Tree Hill First Look: Peyton('s Bedroom) Returns!

Hilarie Burton won’t be returning to One Tree Hill before the CW soap takes its final bow next Wednesday at 8/7c, but lo and behold her fan fave character Peyton’s infamous bedroom is back in the picture!

In the following clip, from the show’s aptly titled series finale “One Tree Hill”, Brooke takes a literal walk down memory lane while strolling the sets of hubby Julian’s series adaptation of the town’s semi-autobiographical novel, An Unkindness of Ravens. The trip ends with an emotional Brooke reminiscing about the past in a near-perfect recreation of Peyton’s black-walled, vinyl-filled boudoir.

Press PLAY below to view the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Tree Hill‘s blast from the past!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Finales, First Look, Previews, Video

1. pammy lane says:

i haven’t watched oth in a long time, but reading all this brings back a lot of memories from ‘dawson’s creek’. not that it’s any surprise though …

• Lauren Rife says:

glad someone else agrees. they are completely copying Dawson’s Creek’s ending. they were so desperate for a storyline that they had to rip it from the pages of Dawson’s. Talk about embarassing.

• George says:

Speaking of OTH & Dawsons Creek, is the CW doing anything w/the North Carolina set both shows were shot on? Don’t they own it (or at least the WB did)? IIRC as soon as DC wrapped it up production, OTH moved in.

• Katie says:

Mark Schwann is involved with another pilot for The CW called Shelter, which I just read is going to be filming in North Carolina. I assume it will be in Wilmington, and they will repurpose some of their sets yet again…

• Paige says:

They actually made a joke about “The Creek” in the last episode… they know what they’re doing.

2. Sarah-Ann says:

Who cares, I would rather have Peyton back in Tree Hill then her bedroom.. Oh well, haven’t seen a thing of season 9.. So time to catch up?

3. Lo says:

You people DO realize that OTH is shot in Wilmington, NC, the exact same city Dawson’s Creek was filmed in. OTH also has producers/writers that worked on Dawson’s Creek. It’s called a THROWBACK. They’re paying tribute to a successful show, from the town they’ve worked in for nine years. Do you really think they could get away with just copying a storyline? It was clearly on purpose to give credit to Wilmington and Dawson’s Creek. And I for one will miss the show.

4. Tom says:

I still think Chad and Hilarie are going to come back a la Keith.

5. M3rc Nate says:

Eh im iffy on it all. I watched OTH from the pilot, and its had its high and low points, certain seasons better than others. I agree with many that this season really took a turn for the…non OTH approach. It really went deep in the “Dexter” direction. Its not that it was bad, and yes OTH has always had a touch for the deadly/horror, but it being its last season, it spending 10 of the 13 episodes on such dark story lines…it didnt feel OTH.

Overall though, i dont think they could have made a way better last season, not without Peyton and Lucas and Nathan full time. Im someone easily disappointed with endings (Chuck wasnt amazing unless it gets a DVD movie, Lost sucked, ME3 sucked ass), but im feel pretty good about how they are wrapping up the show.

6. Sally says:

One Tree Hill lost its way a few seasons back but this season has been amazing. It made me remember why I started watching OTH in the first place. I’ve laughed, cried, been surprised and heart broken in every episode. The cast, crew, director, producers and writers should be very proud of what they’ve accomplished this season. I’d implore anyone that stopped watching to watch every episode from S9, you won’t regret it.

7. Clementine says:

Hi everyone, I actually like the way they are wrapping up the show. Yes, it’s definitely like dawson but is it really such a big deal? I liked the way dawson ended and I think it’s a good way to end OTH. The only really disappointing thing is than peyton and lucas are not back… I mean come on this “lucas” episode really sucked and I think OTH deserves a finish with all the cast – more like ER. Hope they surprise us!

• heather says:

I agree.

but I kinda dont like the way Julian has been changing everything so it was him that it seems like he has been there all along.

i think thats just takes away from the show and the feeling it had.

8. ALEANA says:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH LO COMMENTS ONE TREE HILL HAS BEEN A GREAT SHOW TO WATCH AND IM GOING TO BE SAD WHEN ITS OFF THE AIR I STILL THINK THEY COULD DO MORE WITH THIS SHOW BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT ACTORS WANT TO DO OTHER STUFF THIS SHOW HAS BEEN AMAZING TO WATCH TO SEE BROOKE OVERCOME EVERYTHING THAT HAPPEN TO HER TO SEE HALEY FIGHT FOR NATHAN SEE NATAHN BECOME A BETTER MAN THAN HIS FATHER I HOPE FOR THE SERIES FINALE THAT LUCAS AND PEYTON IS BACK AND THEY KEEPING IT A SECRET LIKE THEY DID WITH KEITH COMING BACK

9. TheLonelyPlace says:

No Lucas or Peyton, the key center of this show, No One Tree Hill. This show hasn’t been one tree hill in years. Only way to hit the mark is to have them back, together.

10. Rachel says:

Love how Hilary Burton has turned her back on the show that made her. She was so busy being awful on White Collar that she couldn’t shoot 1 episode? Way to give back to the fans and show that made you.
    Then again, if I married a guy from there and cheated on him, don’t know if I’d be welcomed back…

• Natalie says:

I don’t think she turned her back on the show. She said she wasn’t asked to come back. I for one am sorry she wasn’t asked. Lucas & Peyton were one of my favorite couples. I also think it’s rude what Julian is doing. It’s really weird. But knowing OTH there is a reason for this. I like this show & I’m sorry it’s ending. I’ve really enjoyed this season.

• really says:

Hilarie did not turn her back on OTH. Sophia tweeted that she was too busy to come back. Hil was filming a movie and also probably part of the reason why that she didn’t have time to come back is that she has a young child to take care of now. She is not awful in White Collar. Grow up.

11. Beth says:

I’ve watched OTH from the start! Loved it since the beginning! Nathan and Haley have always been the “couple”! Lucas and Peyton were so ANNOYING and I was glad to see them leave. I’ve loved the adult version of the characters and the addition of new characters in S7 until the end. Will miss these characters and seeing “what comes next” for them. The “Creek” was also a great show other then being in the same town and about HS kids growing up stories were completely different! If you compare these 2 shows the every coming of age story is the same.

• really says:

They were not annoying.

• becky says:

Beth, peyton and lucas made the show. lucas was the starring role from the beginning. we all have our opinions, but the show, ONE TREE HILL is and never has been the same without them. the new characters like quinn and clay were a joke. the only good thing about them, is logan. even that little boy can out-act them. i cant stand t he new characters, but its over, and i think they ended it really well. And im a little upset that hilary coundn’t make an appearance. it IS kind of a disappointment to her fans. I grew up from highschool, into my twenties with this show. its sad its ending, but it will always be my favorite show! <3

12. Rose says:

I have watched and enjoyed ONE TREE HILL all these years and then the night of the last show is on, my TV goes out!!! I am so bummed!!! Now I will never know the ending!!!

I hope that maybe there could be yearly shows for a while.

13. Bridget Aloye Onyemaechi says:

to loved peyton & lucas they are the reason why i loved the show without no tree hill. sorry to say, but wish they will comeback for the sake the baby. I love one tree hill