Exclusive

Video Post Mortem: The Killing Cast Weighs In on Premiere Twists, Reveals Season 2 Secrets

Warning: If you have yet to watch Sunday’s Season 2 premiere of The Killing, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, read on….

The Killing kicked off its second season this Sunday, and thus far it promises to be, well… pretty killer.

For starters, it seems Rosie Larsen’s murderer is still at large, as Linden quickly proved Richmond’s innocence and some unknown entity left some of the late teen’s belongings on her parents’ doorstep.

Elsewhere, the true motives behind Holder’s Season 1-ending betrayal were revealed, while the near-fatal attack on Richmond resulted in the politician’s life-changing paralysis.

But what’s ahead on the AMC thriller? Will Richmond use his recently acquired disability to his advantage? Will Stan find solace in the arms of his sister-in-law Terry? Will Linden ever trust Holder again?

Press PLAY below for those answers and more from the cast– including Billy Campbell, Mireille Enos and Eric Ladin — and Killing creator Veena Sud.

1. jlayman1970 says:

Kristina, the woman Linden spoke with in the parking garage tonight, is played by the Danish actress Sofie Gråbøl. She plays the Linden part in the original Danish series. Very cool.

2. Na-Na says:

I luv The killing i been waiting &waiting for this moment .it was very very intersting waiting for next week.

3. will says:

This show is just so bad now – sorry to say that I was a big fan once !

4. Yam Fry says:

Will,
    You’re a douchebag.
    If it’s so bad, don’t watch.
    I’ll bet you’ll watch every week just so you have something to whine about.

5. JJ says:

The premiere made up the cliffhanger from season one. I’m in for season 2.

• Diane says:

@JJ, my thoughts exactly. Also, I was really happy that Holder was just an unknowing (OK, yet kind of willing) accomplice to the photo scam. I loved last night and am glad that the it’s back.

6. SweetWookielove says:

I enjoyed the premere a lot more than I thought I would because I was disappointed with the first season’s finale. I like the reveal about what Richmond was really up to the night of the murder. Even though Linden and Holder were never really close I can’t help but feel like there is something missing with the two of them apart. Hopefully they resolve thier issues sooner rather than later. I also like the what looks like a conspiracy involving the police and the case. That could get really interesting. Sorry for the long post!

7. tahina says:

I enjoyed The Killing first season, but like everyone else felt betrayed by the season finale. Hope season 2 will make it up for, seems it will! :)

8. julia says:

I was so looking forward to last night’s two hours, but honestly I feel a bit as though it jumped the shark….as though the writers took every cliche (substituting paralysis for amnesia) and threw it all in: corruption, cover ups, bloody backpack, suicide attempt, actual suicide, missing bosses, new bosses, fist fights, etc. It was all just over the top for me.
    I will watch again next weekend and hope that the good writing from season one’s earlier episodes reappears!

9. tim says:

thought it was excellent–can’t wait for more

10. Sarah says:

I didn’t feel betrayed by the first season’s finale. I just didn’t want Holder to be bad because he’s my favorite. So I am happy after last night. Also I agree with SweetWookielove (awesome) above: Linden and Holder need to be working together. Their awkward partnership and strange “kind-of” friendship is the best part of the entire show.

11. Kat says:

I thought last nights series premier was great. I feel sorry for Holder though. Linden is wound up so tight, she needs to take a step back and learn to trust people. I don’t think Holder’s a bad guy. He’s lonely and needs someone to be willing to trust him. His partner should be that person.

Also, if Stan and Terry get together I’ll be so disappointed! You do NOT cheat on your wife with her sister!!

12. Cathy says:

The Killing is one of the best shows on tv. In my house, we couldn’t wait until the season 2 opener. Any time you are still talking about a show the next day, it says a lot about the writing. As for the complainers because “I thought they should have announced the killer on the season 1 finale; I was so angry.” Really? Get over it. This program is captivating. I find myself on the edge of my seat and wishing that every episode was 2 hours. I can’t believe people are still whining about why the killer wasn’t revealed in season 1.. Remember, each episode is a day in the investigation. You will find out in the next few weeks who killed this girl. Be patient. In the meantime you get to know more and more about each character. We are so consumed with reality tv. It is about time we have a good show to watch. Let’s just relax and enjoy the ride here and see what happens!!!

13. John Moshier says:

I thought it was good I think that champain glass means something latter on her sister is hiding something

14. Allan says:

ṁy buďďy’ś śiśteŔ Ṁakeś $72 every ĥouŔ on tĥe laptop. Śĥe ĥaś been uneṀployeď for 5 ṁontĥś but laśt ṁontĥ ĥer cĥeck Waś $8465 juśt WoŔking on tĥe laptop for a feW ĥourś. Ŕeaď Ṁore on tĥiś Śite …. Goo.gl/189kz

15. KrisF says:

So glad the show is back. I find it’s even more fascinating and the stakes higher this season. I thought the season one finale was great. It did everything a good finale is supposed to do: shock, surprise and leave the audience wanting more. The entitlement of people watching TV who believe a show should give you the killer when the audience expects it ridiculous.

I loved the surprise appearance by Sara Lund! My two favourite Sara’s sharing a scene was fantastic.

Can’t wait for next weeks episode. Glad this show is back.

16. Amanda says:

I really want Linden and Holder to be a team again, he was played, she was played. They need to team up and kick some ass!! I really like how the opener unfolded. I wasn’t ready to hate Holder. I thought his character and Lindens worked well together. I really think Linden needs someone to lean on. She can’t carry this by herself.

17. Luy says:

I get little excited butterflies before each episode and every show is like a big gooey piece of chocolate cake… deee-licious