Glee Exclusive First Look: White Collar's Matt Bomer Debuts as Blaine's Brother!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

Move over Sam and Dean, there’s a new genetically-blessed brother act invading primetime — for one week, anyway.

On April 10, Glee welcomes White Collar hunkmuffin Matt Bomer as the cheekily-monikered Cooper Anderson, the older brother of Darren Criss’ Blaine, and TVLine has an exclusive first look at the siblings in mid-reunion.

Glee: Scoop on an “Exciting” Season 4

As we first reported, the Brothers Anderson are set to perform a mash-up of classics from ’80s supergroup Duran Duran in the episode, which is appropriately titled “Big Brother.”

Sneak a peek at the photo below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Based on this pic alone, are Cooper/Blaine > Sam/Dean?

Comments (313)

• Sam and Dean have nothing to worry about. Their title as sexiest brothers is safe. While Matt and Darren might be talented Matt is the brother that got all the looks in that TV family.

Comment by G – March 26, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet we end up learning more about Cooper than we do about Blaine by the end of the episode.

Comment by JJ – March 26, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right. All Blaine will get to do is sing. I like his singing, but come on!

Comment by Disco – March 26, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why the hell are we comparing actors in two totally unrelated shows???

Comment by Kam – March 26, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All this hype on Blaine has turned me OFF on Glee. Sorry Blaine fangirls but it’s just too much. I can’t stand him getting solos every episode. I can’t stand his bland characterization. I can’t stand Darren’s mediocre acting. And I definitely can’t stand seeing the characters I care about being sidelined just for him.

Comment by Sushi – March 26, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bye bye then. We won’t miss you.

Comment by James – March 26, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Au revoir. If you don’t love every character; don’t be a Gleek.

Comment by Erin – March 26, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cya.

Comment by holla – March 26, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How insightful guys. Not everyone has to love Blaine. You Blaine fans are such three year olds.

Comment by Kara – March 26, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well I could write you an entire 3 page essay as some people are wont to do, but I doubt it would make a dent. It’s better to be succinct and mildly demeaning. Very much like the OP there.

Comment by holla – March 26, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although Matt is hott!! He doesn’t pass Dean on the sexy meter, close but no. so I vote DEAN/SAMMY FTW!!

Comment by Alexz – March 26, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they spend more time on the fallout from My baby Quinn’s accident then Blaine and his brother this should be a quinn Episode not Blaine

Comment by Josh – March 26, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of these haters get on my nerves. Instead of gripping watch other programs. Just shut up.This show is the best thing that has happened to tv in the last 30 years. The musical numbers alone are fantastic. Every one of these people have so much talent ,It is amazingto me,how they got them together on one show. I swear I sit here with a smile on my face throughout the entire show. I am a 70 year old disable woman, Ijust lost my husband of 50 years. This show is one of the few things that brings joy into my life, I am so very grateful to all of you. Please know there are people out here that love your show and you bring true joy to our otherwise empty lives.THANK YOU SO MUCH..

Comment by mary bast – March 26, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ms. Mary, I hope for both our sakes that Matt and Darren get funny and touching dialogue in addition to their musical number. The cast works really hard and, for the most part, they create something entertaining and enchanting. Don’t let the haters get you down. :)

Comment by Disco – March 26, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I stay over at the Anderson house? *_*

Comment by heytherekiller – March 26, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do love Sam & Dean but the Anderson brothers are WAY HOTTER!!!!!!

Comment by Maria – March 26, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sam and Dean, but Matt Bomer! Come on guys, it’s Matt Bomer!
    Does anything else even matter?

Comment by Wisha – March 26, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WELL…I love Blaine and I think Darren is a fantastic actor.

I hope there’s lots of height jokes.

Comment by Leah – March 26, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm, well looks wise none of the 3 can touch Matt. Acting wise Matt is even farther above the other 3 – no contest there, so I guess Matt carries the Coopers across the finish line!

Comment by Chelsea – March 26, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer>all other men.

Comment by Julia – March 26, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love Sam & Dean, Love Matt & Darren. Who says it has to be a contest? & why so mean??? It’s a tv show!

Comment by Mary – March 26, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no way! jared and jensen have so much in common so it makes them better!! glee<supernatural!! SUPERNATURAL <3

Comment by Darren – March 26, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God was really showing off the day he created Matty B!

Comment by twirl – March 26, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about a threesome of Dean, Sam, and Cooper? >.> lol.
    Matt Bomer is looking hot hot hot as always. Cant wait.

Comment by Ali – March 26, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally just died. I don’t know what you guys are all arguing about!? I AM SO DAMN HAPPY RIGHT NOW. :D

Comment by Erin – March 26, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer is too hot to be Darren’s brother.

