Idol Leaderboard: Who Are Your Favorites From the Top 10? (Take Our Poll!)

idol top 10American Idol‘s Season 11 Top 10 is the perhaps the deepest, most evenly matched in the show’s history. Yet while that’s great news for the Idoloonie Nation, it’s got to be more than a little intimidating for the remaining vocalists. Indeed, with such intense competition, pretty much anybody could be one subpar performance away from winding up on the Silver Stools of Doom (TM), or even walking the plank to wherever Shannon Magrane and Jeremy Rosado disappeared.

Idology: Shannon Magrane on ‘Pageant’ Dresses, Hip-Hop Music and J.Lo’s Tough Critiques

Before the Idol Summer Tour participants tackle the Billy Joel songbook tonight, check out my pre-performance night rankings, then vote for your three favorite vocalists in our scientifically infallible poll!

10. Heejun Han (Last Week No. 10) | Has a solid, soulful voice, but in a particularly deep crop of finalists, he desperately needs to find a way to make his musical performances as interesting as his undeniably amusing sound bites.

9. Deandre Brackensick (Last Week No. 8 ) | No denying he’s got huge breakout potential — see his loose, funky Top 13 “Master Blaster” — but his other live performances this season haven’t generated much buzz.

8. Erika Van Pelt (Last Week No. 9) | Holy clarified butter, this woman’s tone is smooth. But the ’80s rock-influenced contestant keeps falling shy of a major moment: “I Believe in You and Me” was too sleepy, “Heaven” was too forced. Showed Top 5 potential on “Edge of Glory,” but running out of time to remind America she still has it. (Hurry, grrrrl, hurry!)

7. Elise Testone (Last Week No. 7) | Her “One and Only” and “Let’s Stay Together” represent as strong a body of work as nearly any Season 11 contestant, but results-night snafus (failing to applaud Erika, forgetting to hug Skylar) have hindered her progress in a competition that, like it or not, is partially based on popularity. Whatever it takes — deep meditation, boxing classes, prayer, whiskey — she needs to come across as relaxed as her languid singing.

6. Colton Dixon (Last Week No. 5) | It feels weird having a guy at No. 6 who hasn’t hit a sour note all season, and who had the cojones to defy conventional wisdom by choosing a little-known White Lion song for Songs From the Year You Were Born. Could easily vault to No. 1 on this list, but an undeniably buzz-worthy performance on a song with an undeniably memorable melody would help his cause.

5. Hollie Cavanagh (Last Week No. 6) | Steadily building buzz in the Idoloonie Nation thanks to her ability to hit home-run notes on “Reflection,” “All the Man That I Need,” and “The Power of Love.” Now, however, she needs to prove she’s more than just a Big Ballad Diva by working the stage, working a serious groove, and working out the occasional stiffness in her body language. Legit chance to inherit Scotty McCreery’s crown if she can clear those hurdles.

4. Jessica Sanchez (Last Week No. 1) | May have had the first “Idol Moment” of the season delivering a pitch-perfect “I Will Always Love You” on Top 13 night, confirming that the Vegas Week breakout is a serious threat to become the show’s first female winner since Jordin Sparks. Got lambasted by the judges for using too much vibrato on “Turn the Beat Around,” but is it possible she’s already being held to a higher standard because of her outsized talent? That said, J.Lo and Randy could douse her in pig’s blood, and she’d still be a near mortal lock for the Top 5. Just needs to ramp up the artistry and sense of spontaneity to secure a “This Is My Now” future.

3. Joshua Ledet (Last Week No. 4) | Followed up his fierce and flawless “I Wish” with an absolutely astonishing Top 11 night cover of “When a Man Loves a Woman” — the performance to beat in what’s been a stellar Idol season. Can’t go all the way without some variations on the full-throttle Gospel setting, but the good news is, with a voice like his, there’s really no genre or style Joshua shouldn’t be able to master.

