Gossip Girl Scoop: Dan/Blair/Chuck Triangle Will 'Come To a Head' in Explosive Season Finale

Get More: Previews, Spoilers

Gossip Girl Season 5 FinaleThe countdown to the Gossip Girl finale begins Monday when the CW soap returns with the first of seven all-new episodes. Below, showrunner Josh Safran gives TVLine a sneak peek at what’s going down on the Upper East Side as the season draws to a close (hint: a ton).

TVLINE | Dan and Blair go public with their romance in “Salon of the Dead” on April 16. What obstacles do they face beyond that?
The obstacles are always going to be that Dan knows just how big of a presence Chuck has been in Blair’s life. And that’s something Blair works very hard to put Dan at ease about, but I think the harder she works at putting Dan at ease about that the more uneasy he feels. And, obviously, their relationship is hard for everybody around them because Serena was and maybe still is in love with Dan. And Chuck has his issues that he’s dealing with. And whenever Chuck is dealing with issues, Blair often wants to help.

TVLINE | Is Louis no longer a factor?
He is no longer a factor.

TVLINE So Georgina takes care of that situation?
The situation will be taken care of. I’m not sure it’s ultimately Georgina who takes care of it.

TVLINE | If Ivy loved having a family so much, why is she alienating the Van der Woodsens? What’s her endgame?
She definitely still wants to be a part of the family. But she’s upset because no matter what she has tried to do they don’t accept her. So, at this point, she feels like she has nothing left to prove because they’re not going to accept her anyway, so she’s just going to look out for herself.

TVLINE | Is Serena the new Gossip Girl?
I don’t want to say because Monday’s episode is very much about that struggle for Serena. But it’s like the Ring and Frodo. That’s how we looked at that story.

TVLINE | It feels like the storyline is building to you revealing the identity of the real Gossip Girl. Is it?
This storyline is something we did not tread lightly about. We knew if we were going to open this door we had to see it through. And we will be seeing it through.

TVLINE | So we will find out who Gossip Girl is this season?
I’m not going to comment on that. But we are seeing the story through.

TVLINE | What else will Serena be up to in these final episodes?
Serena definitely has been feeling a little powerless this season, whether it’s losing Dan to Blair or losing her job that she cared about with David O. Russell, and then the Spectator. She’s going to [try to] gain her power back and be the Serena van der Woodsen she once was. Whether that means transitioning out of being an “It Girl” and being a creator of “It Girls,” or whether that means stealing her spotlight back you’ll have to watch and see.

TVLINE | Is it fair to say the season finale will revolve around Blair making a choice between Dan and Chuck.
It doesn’t revolve around that. That triangle definitely comes to the end point. But the episode revolves around Serena quite heavily. It’s a very huge turning point for Serena — probably the biggest one she’s had since Season 1.

TVLINE | Does the episode end with a cliffhanger?
Oh, it ends with many cliffhangers. We always try to make our finales really exciting and juicy and fun. But in this one, it’s like a bomb gets detonated and levels everything.

TVLINE | So you’re feeling pretty confident about a sixth season?

TVLINE | A report surfaced that The CW may only renew the show for 13 episodes.
I can’t comment on that because I don’t have an answer. That remains to be seen. But we are not closing out this season with a series finale.

Comments (193)

• Whoever has anything bad to say about Chuck Bass has to seriously think about how they try to make him look bad. Yes, Chuck has made some horrible mistakes and he has hurt Blair but everything he has been doing lately is to make sure that Blair is happy. Is she happy with Dan? It might seem like it but like many other guys that she has tried to be happy with, she will go back to Chuck. She always will. They are Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck. Chuck has loved her since season 1 and Dan hasn’t. Remember when Dan hated Blair’s guts? Because I remember and I am sure that many others do as well. Not only that but remember that Blair completely ruined Jenny’s life. So, Dan loves the person that made his little sister’s life a living hell since the first day they met. That makes so much sense. Blair has not only done that but she has humiliated Dan ever chance she got. Even when they started their so called ‘friendship’ she has always made some comment about how he is either dirty, needs a haircut, etc. Dan has only loved the Blair that likes to watch the same old movies that he does and whatever other small similarities they have shared. Back to Chuck. Chuck has seen Blair be happy, vulnerable, a strong independent woman, a good friend, and a conniving and vindictive bitch. He has seen her in her lightest and darkest moments. Not only that but he has been with her through all those moments and has helped her whenever she has needed the help. You can bring up the hotel incident and the time she punched that stupid window, but he has made up for that in so many ways. He let her go to try and be happy with Louis because it was always her dream to be royalty, a princess, etc. He let her go through with her marriage because she wanted him to, despite the fact that she told Chuck she loved him and was loving him more and more each day. Chuck offered to pay off the dowry so Blair wouldn’t have to stay with Louis, Chuck voted for her 150 times during prom because being Prom Queen was something Blair had always wanted, and he has done other countless things for her. Back to Dan for a second. Dan has hated her for most of his life, he all of a sudden loves her after like 4 episodes because of small similarities like I mentioned earlier, Dan sent in the video of Blair saying that she loves Chuck in the middle of her WEDDING. He helped her do one of the most immature things she has ever done, which was run away. Blair Waldorf has always faced things and has never ran away from ANYTHING. Dan has made her weak. Yes, Chuck makes her weak too but he’s always helped her feel and let her know that she is a powerful, sexy and beautiful woman. I can go on for days arguing about this with some of you but it wouldn’t matter because the fate of Chair and Dair isn’t up to us. It’s up to the writers. Still, do not bash on Chuck Bass when Dan has done some pretty messed up things to Blair as well.

