ie, Eric regained ALL his memories at once, did not require 2-3 books of waiting to remember what he did while cursed) so I assume they are changing his “family”- since it doesn’t look like he’s going to be siblings with Alexei Romanov. Nora is now his vampire “sister.”

Comment by Alice – April 2, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wanted to see Chris Meloni :) Looks like TB might be going back to it’s roots.. I can only hope because last season was such a let down .

Comment by Danielle H – April 2, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The name of the episode is, apparently, Turn! Turn! Turn!
    In light of that, I’m thinking the other posters are right and Pam (or another vampire) turns Tara.

Comment by Scarlett Rose – April 2, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks like Preacher guy is now a vampire and he is coming for Jason. That looks like it might be an interesting story this year also.

Comment by Gerald – April 3, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just wondering how he could get in Jason’s house.

Comment by mirleival – April 5, 2012 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am sure Jason got glamoured by Reverend Newlin

Comment by Laura – April 8, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tara hates Bill, so I think he is the one turning her

Comment by mary – April 3, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …where’s the logic in that?

Comment by steph – May 3, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because that would be dramatic and force a relationship between the two. Seems pretty logically(in dramatic writing terms) to me.

Comment by Josh – May 4, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tara hates Eric NOT Bill, and if anyone turns Tara, it will probably be Pam. To make up to Eric for almost killing Sookie, and not to mention Pam HATED Tara and wanted to kill her, so I find that might be the probable outcome

Comment by TBFanNY12901 – May 12, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, since the first episode is called ‘Turn, turn turn’ I wonder what will happen to Tara :P

Comment by Lucy – May 3, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is that Christopher Meloni providing the voiceover?

Comment by c0untf0sc0 – May 3, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eric is probs kissing the other vamp that Godric made… :|

Comment by Olivia – May 3, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This some bull . I’m so ready

Comment by Ne ne – May 3, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Tara is really dead, I’m out!

Comment by Melinda – May 4, 2012 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post