2. Skylar Laine (Last Week No. 2) | Amazing semifinal cover of “Stay With Me” marked her as one of the most natural entertainers in recent Idol history, and she confirmed that with a freewheeling, bluesy Top 11 “Love Sneakin’ Up on You.” Sandwiched in the middle was a cover of Whitney’s “Where Do Broken Hearts Go” that proved she can match just about anyone in vocal firepower and storytelling ability, and perhaps just as important, she’s the sole Season 11 singer courting the country vote.

1. Phillip Phillips (Last Week No. 3) | Scorching, acoustic, auditon to “Thriller” remains his personal best, but his gritty Top 11 “Hard to Handle” (performed less than a week after surgery) was pretty darn impressive, too. He’s willing to take risks with his arrangements (see “In the Air Tonight”), has a solid idea of who he wants to be as an artist, and ain’t too hard on the eyes, either. If he can rein in his tendency to get overly shouty, he should still be standing when May rolls around.

Who are your Season 11 favorites? Vote for your Top 3 in the poll below, then explain your picks in the comments!

1. Amy says:

I think Hollie is going to win.

2. shelbybb says:

After Heejun goes home this week it is going to be a real race to the finish line!

• Kiwi says:

I wonder though… how long will the ‘entertainment value’ vote keepHeejun around? It keeps reminding me of Taylor Hicks, who – while entertaining – was not the greatest vocalist. Heejun doesn’t have as much on-stage charisma as Taylor did, yet he has never been out of tune. So does entertaining personality + not-terrible singing = stunning upset? If Heejun could pull off something uptempo I might actually give him a shot..

• tewence says:

Unfortunately I think Hee Jun’s vocals are lacking and he is out of tune quite a bit. He is funny and has a great tone, but that’s about as far as it goes. In my opinion haha

• Templar says:

I liken Heejun to Kevin Covais. And how long he stayed around. Go figure.

• Ralph Butler says:

I can’t even believe that he’s still there! He can’t even sing. He would do well in a karioke bar somewhere, but not on the pop charts anywhere! Something is seriously wrong with the voting process. Erika van pelt sings rings around him. If lee hun last one more session, that’s it, I’m not going to watch another episode, for good!

• Ben says:

HeeJun is no stunning upset, I think his arc may be closer to Anoop than Taylor. That would still get him a few more weeks in though. Frankly, I don’t think Heejun should win, but I want more Heejun studios, 3 is not enough. I’ll try hard to keep him beyond Erika, Elise & Deandre (none of whom have a chance of winning either) and if possible Colton. When it comes to Hollie, Jessica, Skylar and Joshua, I recocgnise those 4 each deserve a shot at the win and I wouldn’t try to keep Heejun past that point.

• Ben says:

Given Heejun wasn’t even in the bottom 3 last week, or the bottom 3 guys the week before, what makes you think that he will go home this week?

3. Twain says:

Slezak: As much as I enjoy Joshua’s singing, I think he’s more likely to go out 6th than Colton. I don’t feel like he’s got that “something” that others (like Hollie) have. Hollie is my dark horse. She’s got a great personality and once she works on her performance even more — a Kelly Clarkson-like “Stuff” performance — she’s poised for a breakout.

4. blingedup says:

I’m parting ways with the majority this season…….I find Elise and Erika’s voices so much more interesting and entertaining than Jessica or Hollie’s.

All lovely voices, but I would enjoy listening to an entire CD of Elise or Erika much more.

(Loving Skylar’s voice also, but I’m with the majority on this one.)

• marie says:

You took the words right out of my mouth, blingedup! Could not agree more. In fact, I wish I had an Elise Testone album to listen to already! Jessica and Holly are fine, talented singers, but don’t hold my interest much.

