Bones Brass Issue Ominous Finale Warning: It's 'Going to Scare the Crap Out of People'

Bones David Boreanaz Emily DeschanelLife will never be the same for Booth and Brennan when their little bundle of joy arrives on Bones on April 2 (Fox, 8/7c). No shock there. But the degree to which motherhood affects Emily Deschanel’s tightly-wound alter ego will be surprising.

Hot Shots: Bones and Booth Balance Baby and Murder! Plus: A Squintern in Love?

“She is now a big, open bruise because of another human being, and she will find that very disorientating,” creator Hart Hanson shared during a conference call with reporters on Tuesday. An upcoming episode involving a child victim triggers an unfamiliar reaction in Brennan. “[She] turns to Booth and says in a very shocked way, ‘I find I have a great need to go see [our baby] Christine, and it makes no rational sense.’ She’s just shocked that someone has gotten so deeply into her heart.”

But despite the new addition to the Bones family, one thing will stay the same. “We’re a murder show. That will not change,” maintained executive producer Stephen Nathan. “But when we do go home, they have a new arrival, which changes their lives.” Added Hanson: “The balance won’t change, but the content will.”

Bones Taps October Road Alum Jay Paulson to Shake Up Angela’s Life

As such, Brennan will be back to work just a short eight weeks after giving birth and will have to deal with the struggle of leaving behind her little one for the first time in the April 9 episode. As the new parents get immersed in solving crimes once again, don’t expect bureaucracy to get in the way of Booth and Brennan’s unique partners-in-life-and-work dynamic. “We’re not planning a storyline in which the FBI says, ‘You can’t be partners,’” assured Hanson. “It may come up from time to time, especially from Sweets, that it’s odd to have a couple working together. But it’s not the oddest thing in the world.”

Other highlights from the call:

BONUS TREATS | There’s still no airdate for the four additional Season 7 “bonus” episodes that Fox ordered. “They’re more stylized than we normally would do,” said Nathan of the standalone installments. “We were able to tackle stories that we might not normally have tackled.”

FUTURE PLANS | If the show gets renewed for an eighth season, expect to see some storylines that got put on the backburner because of this year’s shortened episode count. “We weren’t able to give some of the other characters that we love – Hodgins and Cam – more extensive arcs,” revealed Nathan. “We will be doing that if we get picked up.” Also look for “more Booth family stuff,” added Hanson.

Spoiler Alert! Bones Birth Video! Suburgatory Twist! Mad Men Scoop! Walking Dead Chatter!

A TERRIFYING END | “Pelant’s going to scare the crap out of people in the season finale,” teased Hanson, while Nathan warned that the baddie will “turn the series on its head for a little bit… He has much more power than any of our serial bad guys have had in the past.”

BEST FRIENDS FOREVER | Need some quality time with BFFs Angela and Brennan? Good news: There will be lots of scenes between the pals later this season, including an episode that finds the two playing hooky. And in the season finale, “the audience will get a very good feeling for how close Angela and Brennan are,” previewed Hanson. “In some ways, Angela knows Brennan better than Booth does.”

1. dead dead dead. CAN’T WAIT

2. A says:

Who is Pelant? Did I miss something?

3. Anna says:

I am too excited for this spring premeire! I’ve missed Bones so much!

4. Karen says:

I cant wait bring on monday

5. s says:

What happened to Parker? Is he going to be a part of the Booth-Brennan Family?

• Karen says:

Parker will be back he is in ep 10 i belive

• Oh Good, I was hoping they wouldn’t forget that booth had Parker, I found that he wasn’t brought into the house search or even mentioned much troubling… :( So glad he is remembered. :)

• EmandRen says:

Totally agree..I spent most of the season going..Um, Where’s Parker? Why aren’t they talking about Parker? it really bothered me. The house part especially..no ‘Here’s a room for Parker’ or “Parker will love this..’ moment!? I was disappointed in their writing of Booth in that moment.

6. Kate says:

I am so excited for the Angela-Brennan stuff. I feel like they’ve been neglecting some quality BFF time. It’s always nice to be reminded that Brennan is a really great friend.

7. Sam says:

Cant wait for bones to come back so excited!

8. Betty says:

Can’t wait for Monday and the rest of the season. My favorite show is almost back!

9. Mitch says:

Oh, is this show still on the air? I stopped watching after they pulled that character assassination on Zack.

• NitaMae says:

Mitch, then you unfortunately missed learning that Zack did NOT kill anybody and is actually innocent. At some point they will surely revisit this and maybe even bring Zack back. I am hoping! You’ve really missed out on some truly great stories.

