Save the Dates: April Premieres and Finales!

You thought you’d get a breather before May sweeps and the bevy of plot twists and season finales that come with it? Well, you were wrong.

The month of April will be plenty busy in its own right, so TVLine hereby presents this handy calendar of key dates, including the much-anticipated returns of shows such as Bones, Revenge and Glee, several season premieres, brand-new fare from Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes (ABC’s Scandal) and Emmy winner Julia-Louis Dreyfus (HBO’s Veep), a forever farewell to Tree Hill, and more than a dozen other finales.

Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Axed? What’s on the Bubble?

Premieres are denoted in BOLDClick twice on the thumbnail below, and save the dates!

Preemptive P.S.
My calendar-making skills are not infallible, so if you spot something that is (theoretically) missing, drop a polite note in Comments and I will (possibly) make updates (though the odds greatly increase if I’m hopped up on an M&Ms high).

Comments (57)

• So excited for the final three episodes of The Good Wife! Wish this season had more than just 22 episodes.

Comment by isabel – April 1, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right? This season flew by.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think I missed a news update or something. Why is The Good Wife ending in April? Was the season shortened? I would think they would want one of their best shows during May Swweps. Thanks for your work Matt!

Comment by Deena – April 1, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • For some reason sweeps are beginning at the end of April.

Comment by smidnite – April 1, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • But that would still only be 1 episode of TGW. Shouldn’t all 3 be in May? I think part of it runs into April so that any part of May beginning with Memorial Day Weekend doesn’t count.

Comment by Deena – April 1, 2012 08:16 PM PDT
    • TWENTY TWO episodes??? My DVR records new episodes only and I have not deleted any….. the count is TEN episodes. By the end of the month it will be THIRTEEN!!
      did they put this show on Sunday night to kill it? It has been pre-empted for every awards show that comes down the pike…….which by the way usually happens on Sunday night.

Please tell me where I can find the other NINE episodes.

Comment by Carolyn – April 2, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Carolyn: do you use a season pass to record The Good Wife? If so, your DVR may ask how many episodes you want to save. On my Tivo it’s called “keep at most” or something like. If you don’t adjust this manually, it may have deleted episodes without you realizing it. If you recorded each episode manually (as I did this year, to account for CBS’s frequent Sunday overruns, then your DVR should have saved all your episodes unless it ran out of space.

Comment by the passenger – April 2, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is programmed to save until I delete and I have deleted no Good Wife episodes. It has never run out of space, because, I don’t save a lot…. not much worth watching, anymore. I’m thinking were getting shorted on Grey’s and Practice as well. Not sure ‘cuz I don’t record them.

Comment by Carolyn – April 2, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was The Good Wife on April 1? Seems I missed it. Where can I see it??

Comment by Marlene – April 3, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • April 1 – Robot Chicken premiere
    April 4 – Best Friends Forever premiere
    April 5 – I just want my pants back finale
    April 9 – Being Human finale
    April 15 – Eastbound & Town finale

Comment by Balaji K – April 1, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some of these have been added, plus BETTY WHITE’S OFF THEIR ROCKERS.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • April 3: Dance Moms season finale/Dance Moms Miami series premiere.
        April 3: Tabitha Takes Over season finale.

Comment by smidnite – April 1, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Can we stick with shows that aren’t terrible. :)

Comment by Just Wow – April 1, 2012 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Bit late for that. ;-)

And the Dance Moms are even crazier than the Housewives.

Comment by smidnite – April 2, 2012 09:00 AM PDT
  • I believe you forgot that Adam Goldberg and Leelee Sobieski show. The 2-2 or something. Wasn’t it replacing CSI: Miami on the 15th?

Comment by Shaden – April 1, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s right. NYC 22 premieres on 4/15.
      Also, Parks & Recreation returns on 4/19. (Just in case)

Comment by Balaji K – April 1, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NYC 22 and PARKS & REC have been added.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh and the return of Parks & Rec means Up All Night finale is on April 12.

Comment by Balaji K – April 1, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Parks and Rec on the 19th? BEST. BIRTHDAY. GIFT. EVER.

Comment by Christine – April 1, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i thought the vampire diaries had some break after this week and would return in mid-april oder did i misunderstand something?

Comment by destiny – April 1, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot Supernatural comes back on April 20th!!!!