Comment by PIC – March 26, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually prefer Darren out of all four. He has the best eyes.

Comment by um – March 26, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His eyes are mesmerizing.

Comment by Disco – March 26, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam and Dean Winchester are the BEST!!!!!!
    NOTHING CAN REPLACE THEM!
    (and this is only MY opinion so like it or dislike it if you will…
    i will not change what i think)

Comment by kaitlynn – March 26, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s be honest here, Blaine alone beats them any day. And Matt Bomer is SO FREAKING HOT! :O SO IS DARREN! <3 YA DARREN! BTW I believe Blaine has worn that shirt before. Just thought I'd mention it.

Comment by Em – March 26, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg you can’t comapare Sam and Dean with them, I mean, we don’t even know how the anderson brothers relationship is, I mean, C’MON!!!
    Buuuut, we can’t deny that they are tied in hotness.

Comment by Nath – March 26, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry all. Damon and Stefan hottest brothers on TV. Hands down.

Comment by vampire girl – March 26, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, Ian look like a women….

Comment by Cal – March 26, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect actor to cast, similar personality, awesome actor.

Comment by Juli Barrett – March 26, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darren Criss is one of the main reasons I watch Glee and buy the music CD’s…!! Bring on Matt Bomer…

Comment by Andrea – March 26, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow guys, just wow. It’s such an honor to be compared to the brothers from Supernatural! That’s one of mine and Cooper’s favorite shows.

To the people that are hating on Quinn, that’s not very nice, she has been through so much in her life, and sure she probably could have handled things differently but we all feel that way when we look at our lives retrospectively.

To the people saying they don’t like me/think I should get hit by a bus, that’s fine you’re entitled to your views, but I have had enough injuries in my life and I don’t really want to add to the list.

Additionally I don’t really want to die. I’d miss Kurt too much.

Comment by Blaine Anderson – March 26, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi. Wanna go penguin sledging with me?

Comment by holla – March 26, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh, I don’t know what that means, but penguins are pretty cute so sure?

Comment by Blaine Anderson – March 26, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • *______*

Comment by holla thinks you need to sit down and watch Avatar TLAB with him. – March 26, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh! Avatar! Wow, I haven’t watched that show in so long because Cooper’s been dominating the use of our television by watching repeats of Friends.

That and most of my free time is taken up with Kurt.

Not that I’m complaining.

Comment by Blaine Anderson – March 26, 2012 06:40 PM PDT
          • omg stawp being adorable.

Comment by holla – March 26, 2012 06:49 PM PDT
  • Side-eyeing all the “Blaine is my favorite, can’t wait for him to get some development!” comments. It’s true, he’s desperately lacked development and storylines, so what’s there to like? That’s precisely why non-stans are disinterested in a Blaine-centric episode this close to graduation. Stories should be focused on the seniors, and deal with fixing Blaine’s lack of characterization next season, if Glee can manage to stop hemorrhaging viewers with this nonsense.

Comment by PJ W – March 26, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and when all the seniors have had they stories and gone off the show, why would people keep watching a show with characters they know next to nothing about?

Comment by Sarah – March 26, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What did anyone know about the characters when it started and became insanely popular? When the writing is good, the ratings follow. And if Blaine fans were as vast as they are vocal, considering the amount of songs and facetime he gets, ratings should be a hell of a lot better. Is it so hard to believe that’s putting many other viewers off?

Comment by PJ W – March 26, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Glee’s ratings are excellent and have been holding steady for a long time now. Plenty of shows would kill to have their ratings. Next bs argument. Oh yes, Blaine is putting many viewers off. Do give us some evidence for that. Oh you can’t? Because a few vocal online haters do not a general audience impression make. Right. Go back to ONTD Glee. Those kinds of arguments are gobbled up there.

Comment by James – March 27, 2012 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Glee has lost about 23% of overall viewers this season. Nearly a fourth of its audience. Certainly, the ratings are still good enough, but let’s not pretend that didn’t happen. I watch, read and hear from many different perspectives, obviously they differ with yours. You continue to enjoy your fave. I’ll continue to wish for better. Have a wonderful day.

Comment by PJ W – March 27, 2012 06:01 AM PDT
    • The seniors are staying.

And the ones who aren’t staying like Puck and Quinn have already had multiple storylines this season.

Comment by holla – March 26, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • However the returning graduates character’s Season 4 storylines will happen, realistically they will no longer be in high school glee, which is the basis for the show. The end of this season is the end of the original incarnation of The New Directions, so yes, the focus should be on the senior stories.

Comment by PJ W – March 26, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We’re not 100% on what the basis of the show will be in season 4 at all. I can’t look at it realistically, since they’re saying it’ll be something new. For all we know the show’s whole format could be subverted.