• Mandy says:

Well, Mitch, you missed a lot of good and great Bones’ episode since you are still hanging on the the “Zack” thing.

• Mic says:

It wasn’t an assassination. Zack was mixed up with a serial killer nicknamed Gormogon & after being “caught” , Zack made a deal in order to prevent himself from going to prison. He’s in an mental hospital & it’s even part of an episode.

10. ScrubsGuy says:

“If we get picked up”? I would imagine it’s a slam-dunk given how many series are on their way out at Fox this year.

• Stephanie says:

I would sure hope so, I am so glad that they moved to Monday nights, I am so tired of American Idiots, ooops, I meant Idol screwing the masses out of GOOD programming like Bones(the Finder is moving to Fridays), I have ENOUGH reality in my life already and would rather forget about my life for a moment and get lost in someone’s fantasy than to see “reality tv” that just makes my life seem even worse than it is. Guess that channel 4 will have my viewership from 8-9 EVERY Thurs. now.

11. BonesFringeFan says:

I have never been this scared in my life. Honestly.

12. Irene says:

The show went downhill once they got together. Sorry folks. In my humble opinion, the show had more pizazz before that. Now we have sticky sweet threesome which we had when Angela had her baby. We are going to OD on sugar

• Lisa says:

We’ve seen exactly six episodes this season. That’s a bit soon to say the show has gone downhill from what it was because they got together. I don’t know what show you’re watching, but I missed the sticky sweetness that you seem to have observed. Perhaps you just have a problem with people being in relationships. It isn’t like we didn’t still have dead bodies and gross remains.

• JACQUE says:

YOU SAID IT, I COULDNT WAIT FOR THEM TO GET BONES AND BOOTH TOGETHER. I DONT LIKE THE IDEA THAT THEY ARE GOING TO MESS AROUND WITH ANGELA AND HODGINS THOUGH.

• suzi says:

I don’t see any sticky sweetness either, just people in love, people that have either been in love or careening towards love since the beginning. I think the show has gotten better.

• Doris Bailey says:

I love the interreaction of the people on the show and Brennon and Booth are two of my favs. also like the bff between Brennon and Angela.

• Carolann Q says:

Another divorced person because life with that person got BORING? We have truly become a throwaway society. Throw away mates! Don’t get married even if you love each other because it’s BORING!
      MacMillan and Wife would never make it in this generation!

• Suzana says:

Sorry to desagree! But I think you had missed something in your marriage. I have been 10 years married and has not been boring!

13. Jeri says:

“If” they get picked up!! I would think it would be a slam dunk. This show is so good and has so many fans. They need to go back to a full season all in order without the big gaps but with the baby (ies) this year that couldn’t be helped.

Looking forward to seeing it again finally, this year and coming years!

• Stephanie says:

I saw an interview with David and his wife that stated that they had filmed the episodes upto and including the one where she gives birth, before they stopped for maternity leave, then like about 3-4 days after the interview, Emily had the baby. Now, I would of perfectly fine if they would of shown the ep. where she has the baby, then go on hiatus, but, no, AMERICAN IDIOT, oops, Idol, has to start up again and Bones, like every year, gets the boot/postponed for the stupidity to continue. SO HAPPY that they are moving to Mondays.

14. Clair says:

The comment about Angela and Brennan being close. I am so glad they are giving them more time together. However with the way the comment said it, does anyone think maybe they have slept together? I really hope not and I hope they arent breaking up Booth and Bones.

• c-mo says:

Are you being serious? I don’t mean to be rude but you can “play hooky” with someone without sleeping with them.

• Heather says:

I don’t know what “play hooky” means where you’re from, but I know it as skipping out on your obligations for a little bit, as in “play hooky from school (or work).” Calling in sick when you’re not. It has nothing to do with sex. I think you are thinking of the phrase “hooking up.”

• Mandy says:

Clair obviously doesn’t know what “play hooky” means. It’s like “cutting classes” from school, or “calling in sick” from your job when you really aren’t sick.

• Ang says:

This just made me laugh out loud. So funny. Hooky-dear- not HOOKER. lol.

• JEK says:

playing “hooky” just means they skipped work for the day to spend time together… nothing more..

• iqhighenough says:

Poo! They probably will take their infants to the park. (Maybe you will get to see them nurse the babies; Is that close enough to sex for you?

