Survivor: One World: Did a Higher Power Intervene This Week? Take Our Poll!

Get More: Reality TV, Recaps

colton survivorIf you weren’t already convinced that Colton was one of the most reprehensible characters in the history of reality television, then the first half of this week’s Survivor: One World had to have finished the job of swaying you, right?

Coming off a Tribal Council where he and Alicia booted Monica, and blindsided Christina in the process, Colton just had to rub jalapeño in the wound: “You’d be lucky to make an alliance with a hermit crab,” he hissed, before calling his rival a “cockroach,” laughing in her face, and giddily encouraging Alicia to threaten bodily harm to Christina when the latter woman tried to force her way onto the Manono “mattress.” Later, he screeched at Christina for not running fast enough during the reward challenge — despite his own lackluster performance in the contest — and then dropped this bombshell: Telling the camera, and then later reiterating to Christina, that she could leave voluntarily, get voted out, or throw herself into the campfire and get Medevaced off the island — “whichever is more convenient for you.”

Shortly thereafter, Colton developed a brutal headache and severe stomach cramps, then collapsed in a heap in the woods. Cue Survivor medical team for the diagnosis for which we’d all been waiting/hoping: Appendicitis! “I don’t wanna leave,” cried Colton, clutching his side and writhing in pain. But nope: Getting Medevaced to hospital for surgery meant an immediate ouster from the game he’d ruled with the charm and dignity of a deer tick. Was it a higher power, smiting Colton and sparing us from having to endure his smug face on our TV screens for the next several weeks? As Jonas noted: “Colton got some karma right back at him.” Before we get to the poll, a few other notes:

* With Colton’s exit, it’s back to six men, six women, and one merged and scrambling tribe. Next week should be fantastic, especially since there are so many conflicting loyalties and alliances left in the game.

* Nasty to the end, Colton refused to give Alicia his individual immunity idol, instead taking it home as “a souvenir.” Not that she really deserved a karmic break, mind you.

* Is Kat playing dumb so folks will consider her a good bet to take to the final three, or was she being serious when she worried aloud about how to avoid injuring her own appendix?

* Just as alarming: Tarzan’s litany of crackpot medical diagnoses for Colton. I hope I never again hear anyone on Survivor uttering the phrase “Gas in the secum!”

What do you think? Did a higher power intervene by taking Colton out of the game? Or was it just dumb chance? Take our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (61)

• Sadly, he’ll be back…Survivor loves to have their villains return.

Comment by Josh – March 22, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly, Survivor loves their sociopaths even if it’s turning off the audience. It’s sad that Colton is doing for gays what Big Brother, Jersey Shore and The Bachelor does for straights.

Comment by nyguy – March 22, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They must see this guy as a special case though. People don’t love to hate him, they HATE him! He’s a horrible person filled with hate and contempt. nothing about him is enjoyable or redeeming. His returning to the show would be useless as well if the rest of the survivors have seen his season. he has no strategy or game play and would either be kept along as a token person to go against in the final 3 or booted out first.

Comment by Ron – March 22, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. This is not a Russell situation, in that as much as I hated him there were many that saw him as the greatest player (or one of) ever to play the game and saw him as tactically smart. I don’t think anyone likes Colton, and noone would argue he is tactically smart. He lucked out on having an idol, and nevertheless consistently put himself in a worse position in the game eg convincing his tribe to give up immunity, voting out the strong members of his tribe at every turn. And he didn’t even make a merge. Has there ever been an all star that didn’t make the merge on their first go around? There is nothing redeeming about Colton, in any way.

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If by higher power you mean Christina giving him a special brown glass of water than yes…

Comment by John – March 22, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always told people that God cared about the outcome of Survivor. What, you think he has more important things to do?

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Colton is a loathesome little toad. I would have much preferred for him to have been blindsided at tribal counsel with immunity in his pocket, but I guess I will settle for the pleasure of seeing him writhing on the ground in pain.

