Bones Taps October Road Alum Jay Paulson to Shake Up Angela's Life

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Jay Paulsen BonesAn identity crisis is about to rattle Angela on Bones, and producers have found just the guy to spark it.

October Road alum Jay Paulson has been tapped to guest star on the Fox drama as a Bansky-type artist who helps Angela reconnect with her inner free spirit.

“[He] brings up some things for her,” Angela’s portrayer, Michaela Conlin, recently told TVLine of the character, who appears in one of the four self-contained Season 7 “bonus episodes” currently being shot (but which have no air date).

Conlin was quick to assure fans that the new guy isn’t coming in to break up Angela and Hodgins. “It’s not marriage issues,” she assures us. “It’s really just identity issues more so for Angela.”

The news was first reported by TVGuide.com.

Comments (54)

• WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SHOW ?

Comment by BONNIE – March 21, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They took a break so Emily DeShenall could have her baby (in real life) They are coming back soon for several more episodes before summer break, Then they will return in the Fall with a regular schedule :-)

Comment by Kimberly Glass – March 21, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, you totally murdered her last name…

Comment by Heather E – March 22, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • actually Emily Deshanell had her baby in September 2011, its a boy named Henry and she is just using a fake belly for the show. If you look closely at the season finally of season six episode, you can see how big she is and how well they hide it. the reason why its taking so long is cuz American Idol is on and she needs to take care of her baby.

Comment by sarina – March 24, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily had a baby so they had to stop shooting for a few weeks

Comment by Um I know this one – March 21, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What BONNIE meant was what happened with the plot.
        They used to be all focused on crime, bones and sience and now they’re all married, with kids, say ‘I Love You’ and act like normal people.
        Piece of advise, I learned no matter what shows change. If you learn that you get over it.

Comment by Olivia – March 21, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He seems to be an invisible touch of Hodgins. Why not? Cheers ;-)

Comment by nisse – March 21, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • angela’s personal life has always had an unstable aspect to it and she has dropped every thing to persue it. how will she handle finding out she might be forgetting a different muse. poor hodgens

Comment by jim hull – March 21, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thannks god! not for the marriage!!!

Comment by stephanie L – March 21, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are on break until American Idol goes down to 1 episode a week. Then they come back April 2nd – a Monday. They switched nights too.

Comment by Carrie House – March 21, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • idol is never one episode a week…

Comment by michelle – March 21, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What chanel are they on 11?

Comment by Julena Stewart – March 21, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wharever your local Fox Network channel is

Comment by LadyC – March 21, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not happy about the change to Monday

Comment by Laura – March 21, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Love Love Bones. My favorite show.. Cant wait til April.

Comment by dre23222 – March 21, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too!!! I’m glad those two got together they really have a great chemistry on the show. I sooo envy Emily. David is HOT!

Comment by Deb Judge – March 21, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i love bones to, and looking so forward to seeing the new episode in Apr.

Comment by pjm1116 – March 23, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Zak Addy back, and quit with the endless stream of apprentises

Comment by Dian McClocklin Limburg – March 21, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Zak was helping serial killer…don’t think he’ll be back.

Comment by Tracie Martin – March 21, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But not really- he never killed anyone.

Comment by Kim – March 21, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Zac is a little busy being in an asylum being all serial killer apprentice-y. I like the multiple interns-brings a nice mix of real life. Most institutions like that do have a seemingly endless flow of interns. It’s how its supposed to work. They come,they learn,they leave.

Comment by hippiemama – March 21, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really liked the last one – the young one from the South – sorry, I can’t remember his name – it’s been so long since the show was on…. What’s the name of the show again? haha

Comment by Lil Luie Girl – March 21, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think you’re talking about Finn Abernathy… He was the intern where the chick was a competetive eater and the snake was in her abdomen. “The Hot Dog in the Competition”

Comment by Alikia – March 22, 2012 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the constant changing of Apprentises, it lets you have lots of different personalities throughout the show without changing the main characters, and they’re all great.

Comment by sam – March 21, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so miss watching Bones. I can’t wait until it airs again in April. I’m doubly glad that the writers aren’t messing with Angela and Hodgin’s marriage. There are enough real life and TV dysfunctional marriages. It’s refreshing to see a happy marriage on TV. But can the writers stop making Bones sound like such an idiot. She was getting more appropriate before she left for South America. Ever since she came back, she seems to have slid backwards. It gets annoying after a while. I still love her though.

Comment by misslowjack – March 21, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, recently she just seems to be bragging about herself way too much or just being downright rude. I realize it’s part of her character but sometimes it’s just too much

Comment by abratnaz – March 21, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. Sometimes she’s totally unfeeling and callous. She had become more human and softer. I miss that. She was always outside the norm in her outlook but she’s back to acting like the first episodes. :(

Comment by misslowjack – March 21, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a very big fan of bones, can’t wait until it comes bk on Im so excited abt it xx

Comment by Patricia – March 21, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want them to keep mr Nigel Murray.