15. Madison says:

“The balance won’t change, but the content will.”
    I love these two statements. They show that they’re paying attention to what makes the show good, that they care about all the characters getting some good screen time and that they are keeping the procedural up to par while moving on in the personal lives so that part doesn’t become stagnant. I’ll certainly be watching when it comes back in April. I like that H. Hanson guy. It’s nice to see some good guys e.g., Hanson, Marlowe, Glasberg, out there running shows.

16. Jillian says:

I hope we see more romance and affection. I feel like they just skipped over their whole relationship, and they went from Booth being all in love with Hannah, to just friends, to all happy and in love, and then, the lack of romance and affection was really disappointing in the first half. Maybe they did that because Emily was pregnant, which I understand, but I hope we see more in the second half. I don’t think they will hurt the show if we see them passionately kiss every once in a while. Like how many times have we seen Angela and Hodgins make out?

• Jillian says:

…I loved the kiss in episode 6, but that’s about all we got. Except for Brennan pulling away from Booth every time he tried to kiss her in the premiere, which was so disappointing.

• Lisa says:

Jillian you need to let this go. You post about hoping to see Booth & Brennan making out passionately everywhere. If that’s your main reason for watching the show may I suggest any show on the CW or ABC Family which seem more suited to what you’re looking for. Bones is not that kind of show and Booth & Brennan have moved beyond that phase of their relationship. We KNOW they’re having sex. You should get used to the idea that the audience probably will never see it. This is what grown up love looks like-you should learn to deal with it or move on.

• Karen Jenkins says:

I am so glad you said that,I do not watch Bones for sex it is a murder show and I LOVE IT.

• Mandy says:

Lisa – GREAT post! Couldn’t have explained it better myself. Jillian needs to watch some other TV programs if she wants constant kissing between people. Bones & Booth show the right amount affection towards each other, and kissing, It is NOT that k ind of show. 99% of us are GLAD as heck that they are finally together, we don’t need them rolling around naked in bed and constantly kissing each other.

• Lisa says:

Mandy & Karen thanks for your support. Bones has never and will never be the kind of show Jillian is looking for.

• Jillian says:

I LOVE the show, but I’m just worried that the show will focus more on them just being parents than lovers. I don’t need to see them make out in every episode, but I would also like to see some of their love life too…but we will see that.

• Jillian says:

You are very rude. I LOVE this show and I have seen every episode, and I will not watch any shows CW or ABC. I will watch Bones. That didn’t say that I wanted to see them have sex. I didn’t say that I wanted to see passionate kissing all the time. Just every once in a while. Stop putting words in my mouth. I just would like to see some of their love life on-screen every once in a while. There are many ways they can show that kind of intimacy…but I’m confident that we will see a another sex scene someday (not just the coma dream sex) I hope that one day you will learn not to attack people and put words in their mouths just because you don’t agree with them.

And no, I don’t believe that “grown up love” means we should never see romance and affection. I don’t what kind of relationships you have with your husband/boyfriend/fiancee or if you even have someone special, but I don’t think you are ever too old to show romance and affection. Again, that doesn’t necessarily means “sex.” There are always they can show that.

• Lisa says:

Booth & Brennan show love and affection by their actions to each other all the time-you just don’t recognize it for what it is. I don’t put words in your mouth. I read your posts everywhere saying just that.

• Jillian says:

@Lisa Again…You are putting words in my mouth. I did NOT post that I wanted to see them passionately make out everywhere in this comment section. This was the only post where I ever talked about seeing romance and affection in this comment section. If you actually read my posts…I also talk with people who don’t live this show anymore and about why Fox moved Bones to Monday nights. We just have different opinions. I would like to see a little more passion and romance like the very last scene in Crack in the Code every once in a while. Again, not in every episode. Just every once in a while, but I’m confident that we will see something like that again. They say ILY in the sneak peaks of the birth episode and Booth says it so serious. I love it.

Maybe you try not making up stuff that people said or just don’t comment here again at all.

• sophia7470 says:

Jillian – I don’t disagree with you on the wanting to see more affection between B&B, but please, be careful of spoilers!

You mentioned in a comment something from the sneak peaks, which I have been studiously avoiding because I wanted to be surprised when the episode airs.

• @Jillian says:

I hope they do to. For you guys. After all they are married and what will it hurt to throw a kiss in on a rare occasion and it will be something nice for you guys who want it. :)

• Mandy says:

Jjillian: Are you watching the same show as the rest of us are?????

Booth and Bones are NOT MARRIED!! And there is no marriage in the future; at least not this season. Maybe the last season just before the show goes off the air (which it eventually will).

And pay attention when the show comes back: THEY DO KISS but aren’t tongueing each other to death every second of the day!!!

