Ratings: Good Wife Steady, Harry's Law Drops, GCB Rises

Get More: News, Ratings

CBS’ The Good Wife , with a final tally of 9.8 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating,this Sunday inched up in total audience, while the yet-to-be-renewed CSI: Miami (9.3 mil/2.1) gained 17 percent in the demo. (This story was updated on Tuesday morning.)

ABC’s GCB (6.5 mil/2.2) was up 10 percent in the demo, winning the 10 o’clock slot for a third straight week.

Meanwhile, seriously on the down side was Harry’s Law, which with 8 mil and a 0.8 rating plunged 20 percent in the demo.

Mad Men Season 5 Premiere Sets Ratings Record

Elsewhere:

* Once Upon a Time held steady in total audience (with 8.7 mil) but dipped a tenth in the demo to a new low of 2.8. That said, it still led all of Sunday programming in the 18-49 crowd.

* The Amazing Race (9.4 mil/2.6) was down a tenth in the demo, per final numbers.

* Desperate Housewives was flat at 8.7 mil/2.6.

* Each leading out of repeats, Bob’s Burgers (4 mil/2.0) and American Dad (4.3 mil/2.0) dipped some.

What were you watching this Sunday evening? “Zou Bisou Bisou”?

Comments (26)

• Harry’s Law has to be the oldest skewing show in history on the Big 4.

Comment by Mike – March 26, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its better than Good Wife

Comment by SHIB – March 26, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope that was a joke because I’ve seen both shows and the good wife is clearly the winner.

Comment by Diva – March 26, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for GCB! I think it’s the riskiest comedy I’ve ever seen on ABC. Even Desperate Housewives in it’s first season didn’t pack as many wince worthy hilarious comments in their episodes. Every time Kristen Chenowith is on I expect lightning to strike my TV and yet she is so freaking funny I can’t help watching. Definitely a guilty pleasure even though I’m not sure exactly why I feel guilty.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – March 26, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. You said it better than I could.

Comment by Hols – March 26, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Each week brings new hilarity while also being very sweet. And Kristen Chenowith is in her element.

Comment by Tia – March 26, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY, Good Wife :’D
    Adored last night’s ep–Alicia was so protective of Kalinda! And I love how it always seems like Kalinda’s exes think there’s something going on with her and Alicia. Muah-ha-ha…

Comment by Saint Alicia – March 26, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man that’s rough for Harrys Law. One of the strongest scripted shows in overall viewers but has a hard time wrangling in the coveted demo. Hope that the overall can get it a third season…

Comment by jasie – March 26, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i like harrys law too and hope it does better,it better than good wife!!

Comment by linda – March 26, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On Tvbythenumbers The Good Wife gets in combination with Amazing Race a 1,9 demo, with CSI Miami a 2,0 and Amazing Race together with 60minutes a 2,6. Strange, do you get other numbers?

Comment by linda – March 26, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mine are the “tentative and subject to change” numbers reported by CBS, from half hour to half hour and acknowledging some overlap. The Nielsen report for last night is slice-and-diceable seven ways to Sunday.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 26, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The CBS press release says this…
      From 9:30-10:30 PM, THE GOOD WIFE was first in households (6.3/10), viewers (9.48m), second in adults 25-54 (2.6/06) and averaged 1.8/05 in adults 18-49. Note: This includes 11 minutes of CSI: MIAMI and does not include the first 11 minutes of THE GOOD WIFE.

Comment by ben – March 26, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope ABC renews GCB for a Season Two, even if it means PAN AM is 100% canceled and I hope that in two weeks, it could be the end for CSI: Miami.

Comment by bad kevin – March 26, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Numbers for Harry’s Law are interesting. It consistently draws viewers,but,not in the coveted 18-49 demographic. It’s a shame.If the demo doesn’t go up soon-it may not get renewed. IMHO: I enjoy watching it & it’s always entertaining. Funniest moment last night: Harry’s reaction to stumbling onto The Bachelor-I’m sure many people have had the same reaction.

Comment by jennifer – March 26, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why no more recaps of Good Wife? I have to keep going to the other site for TGW, CA and TAR recaps?

Comment by Forwarddad – March 26, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love, Harrys Law, I think they need to give it a spot and leave it there for awhile. I know many people who love the show but state they did not know when it was on. I hope NBC is smart enough to keep it around.

Comment by Barb Freeman – March 26, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not about smart – I just hope they will make enough on it from advertisers given the demo. It completely sucks that shows of 4 million viewers would stay around over one that draws 8, because of the demo number. Harry’s should be renewed, but I fear it won’t be.

Comment by ben – March 26, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic Episode of the Good Wife last night. Dialogue between Matthew Perry and Julianna was Great.

Comment by kikay – March 26, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have not watched Harry’s Law this year and I really haven’t missed it. The first season was great, second season, bombed. Dropped half the original cast, changed locations and still expect the show to do well? It was a great first season, but NBC wasn’t happy with it and decided to fix it.

As for GCB, I’m hoping that it does well enough for a second season. Happy the ratings are finally improving, even if it’s a little bit. :)

Comment by robinepowell – March 26, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Sighs* Something tells me Good Christian Bitches Isn’t going away anytime soon. I want Kristin Chenoweth on something I’d actually want to watch

Comment by Carmichael – March 26, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t even explain how annoyed I am that CSI: Miami has not been renewed yet! Yesterday’s episode rocked my world it also helps that Awesome from Chuck is on it now too lol

Comment by Gisele Glen – March 26, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Happy about GCB!

Comment by GCB – March 26, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since I am almost ready to age out of the desired demo range, I realize that U.S. advertisers are not interested in me as a customer. Therefore, I shall use the internet more and more to buy what I need outside of the United States. I’m certain my business won’t be missed.

Out of the shows listed here, I regulary watch The Amazing Race, which is one of 4 reality shows I watch, GCB, which I find funny, delightful, escapist entertainment, and Once Upon a Time, good solid storytelling. The Good Wife is too soap opera for me. The writing for Desperate Housewives has been dull and dreadful for years. I wanted to love Harry’s Law because I so admire Kathy Bates’ talent, but it just declined for me after season 1, and I never did get into Mad Men..

Comment by Sable – March 26, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not that the companies aren’t interested in you as a customer, it’s just that they know:
      1. their commercials aren’t likely to sway your opinions, and
      2. their big buck campaigns are often for products that you aren’t likely to care much about.

Comment by CJ – March 26, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The amazing race is …well..amazing and it gets the royal screw every week due to some sort of sports event. Why can’t CBS account for that time in some way so that we don’t have to set DVR’s for practically the whole night just to catch it? I have to check to see if the sporting event is over or if 60 mins is on time….ridiculous.

Comment by jp – March 27, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post