Comment by holla – March 26, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …i’m confused as to how they could ever compare or be better than sam/dean. who have an entire show dedicated to them and who we’ve followed years of their lives. while blaine/cooper are getting one episode together. i mean. seriously.

Comment by kat – March 26, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If people on here hate blaine so much..why are you reading this and making such nasty comments? I dont like quinn so i dont read pieces about her or actors who are going to play her family. why ruin this for people who do like Blaine and want to read up about whats happening with the character?

Comment by Sarah – March 26, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those ONT people hate on Darren because of his succes, They can’t stand their faves are not as well as him, so i see it as a batch of honor. Let them fry in their hate, nothing they say will change the fact that Darren is doping very well!

Comment by Charcus – March 27, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • a) It had an article on imdb as well
      b) I came here to read about Matt Bomer. Couldn’t are less about Glee
      c) Comparing them to Supernatural is either blind Fandom or just never seen Supernatural or just wating to pit those those fandoms against each other.

Comment by Andi – March 27, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bomer is almost as hot as Sam and Dean but Criss isn’t so Sam and Dean still OWN.

Comment by Ella – March 27, 2012 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hot brothers

Comment by J – March 27, 2012 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Darren and love Matt. Can’t wait until April 10th.

Comment by Nora – March 27, 2012 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cooper Anderson… wow, there’s a guy on CNN with really blue eyes named Anderson Cooper.

Can we finally learn the idenity of the 8-year olds who write this show already?

Comment by Not The Lowest Common Denominator – March 27, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay first as much as I really adore the wonderful Matt Bomer and will certainly break my vow to never watch Glee (because frankly I never found anything to like about this teenshow)

In what way should a single appearance of Matt on Glee where he plays the brother of one of the mainactors rise above the bond that 7 Season of Supernatural.

Why should a single episode of Gleesinging top both of them going to hell and back for each other. Dean pratically raising Sam and so much more.

Sorry but Dean-Sam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>almost all brothery couples on TV.

Comment by Andi – March 27, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? Heck i love Darren, but your comparing them to the Winchesters? Thats just stupid…

Comment by Kate Coopz (@KateCoopz) – March 27, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Comparing anyone to Matt automatically puts the other person at a disadvantage related to looks, class and talent. Other guys are cute though.

Comment by Tabitha – March 27, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely approve of Bomer in anything, but to say are they handsomer/greater/better than Sam and Dean? Nope. Now, put Bomer on Supernatural WITH Jared and Jensen… oh my, now that WOULD be something to talk about.

Comment by Rowan – March 27, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ This. I would literally die of happiness.

Comment by Ali – March 27, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MMMMMMMMM Bomer. But they look nothing like brothers. Maybe step-brothers, but mmmmmmmm Bomer. He’s a dreamboat.

Comment by Gregr – March 27, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Bryce Larkin :D

Comment by NerdHQ – March 27, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’M SO EXCITED I FEEL LIKE CRYING.

Comment by Erin – March 27, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess we can expect a really hot episode.

Comment by Odair – March 27, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I respect and admire both Chris and Matt, I don’t think I’ll enjoy their performance as brothers as much as I do Jared and Jensen’s.
    I think it might have to do with all that’s been emotionally invested in the seven seasons and watching all that Sam and Dean have gone through.
    Sam and Dean FTW!

Comment by BT – March 27, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine is the hottest character on glee hands down! Mott Bomer he cute I guess he seems kind of boring if u ask me but ifs he is on glee I’m sure he is talented. I don’t understand why ppl like Quinn shes boring and a terrible person who thinks terrible things. The writing on glee is sooo unique, creative, themed, and well thought out! I’m shocked so many ppl don’t embrace it. I guess I just think more for the future than most simple minded ppl. Anywho to each his or her own opinions I suppose. But as a screenwriter myself I can say that glee is an amazing, ground breaking show, and I pity those who disagree. I heart Blaine :)

Comment by Blaine is beautiful – March 29, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL – “Mott Bomer he cute I guess he seems kind of boring if u ask me but ifs he is on glee I’m sure he is talented”. Uh, Matt is a bigger star and more talented than anyone on Glee hence his lead in his own hit show and making big time movies now and why he is a guest star on Glee. Obviously hotter than anyone on Glee too. You Blaine/Darren peeps are so funny, you think he is a big star, LOL. And however a big star he migtht become, he will always be a short big star. LOL.

Comment by truth bomb – April 2, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And sry Sam and dean are hot and all but they are TERRIBLE actors and lack emptional depth.

Comment by Blaine is beautiful – March 29, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No NO you did NOT compare Dean and Sam to Bland Anderson and his brother you just can’t seriously have done that
    I want to shoot myself now, thanks

Comment by Sam – April 11, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post