• Jillian says:

Umm…that’s not me. That’s someone who put their name as @jillian who was responding to what I said. Like I said up above…I LOVE the show and I LOVE B&B, but I’m just worried that the show will focus more on them just being parents than lovers. I don’t need to see them make out in every episode, but I would also like to see some of their love life too. But I’m confident that we will see that.

• Gretchen says:

Brennan has Aspergers (based on how the character acts), as such it is perfectly in character for her to not be big on affection.

17. Christine says:

I have a very bad feeling inside of me for Christine. I think that Pelant guy is gonna kidnap her. I really hope I am wrong. :( :(:(:(:(

• I believe something will happen to both Brennan and Angela’s Babies and later next season, Zack will have to come in figure it out and save their children. Who knows, They said the season finale will be mind blowing. I guess we will have to wait and see. The new episodes are humanizing Brennan and that is scary in itself. A sweet understanding Temperance with empathy? Is Brennan still going back to going on cases with Booth? We have to see the ride a longs with them together and a couple. Can not wait until new season!!!!:) :}

18. Jillian says:

Ummm,,,They aren’t married yet.

19. Pam says:

I am excited about the next seven episodes I saw the one coming up at Bones Paley Fest it was a fun episode and so endearing. I can’t wait to see it again on April 2nd. I hope we get loads of family scenes with Booth and Bones/baby been waiting a long time for these two to be together. The supporting cast and stories just get better and better. I do miss Zach and wish they’d introduce a storyline about someone getting murdered in the looney bin and Zach helps solve it. I’d also like to see some sexy scenes with Bones and Booth now Emily has had her baby and she can now have some fun on screen with Booth what was deleted from season 6 or at least some flash backs to the night their baby was conceived HA! Bring on the romance and bring on the serial killer I am ready for both.

20. Former Fan says:

Personally,IMHO: This show will never be the same again. If (& only if) the ratings start to drop-it will be because of this whole (Had a baby storyline). And also because of the move to Monday nights. I understand she was pregnant in real-life,&,am very happy she had a healthy child. Please don’t attack me for what I’m about to say: Just because she was pregnant in real-life, DOES NOT MEAN they had to write it into the series-there were so many other ways they could have written this without making a child a part of the actual show. I hate to say this,but,babies kill shows. This show will be way too sweet for me now. When it was just Angela-it was o.k.-,but,now Brennan too-there will be a sugar overload. Also, the whole thing just somehow seems a little forced to me somehow. Look, I wish you fans the best-I really do,but, I have a feeling this show will suffer because of this whole “baby” thing. Also,something that needs to be considered: it MAY NOT be renewed-it’s possible. I do agree that it has a chance because so many Fox shows have either been cancelled,or,are going to be cancelled,so they have to renew some shows. Good luck to you guys & all the best…..

• Jillian says:

Just because you don’t like the show doesn’t mean everyone else agrees with you or the show will suffer and the ratings will drop. Many people still love this show and how they are having a baby. I don’t think the ratings will be great, but they definitely won’t drop enough for Fox to considering cancelling it. They have been moved so many times, and each time, not only have they kept their audience, but they have gained some more viewers too. In January, they aired against TBBT without any lead in and they still had a 2.4 18-49 adult demo.

Plus, the whole show won’t focus on babies. It’s still going to be a murder show, but yeah, they will mention the baby sometimes.

21. Jerri says:

Pelant is going to come after the B&B baby?

22. ?Current/Former Fan? says:

@jillian- I just wanted to clarify my earlier comments. I don’t want anyone to think I’m anti-baby-that is not the case. My comments were based on how the “baby” will change the whole chemistry of the show. Look, I agree with you-the whole show won’t be about the baby,however, I think this changes the whole dynamic of the program. The reason I always liked Bones was because of the working on the cases & the humor & those type of things. I look at them having a baby as the way a program ends. It wouldn’t have bothered me if this was during its’ final season heading towards a series finale,BUT, to have this happen now is what concerns me. This may not be a suitable comparison,but, I am also a big Castle fan-and-if they were to have a baby on that show-I believe it would also mess up the chemistry on that show as well. I have always enjoyed watching Bones & am still debating whether or not I’ll be watching when it returns with new episodes. One more thing jillian-I was being sincere when I said I hope you guys get a renewal. I’m losing some of my favorite shows after this season & some are “on the bubble” so I know how terrible it feels when a show you like is cancelled & I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. I’m still unsure if I’ll be watching,but,good luck with your renewal guys…..

