Save the Dates: April Premieres and Finales!

You thought you’d get a breather before May sweeps and the bevy of plot twists and season finales that come with it? Well, you were wrong.

The month of April will be plenty busy in its own right, so TVLine hereby presents this handy calendar of key dates, including the much-anticipated returns of shows such as Bones, Revenge and Glee, several season premieres, brand-new fare from Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes (ABC’s Scandal) and Emmy winner Julia-Louis Dreyfus (HBO’s Veep), a forever farewell to Tree Hill, and more than a dozen other finales.

Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Axed? What’s on the Bubble?

Premieres are denoted in BOLDClick twice on the thumbnail below, and save the dates!

Preemptive P.S.
My calendar-making skills are not infallible, so if you spot something that is (theoretically) missing, drop a polite note in Comments and I will (possibly) make updates (though the odds greatly increase if I’m hopped up on an M&Ms high).

1. isabel says:

So excited for the final three episodes of The Good Wife! Wish this season had more than just 22 episodes.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Right? This season flew by.

• Deena says:

I think I missed a news update or something. Why is The Good Wife ending in April? Was the season shortened? I would think they would want one of their best shows during May Swweps. Thanks for your work Matt!

• smidnite says:

For some reason sweeps are beginning at the end of April.

• Deena says:

But that would still only be 1 episode of TGW. Shouldn’t all 3 be in May? I think part of it runs into April so that any part of May beginning with Memorial Day Weekend doesn’t count.

• Carolyn says:

TWENTY TWO episodes??? My DVR records new episodes only and I have not deleted any….. the count is TEN episodes. By the end of the month it will be THIRTEEN!!
      did they put this show on Sunday night to kill it? It has been pre-empted for every awards show that comes down the pike…….which by the way usually happens on Sunday night.

Please tell me where I can find the other NINE episodes.

• the passenger says:

Carolyn: do you use a season pass to record The Good Wife? If so, your DVR may ask how many episodes you want to save. On my Tivo it’s called “keep at most” or something like. If you don’t adjust this manually, it may have deleted episodes without you realizing it. If you recorded each episode manually (as I did this year, to account for CBS’s frequent Sunday overruns, then your DVR should have saved all your episodes unless it ran out of space.

• Carolyn says:

It is programmed to save until I delete and I have deleted no Good Wife episodes. It has never run out of space, because, I don’t save a lot…. not much worth watching, anymore. I’m thinking were getting shorted on Grey’s and Practice as well. Not sure ‘cuz I don’t record them.

• Marlene says:

Was The Good Wife on April 1? Seems I missed it. Where can I see it??

2. Balaji K says:

April 1 – Robot Chicken premiere
    April 4 – Best Friends Forever premiere
    April 5 – I just want my pants back finale
    April 9 – Being Human finale
    April 15 – Eastbound & Town finale

3. Shaden says:

I believe you forgot that Adam Goldberg and Leelee Sobieski show. The 2-2 or something. Wasn’t it replacing CSI: Miami on the 15th?

4. destiny says:

i thought the vampire diaries had some break after this week and would return in mid-april oder did i misunderstand something?

5. stephanie dettmer says:

You forgot Supernatural comes back on April 20th!!!!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That would be correct, but we are not here to denote every micro-hiatus :)

• Elle says:

Unless it’s Fringe, of course… You also included Fringe in the March calendar after a *micro-hiatus*.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

FRINGE had been off the air for a full month.

• smidnite says:

OK, so which do you prefer:

A: Having a show on hiatus for 6-8 weeks (Fringe, Revenge, Community)
            Or

B: Gone for 2 weeks, back for one, rerun the next, two new episodes; gone another week….

• elr says:

This is in reply to smidnite: I would prefer that they fix the schedules so that the season is no longer 22/24 episodes in a 39 week period, but a 22/24 week period. Think of all the headaches they could avoid if they would just do this. And before you say (cause I know you want to) that the season runs from Sept. to May because of sweeps months, take a look at what they did this year with some shows not even airing new episodes during these times. And many shows had their season finales before May. So some new thinking needs to take place so that network execs show that they are condisering their viewing public wishes.

• Carolyn says:

What happened to being off 3 months during the summer and new shows for the rest of the year?

6. Balaji K says:

Does episode 19 of Fringe hold any significance? Or that’s there as a joke?

7. S.T. says:

I know that TVLine isn’t big on the Real Housewives but Real Housewives of NJ is coming back on April 22!

8. Chelsea says:

What about Grey’s Anatomy? I can’t even remember when that returns it’s been so long…

9. Superhero says:

Game of Thrones.

Rest can piss off.

10. Jules says:

Well…for me it’s the ultimate countdown until may 21st
    Last 8 episodes remaining of [H]ouse (Snif Snif!!!)
    start tomorrow @9Pm- Epi.15
    And Fringe…(another sort of coundtown-does will get renew after the season finale)

As for rest..Bof! Don’t really care..but possibly watch them anyway

11. Christine says:

I’m so happy to see Parks and Rec back on the schedule. I’ve missed that show so much.

12. Elle says:

You mention when Fringe comes back *even the episode number* but why not Supernatural? (It’s the same date, btw.)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That is not FRINGE’s “return” denoted — it’s currently airing all originals now through the finale — but a special episode.

13. mes says:

I thought CSI: NY ended in April

14. Lauren Maule says:

Lost Girl is on here twice? And I think it ends tonight.

15. Danny says:

Doesn’t RuPaul’s Drag Race wrap up at the end of April?

16. Cameron says:

Is the US version of Being Human ending the same time as season 1 of Lost Girl?

17. jennifer says:

Thank you very much Matt.

18. Dee says:

Was so excited when I read Veronica Mars till I read Repeat! :-(

19. Miki says:

You missed the return of Deadliest Catch on April 20!

20. Mary says:

Matt, I’ll send you M&Ms if you add Law & Order: SVU to the calendar (returns April 11th…finally!).

21. Maggie says:

Desperate Housewives returns April 29 for the final episodes.