Exclusive

Bones Taps October Road Alum Jay Paulson to Shake Up Angela's Life

Jay Paulsen BonesAn identity crisis is about to rattle Angela on Bones, and producers have found just the guy to spark it.

October Road alum Jay Paulson has been tapped to guest star on the Fox drama as a Bansky-type artist who helps Angela reconnect with her inner free spirit.

“[He] brings up some things for her,” Angela’s portrayer, Michaela Conlin, recently told TVLine of the character, who appears in one of the four self-contained Season 7 “bonus episodes” currently being shot (but which have no air date).

Conlin was quick to assure fans that the new guy isn’t coming in to break up Angela and Hodgins. “It’s not marriage issues,” she assures us. “It’s really just identity issues more so for Angela.”

The news was first reported by TVGuide.com.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive

1. BONNIE says:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SHOW ?

• Kimberly Glass says:

They took a break so Emily DeShenall could have her baby (in real life) They are coming back soon for several more episodes before summer break, Then they will return in the Fall with a regular schedule :-)

• Heather E says:

Wow, you totally murdered her last name…

• sarina says:

actually Emily Deshanell had her baby in September 2011, its a boy named Henry and she is just using a fake belly for the show. If you look closely at the season finally of season six episode, you can see how big she is and how well they hide it. the reason why its taking so long is cuz American Idol is on and she needs to take care of her baby.

• Um I know this one says:

Emily had a baby so they had to stop shooting for a few weeks

• Olivia says:

What BONNIE meant was what happened with the plot.
        They used to be all focused on crime, bones and sience and now they’re all married, with kids, say ‘I Love You’ and act like normal people.
        Piece of advise, I learned no matter what shows change. If you learn that you get over it.

2. nisse says:

He seems to be an invisible touch of Hodgins. Why not? Cheers ;-)

3. jim hull says:

angela’s personal life has always had an unstable aspect to it and she has dropped every thing to persue it. how will she handle finding out she might be forgetting a different muse. poor hodgens

4. stephanie L says:

Thannks god! not for the marriage!!!

5. Carrie House says:

They are on break until American Idol goes down to 1 episode a week. Then they come back April 2nd – a Monday. They switched nights too.

6. dre23222 says:

Love Love Love Bones. My favorite show.. Cant wait til April.

7. Bring Zak Addy back, and quit with the endless stream of apprentises

• Zak was helping serial killer…don’t think he’ll be back.

• hippiemama says:

Zac is a little busy being in an asylum being all serial killer apprentice-y. I like the multiple interns-brings a nice mix of real life. Most institutions like that do have a seemingly endless flow of interns. It’s how its supposed to work. They come,they learn,they leave.

• Lil Luie Girl says:

I really liked the last one – the young one from the South – sorry, I can’t remember his name – it’s been so long since the show was on…. What’s the name of the show again? haha

• Alikia says:

I think you’re talking about Finn Abernathy… He was the intern where the chick was a competetive eater and the snake was in her abdomen. “The Hot Dog in the Competition”

• sam says:

I love the constant changing of Apprentises, it lets you have lots of different personalities throughout the show without changing the main characters, and they’re all great.

8. misslowjack says:

I so miss watching Bones. I can’t wait until it airs again in April. I’m doubly glad that the writers aren’t messing with Angela and Hodgin’s marriage. There are enough real life and TV dysfunctional marriages. It’s refreshing to see a happy marriage on TV. But can the writers stop making Bones sound like such an idiot. She was getting more appropriate before she left for South America. Ever since she came back, she seems to have slid backwards. It gets annoying after a while. I still love her though.

• abratnaz says:

I agree, recently she just seems to be bragging about herself way too much or just being downright rude. I realize it’s part of her character but sometimes it’s just too much

• misslowjack says:

I totally agree. Sometimes she’s totally unfeeling and callous. She had become more human and softer. I miss that. She was always outside the norm in her outlook but she’s back to acting like the first episodes. :(

9. Patricia says:

I am a very big fan of bones, can’t wait until it comes bk on Im so excited abt it xx

10. Jojo says:

I want them to keep mr Nigel Murray.