• Made says:

Not parting with my point of view ’cause I totally agree with you :) I’m not fond of power belters like Jessica or Hollie. I absolutely prefer bluesy/rock voices like Elise’s (who had a killer performance) and Erika’s (who didn’t have one this week). Also, without denying Joshua’s unbelievable talent, I’m not a fan of this genre. I prefer Colton’s style which, IMO, is much more contemporary and current. Not understanding the P2 love either. His contortions are distracting and he hasn’t really given any outstanding performance other than his audition, again IMO.
      I wish they just ditched the judges and their opinions once and for all! Telling someone she should stick to what they do best which are balads??? In 2012??? Come on!
      Gone are the days when David Cook brought new arrangements to the songs he picked in every genre he was thrown into and really made them his own.
      To Michael and Melinda, your Idology episodes are the best thing about Idol right now!

• Lunakit says:

Right?! 100% in agreement

• Cup of Joe says:

Let’s get real here: While it’s likely that both Elise and Erika have more interesting tones and more relevant than Jessica and Hollie, you can’t deny the fact that somehow, the former two can’t connect to the public as well as the latter two. Not to mention, because Jess and Hollie are younger, they somehow appeal to the voting public (aka teens and housemoms).

• Marsaili says:

Sorry Joe, but this housemom prefers Elise and Erika to the power belters. Don’t get me wrong, they are good, I like them ok—but I WILL buy Elise’s album and even Erika. I don’t see myself buying Holly and Jessica’s stuff. Of course, my all time favorite Idol is Haley Reinhardt! and David Cook. And Daughtry. And Melinda. Housemoms go for the singers that make them feel something. Little girls impress with their abilities but they don’t have the life experience to put into the song. That emotion from experience is what grabs housemoms.

5. Morgan says:

I like seeing Elise up at #5 in the poll, at least when I entered it.

Also, I do NOT get the love for Phillip. Seriously turned off by his yell-y vocals and too-tightly-wound movements. Good looking though

• Morgan says:

I forgot a major point to my little Phillip rant: I can’t stand his take on songs. I liked last week the best for him (post surgery=more “singing”, less “yelling”?), but his take on Phil Collins was butchery. If he’s this year’s American Idol, I don’t get it.
      /endrant

• tewence says:

He has a frog in his throat and a growl all at the same time. Too forced and not genuine. I really, really don’t know why he made it as far as he did. And people love him! I think it is the obsession with the southern-boyish-cool-rocker vibe that people perceive him to be. If they couldn’t see him, they wouldn’t like it.

• Ben says:

I agree Morgan. We have to put up with the fact that many people like Phil, and I have to admit I think he is better than Lee Dewyze – but I wouldn’t have had Lee winning his year by any stretch of the imagination either. But personally, he sounds much more shouty and screechy to me than Joshua does, which seems to be the big criticism of Joshua from Phil fans.

• Marsaili says:

I love Phillip—I love his sound, I love his passion, I love his voice, I love how he rearranges songs. I think he is this seasons David Cook—although to be sure, he doesn’t have the kind of range Cookie had—but he does very well with the range he does have!

6. Love Phillip, Hollie and Skylar. I hate Joshua and his gospel style. Go to church, man. I think in this season the judges are so much weak, making a lot mistakes and burning younger voices.

7. Forwarddad says:

Wouldnt be so sure Heejun leaving anytime soon. This early in the game is still a popularity contest as well. If he keeps dropping funny lines he will hang around a couple more weeks. Deandre needs to step it up. I think it maybe Erika or Elise who maybe in the most danger. I think they are splitting votes.

8. Amanda says:

Joshua should win but he won’t which is why Idol is a horrible, smarmy, brainwashing franchise…. Can’t wait to watch tonight!!

9. Lois Benton says:

Phillip and Colton are boring. They have no variety in what they do. If the coaches do right by Deandre, he could vault to front-runner status, which is where Joshua belongs. I love Holly and Elise, and they both have a sense of excitement about them. Jessica lacks that. She is very good, but she’s not exciting. I WIll Always Love You was a moment? It was very good technical singing, a copy of Whitney. Joshua feels everything. Deandre has the ability to bring it too. Holly and elise do as well. jessica needs to work on it.

• kody says:

Sorry but I think you have Jessica and Hollie mixed up. Jessica brings excitement. She’s a true professional on the stage. Hollie lacks excitement to me. She has only sung ballads, all of which have been sung better in the past.

