Ratings: Good Wife Steady, Harry's Law Drops, GCB Rises

CBS’ The Good Wife , with a final tally of 9.8 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating,this Sunday inched up in total audience, while the yet-to-be-renewed CSI: Miami (9.3 mil/2.1) gained 17 percent in the demo. (This story was updated on Tuesday morning.)

ABC’s GCB (6.5 mil/2.2) was up 10 percent in the demo, winning the 10 o’clock slot for a third straight week.

Meanwhile, seriously on the down side was Harry’s Law, which with 8 mil and a 0.8 rating plunged 20 percent in the demo.

Mad Men Season 5 Premiere Sets Ratings Record

Elsewhere:

* Once Upon a Time held steady in total audience (with 8.7 mil) but dipped a tenth in the demo to a new low of 2.8. That said, it still led all of Sunday programming in the 18-49 crowd.

* The Amazing Race (9.4 mil/2.6) was down a tenth in the demo, per final numbers.

* Desperate Housewives was flat at 8.7 mil/2.6.

* Each leading out of repeats, Bob’s Burgers (4 mil/2.0) and American Dad (4.3 mil/2.0) dipped some.

What were you watching this Sunday evening? “Zou Bisou Bisou”?

1. Mike says:

Harry’s Law has to be the oldest skewing show in history on the Big 4.

2. Yay for GCB! I think it’s the riskiest comedy I’ve ever seen on ABC. Even Desperate Housewives in it’s first season didn’t pack as many wince worthy hilarious comments in their episodes. Every time Kristen Chenowith is on I expect lightning to strike my TV and yet she is so freaking funny I can’t help watching. Definitely a guilty pleasure even though I’m not sure exactly why I feel guilty.

3. Saint Alicia says:

YAY, Good Wife :’D
    Adored last night’s ep–Alicia was so protective of Kalinda! And I love how it always seems like Kalinda’s exes think there’s something going on with her and Alicia. Muah-ha-ha…

4. jasie says:

Man that’s rough for Harrys Law. One of the strongest scripted shows in overall viewers but has a hard time wrangling in the coveted demo. Hope that the overall can get it a third season…

5. linda says:

On Tvbythenumbers The Good Wife gets in combination with Amazing Race a 1,9 demo, with CSI Miami a 2,0 and Amazing Race together with 60minutes a 2,6. Strange, do you get other numbers?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Mine are the “tentative and subject to change” numbers reported by CBS, from half hour to half hour and acknowledging some overlap. The Nielsen report for last night is slice-and-diceable seven ways to Sunday.

• ben says:

The CBS press release says this…
      From 9:30-10:30 PM, THE GOOD WIFE was first in households (6.3/10), viewers (9.48m), second in adults 25-54 (2.6/06) and averaged 1.8/05 in adults 18-49. Note: This includes 11 minutes of CSI: MIAMI and does not include the first 11 minutes of THE GOOD WIFE.

6. bad kevin says:

Hope ABC renews GCB for a Season Two, even if it means PAN AM is 100% canceled and I hope that in two weeks, it could be the end for CSI: Miami.

7. jennifer says:

Numbers for Harry’s Law are interesting. It consistently draws viewers,but,not in the coveted 18-49 demographic. It’s a shame.If the demo doesn’t go up soon-it may not get renewed. IMHO: I enjoy watching it & it’s always entertaining. Funniest moment last night: Harry’s reaction to stumbling onto The Bachelor-I’m sure many people have had the same reaction.

8. Forwarddad says:

Why no more recaps of Good Wife? I have to keep going to the other site for TGW, CA and TAR recaps?

9. Barb Freeman says:

Love, love, love, Harrys Law, I think they need to give it a spot and leave it there for awhile. I know many people who love the show but state they did not know when it was on. I hope NBC is smart enough to keep it around.

• ben says:

It’s not about smart – I just hope they will make enough on it from advertisers given the demo. It completely sucks that shows of 4 million viewers would stay around over one that draws 8, because of the demo number. Harry’s should be renewed, but I fear it won’t be.

10. kikay says:

Fantastic Episode of the Good Wife last night. Dialogue between Matthew Perry and Julianna was Great.

11. robinepowell says:

I have not watched Harry’s Law this year and I really haven’t missed it. The first season was great, second season, bombed. Dropped half the original cast, changed locations and still expect the show to do well? It was a great first season, but NBC wasn’t happy with it and decided to fix it.

As for GCB, I’m hoping that it does well enough for a second season. Happy the ratings are finally improving, even if it’s a little bit. :)

12. Carmichael says:

*Sighs* Something tells me Good Christian Bitches Isn’t going away anytime soon. I want Kristin Chenoweth on something I’d actually want to watch

13. Gisele Glen says:

I can’t even explain how annoyed I am that CSI: Miami has not been renewed yet! Yesterday’s episode rocked my world it also helps that Awesome from Chuck is on it now too lol

14. GCB says:

Yay! Happy about GCB!

15. Sable says:

Since I am almost ready to age out of the desired demo range, I realize that U.S. advertisers are not interested in me as a customer. Therefore, I shall use the internet more and more to buy what I need outside of the United States. I’m certain my business won’t be missed.

Out of the shows listed here, I regulary watch The Amazing Race, which is one of 4 reality shows I watch, GCB, which I find funny, delightful, escapist entertainment, and Once Upon a Time, good solid storytelling. The Good Wife is too soap opera for me. The writing for Desperate Housewives has been dull and dreadful for years. I wanted to love Harry’s Law because I so admire Kathy Bates’ talent, but it just declined for me after season 1, and I never did get into Mad Men..

• CJ says:

It’s not that the companies aren’t interested in you as a customer, it’s just that they know:
      1. their commercials aren’t likely to sway your opinions, and
      2. their big buck campaigns are often for products that you aren’t likely to care much about.

16. jp says:

The amazing race is …well..amazing and it gets the royal screw every week due to some sort of sports event. Why can’t CBS account for that time in some way so that we don’t have to set DVR’s for practically the whole night just to catch it? I have to check to see if the sporting event is over or if 60 mins is on time….ridiculous.