Comment by Gaby – March 29, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dan will never do anything ever as bad as what Chuck has done. Dan has never referred to Blair much less anyone he has ever dated has as a used horse. He has never abandoned someone he was supposedly in love with Chuck has done this numerous times. When Dan had a threesome it was a big deal. When Chuck has a threesome it is another day of being ‘chuck bass’. Dan values human life to much to ever sell anyone. Chuck values the empire above all else. Dan has never been an abusive boyfriend, Chuck Bass is. Chuck would never sleep with someone to get revenge or get over another person, Chuck Bass does it all time. Dan has never forced himself onto anyone ever, Chuck Bass does it all the time. What is the worse thing Humphrey has done ever? Embarrass Blair in front of people, kinda like Chuck Bass has done only Dan always does it for selfless reasons whether it be for revenge for his sister Jenny or becuase he know Blair will not be happy with Louis and would rather her go be with someone she at least professes to love. Chuck Bass leaked his sex life with Blair to Gossip Girl, and ruined Blair public image for a good chunk of season 1 in the process, purely for selfish reasons.

Comment by anne – March 30, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s your argument? How sad. Chuck has left Blair because when it came down to it she either had someone else who she supposedly wanted to be happy with or she told Chuck that she needed time to find herself. He has left her so she could try to be happy without him.

Comment by Gaby – March 30, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • even John Cena knows that Chuck and Blair shouldnt end up together(seriously he does go watch his hollywood life interview..i loled)

Comment by ggny – March 29, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who is John Cena? Kristin Bell who narrates GG wants Chuck and Blair together. The actress who played CeCe wants Chuck and Blair together…… would you like me to keep going…there are plenty more. Everyone has their opinion. I would rather listen to people involved in the show than some random!

Comment by Joy – March 29, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha. Lbr here, no one matters but the writers. And I’m side-eyeing KB wanting Chair together considering she hated Logan/Veronica, and Chair is 100 times worse than L/V.

Comment by Olivia – March 29, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes Dair!!

Comment by Jenn – March 29, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think if Blair ends up with Chuck the end of this season, I’m going to have to stop watching again. The whole Blair/Dan thing made the show more interesting. Seriously, they have great chemistry, and the Chuck/Blair shippers see what they want. Not to mention the fact that the writers don’t really care about any of the characters or what they would actually do, or choose. The writers just like to create as much drama as possible, something they obviously did by bringing Dan and Blair together, seeing as people can’t stop arguing about it (myself included… for now.)

Comment by Nicole – March 29, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with you… But still…. I’m so bored watching Chuck and Blair talking about how much they love each other but they can’t be together etc. etc…….. Blair and Dan certainly have chemisty and they shouldn’t break up. I also believe that the show should come to an end soon….

Comment by zoe_greece – April 10, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to put Blair back with Chuck for the ratings, I bet the show getting renewed is conditional on that.

Comment by Eto – March 29, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uhm, yeah, they need to end Dair. It’s really killed any excitement for this show. I mean, it’s just really so bad that I have to change the channel at this point. I’ll go for a Chuck and Blair finale but they have to make Blair seem like Blair again. Girlfriend seems completely lost. I do like to hear they are talking Serena here because I’m so sick of hearing about Blair. Girl’s gone loca and now Serena and Chuck are my favorite underdogs.