• Jillian says:

I don’t understand how the baby will change the dynamic of the show. To me, if the show would be all about the baby now, then that would change the dynamic. B&B will still solve murders and they will still have their chemistry, except they have a baby now. Really, I think you just sound anti-baby and that she will ruin the whole relationship and take away the chemistry between B&B. She’s not. They are still going to work together, they are still very much in love and they still have chemistry.

…and no, Bones is not on the “bubble.” It’s actually one of Fox’s safest shows to be renewed.

• sophia7470 says:

Why do you keep putting “baby” in speech marks? There is definitely going to be a baby.

• sophia7470 says:

I think hiding Emily Deschanel’s pregnancy would have been absolutely disastrous – she was extremely pregnant by the end of filming which would be impossible and laughable to cover up.

I’m glad they are having a baby, and have always watched the show for their relationship and watching them come together more than the cases. My own concern is that they focus too much on them being parents rather than lovers. And I don’t mean that I want to see them making out all the time, more that it’s their constantly revolving relationship that I watch for.

• Jillian says:

I completely agree! I love that they are having a baby, but I’m just worried that they will focus more on the baby than their romantic relationship. I’m not asking them to make out in every episode, but I would still like to see some of their love life.

23. Fan of Bones??? says:

@jillian-I meant some of MY favorite shows are currently on the bubble & about 2 have been cancelled. I know Bones is on the likely to be renewed list. But,with these networks(especially Fox-with their history of cancelling shows)-nothing would surprise me. Anyway,I hope it is officially renewed & soon. Jillian,like I mentioned earlier-I’m also waiting for some programs I enjoy(which are on the bubble)to be renewed.Also,I am not anti-baby. I am a mother of 2 myself. However,jillian there is somewhat of a history(with some shows) where a baby has been added to the cast & that season,or, the next season-such & such program went downhill in quality,or,was cancelled-I’m fairly certain that has happened. Anyway jillian-have a good night. Wishing you all the best on an official renewal soon..

• SpicyCrispyPuppy says:

Brennan has a daughter in the novels. Granted, I like the show Temperance a lot more than the novel Temperance, but I don’t think this story arc is going to change things for the worse. The people who love UST (unresolved sexual tension) still get it, because we DON’T see into the bedroom. I think it’s a lovely balance.

24. Kate402 says:

Can’t wait to watch the show! And some how I always dreaming they crossover with other TV shows, mostly Castle or more……

• NitaMae says:

Kate402, I have had the same thoughts. I would LOVE to see Booth and Brennan collaborate on a case with Castle & Beckett. That would be so AWESOME! The dynamics between the various characters have so much potential. That is something I would pay to see!

25. awesome fan says:

I love that booth and brennan are together the show is getting better and better……KEEP IT UP

26. Leigh cameron says:

When does it air in Australia

• pauline hill. says:

dont know that ! when is it going to air in the uk, cant wait to see the baby.

• CarlagUK says:

On the ball each day here in the UK, trying to find out. Sky Living HD are saying ‘Spring/April’ but no dates have yet been set. I have gone on Sky nevermiss who will inform me when it is due to return. Waiting patiently (not) for its return.

27. Annoyed Fan says:

I’m sorry… but one thing I find annoying is this ridiculous double-hiatus in the season, on top of an abbreviated season, too. So, Emily Deschamel had a baby– LAST SEPTEMBER!! How long does it take her to get back to work??

Does anyone else realize that means the last episode we saw in January was actually filmed before that, as early as AUGUST????? What’s wrong with this picture? Most people take 6 weeks. She’s had six months.

Not to mention, there was a time when a network “season” ran from September through May and re-runs were only aired in the summer. That means they normally contained 40 (yes, 4-0) episodes.

ONLY cable stations ever tried having as little as 6 episodes in a half-season. Now the top series get away with a measly 12. But we still have to sit through just as many commercials in each episode.

Will it be renewed? It seems like the fact that the show is a big hit has less to do with a renewal than whether the stars “feel” like working… which is a real annoyance to anyone either working a job they hate just to make ends meet or, worse, not able to find any work at all!

Love the show; hate the reality of it.

• Mandy says:

Annoyed Fan: YOu know nothing of the scheduling and filming of TV shows. Sure, Emily had her baby in the fall and went back to work filming the next few episodes about 3-4 months after she had her baby. (Also, many TV shows have a winter hiatus because of the holidays and go back to work in January or February to film the rest of the season). The time Emily was off was not unreasonable, even in the real world. There is NO SET TIME for materinity leave for ANYONE, let alone a TV star.

There is also the subject of the actual scheduling for the show. I don’t think you would understand if I explain this to you so I won’t.