Comment by meleliot – March 22, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree there. Then we would have gotten to hear his SEETHING rage and over the top bitchiness in his farewell. The dramatics alone would have been worth suffering through him just a little longer.

I mean, surely someone would have gotten a clue and plotted against him before it was too late, right?

Oh well, I guess we will never know.

Comment by B – March 22, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m thinking you are giving those dunces on Manono too much credit in them being able to figure out how to topple the queen of mean. Hopefully Salaini would have been able to see the ridiculousness of Colton’s percieved power and laughed him off the island. But you are right, we will never know.

Comment by meleliot – March 22, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ THAT. exactly.

Comment by Larissa – March 22, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greatest thing that could have happened to Survivor. He was reprehensible and making the show unwatchable.

Comment by Brian – March 22, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree almost lost me as a viewer

Comment by Connie – March 22, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am SO glad to read that so many others feel the same way I do! He is the worst excuse for a human being to ever appear on the show. His exit was fitting, and no one cares how much pain he was in. Everyone feels he deserves it. And if they bring him back for an ‘All Star’ show, he will be gone quickly, as everyone knows what a little creepy piece of excrement he is!

Comment by Harry Friedman – March 22, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An absolutely reprehensible human being. I am sure he will attempt to spin it and say it was all game play but there is no doubt that what we saw was an accurate depiction of his true personality. And I think I may be even more disturbed at the 3 “men” (a generous description). How could you sit there and listen to those two bullies talking to Christina like that, sure, she was in a bad position in the game but seriously, that was just plain ridiculous. I wouldn’t want to win the money if I had to stand by and do nothing about that.

Comment by Dirtbag1313 – March 22, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I was racking my brain trying to figure out why Christina was singled out in such a personal way. Sure, she’s not your alliance, but she seemed like a nice enough person and worthy of being treated kindly. Alicia is quickly nipping at the heels of Colton as most disgusting. She’s gotta be next to go.

Comment by tripoli – March 22, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! Christina is a horrible person too. Hope she’s next to go!
        Would rather have seen Colton get the boot from his tribe, but the important thing is that we are rid of the vermin named Colton.

Comment by Girlie – March 22, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I meant Alicia is horrible, not Christina. My bad!!!

Comment by Girlie – March 22, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You did a Tarzan!

Comment by Breeze – March 22, 2012 10:00 PM PDT
      • Indeed, if I had a child at the school in which Alicia is a special ed teacher, I would form a grass-roots movement to have her removed from her job, showing the scene of her mercilessly and viciously bullying Christina. Isn’t anti-bullying all the rage now?

Comment by Fred Not Fred – March 30, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ALICIA needs to go home I am getting sick of this batch of survivors guess I may hacve to stop watching.

Comment by Connie – March 31, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True that. Chivalry is dead! I don’t care whether you like someone or not; you treat people badly and it will come back and bite you in the ass! Colton got a cosmic payback!

Comment by A Oshel – March 26, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have preferred to see him properly humiliated by being voted out with an Immunity Idol in his pocket. This way, he leaves convinced that he would have won, and it’ll be awfully tempting for the producers to invite him back.

Comment by susela – March 22, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • of course his behavior was disgusting but he made the show FUN to watch again. now we’ve got those two boring generic Wrigley’s spearamint gum girls with the idol that will probably make it to the finale–barf.

Comment by tim – March 22, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watching someone be down right mean, racist and just plain horrible for no real reason is not fun. Statement’s like that is why Survivor continues to stunt cast, instead of casting actual fans of the show who aren’t 20 something model types. Apparently Colton was a fan of the show, but he seemed far more interested in making some sort of name for himself with his horrible behavior, than actually playing the game in a smart and enjoyable way.

Comment by tripoli – March 22, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The last season had “fan of the show” Cochrane. This particular type of young fan wants nothing other than to have their name be remembered. It is actually annoying.