Comment by leigh – March 29, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Judging by this and other spoilers I’ve read I think Blair will pick Chuck in the finale for sure. They’re saying Blair is all over the place and not herself right now and it does back to what she said to Chuck that she “can’t be who needs her to be” right now. I don’t really find Dan and Blair appealing and I think too many fans don’t like it and the ratings have really said it’s not something alot fans want either. I’ll be happy when they end it because I never bought the story. It was too forced and Blair’s sudden change of heart really made little sense after all she had told and done with Chuck this season.
    I actually really like Serena and I’m just glad this interview wasn’t all about the triangle becuase I’m really tired of it. I think Serena has deserved a storyline for so long and it’s been eclipsed by this poorly executed Blair story, which has irnically negeglected Blair’s POV. This season Serena is the heroine, not Blair. It’s Serena’s heart who is breaking, its’ Serena who is showing initiative to change in her life and have goals. The one good thing I can say about this season is Serena and Chuck have grown. It’s not much in a season filled with bad, OOC, inconstent stories but they are the bright spots.
    All I can hope for in this show is it gets better next season. I’ll probably hang around and see what happens in the finale but if the writing continues to be one that consists of throwing characters under a bus, not getting them, and thrown together stories, it’s just not worth my time anymore.

Comment by lexie – March 29, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blair and Dan together makes everything so perfect in the world of UES, I love them and want them to end up together

Comment by Jaze – March 29, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone, lets all calm down and enjoy the 6 Dairlicious episodes that are coming and let nothing burst our #DairBubble

Comment by KK – March 29, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s fine you enjoy your 6 episodes. Fans should. Sadly, I think Gossipgirl will continue to suffer in ratings from this couple. It’s really shattered this show into nothing.

Comment by MSC – March 29, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan being insecure over Chair reminds me of Pacey when he was also insecure about dawson and joey, so I have hope for Dair to survive against anything :)

Comment by wendy – March 29, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of us,Dair fans,have been crazy from the latest Aussielo’s spoilers grr!

Comment by Shainne – March 29, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’re in this together. Yeah, we’ll make it somehow. Nothing’s gonna stop us now….Dan and Blair are going to make it and get married and live happily everafter

Comment by Alice – March 29, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have had a rollercoaster of emotion this past month being a HUGE Dan and Blair, this couple has consumed me far more than I expected…I will love Dair no matter what

Comment by Hazel – March 29, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can live off Dair videos all my life if our couple dont make it whatever it is, I’m love my Dair Family

Comment by Ruhani – March 29, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan being jealous is exactly like Nate in season 2. Blair tried to pretend everything was perfect and then it blew up and she wanted to be with Chuck. She’s so picking Chuck and I’m not getting the DB fans here not getting that when someone on Fanforum leaked those call sheets. There is a reason we call them Dairlusional

Comment by jenna – March 29, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I will be laughing so hard when at the end of the season finale when Dan and Blair go to Rome and Chuck jumps off his empire.

Comment by anne – March 30, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, everyone seems to have a problem with #Dair, be it S,C or UES society, Brooklyn boy stealing a queens heart :)

Comment by Yuni – March 29, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Dair ends on a good note in the GG finale…then the writers will have 13 episodes to screw them over if they are not endgame. >.< …I want dair to be endgame

Comment by priksil – March 29, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks a lot Ausiello, we Dair fans adore u and yes it will be an amazing season finale :)

Comment by Dairbaby – March 29, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see Blair choosing Chuck. No couple stays together through a season and DB started to weirdly and out of nowhere like NB in season 2. Good riddence because Db are bad

Comment by step – March 29, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dair are going DOWN! Thank GOD! Worst pairing ever! Blair’s diary is going to say she loves Chuck. Start crying ,Dairbabies

Comment by jenkins – March 29, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season has been really bad and I blame the whole thing on these writers trying to “make Dair happen”. It really hurt Blair’s character and it made the show feel really off. They need to stop the Dair story because it’s not interesting and (despite the crackpots here) it’s brought nothing but failed ratings and no buzz to the show. I would look forward to Blair picking Chuck in the finale, but I don’t think the writers can really make Blair look sane at this point. Talk about ruining a great character….

Comment by MSC – March 29, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope that Blair’s decision at the end of 5×17 is the same decision she sticks to at the end of 5×24. Dan didn’t come into her life to become another inconsequential boyfriend.

Comment by Jane – March 29, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thanks for the dair and ivy questions Aussiello!