Gone are the 40 episode TV shows. I don’t remember ANY show with that many episodes, not in this century anyway. Most have anywhere from 13 to 26 episodes. We all knew Bones was going to have a shortenend season, but not as shortened as originally planned.

28. sophia7470 says:

I don’t think that’s very fair, although I know it feels like the show has been gone a long time.

Emily Deschanel worked up until the day before she gave birth after which she took 3 months maternity leave. it takes two weeks to film an episode, so in three months they lost 6 episodes hence the shorter season. They knew they could definitely deliver 13 so that’s the official run, and then they’re giving us an additional 4 bonus episodes outside the official season – which they don’t have to do.

She stopped work in Sept and had three months off and they’ve been back at work since.

29. Larisa says:

This isone other are shows thatthedynamic between the lovers improved after they got together. The later shows before booth and brennan snogging always felt anticlimactic. Now they have an even more interesting dynamic to explore between them. This is a rare show indeed. Keep booth and Brennan and Angela and hodgins together forever

30. Bren says:

Can’t wait for ne episodes. I love this show, can’t stop watching on netflix. I do miss zach :( .I like the idea of the baby, since I don’t have any children and I want one. Wish every thing goes well for the show.:)

31. CarlagUK says:

I really don’t understand the logic in some of these comments. Of course the show has undergone some changes. That’s life. In your own work places your co-workers change. They get married. They get divorced. They have children. They get broken hearted, lose loved ones. Have their highs and lows, but still they continue to turn up each day to do their jobs.We all have life changing experiences to deal with at some point in our lives but we still have to work That is all we have here. Bones is about the FBI and The Jeffersonian Institute jointly solving crimes. That is what the show continues to do. Of course, when watching a TV show, we all like a little sugar. I would be foolish not to say that I have always wanted B&B to get together, but here again, life is never plain sailing especially with these two diverse characters. If everything went all ‘gooey’ it would just be boring. Putting their personal relationship into the mix only makes the show more interesting in my opinion.

Always ready for more ‘Bones’

• Jeff says:

True, some of fans want no character development. If you want that, just watch NCIS – zero character development on that show.

• El says:

NCIS does have character development but it does not have the same will they,won’t they. I really enjoy the character of Gibbs and learning hs backstory.

Obviously many thousands of people watch NCIS and it s not just for the crime. The cast is diverse and just as quirky, such as Abby and Ducky.

Back to Bones, I still watch but not for B & B anymore. I watch for Brennan

• SpicyCrispyPuppy says:

NCIS has a large amount of character developent. That was one of the worst analogies I’ve read all year. Go ahead and watch any of the first few episodes, then watch “Hiatus” and then one of the newest eps.There is huge growth.

32. in-love-with-the-characters says:

If you don’t like that they had the baby then u don’t understand that this show is not only about the crime but about character developement. That is why I love it so much.

33. definitely loves Bones says:

I love the baby aspect part. I think it opened a new world for Temperance and is giving her character something she deeply misses: a family. Plus, Booth and her are still working on their changing relationship, just because they’re together now doesn’t mean they won’t have bumps in the road. That’s life, the up’s and the down’s. I think it was a logical direction to take since they often focus on her being in the system and how hard it was for her to handle her father’s reappearance. I would love to see Zack again. Can’t wait for the new episodes!

34. regina says:

Love Bones. Booth and Brennan were going to get together eventually anyhow. Im not suprised at how they hooked up either. Maybe now brennan will have what she most desires. a family to love and take care of.

35. marcela garzon says:

cuando empieza esta temporada en colombia….. no he podido ver nisiquiera el episodio 7×1

36. Vivian says:

Unfortunately Bones was moved to Monday night, and moves are always done with a reason when it comes to TV. Die hard fans who feel that all is well with this show right now will not agree, fangirls will not look past certain character looks, and those who feel this is the best they have ever seen as far as writing for the show will pooh-pooh those fans who try to be realistic. Truth is, nothing is going to beat the Dancing WTStars ratings for Monday nights. (We are talking Monday night ratings- which ABC has locked up.) Fox, once again, counts on the constant numbers of viewers that Bones pulls in, but holds no hope out for claiming a Monday night sweep for ratings against the powerhouse of DWTS. In very simple terms, Bones will not produce #1 ratings in a coveted slot of viewers that Fox caters to. Bones fans need to study House numbers and flat story lines for a clue as to what is being lined up for Bones. If Fox thought Bones was such a powerhouse of ratings, it would have never been moved to Monday night with a dying show. House will have excellent ratings on it’s finale, but even that is a week after Bones is wrapped up.