Comment by D – March 22, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God doesn’t care about the outcome of survivor. But I was glad Colton left. I hope he watches himself this season and learns just how ugly his comments were and becomes a better person.

Comment by Gerald – March 22, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I agree with you, some dumb ass will give him, his own reality shoe.

Comment by Butters – March 22, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that was unsatisfying. I wanted to see a downfall of epic proportions, but now he gets to play the “I was never voted out” card.

Comment by Mia – March 22, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God didn’t intervene. Clearly, even Colton’s own appendix was so sick of him that it decided to blow itself up just to get away from him.

Comment by Laney – March 22, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOVE IT!!!! That’s funny…

Comment by jazzyt2u – March 24, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had Colton in my office SURVIVOR POOL and even I was happy to see him go. He was driving me CRAZY to the point that I would fast forward every time he was on the screen. (Thank you PVR)

Comment by Heather – March 22, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did a happy dance… not because Colton was in pain, but because he is gone! And Kat is the dumbest blond ever on that show!

Comment by JJ – March 22, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was giddy that this pathetic excuse for a human being was gone sooner than later AND about the pain he was going through. He deserved it all. Now this season is watchable and I will actually be looking forward to it.

Comment by Johnny – March 22, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am glad he is gone he was a scum. I hated to watch survivor because of him, now I will enjoy it he got what he deserved!

Comment by Connie – March 23, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually Tarzan might be dumber.

Comment by Jimmy – March 23, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t need to ever see Colton return. EVER.

Comment by John Berggren – March 22, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do think a higher power booted Colton. The Producers. I think he was a plant from the get go sent in with a very specific character to play. When he started to overdo it, the Producers yelled cut and pulled him from the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alicia isn’t a Producer plant too since I just find it hard to believe that people exist who act like the both of them did on last night’s episode. Something stinks here and it ain’t Tarzan’s speedo…or maybe it is. If Christina somehow wins or makes it to the final, I think the events of last night were completely staged to make her the underdog we all root for to the end. Just a hunch.

Comment by Joe – March 22, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Truth is, they film survivor in the same studio where they faked the moon landings, too.

Comment by Ben – March 22, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought it looked familiar!

Comment by Joe – March 22, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a pity Colton didn’t die. He has nothing to offer this world.

Comment by Al – March 22, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone who compares Colton to Russell is forgetting that Russell was actually a good game player. Colton most reminds me of Naonka, the disturbingly hate-filled teacher who pushed over a legless woman and then quit the game. Yuck.

Comment by Marcus – March 22, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for remembering the appalling NaOnka. I think she was every bit as bad as Colton.

Comment by D – March 22, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Slezak you just don’t like Colton because he’s gay!!! Stop being homophobic!!

Comment by Jason – March 22, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was pounding my fist watching Colton. I hope to run into him one day as I’ll make his appendicitis feel like a pinch. His racist rants and pure bitchiness makes me want to puke and give up on this show.

Comment by spen – March 22, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Colton revealed why he kept the idol in an interview with another reality site:

He wanted to give the idol to Jay on the OTHER tribe, not anyone on his tribe, and Probst/producers told him no, so he kept it instead.

Comment by Evan – March 22, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is weird. Jay wasn’t even really in his alliance, except as a hanger-on.

Comment by D – March 22, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He should have wanted to give it back to the person who gave it to him… But I guess if he really is racist then I guess that was a big NO!!!!

Comment by jazzyt2u – March 24, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOOD RIDDANCE

Comment by Greg – March 22, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if god had anything to do with this, then god would have given both colton and alicia that appendix disease thingy.

Comment by Mark – March 22, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so rooting for Christina. The whole bullying by Carlton and Alicia was disgusting. I was actually wondering if she’d be smart enough to go on a walk by herself closer to tribal and then stage whisper to Jonas or Leif that she had found an idol, and would be playing it. Loud enough for Colton and Alicia to hear. That would buy her one more night.