Comment by freeSyria – March 29, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Serena and the van der woodsens will be the focus of the last few episodes. i hope serena regains that power that she once has. and i sorta miss the days when everything works out for her. its been really a pain to watch her lose everything. time to bring n\bring bakc Queen Serena!!!

Comment by Dancingbear – March 29, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • also, i’m ready to ignore the d-b-c love triangle. chuck deserves to have a storyline that doesn’t include blair. i mean if there is an SL about him dealing with his family it would be best for chuck to handle it alone. it will be another step to his maturity. and finally dan and blair can do their s*** together in the background and not the focal point of the show. i actually don’t get why blair’s love life became the center of the story when it fact the show is suppose to be about the scandalous life of manhattan’s elite not blair alone..

Comment by Dancingbear – March 29, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow such hateful comments are always fun to read and marvel at :O
    Anyhow I don’t think anyone who loves Serena and Blair would want them back with Dan and Chuck respectively

Comment by S – March 30, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Characters Dan and Blair are very well written.

They are not teenagers anymore. Today they are young adults with various changes and responsibilities in their lives. The presence in the life of the other gains for both.

Blair and Dan are best when they are together. What exists between them is love, pure and simple. Da Blair trusts and knows he can count on him and Dan knows he has found his muse, his true love Blair.

In real life, Dan and Blair are the only couple that really makes sense.

Comment by Ma – March 30, 2012 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dair,ok,
    butJUST
    forA
    FEWepisodes
    then
    CCCCCHHHHHAAAAAAIIIIIRRRR
    epicLOVE

Comment by serena – March 30, 2012 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Blair chooses Dan. Chair is always going to end badly and Chuck will never become a better person, ever.

Comment by anne – March 30, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so funny to sit here, reading all the Chair&Dair Fights and in my head it’s just: “Derena, Derena, Derena” LOL, anyways, yes i may be the only DS Fan here, but seriously I don’t care about that at all. So you guys can already guess what my opinion about Dair is….right, a total Dislike. I loved their friendship though, they had a great chemistry, but they destroyed it all with Dan falling in love with Blair and with bringing them together as a couple. To come to each character that is involved here. Blair: I used to love her very very much, but since it’s all about her and since she has become so selfish I dislike her more and more. Especially how she’s become to Serena. Kissing Dan in front of Serena when her grandma dies a few feet away. How disrespectful and selfish is that? Same goes with Dan, he once was my favourite male character, but since he’s in love with Blair he changed so much. It hurts to see him being so careless when it comes to Serena. He’s a complete asshole. I’m glad that Serena gets finally a big storyline, she really deserves it. And seeing her hurt so much in the last episodes really broke my heart. And I might be a hardcore DS Shipper, but atm I don’t really want them back together. Serena deserves something much better than Dan and before he doesn’t start to apologize to her and all this stuff, i don’t want them back or anything. I bet now’s everyone coming with: “But serena slept with Nate when he was with Blair!” An argument I heard way too often. Yes it happened, but they were drunk, they were teenagers, Serena regretted it right after it happened and she had to pay for it. Blair manipulated her, if you totally forgot that. And Serena didn’t do something like that to Blair, instead she even gave them her blessings. So gtfo with this invalid argument. And now to Chuck, he may has done some pretty bad things but he always made up to that. And through all the years he always loved Blair, no matter what. Plus, Dan did some really bad things too. Chuck isn’t the only bad one here. Oh and to everyone who thinks that Chuck will jump off the Empire: Seriously? They wouldn’t kill such an important character like Chuck, without him the show probably wouldn’t survive, he already nearly died this Season and between Season 3 and 4. I think when someone’s going to die then it may be Lola, since the actress got a new role in another show…but it’s definitely not Chuck Bass. And to everyone who thinks that Dair will be endgame: Dream On…
    Hopefully Derena&Chair are endgame.

Comment by DerenaIsLove – March 30, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Dan and Blair stay together, they are the best thing the writers ever did to the show. They are a great match and their feelings seem genuine. I think it would be so boring for Blair to return to Chuck for the millionth time. They were each others first loves, but they were teenagers and now are adults. They’ve grown and changed – it’s time to move on.

Comment by Chris – March 30, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH IVY! Ivy won’t be accepted BECAUSE SHE IS NOT FAMILY! Please make her go away!

Comment by Ms. Chanandler Bong – March 30, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • END GAME HAS TO BE DAN & BLAIR!!!!!!!!!