American Idol is the Fox powerhouse, not Bones. Bones doesn’t help anything with a lead in number of viewers. It could not lead in viewers with a show by the same creators (HH). It could not help that show even with some of the actor crossover appearances. That said alot to Fox. Bones may not need an AI push to great ratings, but it has been placed on a night where it can not gain anything either.

“have we learned nothing from history……” words of wisdom that apply to the Fox network. A tough pill to swallow indeed for fans.

• SpicyCrispyPuppy says:

People are losing patience with DWTS. We’ve gone from A & B list stars to C list and has beens. This is probably the best lineup they’ve had in 3 years. Don’t get me wrong, I love to see football players dance, but there has been a diaperload of really terrible actors. I’m expecting Susan Lucci any day now.

• Mandy says:

LOLOLOL Where have YOU BEEN??? Susan Lucci HAS ALREADY BEEN ON DANCING WITH THE STARS A FEW SEASONS AGO!!!! Guess you’re not a regular viewer of DWTS!

• Lisa says:

Vivian, you’re overlooking the fact that Fox doesn’t expect a #1 place on Monday. They know Bones will pull in solid numbers-that’s what they’re looking for. They don’t consider Bones a powerhouse. They consider them a steady performer and much better than anything else they could put on a Monday night. Clearly your expectations were set much higher than Fox. We also don’t know if Bones will be on Monday night in the fall. Just because that’s where they’re finishing the season doesn’t mean it’s where they’ll end up next year.

• Francine says:

Are you aware of how many times Bones has already been moved around the schedule? Everytime it’s moved the fans have followed it. Just most recently when it was originally moved to Thursdays there was the same kind of doomsday naysaying about it’s chances of survivial going up against the competition it’d face. The show performed wonderfully for Fox; no it didn’t win the night, but Fox’s ratings were the best they’d done on an extremely competitive Thursday night. Then they moved AI to Thursdays and push Bones back an hour and it was up against new powerful competition and there were dire warnings of what would happen if Bones didn’t hold enough of the AI audience but again Fox was very pleased with it’s performance. No it was not winning the night, but still Fox was doing better than ever on that night.

I think what the move says is that after so many moves over their 6 and a half seasons so far Fox is confident that the fans will follow the show where ever it’s placed on the schedule. It may not bring in 20 million viewers but it’ll perform for them and it does what they want/need it to do.

37. michelle tumlin says:

cant wait for bones to start again.. hope there is more to follow

38. realistic one says:

Vivian,as a very big bones fan myself-I agree with what you have said. This show couldn’t even help out The Finder. Fact is: if Fox thought Bones was as strong as it used to be-they never would have moved it. I always worry when a show is moved,because,there is ALWAYS a reason for the move-&-it’s hardly ever a positive reason. People may say it was moved to make room for Touch,but,perhaps Fox was just looking for an excuse. People need to remember:Fox has a tendency to screw fans over. If you don’t believe me:just ask the fans of Terra Nova,Lie To Me,Human Target,& so on & so forth. If Bones is eventually cancelled-it will partly be the fault of Fox itself. If a star of the program was pregnant-then wait-until she comes back,film the rest of the episodes & show all the episodes IN A ROW… even if they had to begin airing this current season in January. Splitting the season up was a really stupid move-you lose fans when you do that. If they had aired all episodes straight through beginning this year-it may have GUARANTEED huge ratings.Now,I believe there are some fans who won’t return in April. People who like bones need to get a grip. Yes,it’s still a decent show,but,this show appears to have lost that certain something. Adding a baby-or-whatever isn’t going to mask the fact that this show (while still decent) is nowhere as good as it once was.That may be why Fox moved it in the first place.

• Mandy says:

I believe the Bones moves was forced because of American Idol. Idol USED TO BE ON Tuesdays and Wednesdays and Bones was on Thursday. Now Idol is on Wed & Thurs, which forced Fox to move Bones to Monday. I don’t see why since Idol doesn’t come on until 8:00 CST on Thursdays. Bones may stay on Mondays next season to take the place of House.

• Jillian says:

Wow. I completely disagree. The only reason why Fox moved Bones because they think it’s very strong…and they have see new shows like Alcatraz suffer in that timeslot, but they don’t want it to happen to Touch, so they put that behind AI, so that hopefully the AI lead-in would help it and moved Bones to Mondays. They have been moved so many times, and not only have they kept their audience, they have also gained more viewers. In January, they aired Bones against TBBT with no lead-in and they still very well.