Or why not try to sway those two to blindside Carlton and deal with Alicia after that? She would have the numbers.

Its going to be interesting now that they’ve all merged. Alicia should be very scared. Sabrina, CHelsea, Kat, and …the fourth ( I forgot her name) in that alliance clearly don’t need her.

Comment by angelcake – March 22, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God doesn’t care about Colton in the game of Survivor.
    The Good Lord simply shat out this nasty POS and it became Colton.
    This over-dramatic piece of excrement gives gays and the Human Race in general a bad name.
    Flush him and his little monkey grinder Alicia too.
    CBS… If you bring this tacky evil little man back you will lose viewers.
    This isn’t Jersey Shore. We want to watch SURVIVORS not asssh0les on our TV’s in our living rooms and create examples of how to survive in harsh conditions… not have our children see how to be filthy and evil

Comment by Lucy – March 23, 2012 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pssst Hey Colton….
    Karma crawled up your ass and died there!
    Enjoy

Comment by Lucy – March 23, 2012 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It makes me wonder how in the world a person like this was raised? Who are this guys parents? Every time he sat there rolling his eyes at every person that spoke I wanted to slap his stupid face. What a complete jerk. I have never hated a survivor this much. And to top it all off a lot of the other tribe members were just following him like idiots. Someone even said he was a genius. Are you kidding me??? He is a pathetic little man that deserves to be slapped. I have quite a few gay friends and not one of them would ever act this way, he gives a bad name to gay people, because other people might just believe that they all behave in the same way. Makes me sick. I really hope Colton is reading these comments and I hope that he gets some perspective and changes for the better. I doubt it… but I hope for his own sake that he makes a change.

Comment by Kristina – March 23, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kristina I agree Colton is a pathetic little man, and at this point I don’t believe anyone (even homophobes) are blaming Colton’s basic lack of decent behavior on being gay, or being republican, white, male or any other box you’d like to put someone in. He is just an awful human being and I am utterly ashamed for him. I’m sure his parents are ashamed also.

Comment by meleliot – March 23, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hated Colton, but I was also interested in seeing how he would do. Would anyone ever catch on to him?

Comment by Marcus – March 23, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch survivor each season but never bother to go on line and see other viewers comments until now. I hated Colton. I found it nearly unbearable to watch this season and almost gave up until God intervened. I was so bothered by my repulsion to Colton I had to know if it was just me. Thank you all in restoring my faith in humanity. I am glad all my thoughts have been universally affirmed. And please, Survivor producers, never bring back that disgusting loser ever again.

Comment by Paul – March 24, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All i wanted to say…you said better. Thank you! I absolutely will NOT see any Survivor season if that twit is ever brought back. Sorry to be so inflexible, but some things in life are NOT acceptable!

Comment by Patty – March 26, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I really think that Survivor will lose fans because of people like Colton and Alicia. it is disgusting! they are terrible persons and I will never watch survivor again if one of them are brough back. I hope that something gets said on the reunion, because such behaviour is unacceptable.

Comment by Elize – March 28, 2012 02:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A few thoughts:
    - Survivor let Colton and Evilicia go too far, they should not allow bullying like that. Supporting an anti bullying campaign on survivor is great exposure to all anti bullying campaigns. It would be a great commercial “survivor supports anti bullying”. For all kids who have been bullied Survivor can help stand up to people like Colton
    - I hope survivor doesn’t give Colton a second of face time on the reunion show-I’ll turn the tv off if they do
    - Alicia needs to get hers too – there is NO WAY someone like her should EVER work around people with special needs. Makes me wonder what she would do in private to someone who couldn’t communicate or say how mean she REALLY is…

My 2 cents…c’mon survivor. This went too far!

Comment by Diver joc – April 1, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad he is gone but I think that the producers should have stepped in anyway. What he was doing is bullying and has no place in entertainment or anywhere else for that matter.

Comment by Sarah – April 7, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post