Comment by Jojo – March 21, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nigel Murray isn’t coming back. He got killed off last season. My fiancee got me into watching Bones….we can’t wait till it comes back either.

Comment by Carol – March 21, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea I love bones …. what are yalls favorite episodes of all seasons

Comment by dalton young – March 21, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • had to be when Hodgins and Bones were buried alive…and then seeing Booth running to help them…priceless…great show!!

Comment by Miriam – March 21, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • mmm I like the one where booth and bones go to vegas under cover :) totally amazing!

Comment by kati – March 21, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nigel is dead, a sniper killed him by accident instead of booth.

Comment by B87 – March 21, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um I dont have any favorites …. I like them all

Comment by mola – March 21, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for reminding me how much I miss October Road and how sad I was when it was cancelled …

Comment by michelle – March 21, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show and could not wait for Bones and Booth to get together they are a perfect match as far as Angela and Hodgins are concerned leave them alone they are finally happy and have a family

Comment by Shelley – March 21, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love “Bones” it will only get better. Especially with this new copstar!!!

Comment by Paul Krokus Jr – March 21, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Bones and Booth are goin to have there baby?what show is it going to be on?

Comment by Joy walker – March 21, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bones will have the baby on april 2 when the shows comes back and i cant wait

Comment by Karen – March 21, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear Hart Hanson,
    Please bring Zack back for an arc and then kill him off so I don’t have to read any more posts asking to bring him back. I loved him too but I moved on 3 seasons ago. The differences in the interns keep things interesting.
    Thank you. :)

Comment by Angela – March 21, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, Mr. Hanson, kill off Zach, the “Bring back Zach back” campaign is thoroughly annoying. It’s destroying my love for that character. Life goes on, the show has.

Comment by 1Mars – March 21, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone read my mind. Please make the episode where they found a bones in the jail and it was Zack. Now i’m more interested to watch the episode where all the interns in one episode. It should be more episode like that,

Comment by Eli – March 21, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show – I look for all the episodes-rerun after rerun-drives my husband nuts! Can’t wait for the new season-really love all the characters-great ensemble chemistry!!
    Keep ‘em coming!!

Comment by marysmith – March 21, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched all 129 episodes, season 1-6 in about 2 wks. I love the show can’t get enough. I need to catch up though and see season 7 missed them all anyone now where i can find them?

Comment by sandy – March 21, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • idk if theyre still there, but HULU had season 7 for a while.. you could try that

Comment by lindalynn – March 21, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto..i cannot enjoy my meals without watching Bones.. waiting for new episodes..

Comment by manavi – March 23, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE BONES!! I have all the seasons on DVD and since it hasn’t been on I have been watching the DVDs. I am wearing them out!! I can’t wait for April 2nd!!

Comment by Mary – March 21, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hay mary…i like bones too but i m in india. I also love bones but i dont have dvd.s here..thats sad…but i m keeping up on bones through net..you there on facebook?

Comment by siddhi – March 22, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love BONES HOPE they put it back on Thursday if not I’ll miss it. :-( HAVE to. Work Mondays and no dvr .. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. PUT IT BACK ON THURSDAYS!!!!

Comment by Jeanette – March 22, 2012 02:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cold and callous is not bones she just looks at the world in a logical way and I think it makes her funny and unique but I guess you kinda have to have a wacky sense of humour. They changed the air date awesome now mondays will be not so bad go bones kicking off the week :)

Comment by chris – March 23, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Brennan is becoming too much of a softy, and the writers are trying to care on her toughness through bragging. This gets on my nerve. Also, I think it could be very interesting to bring Zack back for an episode, because of the relationship he had with all the main characters, combined with his unwavering rational. Booth has become too over possessive for my liking, but I can see the value. I still love BONES, don’t get me wrong, I just miss the way it used to be.

Comment by Cjay – March 29, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree & disagree. I love this show! It’s funny & sarcastic at times, smart, pragmatic & a lot logical on Brennan. But,I love the way Emily has played her characters. The only reason for her bragging any herself & b’n softer at times, is the writers way of moving the story they want to convey, about. I love that whether u watch it in the first season or 7th season, Brendan is Brennan & Booth is Booth. As they’ve been around each other, they’ve evolved together, rubbing off on each other, but she’s the same with changes b’n organic to them. I LOVE the characters continuity as they are around each other & how they change each other, like in any friendships or relationships between them. It’s like life.

Comment by Dana M Lizenby – October 16, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just got bitten by the Bones bug,I have season 1 on DVD and am hunting all over the DVD shops for season 2-7,The TV has just gone and busted so am in a fix because I`m not getting my Bones fix. Have downloaded 15 of Kathy Reichs books and am currently on the third Deadly Decisions.They`re not the same as Bones but they have a different Temperance Brennan in them.She wasn`t abandoned as a child!Is in her forties and lives in Canada and Charlotte USA.There are are other characters like Claudel and Andrew Ryan is a poor substitute for Seeley Booth.So for anyone like me who is TVless.Give the books a spin.They are worth the effort.

Comment by Shaun Lee Kong – November 19, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post