Also, the only reason why they split up the season was because of Emily’s pregnancy. They figured that they could only shoot 6 episodes, and then they would either have to shoot some episodes without her or take a break and replace it with the Finder. The splitting up of the season has nothing to do with Fox losing faith in Bones.

• Lisa says:

Bones was moved from Thursday because Fox wanted to give Touch the AI lead-in to try to help it build a fan base. They knew they could put Bones on Monday because it already has an established fan base who will follow it wherever it goes. It doesn’t need to build one.

Don’t say Bones couldn’t even help The Finder. The night it aired in January, Bones numbers were solid even in a new time slot. It isn’t their fault The Finder didn’t draw the same numbers. If you’ve ever watched The Finder, you’d know it is a completely different show than Bones. One has nothing to do with the other.

I have a ‘grip’. I just don’t have your dismissive attitude where Bones in concerned.

39. Jillian says:

Bones just got renewed for a season 8!

40. sol says:

alquien me podria decir exactamnete a que hora y canal de bones la verdad yo hasta ahora no e podido ver los nuevos episodios cuando bones esta embarazada.

• temcurtis says:

@sol… Bones estará por los Lunes a las 8 en Fox aquí en Los EEUU. Solo hubo 6 episodios cuando estaba embarasada. Bones regresará el 2 de Abril.

41. HAPGMHG says:

I just started watching Bones on Netflix after the seventh season started so I haven’t seen anything with Booth and Brennan since she revealed to Angela she was pregnant but I am happy about. I can’t wait for season seven to be finished and put on Netflix. I don’t think that adding more relationships is going to ruin the show, just make it better. I really hope Bones gets renewed for an eighth season. It is my favorite show and has been since I started watching it.

42. Abby says:

i honestly liked watching bones on a thursday. im a college student so i dont really watch tv during the week because i dont have time. i hope the move to mondays benefits the show and not hurt it.

43. Dawanna says:

I can’t wait to see it. Only a few more days until its back on TV an Monday at that.Bone is my favorite show!

44. Carol says:

Bones is by far the best procedural on TV. Each of theses characters are amazing in his/her own right, and together they are perfection. SOOOO anxious for Monday night.

45. Anne Schuch says:

I’m new at this, but I think “former fan” should go somewhere else. As a loyal fan of every season I can only say what a masterful show. Kudos to everyone connected to the show. The secret to a go story is to include all facets of the human experience. I suppose those of you who belong to the naysayers club don’t know that. I’m a 75 yr old Gramma and I text with my 20+ granddaughter about the show. So you see the show appeals to a broad age group. Think about this: How many will buy the season episodes of some of thos reality shows or the dancing shows. Give me good solid writing, acting and guess what you have the best show on TV. BONES<my best to you.

• ShirleyK says:

Couldn’t agree more Ms Schuch. I am 60 years old and a big NCIS Fan.. Just started watching Bones during Season 6 because my daughter is a big fan.. Watched the other 5 Seasons on Netflix during the hiatus,.. The Chemistry between the Actors is amazing and the humor makes this type of show unique . After 6 years of sexual tension,putting them together had to happen sometime. Mr Hansen said in an intereview, I read recently, that it almost happened earlier .He thought about it in Season 2 then again in Season 4 . It was also mentioned that the show’s audience had grown during Season 6. because of the new storyline with Booth & Brennan.. I can’t wait until the new episodes airs on Monday.. I am glad it got renewed for another Season. I ‘m realy hooked!!

• CarlagUK says:

I totally agree with Anne Schuch and indeed ShirleyK. I am a 62 year old from the UK and have watched every episode since the pilot. I have seen the wonderful journey this show has taken. I have watched these characters grow over the years and have enjoyed every moment.. Ok some of the plot lines have been weak or predictable, but never boring. The way the two main characters have been brought together has been extremely successful and has given the show a new lease of life and a new perspective. Congratulations to Hart Hanson and his team on securing an eighth season. Long may it continue.

46. virtualmonk says:

Good to hear. They have been taking a back seat of late, and there’s plenty of back story to build upon.

47. Kasey Rae Ray says:

omg. the season finale killed me….. i neeed to see season 8 i cannot wait until fall! i am so glad fox renewed the contract aggghhhhh

• Carol says:

Seriously?? The “suspense: is laughable. Of course she is not quilty and Pelant will be found quilty. There is a next season, so Temperance HAS to come back. I love the squint brain trust working together to get puishment the bad guys and justice for the good guys. I also was hoping for a lot more Parker and Bones trying to teach him that the “wicked” step mother in just not so