11. mola says:

Um I dont have any favorites …. I like them all

12. michelle says:

Thanks for reminding me how much I miss October Road and how sad I was when it was cancelled …

13. Shelley says:

I love the show and could not wait for Bones and Booth to get together they are a perfect match as far as Angela and Hodgins are concerned leave them alone they are finally happy and have a family

14. Paul Krokus Jr says:

Absolutely love “Bones” it will only get better. Especially with this new copstar!!!

15. Joy walker says:

When is Bones and Booth are goin to have there baby?what show is it going to be on?

16. Angela says:

Dear Hart Hanson,
    Please bring Zack back for an arc and then kill him off so I don’t have to read any more posts asking to bring him back. I loved him too but I moved on 3 seasons ago. The differences in the interns keep things interesting.
    Thank you. :)

• 1Mars says:

Totally agree, Mr. Hanson, kill off Zach, the “Bring back Zach back” campaign is thoroughly annoying. It’s destroying my love for that character. Life goes on, the show has.

• Eli says:

Someone read my mind. Please make the episode where they found a bones in the jail and it was Zack. Now i’m more interested to watch the episode where all the interns in one episode. It should be more episode like that,

17. marysmith says:

I love this show – I look for all the episodes-rerun after rerun-drives my husband nuts! Can’t wait for the new season-really love all the characters-great ensemble chemistry!!
    Keep ‘em coming!!

18. sandy says:

I watched all 129 episodes, season 1-6 in about 2 wks. I love the show can’t get enough. I need to catch up though and see season 7 missed them all anyone now where i can find them?

19. Mary says:

I LOVE BONES!! I have all the seasons on DVD and since it hasn’t been on I have been watching the DVDs. I am wearing them out!! I can’t wait for April 2nd!!

• siddhi says:

hay mary…i like bones too but i m in india. I also love bones but i dont have dvd.s here..thats sad…but i m keeping up on bones through net..you there on facebook?

20. Jeanette says:

Love BONES HOPE they put it back on Thursday if not I’ll miss it. :-( HAVE to. Work Mondays and no dvr .. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. PUT IT BACK ON THURSDAYS!!!!

21. chris says:

Cold and callous is not bones she just looks at the world in a logical way and I think it makes her funny and unique but I guess you kinda have to have a wacky sense of humour. They changed the air date awesome now mondays will be not so bad go bones kicking off the week :)

22. Cjay says:

I think Brennan is becoming too much of a softy, and the writers are trying to care on her toughness through bragging. This gets on my nerve. Also, I think it could be very interesting to bring Zack back for an episode, because of the relationship he had with all the main characters, combined with his unwavering rational. Booth has become too over possessive for my liking, but I can see the value. I still love BONES, don’t get me wrong, I just miss the way it used to be.

23. Dana M Lizenby says:

I agree & disagree. I love this show! It’s funny & sarcastic at times, smart, pragmatic & a lot logical on Brennan. But,I love the way Emily has played her characters. The only reason for her bragging any herself & b’n softer at times, is the writers way of moving the story they want to convey, about. I love that whether u watch it in the first season or 7th season, Brendan is Brennan & Booth is Booth. As they’ve been around each other, they’ve evolved together, rubbing off on each other, but she’s the same with changes b’n organic to them. I LOVE the characters continuity as they are around each other & how they change each other, like in any friendships or relationships between them. It’s like life.

24. Shaun Lee Kong says:

Just got bitten by the Bones bug,I have season 1 on DVD and am hunting all over the DVD shops for season 2-7,The TV has just gone and busted so am in a fix because I`m not getting my Bones fix. Have downloaded 15 of Kathy Reichs books and am currently on the third Deadly Decisions.They`re not the same as Bones but they have a different Temperance Brennan in them.She wasn`t abandoned as a child!Is in her forties and lives in Canada and Charlotte USA.There are are other characters like Claudel and Andrew Ryan is a poor substitute for Seeley Booth.So for anyone like me who is TVless.Give the books a spin.They are worth the effort.