• Cup of Joe says:

Oh that’s a laugh, you think that all of the stuff Hollie has sung has been done better by the likes of say, Jasmine Murray, Chikezie or Amy Adams (who?)? Get real!

• tewence says:

lol!! Amy Adams haha the only thing I remember about her besides her hair was “Sin Wagon.” Hollie no doubt is talented and I am crazy about her voice. I remembered her from last time she was on the show, and I actually had to google Jasmine Murray. She just needs to pump it up a tad.

10. C says:

I am surprised that I am not rooting for Phillip, but I just think he’s bland and I’m not impressed by his voice. I prefer Colton and think he is being massively under appreciated and underestimated. For some reason I really like Hollie even though I’m not a fan of her song choices. I usually like the more rock oriented contestants, but I’m really digging Skylar and Joshua.

11. Sean says:

Don’t count Elise out just yet. She’s a dark horse, for sure, at this moment, but don’t forget that Haley Reinhart was in the Bottom 3 almost every week and still made it to Top 3 by gaining fans. Elise might do the same,but she’s gotta start coming across more likeable to do it.

12. Mike Pipkin says:

I can remember where, by now, the votes had coalesced around two, maybe three, singers. But, as of the time I’m posting this, there is not one singer with more than 20% of the vote. Slezak’s bottom three are mine as well, so I’d like to see them go (in that order, as I would love to hear more of Erika). After that, it will be fun to see who continues to rise to the occasion.

• Ben says:

This site traditionally over-represents certain genres (like Haley, Elise and Erika) comparitive to public opinion, and traditionally underrates the effect personality has on voting (like Scotty, and possibly Heejun this year) and ‘power’ singers – often meaning black singers (see Jacob, and possibly Jessica right now). I wouldn’t see this poll as at all indicative of how close this season is – really I think there are probably only 3 in the race (Joshua should make it 4, but his demos count against him).

• Ben says:

When I say ‘over-rates’, I mean comparitive to the way America actually votes (not in terms of actual ability). I love the fact that this site is so diverse in the way it votes on this poll… I think it reflects the fact that this season has so many good singers.

13. Sam says:

I don’t think that Heejun is amusing, I think he’s annoying. Michael hit it right on the head on Idology when he said that Heejun needs to stop mugging at the camera and start showing some work ethic. He comes off as conceited like “Oh, look at me! I’m way too smart to be on this show!” Even if he had a great voice I’d want him gone. And now that he’s the weakest vocalist of the bunch, I pray he will be.

14. Leah Santone says:

As much as I love the stylings of Elise and Erika, I have a feeling they won’t be able to break through the solid wall of the (deservingly) established front-runners. I’m not sure of the exact order, but I have a feeling this year’s Top 6 is going to be Colton, Hollie, Jessica, Joshua, Phillip, and Skylar.

• Templar says:

I think your top 6 estimate is spot on. The rest are just filler.

• Ben says:

There is always the chance of an upset elim, but I think there is a very clear line between those 6 and the other 4. I don’t necessarily agree with that line (personally, I think Colton is far and away the weakest contestant left) – but to me its clear that this line exists, and that the judges save would probably only be used on one of those 6 contestants.

15. tewence says:

I have to admit, I don’t understand the hype over Phillip and Colton. I think people in America are obsessed with this “cool rocker” image and aren’t actually listening to the contrived and disingenuous voices and performances of those two.

Elise is the truth! I think she is misunderstood. She seems like a totally chill, genuine, nice girl who is SO passionate about music. America interprets her authenticity as an attitude, which will hold her back in the competition…but the talent and performances speak for themselves. She has an honest voice and is one of the most unique contestants the show has ever seen. So legit.

Jessica is the bomb. In every way. Period. The same can be said for Joshua.

DeAndre, when in his element is FULL of potential. He has an impressive falsetto and a vibe which will be the reason he has a career. The music that is right for his voice is not popular with America, but when singing the right songs he is on POINT! Incredible talent, especially for his age.