Comment by melany – March 31, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I hope Chuck and Blair end up together. They might have fights but that’s normal. Running off with a prince isn’t. Especially for Blair Waldorf. Whoever though that getting married to a prince was going to be easy? Or with no problems? Perfect? No. When Chuck and Blair were together they were inevitable. Powerful. They ruled everyone. So perfect for each other. They were both happy. And that is all they ever wanted for each other. Therefore, they find happiness in each other. Dair, on the other hand, could never work. As said before, Dan and Blair never liked each other…. Not up until like 2 seasons ago or whatever. Chuck loved Blair since season 1. For years. There was no way he could let her go. She can never let him go! No matter what they say or what they do or who they try to cover it up with or what they try to convince themselves, they will always love each other. And Serena see it right through Blair. She knows what Blair feels for Chuck is powerful and strong and long lasting. She could never stop loving him and caring about him. And Chuck doesn’t even have to try to convince anyone he is over Blair because we all already know he isn’t! I just think it’s time (and it has been……..) for Chair to reunite. They are the best thing that has ever happened to the show.

Comment by Bethany – March 31, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember Nate?

Comment by Tom – April 2, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is something to say about how passionate and overly aggressive Chair fans are lately. Its a shame Gossip Girl makes people downright nasty on these comments. I don’t care what the writers have Blair decide, I just like watching her character.

Comment by Jaclyn-Kate – April 2, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only real relationship that will go on in the show, until the end (which might wrap it up) will be the triangle. It’s not going to be Dan and Blair, it’s not going to be Chuck and Blair (though they are the Rhett Butler and Scarlet O’Hara of the show, with their love-hate constant back and forth).

It’s going to be Chuck and Blair and someone else.

There are two reasons for this: 1. it’s a melodrama, and plot-wise, those need triangles to keep the melodrama going and 2. Blair and Chuck’s relationship IS, specifically, melodramatic in this way. This is what makes them the “Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara of the show.”

It’s part of the dynamic between Chuck and Blair that someone is always coming between them. When they can’t find someone to come between them, they end up contriving reasons themselves (trading for a hotel, needing to “be on my own,” etc.) to be apart and “betray” each other. The reason the betrayals never stick is that they’re actually a part of the dynamic of the relationship. This is a Heathcliff-Catherine, Wuthering Heights situation here. It’s gothic and follows gothic melodrama rules.

It might appear they’ve escaped each other, but from a narrative standpoint, they never will. The show would have to change genres for that.

My suspicion about why the show has moved on from Serena much of the time, and Nate almost all of the time, is that the gothic dynamic is more interesting. I think it’s partly that the actors are better — as in Veronica Mars, when Duncan got written out of the series and Logan (the much more talented in that context Jason Dohring) became her main love interest, it was because Duncan was as boring as paste and Logan was really interesting and flawed. Nate is the paste in this situation, and for some reason Serena isn’t a whole lot better. No matter how many “she’s acting so terrible!” storylines they give Serena, I just don’t believe it.

There’s something like a hippie vibe (long soft blond hair, soft voice) that she gives off that makes me feel she’s just not seriously going to cut you down the way Blair would, could and has. And that makes Blair more interesting most of the time. Maybe it’s because I’m not a dude that I don’t find Serena more interesting, but I suspect it’s more because of the casting in that case. And the writers have noticed that and capitalized on it.

Comment by Alicia – April 2, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, basically, the writers are saying that after Blair tries so hard to find a “good” man (that’s why shw wanted Louis the first place and not Chuck) and wants Chuck to turn into a good guy.

Blair turns to Dan, who only got Blair because of scheming? (Sending the video to GG, in Chuck’s words “trying to keep him and Blair apart.”) You’ve gotta be kidding me.

Comment by C – April 3, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE DAIR! I HATE DAIR! I HATE DAIR!
    Bring back MY CHAIR or else I’m gonna bury this show in forgotten land!

Comment by MsPurpleLee – April 4, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I DON’T CARE CHAIR OR DAIR! I’m just happy chuck is alive and well but darn it give him back the power he once had! I adore chuck and honestly he is the only thing that keeps me watching. And please if he doesn’t get the girl give him a better one!

Comment by bella – April 5, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blair and Chuck shouldn’t get back together! At another time they were exciting. Now, they are boring! Especially after the ridiculous story about Blair’s obsession with religion, I was finaly sure. Chair is over! And besides, Dan is sooooo sweet with her…………….. :)

Comment by zoe_greece – April 6, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s always been Chuck and Blair since the very first episode.

