TVLine Items: Eva Longoria Joins Marc Cherry Pilot, Showtime Offers Early Premieres and More
The Desperate Housewives star will be a major player behind the scenes on her longtime boss’ new project, hopping aboard as an executive producer.
Based loosely on the Mexican telenovela The Disorderly Maids Of The Neighborhood, Cherry’s series centers on four Beverly Hills-based housekeepers (played by Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes) with big dreams of their own.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Showtime is doling out the return episodes of The Borgias, Nurse Jackie and The Big C ahead of their respective April 8 premieres. Head to the pay cabler’s official site or YouTube page to view the early debuts.
• British actress Laura Haddock (Upstairs Downstairs, Strike Back) has been cast as the female lead in Starz’s new drama Da Vinci’s Demons, which is described as a historical fantasy about a young Leonardo da Vinci (played by Tom Riley). Haddock will play Lucrezia Donati, da Vinci’s lover and Lorenzo Medici’s mistress.
• David Spade will reunite with former Just Shoot Me star Wendie Malick in a May episode of Hot In Cleveland, EW.com reports. The Rules of Engagement star will play a hairstylist.
• Tennis pro Serena Williams will guest-star in the upcoming fourth season of Drop Dead Diva as a family lawyer representing Brandy Norwood’s Elisa in a bitter custody battle, per EW.com.
• Ready for some Doctor Who goodness? Take a peek below at the all-new Season 7 promo.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?