Hollie has a solid voice, but lacks the “it” factor. I do love hearing her performances, though.

I feel like I am forgetting people…because they are forgettable, I guess. (whoops)

Oh yeah, Skyler, Hee Jun, and Erika. Skyler is good at what she does, not my cup of tea. Hee Jun is…funny. And Erika…something is missing and I can’t put my finger on it. Oh, I know what it is…Jen Hirsh.

• Miscellaneopolan says:

My name is Miscellaneopolan and I endorse (most of) this message.
      I feel like I want to like Erika more than I actually like her. Her tone is terrific, I like the fact that she’s a bit older, I like her style, I like her edge, but when she’s gotten on stage she’s never quite delivered a knock-out (with the possible exception of maybe Edge of Glory) Something tells me that Billy Joel week won’t be an exception. Now that there are so many talented people competing for spots, I’m going to start to make peace with seeing her leave.
      I hope DeAndre slays it tonight and vaults to the front of the pack. He’s definitely got talent, and I’d rather have him in the top 5 over Phillip or Colton. We’ll see.
      Unless he surprises me tonight, Heejun seems like the one who deserves to go home this week, but something tells me he’ll stick around for a while longer. I agree with you that Hollie is lacking a certain “it” factor. I wouldn’t be upset if she went home soon, although I know that terribly unlikely to happen.

• Ben says:

Agree. Colton brings absolutely nothing new to music, I could see Colton at some kind of town fair talent quest. I don’t think he shows cojones – to me he comes across as shooting for Adam/James Durbin (those two DID have cojones) and falling short of both. To be fair, I like Colton and I wanted to see him get his shot – but he doesn’t deserve it to continue over many other contestants in the top 10. As for Philip, he is more unique than Colton, and more in the creative vein of David Cook. I think he does have Cojones. I think he does bring something new. I’m just not sold that he is very good, I wish he had slightly better judgement (In the Air, for example, could have been a good song choice with a different arrangement, or could have been a good arrangement with a different song choice. But his collective decisions were poor) and also slightly better vocals.

Jessica and Joshua are without a doubt the best two vocalists on the show. Anyone who says otherwise is talking about genre preference, personality, or other subjective judgements. Objectively, they are the best two pure vocalists. Hollie and Skylar are great but clearly a step back from these two. They may best them in the genre/personality stakes though.

Heejun and Deandre are the most underrated by many. If I’m thinking purely of what someone would think turning on the radio and hearing a vocalist with no prior knowledge, of who they are I think Heejun and Deandre might get people to look further. I don’t think Elise or Erika would (too generic) or Colton. So I think Elise, Erika & Colton ought to be the next three to go, followed by Heejun and Deandre, then Philip at 5.

• tewence says:

I am interested in why you think Elise is generic…vocally? or personality/image? Would you elaborate?

• Templar says:

It must be vocally because she has no personality.

• Ben says:

Vocally, yeah… I’ve been listening to the studios from the last couple of weeks pretty regularly and over time some have stood out as different, others haven’t. Elise has a lovely tone, but I think it’s not any different to the tone of others in her genre, and I’m judging ‘ought to go’ above based on how well I think they could sell.

16. Hollie gonna bring it tonight baby you better believe it.

17. Jessica and Holly are the best. I don’t know why people like Phillip Phillips so much. He’s just a Dave Matthews wannabe.

18. the real wendy says:

The only thing I disagree with you on: I think Kris Allen had a major moment, and maybe won his season based on a very little known song (Falling Slowly). I LOVED that it was not a song that I had heard and he really connected so well to it. Even though I am not a big Colton fan: all contestants… DON’T pick boring songs that we have seen a million times on this and other singing shows!!! Surprise us!!!!

19. Jane says:

I don’t get the Phillip X 2 love. If you mean by originality and risky rearrangements totally ripping off Dave Mathews, than sure maybe he’s more talented than I think. Do love Skyler and Colton though.