Comment by stephanie dettmer – April 1, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be correct, but we are not here to denote every micro-hiatus :)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Unless it’s Fringe, of course… You also included Fringe in the March calendar after a *micro-hiatus*.

Comment by Elle – April 1, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • FRINGE had been off the air for a full month.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • OK, so which do you prefer:

A: Having a show on hiatus for 6-8 weeks (Fringe, Revenge, Community)
            Or

B: Gone for 2 weeks, back for one, rerun the next, two new episodes; gone another week….

Comment by smidnite – April 2, 2012 01:36 PM PDT
          • This is in reply to smidnite: I would prefer that they fix the schedules so that the season is no longer 22/24 episodes in a 39 week period, but a 22/24 week period. Think of all the headaches they could avoid if they would just do this. And before you say (cause I know you want to) that the season runs from Sept. to May because of sweeps months, take a look at what they did this year with some shows not even airing new episodes during these times. And many shows had their season finales before May. So some new thinking needs to take place so that network execs show that they are condisering their viewing public wishes.

Comment by elr – April 2, 2012 02:05 PM PDT
          • What happened to being off 3 months during the summer and new shows for the rest of the year?

Comment by Carolyn – April 2, 2012 02:44 PM PDT
  • Does episode 19 of Fringe hold any significance? Or that’s there as a joke?

Comment by Balaji K – April 1, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that TVLine isn’t big on the Real Housewives but Real Housewives of NJ is coming back on April 22!

Comment by S.T. – April 1, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Grey’s Anatomy? I can’t even remember when that returns it’s been so long…

Comment by Chelsea – April 1, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GREY’S returns from its three-week break this Thursday, April 5.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah! Thanks Matt=] I can never remember what is going on when they air one episode every 3 weeks.

Comment by Chelsea – April 1, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Am I the only one who thinks that the flow of network TV episodes has been unusually choppy this season?

Comment by smidnite – April 1, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed!

Comment by Melanie – April 1, 2012 02:20 PM PDT
          • I agree and they come back so late by the time they come back in the fall they leave again for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Comment by Michael – April 1, 2012 04:38 PM PDT
          • Very much so, much choppier that past seasons. And I HATE IT!

Comment by elr – April 2, 2012 02:10 PM PDT
  • Game of Thrones.

Rest can piss off.

Comment by Superhero – April 1, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well…for me it’s the ultimate countdown until may 21st
    Last 8 episodes remaining of [H]ouse (Snif Snif!!!)
    start tomorrow @9Pm- Epi.15
    And Fringe…(another sort of coundtown-does will get renew after the season finale)

As for rest..Bof! Don’t really care..but possibly watch them anyway

Comment by Jules – April 1, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So “does will” that mean you will no longer be posting here after House ends?

Comment by Sg.Grant – April 1, 2012 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to see Parks and Rec back on the schedule. I’ve missed that show so much.

Comment by Christine – April 1, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You mention when Fringe comes back *even the episode number* but why not Supernatural? (It’s the same date, btw.)

Comment by Elle – April 1, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is not FRINGE’s “return” denoted — it’s currently airing all originals now through the finale — but a special episode.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought CSI: NY ended in April

Comment by mes – April 1, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lost Girl is on here twice? And I think it ends tonight.

Comment by Lauren Maule – April 1, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOST GIRL’s U.S. Season 1 finale airs April 9; Season 2 premieres the following Monday.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t RuPaul’s Drag Race wrap up at the end of April?

Comment by Danny – April 1, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is the US version of Being Human ending the same time as season 1 of Lost Girl?

Comment by Cameron – April 1, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep; I’ll have the elves get that added.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 1, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you very much Matt.

Comment by jennifer – April 1, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was so excited when I read Veronica Mars till I read Repeat! :-(

Comment by Dee – April 1, 2012 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If those were NEW episodes; we’d have a banner headline and fireworks.

Comment by smidnite – April 2, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You missed the return of Deadliest Catch on April 20!

Comment by Miki – April 2, 2012 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, I’ll send you M&Ms if you add Law & Order: SVU to the calendar (returns April 11th…finally!).

Comment by Mary – April 2, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Desperate Housewives returns April 29 for the final episodes.

Comment by Maggie – April 3, 2012 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post