Pilot News: CSI: Miami's Eva La Rue Joins Mandy Moore's ABC Comedy

CSI: Miami will be down one investigator if renewed for an eleventh season, as Eva La Rue — who currently stars in CBS’ on-the-bubble cop drama — has been cast in ABC’s Untitled Mandy Moore Project.

The half-hour comedy centers on newlyweds Annie (Moore) and Ben (Traffic Light’s Nelson Franklin), who open a restaurant in Annie’s hometown, bringing her closer to her needy and high maintenance family. La Rue will play Annie’s older sister.

The actress joins the previously cast Stockard Channing (The West Wing), Kurt Fuller (Better With You), Erinn Hayes (Worst Week) and Majandra Delfino (Roswell).

Though pilot roles are typically in second position to an actors’ current gig, this casting is in first position, which means that La Rue would definitely be bidding farewell CSI: Miami should CBS order another season.

The Hollywood Reporter first reported the news.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Lambsilencer says:

Well, her doing the pilot in first position does not bode well for her character on “CSI: Miami”. Even if the pilot doesn’t get picked up, it might be the end of her run on the veteran CBS drama, one way or the other…

2. King says:

I like her on Miami. But I think this increases the chance of Miami getting a renewal since the lesser number of actors in a show, the lesser the cost of production would be. I’ll definitely watch La Rue’s new show if ABC picks it up.

3. I’ve always liked La Rue on CSI but since Taylor Cole joined the show as Samantha Owens, she’s became my fave. It’ll be nice to see Eva on another show and hopefully, that will mean Taylor is upgraded to series regular!

4. Mika says:

I love Eva ever since she was Maria on AMC, but seriously, in what world would she be Mandy Moore’s older sister.

5. Michael Sacal says:

what was the point of rescuing her from the car trunk at the start of the current season if she was going to leave at the end? they might as well have killed her off.

6. Robin says:

Majanda Delfino is also in this? I must have missed that. Wasn’t she doing that State of Georgia on ABC family with Raven Simone…but perhaps it was not renewed?
    This pilot is sound more and more interesting. Sounds like a great cast. But I hope this doesn’t mean CSI:Miami is not coming back…I know we have no official word yet but I love CSI:Miami and CSI:NY!

• kateshomesick says:

State of Georgia got cancelled. I’m so excited everytime one of the Roswell guys or girls gets in on a new show….Majandra is really talented and she deserves every shot she can get….

7. Jennifer says:

If it means less of her on Miami then I’m all for it, I may even start watching it again if it is renewed. Hoping she takes those God awful white pants with her.

8. Pennagirl says:

To be blunt, YAY!!!! Can’t stand her on CSI:Miami and couldn’t stand her on AMC. Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to bode well for CSI:M getting renewed.

9. gary says:

I think they will renew CSIMI. At least it still has most of its core cast, unlike CSI which has changed almost the whole original cast.

10. sonja brannen says:

WELL CSI MIAMI IS STILL ON CBS TILL THEY MAKE THEIR DECISION….

11. Encore merci. Merci 1000 fois ! Bonne journée