20. Josh says:

Phillip Heejun and Colton are my Bottom 3

LOVE LOVE Hollie Jessica Elise and Joshua

21. Josie says:

I don’t get what the big thing with Phillip is. He kinda scream sings and makes weird faces. GO HOLLIE!!!

22. Justin says:

you said…artistry. ok kara. nice to see you again.

23. Tarc says:

Like other people have said (including Stephen Tyler), Philiip has “IT”. Jimmy Iovine flat out said he was going to sign Phillips if he didn’t make the Top 13, and there is a pretty evident reason for it. Phil has talent, execution, heart, and a great, today-relevant sound.

• Billy says:

I really like Phillip also. Too bad he can’t sing – it would really help give him credibility as a musical artist.

24. Name That Tune says:

See, I don’t care for Phil Phillips at all, but he totally fits the WGWG that has become the standard inner in this thing. Colton has the same vibe. Hollie has a powerhouse of a voice, but she is still pretty raw as a performer, and I don’t think the voters on this show go for that type of singer anymore. Jessica has a lot of power, but there is an unpleasant rawness to her voice – especially when she screams – that makes my ears hurt. Elise has a nice style, but her tone is not pleasant enough for the style she is trying for. Erika has a lot of things going for her, and is my vote for the Haley R. of this season, but she’s got to deliver. If Deandre were more certain of himself, he would be a superstar. Heejun is just not that good. So that leaves Skylar and Joshua. They are the most interesting singers, but Skylar needs to take more risks. Joshua is just flat out good, but he won’t win. I don’t want to make this about race, but, no matter how good he is, he’s got to overcome that WGWG prejudice

25. Marisa says:

Why isn’t there a “I don’t give a flying one” option?

26. Not even all the way through this yet, but gotta say.. LOVED Melinda’s face when she remembered Billie Jean. ( :O BILLIE JEAAAAAAN) hahahaha Amazing <3

27. RD says:

I can’t remember a season before where there isn’t someone in the top ten that I couldn’t wait to see eliminated. I’m indifferent to a few,but certainly don’t have an aversion like previous years.However ,don’t get the love for Phillip,(a one note if ever I saw or heard one ),or Hollie (stiff and somewhat dull-perhaps Tommy Hilfiger’s team can put some life into her visually,but with Billy Joel week i’m not holding out much hope visually or vocally).

28. Erin says:

Philip – could you buy an entire album that would sound the same every song? I don;t get the voters’ like for him beyond his look…. Don’t understand the appeal of Colton and yes I am of cougar age and a rock and roll fan. Neither of these 2 come close to Adam, D. Cook…. Hollie – too old style diva ballads and stiff on stage with yes, a great voice. Jessica amazes me because she is so young to sing with so much emotion…Not a country fan at all (stopped watching last year after H voted off) and Skylar is really R & B and terrific! Deandre could be in the top level at the end if he sings like he did Stevie Wonder week – picks the right song he is truly in to. Joshua is the bomb! Elise should be the top group but tween girls doing the voting (hence Phil P and Colton and Hee Jun — should be going next weakest voice left) Agree that Erika should go back to a brunette and just let go with that voice on stage. IMO should be Josh and either Skylar/Jessica in the final but will be Phil P and probably Jessica. BTW I have not voted since Chris Daughtry was voted off.

29. Delirious says:

I gotta say, what I like the most about the ranking is that Slezak correctly typed “cojones” (and not “cajones”, which means “drawers”, or “cohones”, which simply is wrong) there. Kinda like when people surprisingly say “mano a mano” (hand-to-hand, like face-to-face) instead of “mano y mano” (hand and hand… obv wrong). Although I always find it funny when english-speaking people use “cojones”, since it’s quite a curse word to reference testicles.

