Poppy Montgomery Hails Her Unforgettable New Foil, 'Hardcore' Romance Twist and 'Cool' Finale

Unforgettable, which wasn’t among the shows to elicit an early renewal by CBS, will make a strong case for consideration by serving up a memorable final salvo of episodes starting tonight at 10/9c. And those who stick around for the May 8 season finale may, just may, join Carrie (played by Poppy Montgomery) in unearthing a major reveal about her sister’s murder.

But first….

This week Carrie has a slightly smaller fish to fry — a case of her work and romantic worlds colliding, George Costanza-style — when her bad boy beau Jackson Hurst is revealed to have ties to a murder suspect.

“How do a cop and a mobster fall in love?” Montgomery says of the central conundrum. Previewing the unlikely lovers’ latest test, she tells TVLine, “There’s a case that suddenly he gets involved in, and it compromises me as a cop. But he’s my boyfriend, so we have to decide if he’s a bad guy or a good guy.” Which will it be? “The fallout is pretty hardcore,” the redheaded head-turner teases.

CBS Renews 18 Total Shows, Fate of Two CSIs Left Up In the Air

Speaking of the men in Carrie’s orbit, last week the CBS procedural introduced viewers to Walter Morgan, an enigmatic individual who seems to have Detective Wells’ number — for better or for worse.

“We love Walter Morgan!” Montgomery raves of the addition (played by James Urbaniak). “He’s a kooky, scary, eerily calm character who’s got a strange fascination with Carrie.” Previewing the puppet master’s next move, she says, “He comes back and there’s a great action-packed episode with the two of them which I hope people love, because I really loved it.”

CBS Finale Dates and Scoops (Funerals! Weddings! Space Missions! Lovers!)

But what Montgomery would most love is to know who killed Carrie’s sister all those years ago, when they were just kids — aka the one mystery that the crafty cop’s super-memory thus far has yet to enable her to crack.

As teased a week ago, Walter Morgan seems to know something about that long-ago murder. And what he winds up disclosing will set in motion events that feed into and fuel the season finale.

“Al (played by Dylan Walsh) and I have a road trip to Syracuse, where the murder happened, and I think we are going to get some resolution in the murder of Carrie’s sister,” Montgomery says. “I don’t know how satisfying it will be, because we haven’t shot it yet, but from the looks of where it’s going, it’s going to be pretty cool.”

1. Ari says:

I’m really glad that they’ve toned her hair down a bit. It was SO ORANGE in the first few episodes of Unforgettable.

• Carrie says:

I know it is tough to get just the right shade of red, but wow – they must have had her redying her hair every week!!

2. Renee says:

I liked the Walter Morgan character, but IMO Kevin Rankin is the best part of this show. And adding Jane Curtin improved it immensely.

3. Linderella says:

I wish CBS would renew this show. It’s held up pretty well with stiff competition on Tuesdays at 10 PM (Parenthood and Body of Proof). At least they gave it time to find its sea legs, unlike NBC that cancels before the ink is dry on November sweeps results.

4. Choks says:

Body of Proff and Parenthood aren’t stiff competition.

5. Lori says:

Agree that since Jane Curtin’s arrival it’s a much improved show. And as long as they don’t re-visit that Al/Dylan Walsh relationship, I’ll keep watching.

• V A C I says:

I want them to continue the mob/cop romance. It’s worth fighting for. I agree Al and Carrie friends/clash with other mates makes for a better mix. Jane Curtain is a stabilizer and she’s fun. This is a great show. Keep Jackson !!!!

6. The WB Frog says:

I also wish they would renew this show. With Curtin and the rest of the stellar cast, I’m hooked! The show has really become “unforgettable.”

7. mia says:

I agree with everyone else, adding Jane Curtain was fantastic. I like the push to a more ensemble-based show as of late; its not all about Carrie but also the other whacky people she works with.

I really dislike the Al/Carrie lets-have-sex flashbacks. I find that relationship terribly dull and pulls the focus from the series. They have great scenes together in the present, but less about them the better.

I also rather like the mobster boyfriend. Neat plot line for a cop show.

• I would like to see Carrie witha different partner. These guys seem to have no chemistry. I would like to see her paired with someone closer to her own age. Her present romantic entanglement-again no chemistry.
      This show has such a great premise. I want to see a more positive authority figure over all of these detectives. I want this show to last.

• V A C I says:

I can’t see the relevance of the sex flashbacks but I think that their former relationship is important with an emphasis on former. The cop/mob relationship has the most merit. I just hope that the character is as clean as he professes.

8. Grace says:

CBS are waiting to see what their new drama pilots turn out like. They’ve got some good stuff and the lead actresses don’t need to flash their assets to compensate for their acting skills.

9. Bob Jones says:

The Problem with Tuesdays @ 10 PM schedule is that every network has a watchable show at that time – Unforgettable (CBS), Body of Proof (ABC), Parenthood (NBC), Southland (TNT), White Collar (USA), Justified (FX), Through The Wormhole (SCI), The Game (BET), Arctic Air (CTV), Caprica (SyFy).

Another packed time is Sundays @ 9 PM (the whole night is packed) – HBO alone has Boardwalk Empire (F), Luck (W), Game of Thrones (Sp), True Blood (Su). I know networks compete for eyeballs, but it is rough (in a good way).