Comment by Cass – April 9, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that maybe most of you people don’t agree with me, but….I really want Serena and Nate back together :(

Comment by mm – April 10, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m praying for Dair endgame they’re perfect together!!!!

Comment by Dasha – April 11, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started watching GG on netflix and totally fell in love with the styling/fasion of the show. Blair has been my favorite character of them all….I love how she can be evil to the extreme but there is always a glimmer of kindness in her heart. When she started seeing Chuck behind everyones back and eventually falling in love with him I couldn’t help but to love the show even more. The whole Dan and Blair love story doesn’t sell the show. I stopped watching because Blair chose to marry Louis, and than chose Dan. I love anytime Blair and Chuck are on screen together cause its believable. To extremely evils makes a really right love. The character of Blair and even Dan seem out of place together. Stop trying to make them a young version of Lily and Rufus. The show is totally losing its fictional superficial flow that people loved to watch it for.

Comment by queen b – April 11, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This whole Dan Blair thing is ridiculous. the finale should end with chuck and Blair together.
    And whatever happened to Dan and serena being ‘forever’ – as she said in season 1?
    Or nate…who still had feelings for serena at the beginning of s4 and then it all just dies..
    I wish they give nate and serena a chance….i live them…and of all characters…they treated each other the best…plus nate said in season 3 that she is the most Alice girl he knows….sigh…i want serenate back!!!!

Comment by it-girl – April 13, 2012 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s a thought…what if Blair’s diary reveals that Chuck was actually her baby daddy? No one actually saw the results on screen. She might have hidden it because she thought that Chuck wasn’t ready for fatherhood, but then she’s in a mess and can’t tell him the truth because he realizes he loves her and her baby. Then the guilt of the crash might have been too much for her…Dan gets mad at Blair because he lied to her and pulled the same thing as Georgina did to him. This leaves Blair and Chuck at odds because she lied to him, ,but it also leaves it open for them to be reunited in season 6.

Comment by karebare – April 15, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its almost like watching a bad dream.

Comment by Lydia Elliott (@AidylTtoille) – April 15, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so disappointed. Blair Waldorf, the queen b, the bitch that would go through anything and anyone to get what she wants and protect who she loves. Chuck Bass, the powerhouse scheming playboy. Both of these fantastic characters are gone now… totally ruined. It was “Chuck and Blair, and Blair and Chuck.” The way they schemed, betrayed, fought, tricked, used, and LOVED each other kept the show interesting..the way they were and the way their relationship worked, it was the magic of the show. No love “triangle” was needed to keep them interesting. They just were. Where did that go? Why couldn’t they keep it the way it was?….. Who cares if they’re not “good” for each other. They made each other happy when push came to shove. If you want to see a “good couple” go rent a Nicholas Sparks book-based movie. GossipGirl was supposed to be drama. It was supposed to be about flaws, reckless love, money, fashion, social status… Dan Humphrey, brooklyn boy, the humble honest writer.. that character might as well have disappeared along with jenny&vanessa. He’s not the same. He schemes&lies and then pretends to keep this good boy persona. He’s fake. At least Chuck Bass owned up to his status of asshole. Everyone knew he was an ass & he didn’t pretend not to be. Dan in season 5 is irritating, annoying. Blair in season 5 is flaky, weak. Chuck in season 5 is too in love, weak. As for Serena VDW, and Nate they deserve a better story line… their characters can be salvaged. The couples I root for are Blair&Chuck (their storyline was interesting, the chemistry was amazing), Dan&Serena (They worked as flawed as she was, They had drama.. starting with the breach in social status in the beginning of their relationship) Nate… give him a playboy status!!!! GG writers, you are ruining the show. stop with the love triangles & put them back in their original pairs, bring back the fun, nail-biting, show most of us knew and loved. (For the record, I have stopped watching the show due to excessive boredom. However, I have been paying attention to what happens in the show through blogs and other websites.) If GG doesn’t return to its original glory.. I’m just going to have to pretend the 2nd season finale was the end of the show & the 3,4,& 5 seasons didn’t exist.

Comment by B – April 17, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t handle all this hatred towards chuck. Blair is also in the wrong she slept with his uncle!!! She was prepared to sleep with him again to get the hotel back. Chuck and Blair are the same and that’s why they work so well together. They both have a good side and a bad side. Chuck is trying to change. All people deserve second chances especially if you have had such a complicated background like Chuck.

Comment by gg – April 19, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post