Ooooh, and this is the first time I comment with the new wordpress form… Now, we just need to be able to register our names/nicknames/aliases/etc here on the website (instead of using external accounts) :P

30. YowzaPowza says:

Can we all please agree that another white guy with a guitar cannot win this show? And seriously Slezak, I thought you were on board with this. And there you go ranking him at number one. I think Philip is fine, but he’s not THAT great. He’s a one trick pony who Dave Matthew’s Bands’ every song he does right down to the movements and disguises it as art. If he wins this show, this season will be considered a failure, because that guy is not selling records. Have we learned nothing?

31. em says:

I agree with much of this, a lot than the power list on ew. I think you hit the nail on the head with the problem with Hollie. Unless she changes her ballad-y song choices and performs them well, I could see her near the bottom around top 6. Otherwise, It’s Phillip’s to lose right now, and I think Skylar might be the top girl at this point..

32. zaza says:

I think Holly could be the first female contestant in a long time to actually garner the teen-girl voting block. Unlike Jessica, who seems kind of diva-like on stage (though she seems sweet in her interviews) and Skyler, who is nice but likes to hunt (not something most teen girls are into), Holly seems to be the kind of sweet, average girl that teen-girls might see as someone they could be friends with.

As for which of the boys the teen-girls might vote for, I think Colton might have the edge over Phillip. Even though I, as an old broad, think Phil is more conventionally good-looking, the teen-girl in my house thinks Colton is so hot. Colton looks the part and the tween crowd would not get Phil’s style of music.

• Templar says:

ITA. The teen girls in my family consider P2 to be “A one-off wackadoodle”. Colton is more their speed and none of them like Skylar who they consider to be “Gauche”. Not my words, don’t kill the messenger.

33. Sandi says:

My breakdown:

Colton – my fave. Has the voice, the individuality, the stage presence, the look…the whole package. I haven’t liked anyone this much since Adam. (Adam’s still the best, though.)

Phil Phil – Meh. He’s okay but I can’t help compare him to Colton who I vastly prefer.

Jessica – A powerhouse. I hope she goes very far.

Hollie – I know I’m supposed to like her but I find her boring.

Joshua – Technically, he’s great. It’s not my genre but at least he keeps me awake.

Heejun – Out of his league.

Erika – Nothing unique about her. No reason for her to stand out. I don’t expect her around much longer.

Elise – A ton of talent but lacking in personality which is going to hurt her big time. I don’t see her getting past the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Deandre – Could be the most marketable in the whole group but he needs to pull it together and use his instrument to his advantage if he’s going to stick around.

Skylar – I love her but I think the Idol forces are going to work against two country artists winning back to back. They’re going to try to stop her in her tracks if she starts looking like a winner.

34. Lo says:

This is how I see the elimination order going (not necessarily who I want to see gone):

10. Deandre

6. Joshua
    5. Colton
    4. Skylar
    3. Hollie
    2. Phillip
    1. Jessica
    if this happens, I promise i’ll continue to watch AI till i’m 60!

36. Terry says:

I think Elise’s attitude will be her downfall.

37. Templar says:

Well, it was half train wreck and half not bad. Color me unimpressed by the judges obvious pimping of the unworthy and hemming and hawing over some who were more deserving.

38. Lois Benton says:

Colton is so annoying. The fake breaks in his voice sound like squeaks and yelps. And it does it throughout every song. I can’t stand it!

39. tomrower says:

my vote goes to 08

40. TB says:

I honestly don’t know if I truly enjoyed a single performance tonight…everyone is talented this year, there’s no question of that, but why oh why are they all choosing ballads?

41. Miss Otis Regrets... says:

Wow, Phillip is winning the poll. Lot of fellow heads out there? Looks like he’s discovered the awesome Cali smoke. The kid needs to learn though, toking up before going on live TV = not winning…

42. ladyhelix says:

Would Lauren have even made the tour this year?

43. american idol 2012 says:

jessica clearly the winner ok!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Stephen S. says:

6. Elise
    5. Phillip
    4. Skylar
    3. Colton
    2. Hollie
    1. Jessica

– now that’s more like it :-)

46. Rick says:

10. Erika – she’s gone as I write this! I’m going to miss your beautiful voice!
    9. Heejun – you suck
    8. Deandre the sooner the better, just a pretty boy.
    7. Joshua – judges save, helluva talent, just reminds me of Jacob and I wanna barf.
    6. Elise – she is older and not pretty enough
    5. Colton – because he’s just not that good
    4. Skylar – I think she will have a bad week and it will expose her.
    3. Hollie – good fan base
    2. Jessica – good fan base
    1. Phillip – tween texter syndrome and of course the cougars who power dial.

My dream finish:

10. Heejun – you suck, just a gimmick, not even top 24 material.
    9. Deandre the sooner the better, just a pretty boy. should not be in the top 12.
    8. Joshua – too gospel, seems like a nice kind.
    7. Colton – I like his sister better, what is with your hair dude?
    6. Phillip – True artist, good sound, lacks charisma, Lee Dewyze all over again.
    5. Skylar – Great country singer but that is all she is and they are a dime a dozen.
    4. Erika – Mature voice could make a great record, 25 lbs lighter and she in the finale.
    3 Jessica – Great voice, amazing talent, not sure where she fits as an artist
    2. Elise – Best Radio voice, probably the best overall singer.
    1. Hollie – I just love those blue eyes and those amplifiers in her pocket, This is TV folks and I like looking at pretty girls.

47. alpha01 says:

Jessica is only 16???? wtf, shes freakin amazing!!!

48. Richard says:

10. Heejun- good tone but needs to sing an uptempo music and start being serious about his singing…he does have good personality.
    9. Deandre- he has marketable looks and unique hair and voice but his falseto, which is wonderful can also be his disadvantage because it’s hard to find a song that fits his voice. I feel because of this, he is the most limited and least versitile.
    8. Erika- she has a nice tone and her and Jessica are the most versatile but among all the girls, her upper register has the shortest reach, she strains it and becomes pitchy when belted out. Also, her weight makes her older than she really is. Also, her actual age of 26 might be too old for the voting tween girls.
    7. Skylar- I think she sings the same country songs and it can be sleepy. She does have the high notes when needed but, that really doesn’t belong in most country songs.
    6. Elise- She is unique and I like the runs she does at the end of her song. She also has good arrangement of songs sometimes but She is the oldest in the group and maybe lacking in personality which the voters have noticed.
    5. Hollie- She has a beautiful voice and has a good range as well but if you notice, sometimes her last note could be pitchy…check her videos. She has a nice personality and got the looks factor and the young teen factor that is relatable to the voting young masses of teen girls.
    4. Colton- He could be alternative or pop rock. He is the wgwg and that is what the teen girls want but compared to the other white guy with guitar who have won in the last seasons, he might not be on par.
    3. Joshua- He has an amazing voice…very soulful and gospel type of voice…that might not be as marketable as mainstreem. Sometimes when he sings, he doesn’t connect enough with the words he sings and can be thinking more on where to stress the high notes but not realizing that interpretation of the song is needed. His rendition of “When A Man Loves a Woman” was amazing though.
    2. Phillip Phillips- likeable, good looks with another amazing voices. He also is in the wgwg category and we know that young girls love to vote for that. What’s lacking though is style in his clothing and he seems to be singing all his songs the same way with the same facial expressions and the same notes. Because of the shouting, it sometimes comes out that what he says is really not relatable or understandable. Next time you listen, ask yourself what did he really say in his song?
    1. Jessica Sanchez- got the looks, style, youth factor and Amazing voice which has a lot of range. From the smooth soft melodic tones, to good mid range and various types of upper registers where she can really belt out a tune. She is also the most versatile and she can mimic the great artists. She has a beautiful unique gritty growl and unique vibrato. She’s very talented and can sing ballad, uptempo, gospel, r&b, pop and urban music.

49. Maria Ogawa says:

Like them…

50. Christina says:

Okay People, I DEFINETLY think Colton Dixon will win……. hes talented it does not matter about Looks at all! me ans my ( baby sister ) are big fans lol i even made her a onesi that says im a colton dixon fan! go Colton!!!